Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC - The EG Camp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fidelity
Knight

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:56 am

I was sleeping when one of my friends, Sir Bromr, shook me awake. It was not long before I had packed up and left for out camp, gathering a cohort of around 50 EG, then left to Laria. I could not let this stand, the Noldor would pay for this one...

~~~

I breathed the crisp morning air, it reminded me of the woods back in the Empire where I had grown up. Those had been good times, before the Noldor had started roaming, before I had joined the only life I knew as a soldier. I regretted it sometimes, but when you do what I do there is very little room in life for regret. A few hours later the tall walls of Laria eventually peeked out over the trees.

I walked for a little longer before coming onto a hill, where I raised my hand in a fist, signalling a stop. Turning to face the formation behind me, I pointed at the ground. "Set up camp here, the works. When I return, I expect a full camp awaiting me. We're in Noldor woods now, and I want no more of our brothers beings assassinated in the dark." My words reverberated among the tree-trunks. I thumped my chest with a clenched fist and turned to leave towards the town. "Thaddeus, come to the town when your ready. I have to go to the meeting in the court. After that, the thieves of Laria will have justice dealt out to them..."

Turning around, I took out my sword, lifting it to my eyes. The black blade did not even reflect the light shining onto it. I slid it back into the sheath. "A dark blade to kill dark men... Or tree-rats," I muttered to myself. I walked back to the road and set a hard pace to Laria.

Last edited by Fidelity (Mat Cauthan) on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 9:25 am

A Gauntlet messenger jogs into the camp, huffing from the run. "Mat wants everyone to continue working on the camp as much as possible. If you see ONE weakness or thing that could be improved, fix it to the best of your ability. He expects trouble, and if there is one way an honorable knight shouldn't die, it is through a slit throat. If there is one person who can see us through alive this shit-storm the Noldor created, its him. Hooah!" With that, he turns and begins to help the workforce in building, motioning for his replacement to go.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 am

Bromr rode into the camp, reigning in his horse. He was one of the few Gauntlets who rode horses, having been born into a noble family. Surveying the scene ahead of him, even he was surprised. The Gauntlets must have spent the entire time working, because the hill was a veritable fortress. A wooden palisade came first, guarded by four of the KotEG. It was backed by earthworks and every 2nd step was a dip for the Gauntlets to cover as they reloaded their crossbows. Next came the inner wall, a 10 foot tall surrounded backed by dirt and wooden braces. The second gate was guarded by four again, and inside this the tents were pitched around a central frame of a watch tower, which, the knights were toiling over.

He rode over to the commander who was watching the fortifications with a satisfied smile. "How many men does it take to man this" I asked him.

He looked up then said with pride. "Around 25 could hold an army off for a while. If all 50 were here, we could stop them in their tracks with ease."

"25 men. I want 10 of your largest men. Make them as intimidating as you possibly can, I'll be conduction some... Interrogation with the Silvers." He spat on the ground when he said this. "They wouldn't get anything out of anyone with this silver bags they call armor to wear."

The commander laughed at this, then looked around. "Take Mika, Torloth..."

~~~

Soon afterwords I was leaving the camp, backed by the most hulking people I had ever seen. If this group so much as jumped, the trees shivered.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:58 am

You found the city gates closed for the night. Torchlight illuminated the parapets and you could feel suspicious eyes watching you from the shadows and embrasures. Everything was quiet and nobody stepped forward to talk to you.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 am

(OOC: I am assuming they head back, then.)
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Bromr looked up at the walls. "Well, it seems we were locked out for the day... Aside from laying siege to Laria, it seems we aren't gonna get through. Damnit, the Silvermists are up to something here." He reigned his horse around, staring at the trees. "Fall in, we're heading back. Keep your eyes open."
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 11:36 pm

As Zekic arrives at the gates of the camp and announces himself, the duty officer jerks a thumb behind him. "You're expected" He states. "Get to the commander's tent, first on the left as you go in."
The gate swings open, and the crossbowmen on the palisade walls lower their weapons.
Just before the gate closes, the officer advises Zekic to hurry up. The commander is not in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 12:52 am

Zekic procceds towards commanders tent without hestitation, officer angerly glares at him and is about to shout at zekic, but zekic turns his head away, clearly ignoring officer.

Zekic enters the tent, and noticed a man, walking there circles, appearantly waiting.

"You called for me.... Commander?"
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 am

Nodding to zekic, Lucius motions at the map of the city spread infront of him.
"Welcome to Laria. No time to break you in gently, I have a riot to deal with." Pausing, Lucius strides to the tend flap and closes it, then returns to his desk.

"You will have heard about a Knight being murdered within the city walls. I tried to keep it quiet while investigating, but you can't hide something like that is this damn city. We don't have anywhere near as much information as I would like, but I'm going to task you to deal with the investigation."

Lucius hands Zekic a parchment, with a mass of writing on it.
"This is what we know so far. Sir Robert was staying at the 'Pious Pilgrim', but only went there to sleep. He spent the rest of the time out of his room, and people say he was dressed as a pilgrim, so you might want to check that out. His body was found north-east of the tavern, with a projectile in his throat. He was killed the same night of the attempt on the Duke, which could be related."

"I have another knight watching the house of a man named... Tassler, who might know something. Get to it."

Turning away, the knight remembers something. "If you come across any street urchins, find out if they know anything about the gauntlet, or someone giving them orders. There might be more than one of them being manipulated. If you do find one who knows something, send him to me with a guard."

Lucius returns to his map, preparing to move into the city.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 5:58 am

Zekic first stares at lucius,but he allready turned his sight away.How dares he to ignore Zekic Thunion so easely?!

"How dare.."

However zekic manages to control his emotions.

"Excuse me commander."

Then he leaves the tent , there is something more important then pride.. Noldor could be involved and such opportunity cannot be wasted.
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 am

Another figure entered the commanders tent, clad in a unique variation of the armour some of the elite knights of the gauntlet chose to wear. He wore ebony chainmail, with a heraldic tabard over the top, showing the sigil of the Ebony Gauntlet. Over this, he wore an ebony breastplate, which covered the gauntlet itself on the heraldry. His black plate boots thunked heavily on the ground as he walked up to Lucius, his helmet was an odd thing, a morion, from Mettenheim, and it left the mans face exposed as he looked at the knight. "Savan, retainer of the Ebony Gauntlet reporting for duty."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IC - The EG Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - The EG Camp   IC - The EG Camp Empty

Back to top Go down

IC - The EG Camp
Page 1 of 1