An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:56 am

"I am sorry, general, but all my Clarion knights are either in Cez or in the Legion's camp down to the south.
Let me get this straight: do you wish me to infiltrate in Cez and open the gates? For that I would take ten squads, 50 rangers with me, nearly a half of the ambush forces. I am ready to leave at your command."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:11 am

'Whatever it takes, Captain,the gates must be secured. Start with the undermanned gates, if there are any, and proceed further into the city to investigate. Inform any people of ours you find inside of our... fight here. And remember, we are coming into the city, so send a report of what you see in there. As for the time you are away -' He turned to Johan - 'we fight for Cez, the Legion and the Silvermists.'

tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:54 am

Johan put his hand in fist near his heart and bowed:

"For Cez."

Johan then turned to Theo:

"Captain, I have horses if you need to send a message to the camp but I'd like to have them back if you decide to borrow them as we need them for the wagons."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:42 am

"Acknowledged, general. I will leave at once.

Thank you for the support, captain Johann, but they will not be necessary. Firstly, I do not know how to mount your Empire horses; and secondly, we rangers are quite fast on foot."

Then Theo turned to the rangers around him:

"Ten ranger squads, with me! The rest of you stay close to grandmaster Caranthir! Boy", he looks at his assistant, "empty that bag of everything but a Clarion, ropes, hooks, and some caltrops."

Once again he turns to both grandmasters

"I will have no messenger crows with me. My next contact, therefore, will be made by sound, in the following order: one blow for 'declaring our presence', two blows for 'site is secured', and three blows for 'danger, help us'. Farewell to all of you."

[OOC: This is it, then. I guess Theo will be out while he runs to Cez.]

Summary:
- Theo will make it to the Western Gate with 50 rangers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:14 am

Lucius

Lucius chuckled. 'It isn't indeed, my dear ranger.' His voice was uncomfortable to hear; too amused, too warm, just too not-like-Lucius. Bliss the rangers didn't know that.

'Any signs of fanaticism in the Cultists? Well, even if there ain't any to see, Azi Dahaka's influence is strong. Once she's got her grip on you, there is little you can do to resist. I suggest that we still wait for an opportunity to capture one of them... perhaps, if we're lucky, the prize for patience will be something bigger...'

He grinned, appearing to be amused at something, but then it quickly faded before an expression of steely determination. His eyes glowed in anticipation; suddenly, too suddenly for him.

Eli & Finn

'Wait outside, Eli... I'm going inside first. If you hear sounds of battle from the inside, act as you wish.'

He nodded at the six who had gathered after him and ran into the shadows of his former chapterhouse, accompanied by the silent rustle of a sword being drawn from its scabbard.

Finn's tone lowered to a rasping whisper. 'Stay on your guard at all times, and never let it down when you're inside. Keep your packs ready.'

Marcus

'Farewell and good luck, Theo.' Marcus said. He spoke in tones of encouragement, but in his head there ran a hundred different scenarios; his army dying, Theo failing, Lucius dead on the streets of Cez, his Legion in tatters and the South in the thrall of Azi Dahaka. Sometimes it seemed too much to bear... and sometimes, another opportunity rose.

That thought was unholy. He dared not to even consider it.

But you can, can't you?, a voice said to him.

Suddenly he felt as though someone had cast a thick, dark blanket over his consciousness.

A new voice spoke in his head, softly reciting him the tale of his life. It made him weep, a lone tear rolling off the corner of his eye, then another; so painful was it to hear his own story made into words. He turned away from the others. This all can be forgotten and forgiven. This all can be replaced with a new life. Now the voice was even softer, if possible, and caressing. It soothed his senses, calming him, but there was no joy in his newfound solemnity. Marcus stood, allowing the rain to wash away his tears, as the voice slowly echoed in his head.

A possibility.

Laisha
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Laisha grinned as she heard about the water trap. Silvermist ingenuity never failed to surprise her.

"Let's see if we can't lure the cultists in, then." Sending orders down the line for the main line to move up to the opening of the trap, she ordered the archers farther forward.

When the latter were in position, she raised her sword. "Archers ready!"

She paused again, waiting until most had strung their bows. Her sword arced downward as she shouted, "Fire!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:05 am

Theo:

On his way.

Lucius:

Whatever the Ranger was going to say, it was cut off by the sound of marching. A great host was coming from the direction of the castle. The rain hasn’t subsided yet, so you can’t work out the details. However, it seems that the force is mainly made of Legionnaires.

Jareth:

”The gate is only a few crossroads away”, Sir Mitchell comments to you.

He appears to be rather serious, perhaps due to the upcoming battle.

”Have you ever been in a situation where you must kill someone you have fought beside with?”

Eli & Finn:

”Yes, sir”, Eli answers saluting.

