Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC - Thread

Go down 
+5
Mordred
Centurion1
Daedr0th
Fidelity
Azlanek
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TheCrom
Initiate

OOC - Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:22 am

Tubbles - found an innkeeper that knows something and wants protection. Is it a good idea to bring him back to camp to do that? If not, I can leave two knights to protect him, but I'd rather have them free for more useful tasks.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:50 am

sure, i will pull some men from guard duty

considering asking iskar if he is missing a man. Don't want this to end horrendously.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:15 am

Tubby McChubbles wrote:
sure, i will pull some men from guard duty

considering asking iskar if he is missing a man. Don't want this to end horrendously.

Cheers. I'll leave a few men to look after him until you arrive.

Might be worth asking the ranger directly who he's working for... assuming your men haven't already. The idea of asking Iskar could be sensible, it just depends how much the ranger could tell him about our operations - eg were the people who captured him plainclothes, where were they and what were they doing, where has he been taken etc.

If we get compromised by what he could tell whoever he works for, he can't be released.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:32 am

I don't want anyone to know what my men are doing, and if I reach out to Iskar, if I ever hand the guy back, he finds out it was us. If I don't speak to Iskar, he doesn't find our plans, but he can probably use it against us. The only security we have in that case is the (honest) excuse that it was in the name of security.

I will wait a bit before my knights arrive, give RP a chance, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 pm

I need to get a meeting with the captain of the guard in private, is that possible?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 am

Sure, just include it in your orders, and tell me if you mean the captain of the castle or the city guards.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 4:16 am

Just to check, Azlanek, you did see my orders? It's been a while since an update on the murder Smile
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:22 am

Yeah, I saw them. Sorry for the delay. I was a little preoccupied with other things.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 am

No worries, I assumed that was the case! Take your time Wink
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 am

Ugh, the problem is, i'm getting the impression that nobody really knows anything useful, so my troops would be better used going after info themselves, but apart from that, I have no clue.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:57 am

Well, the Duke's men do not know much because the investigation has been handed over to the orders. If you want to let them do more investigation personally that is fine. It would be nice though if you could give the orders as soon as possible. I know I have currently no right to judge anybody's speed, but in order to continue with the action reports for the Silvermists, I need to know what you guys are up to.

I will try to update everything else tomorrow.

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm

whoops, completely forgot. will do it tonight
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:56 am

Right. The only real lead I seem to have is that group of people, but I have a feeling that's going to be another order.

8 knights will remain guarding the castle courtyard, and I will go with them too meet the captain of the guard, who I will see alone. On the way there, three men will pick up Crom's inkeeper and take him back to the camp, and stay with him. (5 remain guarding castle)

35K (crom took 5 of 40) are in various districts. These will be decided by armoured knights asking guards what districts are likelier to contain the assassins, based on any info they have. They will also ask any knights of other orders if they have any useful info, as I hope their troops will be more willing to let things go than their leaders. (I also hope they havent been told not to help us, although mine are not either)

All troops will travel between these districts, varying between inside and outside, using the same tactics as before, but not snatching too obviously. This time, anyone they grab for illegal behaviour is taken straight to the guards, to avoid us being arrested as well.
They will keep an eye out for these suspicious groups of people, and tail them if they can, using the methods I laid out earlier in the tread to make sure they aren't spotted.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:44 am

Guard
I will tell the captain of the guard that some of their prisoners are my men. I will explain that they were hunting for the conspirators, and that the man they grabbed was a criminal who was going to be turned over.

I understand that it could have potentially caused problems amongst the populace, but while I would ask him to keep it quiet and even keep the men until we leave if he wants, I do want them back, and am willing to take responsibility to shift blame to the gauntlet rather than have it cause problems in Laria.

Brackley
My character's opinions of the Noldor are mixed. This could be interesting...

My thoughts:
He may have another motive, IE: take quifgen's market or something.
Arming random peasants could be very bad.
I don't want to work against someone appointed by the king.
This could be a trap discussion.
He could be working with the assassins and be getting weapons.

A quick question: My character has been around veterans and warriors for a long time. Does this man look like he could stand up to torture (also tell the truth, not just crack and say anything)? Razz

I may continue the talk, I may just grab him. I have justification, as he is essentially talking about working against the Duke.

