An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Liberation of Veccavia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:37 pm

The Harlequin closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

Sir Aranor please inform your knight that if he speaks in such a manner again I will remove his head from his shoulders. Also inform him of the tactical reasoning of my plan. And after you do that finally instruct him that The King placed me in charge of the Pendor contingent on this campaign and as such what the KOTD will be doing and that includes him will fall under my command.

It appears the man does not even understand what is going on. Try to rectify that situation because he looks foolish.

The Harlequin returns to studying the map of the city and surrounding countryside before looking up and saying,

oh please make sure he attempts to improve his grasp of the spoken tongue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfarmin
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:01 pm

After clearing his head Wolfarmin renters the room and apologies to the Harlequin

I didnt mean any disrespect, i am sorry for what i previously said and i am ready to follow any orders you give.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:35 am

Paladin, please remember that you are my second-in-command, and a servant of the king. The king has given Mat and the Harlequin the power to use us as they please, do not be afraid, they both are great commanders. Perhaps next time we shall command the army.

Remember, paladin, that the KOTD are the ones clearing the streets, our prowess is not unnoticed.

I have given you your orders of going to the outlaying villages to raise support for Boadice, that is your job, I have told you privately did I not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:56 am

Mat thought, arranging his thoughts.

"All this talking has had be a bit confused, so I'm going to try to organize this into a coherent plan... First, we are going to land at a secret cove, clear resistance, if any, then march on the capital."

"On reaching the gates, some of the Dawn knights will split off and spread word of our arrival, while I take the first gate and open it for the rest of our forces. On this, I would like to know if there is any secret way to get into the city, or will we have to storm the gates? When we get through the gates, I will head for and secure the armory while the Ebony Gauntlet and the Mettenhiem Greatswords march on the castle and the second gate, with the rest of the KotD rounding up resistance."

"This is far as we have planned, unless I have missed something. This leaves me with two questions. What do I do with the armory when it is taken, and how do we take the Veccavian keep?"

Trying to puzzle this out, he sat back in his chair.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Well, logic alone would state that capturing the armory would restrict access to their weapons, the keep can be stormed most likely, thats what the mercenaries can probably do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:51 pm

First Sir Aranor we do not have any mercenaries so I do not understand where that is coming from. Our Mettenheim friends are not mercenaries at all.

He unrolled a parchment that he had been working on for awhile

This is the plan written up to how I understand and want it executed.

The main point which appears to confuse mat is something I will explain the secret cove is within the city walls.

For the remainder I will use the map as an aid

1. We drop the knights off somewhere along the coast outside the city. They cause distruption and make their way to the assigned gate.

2. The main fighting force lands at the secret cove and make their way up to the city.

3. This is where we split. The main push will occur under my own control rushing to seize the armory quickly and therefore robbing the citys garrison of their arms and armor. A secondary force under the control Mat with half of my gauntlets and a third of Frederick's greatswords will force their way to a gate and let in the main force of the KOTD. The KOTD will bring 2/3 of their men into the city and dismount them in stables to be determined by Sir Aranor and Mat. The remainder of the KOTD will stay in the countryside informing the people of Queen Boadice's ascension and cutting the enemies lines of communication.

4. Then once the armory is taken the main force will continue to cut their way through what should be scant resistance until they reach the main keep. The second group including the knights of the Dawn will follow behind and spread out siezing all the ladies of import and their families to be used as hostages and to prevent their escape from the city.

5. My main fist will likely face little resistance in the taking of the main keep since the gates are only locked and closed in times of a siege and the men on the walls should be few.

6. As soon as the main keep is taken the Mettenheim regular troops will immediately serve as guards on the second set of walls.

7. Queen Boadice will be installed and the remainder of city will subsist. We will then consolidate our base of power and see what happens next.

The order of battle is as follows,

The KOTEG will lead the pushes through the city, interspersed into their ranks will be the mettenheim greatswords. The greatswords will avoid clearing buildings of enemies as this will be conducted by Gauntlets.

The orders for clearing a building will go as follows. 1 knight per 100 square feet with three knights minimum. A warning will be shouted in Veccavian (the phrase has already been taught to all of my men) to clear the doorway. One knight will kick or ram down the door (doors are easy to replace my men's lives are not) while two other gauntlets immediately blind fire their crossbows into the room clearing the approach. They will then blitz in and subdue any residents likely peacefully.

Following these Gauntlets and Greatswords will be the Mettenheim regulars clearing up behind us and watching the rear.

Any Questions?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Forgive me sir, I misheard you, I thought we had EL loco with his mercenary companies here. I agree with your plan, can you have some of your knights teach my knights that veccavian phrase? I am sorry to any metteheimers who might have been offended I have been mostly with my knights and in my quarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfarmin
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:55 pm

If I am correct i thought part of the plan was not to hurt any Innocent, but blind firing crossbows into there homes has a high chance of killing someone, why not just have a knight with a spear and a board shield move in front of the door when its kicked open, so if someone is waiting with a crossbow it well hit the shield then a crossbowman moves in and kill the person, same goes for if someone is waiting with a sword they well just be ran through by the spear. This way if someone innocent is near the door they wont be killed by a bolt from one of your crossbowman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 pm

If someone is standing in a doorway as it is being kicked down and has been warned to step away they are not our friends.