He continues with a whisper.

”Take care.”

Finn nods and goes in, the others trailing him. The hallway appears to be clear, all the doors are closed and there isn’t any light or noises coming from behind them. However, the mess hall at the end of the hallway appears to be lit.

Laisha:

Geoffrey + 2 CC-Rangers are with Marcus.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:32 pm

[OOC: Sorry, I kind of glossed over the fact that you mentioned Geoffrey arrived....]

A trio of horsemen used what cover they could as they crossed at the edge of the beach. It seemed no one had noticed their movement...at least until a glint of silver in the forest drew their eye. The Clarion rangers stopped as a Silvermist ranger revealed himself and agreed to guide them to the captain. Geoffrey and the men occasionally spotted more concealed rangers, but not many. Finally, they were led inside the forest, where they gingerly maneuvered their horses around traps. The ranger paused as they arrived at the camp.

"What's wrong?" asked Geoffrey.

"I was expecting to see Captain Theo at the ready, frankly." The Silvermist seemed puzzled.

"It's alright, we'll find him ourselves." Geoffrey nodded to the ranger as he and the men trotted off. Unwittingly stumbling across Marcus first, Geoffrey called out, "Sir Legionnaire! Could you direct us to Captain Theo or someone else in charge?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 am

Johan saw the arriving silvermists and answered to them:

"Captain Theo just left to capture the city's gates. And that makes grandmasters Caranthir and Marcus here to be in charge of the situation."

Johan was somehow disappointed that Silvermists didn't recognize Marcus, but left it aside because badly timed argument could do harm to Legion-Silvermist relations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:18 am

Geoffrey glanced back and forth in alarm between Johan and Marcus for a few seconds. "I apologize Sir Grandmaster. Had I known it was you...."

Interrupting himself, Geoffrey regained his composure. "I bring news from the Silvermists!" he announced. "My captain, Lady Laisha, is leading an army of reinforcements along the north road and is currently in position to attack they enemy from there. She sent me ahead to inform the forces currently here of an opportunity to outflank the enemy. She requests that the forces here attack the enemy as soon as possible and pincer them between us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Jareth is taken by surprise by Sir Mitchells words. He never thought about this. There were many Legionaires in this City who betrayed them and now fought for the Cult.
But he never thought that he was killing men he knew. The moment they betrayed the Order and all the people they swore to protect was the moment they only became
objects not worth living for him.

"I was never in a situation like this. I might have known some of the Legionaires, but believe me that there will be nothing holding me back when I fight them. The moment
they turned on the People of Pendor was the moment they died. Now I only have to make them fall."

Jareth made a pause and looked at his sword. The metal was reflecting a ray of sun breaking through the clouds. It was a beatiful sight. He quickly looked up trying to catch a glimpse of the Sun before it vanished again but it was too late. He looked at Sir Mitchell with a face full of pain and determination. He didn't say a word, and just turned around walking again to to his men. With his back to Sir Mitchell he said loud for everyone to hear.

"Less talking, more walking."

He fastened the grip on his sword and shield. He was sure his men were following him. The words of Sir Mitchell were a bit depressing he thought. He always tried to act calm in this situations.
He never really thought that he was killing humans when he was fighting. He always told himself that they deserve this punishment, through their actions they lost all humanity.

What was the excuse of the Cult?

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:25 am

"Don't think that I hold it against you, good captain Geoffrey. But there have been... events unknown to Lady Laisha. Listen closely and repeat my message to her, please..."

He trailed off, listing everything quickly and distantly. He never looked at the ranger a second time.

"Cez has been assaulted from the inside. Traitors reside in the Shadow Legion. Advice her to fend off this assault and move to our position. Johan, would you have a squad of five Silvermists scout over to the way where Lady Laisha's army is moving - Geoffrey can surely tell you where - before they reach that destination? It will most probably alert them of our presence... and perhaps benefit us in other ways."

Having said what he wanted to, he snapped his mouth shut and began to move towards his army. In his mind he was already preparing them and the camp for the future; he was too slow. Too slow.

Cultists could be already around the corner, and his men just loitered around. Quickly enough he began to mutter to himself.

tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 am

Johan quickly answered:

"Yes sir, I will leave as soon as possible"

Then turning to his men:

"Wait here my return or if army moves, follow them. You know what you have to do."

Johan didn't expect a scout trip but he was going with them. He wanted to do something instead of waiting something to happen.

"Captain, let's go. I'll collect the scout party on the move"

Johan then started collecting volunteers that were needed in the scouting party.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Geoffrey shook his head firmly, though he made no move to stop Johan. "We have an army of fifteen hundred and several light siege engines, Sir Marcus. We'll never be able to maneuver it around the enemy without engaging. Your men are the more mobile ones and far more capable of executing a flank attack."

