An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

OOC conversation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: OOC conversation   Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:32 am

Quote :
Sir Malificar pondered for a moment... but only a moment. he quickly ordered his men to start lighting torches. then, as loud as he could he yelled"WE WILL BURN THEM OUT MEN! IF THEY WONT SURRENDER, ASTREA WILL PURGE THEM! his men then threw torches up the trapdoor, and started hacking at the ceiling, and throwing torches into the wholes. fire soon began to take place, and the smoke started rising through the wholes in the rafters. Sir Malificar rushed out of the building with two knights and a squire, and ran around one side of the house, and sent the others to the other side. he left a knight and 2 squires guarding the front door. "WE WILL FLANK THEM MEN!"

This is a good example to show you how I think it should run:
  1. Where did you get the torches from? You were just charging the building, weapons drawn and having left your equipment with the horses.
  2. The wooden ceiling is still strong enough to carry several men (the archers in this case) and is surely too thick to hack holes into it.
  3. Buildings in the D'Shar style are made of stones or clay bricks. Only the wooden constructions like the ceiling would possibly burn, but as mentioned the beams are very thick and not easily set aflame.
I would prefer you just writing something like "Two squires rush out to the horses, one protecting them from arrows with his large shield while the other one quickly searches the saddlebags for torches and flint stone. Then we try to set the house afire." and let me decide whether it works or not.

To be honest, this could be a solution to get rid of the archers, though I myself had thought of a different way to get to them... nevermind.

EDIT: I see both of you have already posted their replies. Any feedback? I have never led an RPG before and I would like to know whether I shall carry on that way...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:52 pm

sorry about that. from what i read it looked like you said the roof was very flimsy, and i dont know how dshar buildings are made Razz i was assuming that because they are knights of the dawn, they carry fire starting devices everywhere. my apologies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:13 pm

No reason to say sorry at all. I do not want to be too strict and nit-picky either. If you want to keep your post I will accept that this time, note though, that things do not become easier when you burn all opponents on a mission to gain intelligence of the whereabouts of Emir Xerxes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am

How do you want to proceed with the other actions in which no player characters are involved? Will the new time units already be applied in any way?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 am

I haven't really made up my mind on that yet. If the RP gods don't decide on that matter soon, I will have to think of an interim solution myself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:33 am

Okay, just checking. I'll wait then and plan more mean things for the Silvermists Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: temp topic   Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:56 am

oh great...so we get absolutely nothing. because you know, one of the major knighthood orders in all of pendor are SO UNKNOWN.

//merged this with the OOC thread to keep the actions thread clear. ~ Iskar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:59 am

Singal plays by different rules than the rest of Pendor and in Singal terms your order is still a minor force.
It is your task here to change that but of course all beginnings are difficult.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:12 am

yeah but why would we give our enemies land. of all things, thats absurd. we should either enslave them or ship them back to veccavia, or kill them all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:16 am

That was a decision made by the king on the role play and nothing I can change here...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:51 am

sympathetic fool...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp84
Royal Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:57 am

Iskar wrote:
I haven't really made up my mind on that yet. If the RP gods don't decide on that matter soon, I will have to think of an interim solution myself.

You brought in as an Event Hoster for a good reason, so by all means roll with the idea you had in mind.

regards,

MP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Well, dowpride, concerning your last post:

In my humble opinion that was against role play rules. It's up to the game master/ event host to determine what you find in the tavern and even more to determine the reaction of those in it to your actions.
Who told you this tavern wasn't another trap? Who told you Emir Xerxes would not provide guards for his recruiters? Who told you the city watch would not intervene when you start killing arbitrary citizens in taverns?

I'm not being mean, that's just not how it goes. If you wish to continue that way you will have to face much, much harder counteractions, including heavier losses among your men and possibly even failing your mission.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp84
Royal Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 am

Iskar is correct everyone, in case anyone needs a friendly reminder:

Roleplay Guidelines:
http://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t83-roleplay-guidelines
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:57 am

Just a few thoughts on the City-Plot.