Obviously collateral damage will occur but these are my men going to engage in the most dangerous part of the mission so I will not be rescinding their orders.

Not to mention my men do not use spears and spears are worthless in tight quarters.

Finally a crossbow from that close of range will pierce any shield wielded or known by man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:49 pm

Frederick nods as the plans are unfolded.

"I agree to this, my men will fight where we are needed. May none stand in the way of the future glory of Veccavia!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am

Maybe if we are lucky we will get a festival in our honor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MordKaiser87
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:12 am

//Damm I hate timedelays. this is posted in response to wolfarmin's concern to centurion1 battle strategy

Just outside the quarters a quiet man let himself be known,
"Brother-Commander Wolfarmin, his grace of the Ebony Gauntlet speaks well. His plan is sound and more importantly, effective."
Pausing for a moment Varis looks before the host of men before him, curtly nodding to Grandmaster Aranor and the Queen Boadice before looking to Wolfarmin to continue,
“This is not a war of attrition, but rather a quick slice to cut off the head of the medusa-monster that is the false Queen.”
Varis’s face goes stern,
“we cannot afford the time to worry about the lives of ‘innocents’ or who falls at between our spears, we are fighting to take back an entire country!”
The knight-captain clenches his fist to his front and meets the eyes of others before him,
“we must take the initiative and hold to our mission, unyielding to consequences of war!”
He turns towards the Queen, “
your grace, I realize that these people are your subjects, but these are the very gentry that supported your sister to have you exiled from your homeland; away from the crown that is yours by right.”
Varis let his words sink in,
“forgive us for what we must do after Veccavia is taken, but implore you to allow us to fulfill our duty to you and the King, for some must perish so the greater good may be realized for all of Veccavia under your reign.”
Varis breathed out deeply, regaining his composure as he looked to the Queen and his compatriots for a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfarmin
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:55 am

(Wolfarmin thinks and tries to explain his concerns after bowing his head to Sir Aranor and anyone else that is superior to him in rank)

" I agree with the gracious commander of the Ebony gauntlet plan, I only had a concern and plan to remove it."

( Wolfarmin briefly looks at the ground, breaths in deeply and straightens his posture)

" My concern was that, if a young boy's family is killed before him by accident he will remember that for the rest of his life there dying eyes will be burn in to his memory, he will be scared for life, and that scar will become infected with hatred and hatred is a very strong emotion, but the point to what i am saying is that, hatred can lead be to do wondrous and evil deeds."

( Wolfarmin sits in his chair and looks Sir Varis in the eyes

" You of all should know what its like to for a young boy to see his parents dead or waiting to be killed, what i am saying is that if the hatred of that boy is strong enough when he is old enough to wield a sword he will point the sharpest part at us, and he will raise a army to match or destroy ours "

( Wolfarmin snaps back to reality and smiles )

" But that of course may never happen ( Wolfarmin flips a coin, it lands on the side of a shield , he stares for a while looks back up and smiles) but that of course well never happen, i must go."

( He leaves the room in relaxed fashion)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 am

Sir Varis, I am your grandmaster, the order you joined has the mission of spreading justice, not caring for the innocents would go against what this order stands for, the innocent are not the gentry, they are the commoners. The gentry could also have been against the queen and were forced to accept her. We do not know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 am

Mat looks at Wolfarmin, frowning.

"The plan is made to minimize casualties as much as possible for us. If the Dawn wishes to do things their way, then on the houses THEY clear, go ahead. We simply do not want a farm-boy slipping a knife between our ribs as we attempt to evict them. The gentry should be fine if they do not resist, otherwise, they will fall like wheat before the scythe."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 am

Fidelity (Mat Cauthan) wrote:
Mat looks at Wolfarmin, frowning.

"The plan is made to minimize casualties as much as possible for us. If the Dawn wishes to do things their way, then on the houses THEY clear, go ahead. We simply do not want a farm-boy slipping a knife between our ribs as we attempt to evict them. The gentry should be fine if they do not resist, otherwise, they will fall like wheat before the scythe."

Exactly matt thats what I meant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfarmin
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:22 am

( Wolfarmin looks at Mat, while fliping his coin)

It no longer matters there just peasants and I will be doing something entirely different at the time.

( Wolfarmin stops flipping the coin and and smiles and leaves to go rest in his room )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 am

And so the council adjourns for a nights and day, and then as the second night approaches the lookout yells: "Land ahead!"

