An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

District 1: Actions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 am

Celdiur frowned.

"If you so wish it then you may see to the prisoners. I however will have no part in this...interrogation. I am no Inquisitor, nor do I intend to become one. Lest I then become no better than the self righteous dogs of the Dawn"

He turned to Dhez'ral.

"Whilst Sevar is busy, I intend still to take to the podium. I am not afraid of this Octavius, nor should the people of this District fear him any more now that his forces have been severly weakened. They shall know of the Eventide's actions in the sewers, they shall know that we will no longer allow the unjust to go unpunished. And should Octavius send assassins, then I will send him a clear message in return when they hang from the gallows as sport for the crows"

Celdiur made ready to leave before finally adding,

"Im not stupid though. I may have the protection of the Goddess, though the blades Alain and our faithful squires would make me far more at ease. I go now to find find them before I set about my task"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Varys turned to Celduir and said, "See that you post watches on the rooftops around the podium. Send the best marksmen we have. I would not want to lose you to this scum."

He then turned around and headed with Haruch and Rocorad to the chapterhouse, where he could attend the interrogation.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 am

Celdiur took his leave from the the Captain's home and saught out Alain, still waiting nearby wiping blood from his armour.

"Alain, I realise that you are still weary from battle but I must ask for your aid again. If you will, return to the Chapter House and gather up the finest of our marksmen that you can find. Knights, squires, perhaps even our Ghilmen will suffice. Once you have them, order them to take up positions on the rooftops around the podium in the market square. Once that is done, come and join me upon the podium whilst I deliver my message"

Orders delivered to Alain, it was now time for the faithful squires.

"Sibrand, Jubair, Cicero, you will take up position on front of the podium, to act as guards whilst I carry out my work. Everyone else, don cloaks and disperse yourselves among the crowd when it begins to form. Maintain your vigilance at all times. If you see anything suspicious, you have my permission to act upon it in whatever way you see fit"

With that Celdiur made his way to the podium with his squires to await the return of Alain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:50 pm

When the people saw Celdiur and his men approach the podium, a crowd began to gather around it, eager to know what would happen now. A murmur went through the crowd when they heard Celdiur's speech about the battle in the sewers and the evil schemes of Octavius Palatina.

When Celdiur was finished, Father Illacus, who seemed to be generally accepted as spokesman, asked:

But what shall we do now? Now, that we know there is a dangerous criminal amongst us, maybe even standing just beside some of us?

Meanwhile at the chapter house, the last conscious captive gave a cry: Oh, stop it, I will tell you, I will tell you.

Varys came closer:
Do talk, I will listen... he said with a malicious smile.

About twenty minutes later the man had explained to Haruch the location of the meeting place in the sewers below the district before finally falling unconscious and they were ready to move out again.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:51 am

Varys quickly turned to Rocorad and said, "We have very little time. Go at once to Celduir and tell him what we have found out. I will take some knights and Haruch down into the sewers to this meeting place. "

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 am

Celdiur pondered upon that for a moment. Half the population of Singal is a criminal, im sure their used to it by now...

"Now, Father, we all remain vigilant. The warning has been delivered. Yes, they may be worried that there is a dangerous criminal amongst them, but they now also know that he is a wounded animal, slowly but surely being backed into a corner. Besides which..."

He moved closer towards Illacus to speak in a lower tone.

"I want Octavius to know me as his enemy aswell. To make myself a target. To bring the scum to me, if he has the balls. Once he has been drawn from the shadows, we will strike the killing blow".

Upon parting this information to Illacus, an urgent report arrived in the form of Rocorad, concerning the interogation. Fetching Alain, the three made there way to reinforce Varys, leaving the others behind to continue their on search for their foe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:27 am

While Celdiur and his men, led by Rocorad, hurried off, Varys group had already reached said point in the sewers below the district. It turned out to be a place where the tunnel widened into a small vault. A roughly timbered table and two stools stood at one end and behind them iron treads led up into the darkness that their torchlights did not reach from the ground.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 am

Varys said, "Two of you knights will act as look outs and guard this entrance. Make sure to not be seen. Await the arrival of Celduir."

He then turned to Haruch and said, "Would you care to lead us forward?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:40 am

The treads led up the wall and ended at a trapdoor, that did not yield immediately. It was either locked or blocked by heavy objects standing on it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 am

Varys whispered to Haruch, "We cannot wait. Let us breach the trap door. Any ideas?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:24 am

Haruch looked to Varys, then to the group of heavily armoured knights with fearsome maces accompanying them.

Brute force? he said, shrugging.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 am

"Let us hope there is no one right beside the door. Knights, you know what to do."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:33 am

One hit with a spiked mace later the trap door splintered and gave way into a cellar room, which seemed to be empty. Two doors led out of it, both closed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Varys said, "Split up. Haruch, you go with half of my knights. I'll lead the rest. Knock the doors down on my go. 3, 2, 1, go!"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:47 pm

With a loud crack both doors broke from their hinges. While Haruch and two knights stumbled into a room with stairs leading upwards, Varys and the three remaining knights found themselves in a small room a part of which was separated by and iron grid door. Just in front of them, at a small table, some empty bottles lying underneath the stool, sat a dizzy man in dark leather armour. Woken by the noise he sleepily looked around, mumbling.

