Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rinca's Valley

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 pm

The Knights arrived at the valley weary, but with spirited minds. Riches lay ahead of them, waiting to be taken, and the men knew it.

The valley was thickly packed with trees. The heart of the valley was a dark cove of very old trees, and there only led only one small path, so small that the knights must advance in a single column. Yet, there were lamps lit to guide the way - obviously by Rinca.

Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:20 am

Colm surveys the valley and his eyes set upon the inner ring of trees. He mutters to himself,

"I hate trees dammit."

He turns to Sir Geoff and says,

"You twenty will be building a camp we don't know how long we will be here and I would prefer to be safe 24/7. You know the rules, fortify it all to hell, use the tents in your rucks clear some of these smaller trees for palisades."

"Hooah, Grandmaster."

He then turns to Sir Hugo,

"You along with 30 men will be accompanying me into the Woods."

"Make sure the men in the rear are watching to our rear and everyone is not simply looking straight ahead. If we are ambushed I will have that mans head on a platter."

The Harlequin strides off into the woods his men, ever vigilant, close behind.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:36 am

Harlequin and his men step deeper into the woods. The deeper they go, however, the more lanterns they see. The road is lit by these lanterns, and you can see the dark forest around you listening closely. Finally, the Harlequin spots a house on a small hill. The house was lighted and looked very happy in contrast to the forest. It's a stone house, medium size, with a sign on the front gate: "The Master Forge."

When the knights approach the door, they suddenly hear steps. Before the knights could react, the door is opened, revealing an old man with a smiling face. He smiles warmly to the newcomers.

"Welcome, sir Knights, I have awaited you. Please come in, there are food and drinks that my servants prepared for you. I also have to talk to you about the order - I think i have them ready."

The man invites them in his house. When they step in, they notice it much larger than it seems. It was full of colours, and it had a big stone table at the centre of everything with lots of food and drinks.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:39 am

The Harlequin Looks pointedly at a few of his squad leaders. Two squads (20 men) remained outside and pulled out their rations. The other ten men accompanied the Harlequin into the house and sat down at the table.

They sit and wait to eat as it is the hosts right and duty to eat of the food first.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:28 pm

The old, smiling man carefully holds an olive, and then eats it joyfully.

"Now, please eat my dear knights! Soon we will rejoice the gifts I have readied for you! May they kill more noldor than ever!"

He sipped from his wine goblet, and proceeded to eat some bread and butter.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:28 pm

The Harlequin sits with the old man and eats of his bread and salt thereby completing the ancient right of host and guest and placing himself under the protection of the elderly fellow,

"Tell me little grandfather what precisely you are talking about as well as who you are?"
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:35 pm

The old man smiles again.

"Well, that is a long story.. let me start with my name. I am Rinca, the noldor-hater. I presume you are the Radiant Cross I invited to my home?"
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

The Harlequin stands. He bows to the older man and says,

"Little grandfather I fear not. We are the Ebony Gauntlets. If it was the Radiant cross you wanted her and not us we will gladly depart immediately with apologies all around. We are the greatest noldor haters in all of the realm however.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:26 am

The old man raised his eyebrows, smiling still, and then continued:

"But that is a good thing! Those Radiant Cross always had a problem with my hate towards noldor. They stripped me of everything I had, they should've just killed me.. but now I am here, still alive... and I have some of their secrets regarding blacksmithing. I can create wonderous weapons and armour."

Then the two began talking about the reasons for the old man's hate, about the weapons and armour he had crafted, and the more he spoke the more unbelievable it sounded like.

"...But it is all true, lads, it is all true."

Rinca finally ended his story, and the food and drink was now mostly consumed too.

"Now... we both hate the noldor. I would gladly help you to.. deal with them." An evil grimace rose to his face for a very short time, but he quickly put a smile on his face again.

"These items are of the finest quality... I could show some of them to you and perhaps to your most trusted knights."
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 2:35 am

The Harlequin rises with an intrigued look upon his face,

"Of course little grandfather you and your tales intrigue me."

He turns to his men,

"Sir Hugo, Sir Geoff!", he barks out.

"You shall accompany me to see something this fine gentleman has produced."

The Harlequin turns back to Rinca and moves towards him, flanked by his men.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 4:15 am

The man grins, and says:

"Please don't call me a little grandfather, sir Knight, I can still fight."

He leads the two men downstairs to the chambers. He leads them through several passages and halls, but the knights don't seem to remember any of those places when they think of them. It was like they were walking two roads at a same time, which made the men feel sick and confused.

Finally they arrived at a door, which Rinca opened with a rusty key. The room inside it was large, filled with forges, materials, weapons and armour. Rinca leads them to the closest set of armour and weapons, describing them:

Rinca put gauntlets on before doing anything, stating it would be for hygienity reasons.
"These are my latest innovations... first, you see this full platemail.. I have discovered a strange metal which can only be found in the mines here. This platemail hides many surprises, and it can take enormous hits. It will even negate blunts. Same goes for the helmet, gloves and boots. The shield here - it's the finest in the world. A full metal shield, which is still very light. And this weapon..." He takes a large, perfect-looking morningstar which was placed next to the armour. "This beauty here is the very best morningstar ever made. It's spikes will pierce all helmets, all armour, and it will kill everyone with a single blow.."

