Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide

Go down 
+4
SimplePlan96
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Azlanek
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide Empty
PostSubject: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:15 am

I looked through the ingame rumours a little while ago and asked Mordred about a few of these. He was so kind to verify a few of these.

Knights of the Dawn:

[...]he heard from a drunken fishmonger that one should never take Astraea's name in vain. If they hear of it, the Order of Dawn will abduct your son as penance, putting him to work in their stables. Worst of all, the boy will end up as fanatical as his masters. → Was/is practised this way by the Dawn

[...]he heard a potato farmer say that his son was beheaded by a Knight of Dawn for failing to bow before the Order's grandmaster, Dalon Valchance. → Also true, so the Dawn's last Grandmaster was Dalon Valchance. Maybe Aranor wants to include this in his story.

Knights of the Eventide:

[...]he heard from a wounded swordsman that he once worked for the Knights of Eventide, but when he saw their leader Kadrin drinking blood on the battlefield, he slipped away and never returned. Now, whenever he hears a bat squeak, he fears his life is about to end. → My charismatic predecessor. Maybe I will write about him in the near future.

[…]he said the scholar, Martin Stryker, wrote in 'Justice or Injustice, a story of the Rising Sun' that Sir Godfroi was burned for heretical research into Erida Occisor. He also noted that Godfroi's death caused the Order to split into the factions of Dawn and Eventide. → So we do know the actual reason why the Dawn and Eventide split.

[...]he said that the real reason the Knights of Eventide left the Order of Dawn was that vow of Chastity. Don't blame them either! → While it is not true that this was the reason why the Knights of the Eventide left, it is true that the Dawn knights take a vow of Chastity, while the Eventide does not.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 am

When I came into Power, I took away the vow of chastity. Mordred says its ok for me and my knights to spawn more overlords.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:43 am

It's a good thing I only have to build pylons. Laughing

Can you just revoke a vow like that? I would think a vow is something serious, and you take it for the rest of your life.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:46 am

Not revoke, just not make it mandatory for my knights to follow. Some poor saps believe it necessary to show their complete and utter devotion to Astrea. The vow is made to the grandmaster of the order, and since I am grandmaster, I release them from their oaths.
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:17 am

what is chastity?

EDIT: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<okay nevermind.

Last edited by SimplePlan96 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:22 am

Would fanatics not rather vow something in the name of their Goddess?
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:23 am

SimplePlan96 wrote:
what is chastity?

chastity basicaly means no sex
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:33 am

Im letting you guys know something that i probably shouldn't. This is top secret legion info right here. When you join the legion you have to take of vow of badassery.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:35 am

Which is quickly desecrated by multiple members of the legion, am I right? Wink

All jokes aside, I see Aranor. Same question as Azlanek.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 am

my men take vows of chastity obedience and poverty
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:06 am

Good. LOL
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:32 pm

Azlanek wrote:
my 2cents: yes there are some who believe that a vow chastity would bring you closer to Asterea, there are some knights who believe that a union of marriage has no bearing on your dedication to justice, but is rather measured by deed and the character of a person's "heart". It's a personal thing, and while it was traditional to take such a vow, the knighthood is changing very quickly with progressive reform and such.
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:35 pm

MordKaiser87 wrote:
Azlanek wrote:
my 2cents: yes there are some who believe that a vow chastity would bring you closer to Asterea, there are some knights who believe that a union of marriage has no bearing on your dedication to justice, but is rather measured by deed and the character of a person's "heart". It's a personal thing, and while it was traditional to take such a vow, the knighthood is changing very quickly with progressive reform and such.

Altough some children will never see their fathers due to an unfortunate accident in the Dawn Laughing
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:55 pm

@SimplePlan: Heh, yeah huh. Well I can tell you that Varis sees more sin in the fratricide of "knight brother" than he does in a consensual union of love.
"Be anyone who raises a sinful blade to my brother, they will find the sword of a judicator waiting for them instead."
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:54 pm

MordKaiser87 wrote:
@SimplePlan: Heh, yeah huh. Well I can tell you that Varis sees more sin in the fratricide of "knight brother" than he does in a consensual union of love.
"Be anyone who raises a sinful blade to my brother, they will find the sword of a judicator waiting for them instead."

"Point it to the eventides Very Happy"
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 am

Just for everyone's information. The Eventide still only accepts recruits of noble decent, although they have adapted to allow sons of D'shar chieftains and the like, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by Azlanek on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:14 am

Dawn accepts only those who can prove their true and absolute devotion to Astrea, noble or peasant.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 am

And you see why the Dawn have fractured Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 am

The Dawn knows how to show devotion, every knight does, what we disagreed about is how to uphold Astrea's mandate of upholding justice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide   A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide Empty

Back to top Go down

A few true rumours about the Dawn and the Eventide
Page 1 of 1