Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)

Go down 
+24
Isabel Tenorio
Tubby McChubbles
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
MitchyMatt
Centurion1
Saeros
DiabloDude
Pravenstern
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Wolfarmin
dowpride
Azlanek
Ser Varys
Daedr0th
Curanthir
Slopsen
SimplePlan96
Lokloklok
Knight Silaric
Kamos
Psychozoa
Mordred
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:54 am

dowpride wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
The only reason there is any issues between our orders is because you completely skipped the hexes between Singal and Highpass and instantly went for the areas next to Highpass. This makes it seem that you've got your eyes on taking it from us, so naturally we would respond.

you have the kings court and most of central sarleon, without a doubt the richest of cities. you have no NEED for high pass or any of its surrounding areas. and yet you tell us not only that we dont care about the people and insult us? we who have always tried to root out injustice while you raid villages or sit on pillows doing nothing? you have no reason for d'shar lands, and have no claim to them!
Neither do you really. None of the orders have any claim to the lands other than through manifest destiny. We haven't even insulted you, you just jumped to that conclusion. And we don't raid villages (that's Windriders) and we don't sit on pillows (they're for sleeping).
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:55 am

Pravenstern wrote:
dowpride wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
The only reason there is any issues between our orders is because you completely skipped the hexes between Singal and Highpass and instantly went for the areas next to Highpass. This makes it seem that you've got your eyes on taking it from us, so naturally we would respond.

you have the kings court and most of central sarleon, without a doubt the richest of cities. you have no NEED for high pass or any of its surrounding areas. and yet you tell us not only that we dont care about the people and insult us? we who have always tried to root out injustice while you raid villages or sit on pillows doing nothing? you have no reason for d'shar lands, and have no claim to them!
Neither do you really. None of the orders have any claim to the lands other than through manifest destiny. We haven't even insulted you, you just jumped to that conclusion. And we don't raid villages (that's Windriders) and we don't sit on pillows (they're for sleeping).
name one good thing your order has done for the people on their own iniative
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:57 am

As a heads up, I believe it was Marleons or Avendor that was the richest city in Sarleon lands, with Singal being by far the most wealthy out of any.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:58 am

dowpride wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
dowpride wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:

name one good thing your order has done for the people on their own iniative
Our order sacrificed itself to save the people in Sarleon countryside from a Jatu army. Official lore. And why do you take everything as a personal insult?
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:00 am

Could the bickering be taken to the PMs if you wish to continue it? The thread's getting derailed here.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:01 am

i take it as in insult as you said my order does not care for the people or the lands, which is very much the opposite. also, thanks for the heads up diablo, though from what i always read it was avendor that was the richest.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:04 am

Indeed, guys. Don't overdo it. This is an ooc thread. Your characters would most likely not even know about most of this stuff and even if they did, this would not be the place to rp with it.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:06 am

Not bickering, just geopolitical clarification:

Quote :
I believe it was Marleons or Avendor that was the richest city in Sarleon lands

Laria is the richest Pendorian city.

Now carry on, gentlemen!
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:06 am

dowpride wrote:
i take it as in insult as you said my order does not care for the people or the lands, which is very much the opposite. also, thanks for the heads up diablo, though from what i always read it was avendor that was the richest.
Please, could you give me the quote where I actually say that?

Edit. I always thought Ethos was the richest city in Pendor. Guess you always learn something new...

Last edited by Pravenstern on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:09 am

I can't tell if you're saying that because you own Laria (Joking, in other words).

I think in-game the richest city is always Avendor. While in the roleplay the richest city is Singal.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:12 am

Pravenstern wrote:
dowpride wrote:
"You are not of D'shar origin, you don't care anything about D'shar":diablodude, your grandmaster. by association, you said it. if thats the case then why do the merchants always say avendor makes the most...
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:14 am

I'm playing PoP now and have recently captured Laria. There it says it's the "richest of 17 and poorest of 0", or something like that. I suppose it may change with each game's variables, but that's what's there.

I can printscreen it for the board if you want, although an official position of the GMs in regard to the kingdoms economy would be easier and more canonical.

Also: which other city would have citizens rich enough to buy Noldor goods? Smile

Last edited by saerossaeros on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:15 am

yeah, from devs would be better because i always here avendor.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:18 am

dowpride wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
dowpride wrote:
"You are not of D'shar origin, you don't care anything about D'shar":diablodude, your grandmaster. by association, you said it. if thats the case then why do the merchants always say avendor makes the most...
Ah, sorry, I thought you claimed that I said that, my apologies. Although one shouldn't decide what other people think. You may have people in your order that actually care a lot for the D'shar people and you may have people who don't give a damn about them. Just like in our order, knights have differing opinions on some things. But I think we should stop before king Mordred banishes us.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 am

ha ha, yeah that would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:20 am

The implications of that sentence meant the D'shar above other people. Not that you don't care for them (or anyone) in the slightest bit.

Now, since this is all cleared up, let's stop this.

According to Mordred, Sarleon and Ravenstern are tied for the second wealthiest city. With Singal being the wealthiest.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 am

DiabloDude wrote:
The implications of that sentence meant the D'shar above other people. Not that you don't care for them (or anyone) in the slightest bit.

Now, since this is all cleared up, let's stop this.

According to Mordred, Sarleon and Ravenstern are tied for the second wealthiest city. With Singal being the wealthiest.
Ravenstern is second despite the siege...
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:38 am

If you want the stats. These are pure base income (note this is affected by the size as well as location of the town, plus any castles present). Buildings not included.

1. Singal
2. Sarleon / Ravenstern
3. Torbah
4. Janos / Ethos
5. Valonbray / Avendor
6. Laria
7. Ishkomman
8. Poinsbruk
9. Javiksholm
10. Windholm / Nal tar / Senderfall / Marleons / Cez

And the top 5 richest cities including upgrades and upkeep are;

1. Singal
2. Ravenstern
3. Ethos
4. Sarleon
5. Avendor
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:48 am

I hatw to say it but i think the eventide should get nal tar, they are suited to desert warfare and can fight off the bandits and ensure stability. But i dont think that the two orders should fight over it or one order's knights threatening others.
We are all on the same team guys. The kingdom comes first before ourselves. Unless the move is threatening your survival that is.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:52 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
I hatw to say it but i think the eventide should get nal tar, they are suited to desert warfare and can fight off the bandits and ensure stability. But i dont think that the two orders should fight over it or one order's knights threatening others.
We are all on the same team guys. The kingdom comes first before ourselves. Unless the move is threatening your survival that is.
Nal Tar has moved to desert?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:56 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Sir Aranor wrote:
we know the people better. it would also be nice if your master stopped saying we didnt care for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:03 am

dowpride wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Sir Aranor wrote:
we know the people better. it would also be nice if your master stopped saying we didnt care for anyone.
He did.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:16 am

Friends and brothers! Welcome to politics!
Frustrating isn't it?

It's simple. Highpass is very isolated and a very important location for the Griffons, King Mordred got his start there after all. We simply seek to fortify our position there so Highpass can't be picked off with ease. Something that's difficult when Eventide wants the area to. This isn't spite or greed and it's all pretty logical.
We haven't taken any desert lands.

Quote :

And I fail to see how our grandmaster said you didn't care for anyone. Perhaps you misinterpreted?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:17 am

yeah i did, my apologies.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 am

Ah excellent to settle that minor issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next