What .. wait ... who?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:36 am

Varys pulled the man up and smashed him against the wall. He pulled out a dagger and pushed the point underneath his chin. He motioned at his knights to get ready to breach the door.

"Unless you want your death to be horrible and painfully slow, I suggest you tell us where Octavius and Ghalvas are. And if I think you're lying..." Vary pressed the knife slowly into the man's chin, letting loose a small trail of blood.

A knight came in and told Varys what they had found in the other room.

Varys said, "Let Haruch lead you up, and stay quiet. We are looking for a priest, any other target, just act upon your own judgement."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:04 am

The man gasped and motioned his head to the iron grid door.

Ghal...vas, he cawed, then looked down at his pocket and added: Keys.

While Varys kept the man up against the wall a knight got the key out of the pocket and opened the door. Inside the small dungeon they found a man in cleric robes, tied to the wall by iron shackles. He had several bruises and fell to the floor when they untied him.

Water, he groaned.

When they had given Ghalvas something to drink and placed the drunken guard in his place, they made their way up the stairs to meet Haruch and the other knights. A knight was carrying Ghalvas for he had falledn unconscious soon after. At the end of the stairs was a small corridor, obviously in an ordinary house, most likely still in the district. When they entered the others just came down another stairway from the upper storey. One of the knights approached Varys and handed him a bunch of paper.

We found these on a desk upstairs, he said.

Most of the documents were barely interesting. Some sketches for sermons or speeches, lists of wares, etc. But also notes about the scheduling of the city watch patrols and a map of the district with several locations encircled. Finally there was a bill from a goldsmith from another district of the city, addressed to "The honourable father Illacus", in which the smith demanded the payment of 200 denari in gold for making a "two-faced signet ring". The bill was scratched out, the words "dealt with" scribbled underneath.

Meanwhile Celdiur and his men made their way through the sewers, nearing the small vault.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:19 am

Varys read the note again with disbelief. "Astraea be damned! That lying bastard Illacus. I will personally torture him for days."

He quickly looked up and said, "We do not have much time. I have to go capture Illacus before anything happens. Hopefully Celduir didn't tell him anything of any importance. Quickly, send one knight and Ghalvas back to the two men I had guarding the entrance. Give Ghalvas to Celduir, and tell him do not leave the sewers yet. Keep two knights inside the house, in case Illacus comes back. Take him alive if he does. Hide and wait, and attack ANYONE that enters. I do not care who if it is the captain himself. I will take Haruch and one Knight with me to 'speak' to Illacus. I suppose he is still at the podium. Do not give away anything while we move. When I say 'Father, I need to ask you for enlightenment', you will attack and restrain him. If we are clear, we will start to move immediately."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:27 am

When they tried to leave the building via the front door, they found it locked and barred from the other side. Looking around the windows on the ground floor turned out to be firmly barred, too.

Do you smell that? Rocorad asked. It smells of smoke!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:39 am

Varys clenched his teeth. "Dammit! Everyone, hurry back to the entrance of the vault."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:55 am

They quickly fled back to the sewers while the fire started to spread across the house above them. When they united forces again with the knights in the sewers and were still waiting for Celdiur suddenly quick steps were heard approaching their position and moments later around ten men in dark leather armor, swords drawn and some of them with crossbows ready to fire, rushed into the vault from the left tunnel.

You thought you outwit Octavius? You fools will die here, said their leader.

Meanwhile Celdiur and his men approached the vault. When drawing nearer they could hear the voice of a man. Silently they came nearer. Watching from the shadows of the right tunnel exit Celdiur saw the others being surrounded by men in dark leather armour.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:30 am

Varys feigned surprise. Discreetly applying poison to his daggers, he asked, "May I know what your name is before we die?"

He also quickly glanced at the leader's hand, looking for a signet ring.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:20 am

Celdiur made ready to charge, however upon hearing Varys' words he signalled for his party to wait within the safety of the shadows, poised to strike. Varys may have provided a brief moment of distraction, but Celdiur was not willing to risk his friends life by remaining inactive. As silently as possible he drew his mace and whispered a silent prayer unto himself.

"Astraea guide my hand"

With all his might he hurled his mace at the nearest of his opponents before drawing his blade and charging forth with his companions, shield braced for missile fire, hoping that the brief moment of surprise he caused may have given Varys time to make his move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:40 am

With a nasty sound of breaking bone the mace dug its way into the head of one of the men, instantly killing him. Their enemies were completely confused by this turn of events and Celdiurs men slaughtered the crossbowmen before they could even train their crossbows on the newly emerging opponents. Meanwhile Varys's dagger stroke true. The gang leader went down, giving a final death rattle as the poison spread through his body. Attacked frome two sides now the remaining marauders went down quickly under the blows of swords and maces.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 am

Varys went and pulled his dagger out of the dead leader. He talked to Celduir as he checked the hands of the men, looking for a golden signet ring.

"Thank Astraea for your intervention. If not for your timely arrival, we may have been met with death. However, time is of the essence, and we cannot spend time speaking of what may have happened."

Varys quickly explained what he had found out, and pointed out Ghalvas among the men. He then continued searching the bodies for a ring.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   

Back to top Go down

District 1: Actions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next