InnkeeperI will explain to the innkeeper that he is in danger and he asked for our protection. Also, if he is worried about people finding out he helped us, having knights around draws more attention than simply closing shop for the day. If we are inconspicuous, we are less able to respond to threats.
However, If he still refuses to come, we will pay him our estimate of his upkeep costs (not his lost profits) for the period that we hold him, after we are done. My idea is that after the murder is solved, he should be safe (and if not, frankly not our problem, it's his fault).
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:47 am

Let us try to make a few more steps, shall we? I will need new orders from you before this can continue. Or are there any open questions or obstacles I am unaware of?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm

OK, so while I would personally like to cause problems for the rangers here, I can't risk this guy being against the king, or revealing my treachery, so I will tell him that I need some time to consider his offer, and send a plainclothes knight to the rangers with an anonymous letter explaining what Brackley is doing, and who he is. My man will give the letter to a guard and leave, Iskar can draw his own conclusions, it's his city. Leave out the fact that he came to the gauntlet, just say he's "approaching orders"

My men will keep a look out for the street urchin, and if they see him, they will bring him to me, and I will ask him what he has been doing for the knight.

As we are the anti-noldor order, I will assume that we have contacts with dissidents in the city, so I will ask them about Brackley (if they know him, if he has been anti-noldor previously or just now, etc), and also try and find out if their leaders have any information about the assassins, or even rumours.

I may have to take over the murder investigation as well.

Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Can i help investigation in any way? My father was rich in and notable man, and while i dont have any more wealth, i still could browse trough my father connections, and i particulary remember one time, when my father hired an assassin, a shameful act indeed but then i didint question his trade politics.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Since your character turned his back on his father's trade to buy his gear, I don't think you would still have his written documents lying around in your backpack. If anything, one of your character's brothers would have them, and whether they are on good terms with your personal vendetta that certainly almost ruined the family business, would remain to be seen. Aside from that, you can of course help in the investigation. But as an introduction you and Tubby can just have a small talk in the Ebony Gauntlet's camp. Just to get you start. Of course, just if Tubby is not too busy at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:16 am

I will get around to posting orders, probably monday evening, I'm just busy at the moment.

Also, Zekic: talk about what you will do when you get to the house, rather than just say you are going. That way Azlanek has a better idea of what to make happen when you arrive, rather than needing another order.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:27 am

Sorry if i got something wrong

Just i think its for azlanek to decide if i learn something from urchins, or should i write the whole thing, and then azalnek comments on whether i got any info from urchins and continues what i am doing at house?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 8:01 am

ah, fair enough. Not sure in that case.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 pm

This set of orders is for if nothing goes wrong, which I assume it will, so can be interrupted at any point, and I will pick it up.

So I have 35 knights. Everyone returns to camp to rearm. (This might cause some delay in reaching the district, so I'm fine factoring that in, but I would like to do it in one turn.)

5 will remain in camp, with a rider and a runner in case anything happens while we are dealing with the riot.

The other 30 will leave their crossbows behind, and take shields, their normal weapons and a non-lethal weapon each, as well as full armour.

We will march to district 13, send 3 groups of 10 to seal off three roads that are as close together as possible, each group with a runner. I will command the centre group, and send two runners out, one to the Duke or his captain asking for direction, the other to the leader of the Griffins asking if he needs support. If the griffins are not involved in the riot, then the runner goes to Iskar and asks the same thing.

If there is any trouble at a road, a runner immediately goes to the other 2 groups and brings back 3 knights from each. If the entire riot comes down a road, then all 30 knights will go to that road.

If nothing happens for a while, then myself and one knight from each group (Total four incl. myself) will head down alleys towards where my men are guarding the prisoner. When we get there, the two plainclothes men will position him so that he will be able to free himself in a few minutes, but not quickly enough to follow us or see the armoured men. I am still assuming he doesn't know who captured him.

We will then return to the road, and split back up again.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 2:54 am

Sorry guys, I somehow totally missed the last few posts. I will get to them as soon as I can.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:32 pm

So you use 35 knights for the riot? Does that mean that the knights at the castle stay there, and that there are still knights supposed to help in the investigation? If you have the time, please give me a quick overview how many knights are supposed to do what currently.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am

I have 60 troops in Laria. As it stands, the troops guarding the duke and investigating the murder will remain on their duty. The assassins could be back!

I gave the investigation 9 knights and 3 retainers. The castle has 8 troops, I have 40 free men.

9K/3R investigation

8K castle duty

35K riot duty

5K watch camp.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Thread
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next