Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

Go down 
+6
tobberman
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Dathlos
Lokloklok
MitchyMatt
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Marcus takes the letter and gives it to Sir Mitchell. The backside has a roughly-drawn map of the area with the defence lines and strategies marked there.

"Here. This is the only way to deliver casualties to them, not to us."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 12:28 am

Johan was still meditating when his assistant rushed into the tent saying that army is going to move out in the morning. Johan quickly stood up and started searching his armor and javelins. When he found them he saw his assistant still standing there Johan told him to leave. He started to clean his armor and collecting medical equipment into his backpack.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 am

Preparations were taking place all around the camp. Jareth gathered his men around him to give them the latest report and what will be expected of them.

"It will be long battle, it will be a hard battle. But there is noone else in Pendor who can do this. You are the first and only defense Pendor has against the Cultists. Tomorrow we will march towards Cez, we might continue to the beach and ambush them but that will be decided if we know when and where they are going to land. Prepare for everything and more. I expect nothing but the best of you. Stay with me all the time and you will win yourself eternety."

Jareth screamed the last words out and his men followed his example.

"No go, pack your stuff, get something to eat and then get some sleep. We will march early and fast."

Jareth dismissed his men and then made his way back to the Grandmasters tent. He had to know what plans will be made and if he could help. This was the time to show his worth to the Legion.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:08 am

Lok began writing a letter to his father. It was more practice of writing than any thing

Deer father, i am wrriting this leter to you to infr tell you of my will.

Loks writing and reading teacher and scribe looked over his shoulder and stifled a laugh. Even though Lok wouldn't hit him, he never wanted to get the mans on his bad side.When Lok first joined the legion a man pulled a prank on him and took his staff and Lok yelled with such ferocity nobody tried to do anything to the man again. Lok wasn't quick to anger but most men who knew him what topics to avoid unless they wanted to hear a grown man yell about the subject for hours. The main thing to anger him quickly was horses. Whenever he passed the stables he would glare at the beasts and if in a particularly foul mood would curse at them while walking by. Everyone that knew him knew he had no problem with men who rode horses, just the horses themselves. Some of the men had a bet going on why he hated horses as much as he did. Emirat spoke up and said

"Lok, why don't you let me write that one for you. You still haven't learned enough to write I'm afraid."

Lok crumpled up the piece of paper he was writing on and sat up and motioned Emirat to the chair

"Hello father. We are about to have a large battle so now is as good a time as any to inform you of what i want to go to whom if i die. The remainder of my pay and money will be given half to you, and half to my comrades in the legion. My staff and fixtures i want to be with me if they can recover my body. My other weapons and armor are to go back to the legion if they will accept them, if not they are to be sold and the proceeds handed out to who ever you think it should be handed to. IF for whatever unknown reason i die with a Horse in my possession, i want you to slit its throat. My leftover clothes should be given to whatever village nearby needs them and all my other possessions go to you."

Lok heard whinnying outside his tent and went outside just in time to see a horse running amok and closing in on his tent.Lok's first instinct took over and he punched the horse in the face as it came close. The horse stopped and almost fell over and looked confused and dazed as Lok went back into his tent with his hand sore inside his gauntlets. Many of the men who viewed the event looked confused and dazed also. It was a odd sight even though the horse was going slow enough for a man to punch it while it was still going. The owner of the horse didn't know whether to be thankful or angry at the man who just punched and stopped his run-away horse.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 6:31 pm

On his way through the camp Jareth saw horses being packed, Soldiers praying to their gods and some just sitting circles drinking what they thought to be their last ale.

As he approached the Grandmasters tent he could have sworn he saw a Silvermist Ranger coming out of it with a letter in his hand. "My mind is playing tricks on me" Jareth thought to himself, shook his head once and continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:50 pm

A raven from Theo to Lothar Strongshield, the silvermist representative.

Sir Lothar,

Send one ranger to analyse Cez’s walls and determine in advance the best positions for our archers once the siege begin. We will have no time waste on that later.

Send one ranger to pile up the Legion’s stock of arrows and have them ready for transport in their chapter. Ask permission for the armory official in my name (the request with my seal follows below).

Send one ranger to copy the general’s plans. Afterwards, hire some lumbermen, and make him coordinate the workers according to the following orders: cut down single trees in Cez’s woods and place the logs in strategic places and passages, with the purpose as to hinder the movement of snake troops in the forest. The plan is to slow them down while we retreat and shoot them from afar. Copy the blockade data into Marcus’ map and send it to him. For this, it is also important to place the blockades in accorda with his plans.