The man grinned. The grin was again very evil, but for only a short while.

"I... hmm.. hope that you would use them to kill those pesky noldor. Do you have any questions regarding these items? They are still all unfinished, I only need to do one finishing touch to make them totally perfect, I presume they should be ready tomorrow.."
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:20 am

OOC: Little grandfather is a term of respect for the elderly.

The Harlequin stares around for a moment before snapping his attention back to the old man,

"The real question is, Rinca, what do you want for all of this. And why are you showing it to us?"

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:55 pm

OOC: I didn't know that Embarassed

Rinca looks dumbfounded.

"Why would I want to help you? Dear knight, I wish to help you! I don't have much time left in this world.. I feel that i must do one last good deed before I die."

But then he turns his attention to the exquisite armour and weapons.

"These will be ready tomorrow. I think that you should leave now - tomorrow morning, sir knights, tomorrow morning."
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:22 am

Okay, Little Grandfather.

The Harlequin turns and leaves with his men. They reach their fortified camp and the Harlequin thinks long and hard about who and what this strange old man was.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:12 am

The next morning, when the sun was still down, Rinca walked up the hill carrying the exquisite armour and the exquisite morningstar. He smiled like always, but in his mind he laughed. He was laughing inside, so that he simply couldn't stop smiling. When reached the camp, he cooled his mind, and proceeded to the gates.

"Sir Knight, I am here to deliver the promised goods! Please, let me in."
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:34 am

The Guards call to the Harlequin and he exits his tent fully armed and armored. He along with four other men carry food. They open the gates and exit rather than letting rinca in. They bring food and a small trestle table and they all sit down to eat.

"Hello little Grandfather."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:04 am

Rinca smiled his odd smile.

"I am here only to bring you these..."

He puts the morningstar on the table along with the exquisite armour.

"They are of extraordinary quality... they both pack a good punch, trust me, all my weapons and armour have worked so far..."

All the time smiling... but thinking hard. "I hope this grandmaster decides to pick them... oh, how will I enjoy this... best target since those cultists..."
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:07 am

The Harlequin grins though it is more of a grimace.

"You put them on little grandfather."

His men place their hands on the hilts of their weapons ready to enforce their gm's request.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:09 am

Rinca smiles, and slowly puts the armour on. When all the armour was on, including gauntlets, he said:

"Could I request that one of you would hit this armour as hard as you can?"

He smiled warmly.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:23 am

The Harlequin draws his bastard sword and strikes him in his shoulder. The blow would strike him in two and the Harlequin's blade is made of the finest mettenheim steel.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm

You hear the slightest cling, when the blade bounces back from the armour leaving no sightable dent in the armour. Rinca touches the place where the blade made it's impact, and said:

"I didn't feel anything. There is no dent in the armour, nor is there a bruise in my skin."

He didn't smile, but now he looked almost worried.

"Perhaps, as I can see the honourable grandmaster already has good armour, I should give these exquisite items to someone else in your Order?"
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:35 pm

The Harlequin looks deeply at the old man,

"What are you not telling my men and I little grandfather......."

"Speak the truth to me now."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:43 pm

He again looks dumbfounded.

"Anything that I have not told you? If you wish to know more about this armour or how I made it, I can of course tell you. The only thing that I'm worried about is that my tongue is "locked" when I try to speak of the noldor secrets. It seems that when I try to talk about them, my tongue speaks of something totally different... like speaking two things at a same time, which is very confusing to me..."

He smiled to Harlequin, and continued:

"If you wish to know of what material this armour is made of, I can tell you that: It is three-times tempered steel, and the morningstar is from the same material too. This is why they are so exquisite: no-one has ever been able to get such materials before."

He smiled lightly, the type of a smile which you will only see when someone is fond of their skills.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:16 pm

"Rather little grandfather I would like to know more about you."

What is your game, your angle here?"
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Rinca looks even more dumbfounded.

"Shall I tell you my life-story from children to this old man I am now?"

He shook his head.

"My story is the same as yours, just a few chapters onwards. Once the Noldor took me as a slave. They killed my family and my friends, but they took me... eight years I was there before I could escape, and I grew great hatred towards them. You may wonder why I stayed there so long... well, only because of that I managed to gain knowledge of some of their secrets. You see, I was a blacksmith's little helper when I was their slave. Since I escaped, I have practised the ways of a blacksmith, and now I am the best in Pendor."

He grew a bit angrier.

"Perhaps you don't want these items? It is not my problem, sir Knights. If so, I will leave at once."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rinca's Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rinca's Valley   Rinca's Valley Empty

Back to top Go down

Rinca's Valley
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Ethos (Gauntlets)-
Jump to: