An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Arena: Actions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:41 am

He found the arena closed due to the uncommon events. He would have to do with the prize money of 30 denars the arena master had handed him after the fight unless he wanted to attract further attention.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Malificar spat on the ground"Damn. so much for getting the goods. Nazriv, for the next few hours, we will be going around to various taverns trying to figure out more about this individual. is there anything you or your cousins can tell me about him?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:35 am

I've never seen him before, Nazriv had to admit, but then again, there are so many gang leaders of the Reds and just as many underchiefs of the slavers that one can never know them all.

They were walking to the next tavern through Singal's darkening alleys. With what little information Malificar had about the man it was seemingly impossible to find someone who knew him - or those that knew him kept that knowledge to themselves. Turning around another corner they nearly bumped into some men that immediately jumped backwards. Malificar heard the klicking noises of two crossbows being readied even before he could take in the whole situation. Only then did he realise that the man he had nearly run into was the very man he had been looking for. Fat as ever and smiling lightly, his crossbow thugs some steps behind him, he said:

Now whom have we got here? Imagine, I have been looking for you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Malificar scowled "why would you be looking for me? Also, the next time you want me to throw a fight, make sure the man i am facing is of stable health. i kept expecting the bastard to jump up and swing at me!" (OOC what do nazriv's cousins have?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 am

The man shook his head and feigned a sad smile. When I met him just before the fight he was all well and healthy, I assure you. He must have caught a ... sudden illness in the arena, I fear. His smile became devious. But you did not and now I'm a fighter short. I might have an interesting offer for you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:59 am

Malificar smiledwell do tell, good sir. you have gotten my full attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:45 am

It is very simple, the man said smiling his usual stone-carved smile. You fight for me. I can get you access to the better arenas but for that we divide up the prize money half-half. From what I've seen, you will not disappoint me, I think.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Malificar nodded If i must split the prize money 50/50, are there any other advantages our partnership can bring? perhaps access to an apothecary, or better equipment?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:22 am

I shall see what some of my friends can arrange in that regard, the fat man said as his thugs lowered their crossbows on a wave of his hand, but access to the better arenas is a valuable asset by itself you will see. Anyway, I will expect you in front of the arena in the north of the river island tomorrow at noon.

With that he and his thugs vanished back into the night.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 am

Malificar grins and turns to NazrivWell my friend, it seems that our troubles are at an end. sorry for causing you the trouble of bringing your cousins. let us return to the inn and drink to our good fortune! Malificar will return to the inn to have some drinks and food, then will sleep untill morning, wherein he will go to where the man directed him to meet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:47 am

On the morrow Malificar met with the fat man, whose name turned out to be Shirkaz Fashbadeh. It was the start of his career in Singal's more renowned arenas. After a few fights Shirkaz provided him with some better equipment: A simple Byrnie, plated leather greaves, a simple helmet, a solid shield and a fine long sword.

Fight by fight Malificar gained renown among the gladiators and the audience as well as prize money for himself. Then, one day Shirkaz approached him with a broad, content smile.

Fjalmurn has grown interested in you, he said, and demands a fight in the great arena in three days. Fjalmurn has never lost a fight so far, so best you don't loose, for I intent the bets to make me so rich I can retire - or gain even more money, he added with a typical Singalian smile that spoke of greed and ... well, greed.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:15 am

Malificar smiled excitedlyTell me, what kind of fighter is this man? what is he equipped with? i must know everything if i am to come up with a plan to fight this monster!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:36 am

Shirkaz furrowed his brow, thinking.

I seem to remember, he said, that he prefers a two handed axe, but he is quite a good fighter people say and able to use a lot of different weapons. I personally only care for the money, so you best visit one of the taverns to find answers for your questions. As far as I remember most of the gladiators and fighters of the great arena's tend to visit "The Broken Buckler" near the main arena. I should think that you would find sufficient information there.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:52 am

Malificar nodded in thanks."Then to this tavern is exactly where i shall go!" With this, Malificar turned on his heel and headed towards the mentioned tavern. when he was there, he would buy a few drinks for people, socialize a bit, then start asking questions. He would focus his line of inquiry on what fighting style he used, what his physical build was, and what his temperament was. Here is to hoping i dont just waste a bunch of money...[i]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:44 am

He found the tavern moderately full of people, most of them looking like gladiators and pit fighters, displaying scars and bruises on their faces, some old, some new. Buying some rounds of ale quickly earned him extended stories on Fjalmurn.

The man was big and tall, although more bigbellied than he had been at the start of his career, and favoured a two handed axe in combat, although he had been seen with a shield and battle axe, too. Some claimed he had once killed an adversary with a throwing axe right at the beginning of a match. In general the man seemed to like axes very much and his fighting style was according to that and his heavy built, relying more on strength than speed.

An old fighter who was well past his best days mentioned that Fjalmurn used to drink a large horn of ale before each fight to get in the right fighting mood and that he had decapitated several opponents already in a frenzy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Arena: Actions   

Back to top Go down

The Arena: Actions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5