Send one ranger to prepare the material for fire arrows. Use to same ranger to assemble a cauldron near the wall, make the kindling ready for being lit, buy three pots of butter and two of oil. Also, fill 50% of the cauldron with water. Fetch a dozen of buckets and have them placed nearby.

Finally, send one ranger to put pumpkins on sticks outside Cez’s walls, and in all four sides of it. One of them must be placed as far as we can shoot. The other must be put closer and in a straight line with the first, and as far as a legionnaire can throw a javelin.

By the way, don't let Marcus put his hands on this raven. It's name is Porry the Dark One. Give him another bird.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:16 am

A slim ranger, with the typical South-eastern complexion, so common in Janos, is seen approaching the camp. He carries double swords on his hilt, a long bow and a decorated quiver. Behind him marches a column of equally silver-plated rangers, all with a fiery look in their eyes: they are all new and have recently passed their order’s demanding acceptance tests, the battery of tactical instructions and countless cold nights in survival drills in the woods and mountains. Proud of being now part of the kingdom’s elite, they will do their best to show their worth to their commanders and distinction to the eyes of the legionnaires. They might slacken in the future, but at this moment they would swallow molten iron if ordered to. Further behind come a turma of Clarion call riders, with their green armors, green horses and sharp eyes.

With a hand movement they all stop and Theo walks over to Marcus' tent, wishing to present himself.

Aue, general Marcus. The order of the silvermists sends you a third of their forces as to support your struggle. You have 70 bows at your command... [Theo pauses for a moment] and my two swords.

The legionnaires at your border encampment have provided me with some information on what is going on, and my men know what awaits them. Now we stand ready: what do you need done? I have some tactics in addition to those I have already sent you, but I must draw them beforehand.

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 am

Marcus came out from the tent. He took a look towards the rangers, smiled lightly and walked up to Theo.

"Well met, brother. I remember you from the Stormcliff Coves.. but these faces are new to me. Seemingly they have no idea of how to cooperate with us.. that is a bad thing. But I think it can be fixed right away. Oh, and the plans - we can discuss them when we reach the beach positions. Roughly we have three lines: the beach, the forest and the city of Cez. "

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:53 am

Shortly before Jareth reached the Grandmasters tent he saw troop of Silvermist Rangers approaching the camp. They were lead by a men with 2 swords and a longbow over his back. When Jareth first saw them he was awestruck, he only read about how the Silvermists looked like, but now he saw them live for the first time.
Marcus came out of his tent and greated the Leader of the Silvermists: Their power will be welcome in the oncoming battle.

Jareth got a little bit closer, so close that his presence will be noted but not to close to disturbe the conversation of them.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:46 am

I suppose we will have plenty of time to talk along the way. For now, I would like to have my men arm the tents and move around. They are still standing outside.

Theo left the tent with a parting bow and organized the Silvermists. After all was done, he went to his tent and wrote some notes. He called in Windfeet, one of his squad rangers:

Our constable Iskar was kind enough to send us some of his own ideas for the upcoming battle. He was the one responsible for the exploding fire barrels at the Stormcliff Cove, so we should give these things some thought. I’ve complemented them with something of my own and devised these plans. Here, take them to Marcus. If he approves them, take these other notes to the Legion’s engineers and start building them as soon as possible, and also copy the place of forest blockades on the general's map.

1. Water-and-log trap.
Use the nearby aqueducts or rivers to channel water to a small dam above the beach – when the enemy advances, release the water and create a marsh on the beach.

Gather dozens of logs and pile them up in several points above the beach. When the enemy cavalry charges, release them, before the water. Those netherworld horses are not agile enough to dodge an avalanche of logs.

2. Pointy wooden fences
We need to hinder their cavalry at all costs. These things are easy and quick to build, and good enough to either slow them down greatly or to stop their horses completely. We must build these and put them everywhere. ( here and here)

3. Ship breaker
Smaller and longer versions of the above, but made with harder wood. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pilum_murale_1.jpg

These would be hidden underwater all along the shoreline. When the ships land, some of them will hit those spikes and have their hull broken. As a result, they won’t be able to retreat, and the whole army will be forced to disembark on that precise spot, so as to not leave some soldiers behind.

But as it happens, that beach will be filled with our deadly traps. And they will neither be able to sail back, nor to advance without going through them.

"Oh, one more thing", Theo added , "tell the foot rangers that tomorrow they will take part of some of the drills the centurions are conducting. They must get used to the Legion's way of fighting and adapt themselves accordingly".

