Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aftermath Profile Pics

Go down 
+16
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Daedr0th
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Curanthir
Azlanek
dowpride
Mordred
Kamos
Saeros
Wolfarmin
DiabloDude
SimplePlan96
MitchyMatt
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 am

It's been a while. Baby-faced Mordred has realized that ruling Pendor is a very fresh hell.

He grew the beard because he can't trust anyone to shave him anymore. He looks older because he gets no sleep, as his young son needs to be near his side so the young Griffon Squires don't try anything foolish.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:25 am

He is also given to bouts of melancholia, as his history (and what I will hopefully publish tonight) will attest.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 am

Quote :
He grew the beard because he can't trust anyone to shave him anymore

Haha! The funniest thing I've heard in days.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 am

Really now, think of all the times plotters got to someone's cook, or hired a groom to be an assassin. I've yet to hear of a single account of a barber-assassin in the time period.

Perhaps thats why people feel they can tell hair-care experts everything!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:53 am

What bugs me is not how many people plan and try to kill a leader, but rather how many times this leader survives an assassination attempt. Even with modern technologies reducing this threat, just see how many times Hitler and Castro surivived! Now, my point is: I wonder how medieval kings managed to remain alive for so long, in a society without personal IDs, secret service, police and national crime network. Really, I think we should give more credit to these medieval guys - just for them being alive. They must have had a innate understanding of human psychology and stuff.

Oh no! I've used the words "assassination", "Castro" and "secret service" in the same post! Now CIA will be tracking the forum.

It's good for website traffic, though.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:56 am

LOL!

My favorite of all was King Zog. Granted he was twentieth century, but that's what make his story worth while. He shot back personally.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 am

Found this passage on the internet. Now your post isn't the funniest thing of the week anymore:

"Viking sagas are easily some of the most badass pieces of writing ever recorded. Produced by a bloodthirsty assortment of ridiculously violent warrior-poets who spent just as much time slinging spears as spinning tales [...] By the time the story is through, you can be pretty damn sure that nearly every single character is heroically lying face down on top of a pile of corpses with a gaping slash wound prominently displayed on some vital portion of their bodies, and their blade lodged in the head of their most hated nemesis.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Think we're a bit off topic.

On a seemingly unrelated note (but still related if you've been paying attention), I'm still trying to figure out why so many of those pictures I looked through trying to find an avatar had topless women. Is exposing one's breasts the preferred method for shooting a bow (and raising horrible, painful-looking welts across perfectly good breasts)? I mean, it was less than a dozen pictures, but more than one or two legitimately surprised me.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:48 pm

I have a comic I know of relevant to that Viking bit. But I'm not really sure it's SFW kinda deal...

Dunno Laisha. Female fantasy armor in general annoys me with being counter productive. Like boob shaped plate armor for instance, enjoy your crushed sternum ladies.

Also I converted with the rest of you. But without a fancy background which is kind of fitting being totally grey.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:27 pm

Uhmm. Ok people, rest easy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:38 pm

*cracks whip*

Back to the topic with you lot!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 pm

Quote :
why so many of those pictures I looked through trying to find an avatar had topless women.

We can only assume that's because male teenagers compose the majority of those artists' public. As an archer, I think boobs would be a major problem for shooting correctly. I mean, if even a bit more muscle in a man's arm usually gets in the way of the string, imagine what some volume in the chest would do? Perhaps those women used unorthodox positions for shooting (such as the sideways bow)?

I'm very curious to know which kinds of armor Joan of Arc used. History guys, care sharing your knowledge?

Hey, I'm on topic!

Last edited by Saeros on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 11:07 pm

Beware, some topic weird this way comes.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 am

Saeros wrote:
Quote :
why so many of those pictures I looked through trying to find an avatar had topless women.

We can only assume that's because male teenagers compose the majority of those artists' public. As an archer, I think boobs would be a major problem for shooting correctly. I mean, if even a bit more muscle in a man's arm usually gets in the way of the string, imagine what some volume in the chest would do? Perhaps those women used unorthodox positions for shooting (such as the sideways bow)?

I'm very curious to know which kinds of armor Joan of Arc used. History guys, care sharing your knowledge?

Hey, I'm on topic!

Joan of Arc? Nearly the same as anyone else.
First she would tie a cloth band around her breasts to compress them.
Then goes on the clothing.
Then the padded cloth.
Then you might reach the plate I think and by then the woman under the armor should have no chest visible.

Anyways that's the general idea of it. You have so many layers under the plate that it really flattens everything out.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 am

Quite ironic actually, had this very conversation with a female archer at a course I did last weekend. When it comes to women shooting bows, their elbows actually angle away from the body (unlike males which are straight), and this leads to the bow being held away from the chest, meaning women shoot vertically same as men.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aftermath Profile Pics   Aftermath Profile Pics - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aftermath Profile Pics
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3