Iskar wrote:

2) At the moment getting hold of the disused residential building will take all the time the squires you set to it can afford. The steward has not responded so far and does not seem to be willing to condescend to talk to mere squires of a not too well known force of Singal's political and social life.

3) Recruiting the poor would result in much longer training times, as they, unlike the heretics, are mostly in no way acquainted to fighting. Say effectively 5 in three days or something the like. Additionally they would be not that devoted to your task due to being mere mercenaries after all.

4) Some of the merchants are disappointed at the behaviour of your knights who help them against petty bandits but do not put up resistance against any major groups of highwaymen.

2) Was meant to be a long term plan, simply a question if we could afford it. If you want to use UT it would probably be:

Building (Anything which boosts the speed of Upgrades or Training)
50 men, 1 TU (maybe x2 because of the size of the ambitious project)

3) For some that would hold true, no argument there, but I would not think it would be this way for all people recruited this way. If you are poor sod, already thinking about become a slave because it would improve your living conditions, someone who offers you a way out and new religion to adopt could very well become a saviour figure.

4)Maybe we should ask Mordred whether he can provide a little more info about the Singalians. Do all Singalian Slavers belong to the Singalian Military. What do they do in the city, how many men do they have and how do the merchants cope with that? I am simply not sure what to think of them at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:16 am

You can get hold of that derelict building, but for further assistance and permission to tear down the surrounding buildings you need the council's approval.

I did not say the poor would not want to join you, but it takes longer to make soldiers out of these people.

The Slavers in the city are not really linked to the military. The military is the force that ensures the council's interests outside the city walls but they also use their monopoly of power outside the walls to collect tolls from the trade routes around Singal "for safe passage". The Slavers however are rather a force of Singal's underworld who have some links to the merchants when it comes to business but are all in all to be considered criminals.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:17 am

my apologies, it wont happen again. i wasnt really sure what to do, to keep the post of length, and i never said i was there, i just said i was heading towards the keep. i was also writing as if it only took but a few seconds. im sorry, it wont happen again. its been a while since i have rped Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 am

Would you then perhaps be so kind as to change your last RP post to be more role play like?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:01 am

I would like the three questlines (Varys, Malificar, general orders) to proceed at roughly the same speed, yet at the moment only Varys is replying to his thread...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:13 am

I believe they may be in different timezones, so that might be why they don't reply as often, as some of my replies are in the early morning, or at this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:47 pm

Wouldn't the general order activities often consume much more time anyway? I mean like sending knights out to guard a caravan is an activity that take weeks before it is really finished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 am

Some of them, others - like talking to the chamberlain - will not. Anyway, Malificar's plot is a bit behind and I'd like him to catch up first. Otherwise Varys will have played through two RP weeks before Malificar has reached day four...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:10 am

sorry i have been really busy, and havent had much time to post, and have not really had any thoughts on how to approach the situation. i will comment by sunday at latest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:27 am

Ser Varys wrote:
(OOC: Am I correct in thinking the salt water will preserve them? Correct me if I am wrong, please.))

It will prevent them from rotting (if it's salty enough), but they will soak up the water and be swollen like the bodies of drowned men if you wait too long. Anyway, you do not have to care too much about burial rites. I won't be too strict here as it is really only a nice roleplay addition and nothing relevant for your progress in district 13.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:48 am

I have talked to Morded. As far as he is concerned both our pure and heretic operations will run under one resource pool, simply because he has more than enough to keep track off. But he would prefer it if we kept both pools seperated for our Rp. So we now have to come up with a system for how to divide our ressources into Eventide and Heretic. Since our heretic operation is not yet that big of a deal for the city, I would suggest that most of the ressources we get are available to the Order of the Eventide. The heretics are only starting to become a power that would generate ressources, so I guess their ressources would be mostly what we get through raising our influence level.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC conversation   

Back to top Go down

OOC conversation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next