OOC: I'm not the Silvermist leader.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:06 am

Lok exited his tent after hearing men talking of the silvermist outside. He wanted to see these men he may be fighting with. He only assumed that that's what they would be doing so far from their woods. He approached where his fellow legionaries said they were and they were there. He was glad to see friendly faces before the battle that would either doom or save cez. Lok greeted a few of them and thanked them for coming to the legions aid. He decided to go tell Johan and set off to his tent
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:09 am

Johan had finished cleaned his armor. He left the tent looked around. It was like hornets nest. He took his pipe and started smoking it. He started walking towards grandmaster's tent. His assintant runned to him and said:

"We're almost ready to move some of our healers and equipment to the city. What else we need to do?"

Johan answered:"Do it and prepare the rest and send them to the city first thing in the morning but tell them that I need the best fighters of us in the field with me and tell those who are going to city send couple of wagons for the wounded so that we can transfer them back to the city."

Johan continued his walk towards grandmaster's tent.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:17 am

Lok approached Johan when he was done talking to his assistant.

"Ah, Johan have you heard the good news? The Silvermist are here to aid us in the defense of Cez! We are sure to beat the snakes back now, the Silvermist are masters of the trap and ambush!
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:29 am

Johan stopped and answered:

"No, I haven't but those are good news but don't be so optimistic about the future, because those men who they brought means I need to find more herbs and clean bandages. I'm going to grandmaster's tent, do you want to come with me? If not, there's hot water and herbs in my tent, that are safe enough to drink in a small pouch on my table."

Johan waited for answer and started slowly moving towards the grandmaster's tent.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:38 am

Lok had nothing else to do and followed after Johan

"Sure, ill come with. Dont have anything else to do. Also my hand is kind of sore because I punched a horse.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:42 am

"Why didn't you say earlier, show your hand."

Johan continued walking still smoking his pipe.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:49 am

Lok took the gauntlet off his right hand and showed Johan his bruised hand.

"In my defense the Horse deserved it."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:54 am

Johan looked the hand and tested it in case of broken bones.

"You have nothing to worry, no bones broken. And don't ever punch a horse or i'll punch you in face. We need those horses to be in good shape tomorrow. Here couple breaths from this and soon you shouldn't feel any pain.

Johan offered the pipe to Lok.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 5:59 am

Lok took a drag from the pipe and coughed a little

"The horse was rampaging, i actually stopped it."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 am

"Well, I think you took your punishment, but let's keep going."

Johan took the pipe back and put some herbs in it and continued walking.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 6:15 am

Lok walked with Johan. He had a respect for the man that has threatened him twice now in his state but didn't agree on the horse issue. Not having to be around horses is one of the main reasons he joined the shadow legion.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 am

When Johan arrived to the tent he hailed the guards and went inside.

"Grandmaster, I need to speak with you. I have organized healers and most of them will go Cez and set up major field hospital in there. Few of us, including me will stay with the army and serve as combat medics. We will try to get some wagons and horses from the city to transfer the wounded out from the beach. And do you know is there any medical herbs in the city? We need them more especially now when I heard about Silvermist reinforcements."

Johan took a small drag from his pipe and continued:

"And here's my will if I die in combat, please take it.Johan offers the will to Marcus. Give all my gold to those who need it and for my pipe and herbs that i carry, give them to Lok and Jareth. If you recover my body burn it and spread the ashes near Sarleon."

Johan took a couple breaths from his pipe and offered it to Marcus.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 8:00 am

Outside Marcus's Lok was waiting and idly talking with both Silvermist and Legion members looking for something to do. Lok wasn't a person prone to doing nothing and was always looking to help wherever he went. He was waiting for Johan to come back, perhaps he could help him in some way. Lok saw a man he recognized but didn't recall who he was pulling a horse. When the man saw him he quickened his pace with his horse. Lok couldn't remember him and wondered why the man was going faster. It didn't matter now.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Marcus sighs, barely managing to keep his eyes from not rolling over. He forced a smile on his face.

"Very well. I accept your will, and if any of us survives the battles coming and you die, I will personally make sure your will is fulfilled. Now me and Captain Theo have lots of important matters to discuss. Go and tell the men to pack up and follow the silvermists."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Jareth was watching the Silvermists and they seemed a bit odd. He read about the battle at the Stormcliff and so they had to know much about the Legion. But as it seemed they looked curious all around as if they never saw anything like this before. This might even be their first real battle as he saw some of them being very nervous. So Jareth started walking over to them as he was nearly run over by a man leading his horse very fast across the yard.

"Greetings fellow Soldier, I am very happy to see you here helping us in our defense. The Silvermists are always welcome within the Legion. Jareth made a little pause and a slight bow. My name is Jareth Meraxes, I am a Centurion in the Legion. What is your name."

Jareth adressed a single Silvermist Soldier who seemed more experienced then the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next