"However...," he added, "as I recall, my lady has deployed the army in three groups. She has one group of five hundred in reserve and could march it around the main battle to Cez. However, I make no promises and such a maneuver would be tricky, even with the lessening of the rain."

He looked to Johan. "If your man here understands your way of thinking, we could still use a legionnaire among us, no matter what you decide."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 am

Marcus walked over to his officers.

"Catullus, Brutus, take eight centurions, the Marines and the militia troops with you. Capture that abandoned boat on the beach those amalan legionaries left there." He leaned closer.

"You are to take that ship around the gulf to the Snake Cult's Armada and start to capture and man their ships. Once that's done, I leave the rest to you. Just do NOT land the Marines on the beach - we need those ships in the future."

'Consider it done, Grandmaster,' Catullus said. He appeared confident, but in a suspective manner; that was good. Catullus was always reliable.

tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:20 pm

Johan heard what Geoffrey said and stopped, turning towards the captain.

"I know a way which should be secure.Johan walked back to the captain and drew a map in the mud.There's a small trail that goes between main roads, it is narrow and takes more time than the direct route. I'm not certain about its condition right now, but I believe it should be adequate condition. And how long does it take to disassemble those siege engines? I'm asking this because if we can do that fast enough and the trails condition is adequate, we could carry them through it and that way transport the whole army."

Johan then waited Captains answer.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laisha
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:02 pm

Geoffrey scratched his head. "Sir...Johan, was it?" he asked. "I don't think it's going to be that simple. We'll do what we can, but no one can maneuver an army that quickly or easily."

He pulled on the reins and turned his horse. "You should hop on or find a horse of your own. The rangers will be quick enough on foot."

Geoffrey steeled himself for Laisha's reaction as he awaited Johan's choice. For once, he was a little afraid; he nothing to base her reaction to Sir Marcus' request on. Either way, he needed to move fast.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Johan jumped on Geoffrey's horse.

"Let's go, no time to get my own horse. And you don't have to 'Sir' me, I'm just a commoner."

Johan then signaled nearby rangers to follow them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:43 pm

The troops moved slowly forward as Jareth suddenly stopped. He looked to the left.
After a second he quickly turned around and approached Sir Mitchell.

"I have an idea. Move your Immortals through the park to our left. If my memory is correct you should be able to reach the Walls at the North Gate through there. We continue this way to the barracks. Maybe if the enemy underestimates our power we can lure them out. When you hear battle sounds charge in and try to flank them."

He looked Sir Mitchell into the eyes hoping he would like the idea.

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:04 pm

Sir Mitchell didn't need to think about that much.

"Hmm, this would allow us to inflict severe damage to any possible resistance you might encounter. I like the idea, but I think we should have another signal for the Immortals to interwene if something goes awry or the enemy doesn't come to face you."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Jareth thought about that and quickly looked at the Brigadier.

"This might be weird a Question but can you make Birdsounds?" Jareth showed an awkward smile on his face as he asked the question.

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 pm

"Only a couple. How is your repertoire?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 am

Jareth couldn't help but chuckle.

"I think we can use that as a sign for the Immortals to come to us without delay. So just make an obvious sound that is really loud so Sir Mitchell can remember it."

He then turned shortly to Sir Mitchell.

"Will this be allright for you?"

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:12 am

Lucius

The Silvermist was about to say something, but it his mouth was left hanging open as a slow pounding arose from within the city. Heavy footsteps, pebbles cracking under their metal boots, Shadow Legionaries began to emerge from the distance.

"Off the street!", he hissed from between his teeth, striding towards a shaded alley. There was one body there, propped up against the wall like a trophy, and blood all around it like he had been stabbed several times just for the fun of it. He had dark hair and somewhat familiar features, he noticed, but couldn't make himself concentrate enough to hold his gaze there any longer. It drifted away from the horrible carcass and into the Silvermists, who were already hiding in their choice of spots. Lucius followed their example silently and set his eyes on the road, hoping he could see whether the Legionaries were friendly or hostile.

Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:57 am

Sir Mitchell nodded slowly

"Yes, that might just work. brigadier, what kind of sound did you exactly have in mind?"

The brigadier supplied the answer quickly and professional enthusiasism.

"I will use the blue Mocking bird* this time. It is common enough in south so you would recognize it."

Sir Mitchell nodded and saluted.

"I will inform Kyros of this plan."

Lucius:

As Lucius looked at the marching column, he noticed that the Shadow Legion was a minority. The majority was Pendorian troops, which were also the most visible out of the troops. However, Lucius noticed, to his amazement, several Immortals and a couple of Silvermists in the fray.

* read, too lazy to look up for actual birdsounds.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread   

Back to top Go down

For the Glory of Baccus Offical Mini-Event RP Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next