The ship begins to turn in the thick mist and overhead is a clearing of a very large cave, easily enough to fit the multiple ships that are to dock there. But yet very secrative in it own right. Hidden behind massive scaling walls of rock and high waves. And below runs a coral, but between it a natural canal for the ships to enter and exit if need be. The force have arrived.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:16 am

The Harlequin inhales and loosens his sword in its scabbard.

He strides over to Sir Aranor and clasps his forearm in a legionnaire grip,

"You know your task my friend. May we soon be feasting in the halls of the new Queen.

He turns to Boadice,

"My lady may I introduce you to Sir Jason and his squad. They will be preserving your life at any cost during the course of our siege. Please do not stray too far from them, your life is of the utmost importance to us all.

The Harlequin makes a quick gesture with his hands and his men begin to disembark from the ship. He calls Sir Mat over and they discuss the final details of how their men will be split.

He then turns to the expeditionary force as whole,

Well men if we must die let us do so in the most glorious of fashions, with a blade in our hands and a foe-mans soul in our keeping.

May Astrea guide and protect us in the battles to come.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:32 am

Mat stands, pushing his chair back, and drawing the gigantic Pendor Greatsword off his back. He liked the feel of it in his hands, although he rarely used it. Walking over to Harlequin, he looks at him with a questioning gaze.

"Well, it seems this will be a fine day to fight... A fine day. Why did you call me over?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 am

The Harlequin quickly rattles off a few names and their respective squads..... Sir Jorah, Sir Heran,....... I believe those are enough men and our younger more agile fighters as you requested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfarmin
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm

( Wolfarmin wakes from his dream yawns and walks in the quarters after the Harlequin finishes he nods his head to all superior and speaks in a tired voice)

Where finally here I've been on this ship so long i actually cannot wait for a battle I shall go prepare

( As Wolfarmin leaves the room he raise his hand and makes a fist and yells)

Long live the Queen, Long live the King may Astrea protect them both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MordKaiser87
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 pm

Sir Varis searched for his brother-commander, but he didn’t have to look very far,
“Long live the Queen! Long live the King, may Astrea protect them both!”
Varis smiled, it was good to know that the enthusiasm before a battle was just the same as it was when he was an initiate many years ago.
Walking to Wolfarmin quickly Varis ushered him to put his hand down, “long may be their reign, Astraea willing.”
Varis fumbled through his undercoat trying to get to a pocket under his half-plate. Finding what he was searching for he handed it to Wolfarmin, “Here are the orders for the men to be transferred from third company to your command.”
As Wolfarmin skimmed through the list, Varis pointed out areas of interest, “I entrusted Sir Mattias to act as your liaison to the men, as we very rarely divide the company for battle.”
Seeing his commander worried the knight-captain reassured him, “the men will fight as true Knights of the Dawn I assure you; I have known each one of them in battle, and Sir Mattias in particular since he was an Esquire of the Dawn.”
Varis continued, “He is of Fierdsvain stock and is familiar with his people’s scouting tactics, which has proved to be an asset to the company many times over.”
Wolfarmin seemed satisfied, and continued to look over the parchment,
“Also commander, I am aware that your job is to move village to village so I suggest you use the knights to hold a perimeter around the village as speed is not their advantage. That way if any resistance were to be encountered or anyone tries to warn our enemies our knights can quickly cut them down.”
He then pointed down the page to the list of initiates and squires that he assigned as auxiliaries,
“these errants will do well to act as outriders however, their armor is lighter and horses swifter so they can quickly move across the country-side as well as to any gap in your flanks that need to be supported.”
Then Varis’s face sunk, “Unfortunately some of our initiates from the Valonbray are untrained in ranged combat upon horse, so while they are adept at using crossbows, many of them must dismount in order to utilize them.”
With that, Varis hoped the Master of Horse would be satisfied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfarmin
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Wolfarmin looked at the letter "This is good more men will help to control the situation, the outriders will be perfect to capture anyone that will try to escape, i just hope those crossbowman aim will be precise if the outriders cannot capture any messenger in time, this is perfect."
Wolfarmin looks at Sir Varis and explains his plan
"The original 30 knights that are under my command will create a perimeter around the village the others knights will fill any gapes and check the homes for anyone, the crossbowman will immediately dismount and create another perimeter on outer areas of the village, the men to be used as outriders will stay near the village to chase down any runners before they reach firing area of the crossbowman, this way we will have little to no incendents of death among the populace, before this Sir Matias will scout the area if he is as skilled as you say he is he not be seen i would like to surprise the village

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Wolfarmin your plan while detailed does not follow. You need to prevent official enemy messengers from escaping the city not some village. Also there are numerous villages and hamlets surrounding the capital city of the Veccavia. I would presume in the limited time you are going to have before Sir Aranor regains command you will visit as many of these farming enclaves to explain to the village that they have a new and rightful queen. Your plan is very.... time consuming for one single village.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Liberation of Veccavia   

Back to top Go down

The Liberation of Veccavia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next