Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sir Tantius: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:27 am

I'm sorry, my friend. This is does not seem familiar in any way. After all I'm only an alchemist, not a historian or a symbologist or whatever or... but wait, I think I have seen it once when researching something in our guild's library. I think there was a book with this sign on the front, though I'm not completely sure. You had best ask our librarian at the guild hall.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Kendric leaves Gerbazdah's house and heads off towards the Alchemist's Guild hall in district 5...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:13 am

Upon seeing Gerbazadeh's recommendation the guild's porter led Kendric through a suite of rooms, most of them filled with alchemical apparatus and containers for all kinds of rare and expensive ingredients. Finally they reached a highceiled room that smelled intensively of paper and wood. The walls were paved with book shelves and a circumferential gallery at half height made the higher shelves accessible. The guild's librarian was a tall scrawny man with a nose as sharp as his eyes.

What can I do for you? he asked politely.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 am

I'm looking for information on 'DeepJuice'...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 am

Well, let me see. That is a very ... exotic request, if I might put it that way, but I think we had one or two books mentioning it... The problem is, it would take me quite some time to find out which books that were, if I had to read through all of them, to find out the right ones. Don't you have any clues as to what specific books you are looking for? A name, the author, anything else?
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 9:28 am

Sir Kendric pulls out the drawing from the sewer stone and hands it to the man...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:21 am

Hmm, at least that is something to start with, I think I have seen that once when...he turned away, mumbling to himself and starting to search the bookshelves. Finally he returned to Kendric with an old tome that bore the symbol on cover and spine.

These are the memoirs of Ikandras the Mad, he said while handing the book to Kendric, an alchemist who lived about 200 hundred years ago. He got his surname because of the strange stories he told I think. Anyway, do be careful with it. I'll be around if you have any further questions. If you now excuse me...

He walked away to his office, leaving Kendric with the book, who went to a near table and started to read through it.

Some passages had become unreadable, others dealt with alchemical issues over pages or discussed the pros and cons of different types of alembics, calcinators and retorts. Kendric had almost given up finding something of use when his eyes met the word 'deepjuice'. It was the heading of a hardly readable chapter towards the end of the book. Highly concentrated Kendric tried to decipher the almost faded letters and words. Using common sense he managed to get the picture of what was described on the first few pages of the chapter. Apparently Ikandras had found an old text about a substance called 'deepjuice' and a strangely shaped amulet among the wares of a junk dealer and had started to investigate about it. He had ventured into the sewers of Singal in search of samples of the fungi. After finding some smaller samples in the sewers and analysing their properties he had devised a new experiment for which he needed a lot more fungi. Again he went down into the sewers, but was not able to find enough, so he tried to go deeper, but was eventually stopped by walls of solid stone whenever he followed tunnels leading downwards. However, as he said, he was able to remove this obstacle with the help of his amulet. Venturing deeper and deeper after that he in fact found more and more of the fungi. He noted that the deeper he went, the more of the fungi would populate the walls and floors of the tunnels. At this point the text became increasingly obscure and Kendric found it hard to give any meaning to Ikandras's words. Parts of the sentences had completely faded and only some words were left. There was something about a danger, houses, a prison. The words blood and ritual appeared several times, as well as people he called 'deepwellers' and an escape. The rest of the book was filled with incoherent warnings of 'danger from the deep', nightmarish visions of the destruction of Singal and elegiac praises of the different uses of deepjuice fungi. Finally Ikandras seemed to have fallen prey to complete paranoia, mistrusting everyone, especially the city watch and the council, saying they wanted to mute him, prevent him from saying the truth. The last page said: "Today I am going to test the narcotising effect of deepjuice with a higher dose."
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:23 pm

Satisfied that he could decifer no more from the tome, he went to the office of the librarian "Have you remembered any thing else, sir?"[i]He asked the gentalman...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 am

The librarian looked up from his papers, obviously a little confused.

Pardon me, remembered what? ... Ah ... you were the one inquiring about deepjuice. Have you found the information you sought?
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 5:02 pm

Thank you for your time, sir. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of Siraya Mefasnu's where abouts?...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:31 am

Siraya Mefasnu? The historian? She seldom leaves her house, I understand. I suppose Master Gerbazadeh told you about her, as she's an old friend of his. Hasn't he told you where to find her house? ... Well, if not, I'll tell you.

He explained the way to Kendric and then turned his attention back to his papers.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:07 am

Not realizing how much time had passed, Kendric decided to stop at a Tavern along the way for a bite to eat and a mug of ale...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:44 am

While eating he recalled what Gerbazadeh had told him about Siraya Mefasnu and then departed for her house.
It was located in district 6 and had seen better times in the past. The three storey building had once been a rather stately one, but now the whitewash was spalling and some windows were just boarded up. Kendric knocked at the door, but nothing happened. After some time he knocked again, but still everything remained silent.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:53 am

While he awaited a reply, Kendric studied his surroundings hoping to find a sign of life or death. Something just didn't feel right...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:20 pm

He noted the house to be situated in a rather quiet area. Many of the houses seemed to have similar stories like Siraya Mefasnu's one. Once home to wealthy merchants this part of the district was now a bit downtrodden. A few people populated the street, but most of them were just heading elsewhere, most likely towards the busy market place in the better off part of the district. Still there was nothing to be heard from the inside. He'd have to make a decision.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 am

With his pick set ready in case the door was locked, he approached the door again...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 7:42 am

The door turned out to be locked by a small bar on the inside, but there was a narrow gap between the door and the frame and with the help of his instruments Sir Kendric was able to lift it. He gave the door a slight push and it creaked open, revealing a scarcely lit corridor behind it.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:02 am

Without pause, Kendric entered the house silently closing the door behind him. He turned as he slide the bar into place, locking the door. Then equiped a Knife and headed slowly down the corridor towards the dim light.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 am

The corridor had two doors to either side, all of which were closed. The dim lighting came from what Kendric thought to be a narrow stairway at the end of the corridor. With the door closed now the corridor was even darker and in the dim light Kendric's vision was restricted. As he slowly headed onwards he suddenly felt something push against his foremost foot. It turned out to be a tripwire.
Back to top Go down
Tantius
Peasant
Tantius

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 7:42 am

Tantius entered the chapter house. Ordered by Grandmaster Azlanek to continue Sir Kendric's work, he proceeded into his room, where he was told that he will find all the information and data that Sir Kendric has collected during the course of his operation.

He found some papers detailing his small venture into the sewers of Singal and the slightly tattered bit of parchment with the charcoal-drawn sigil on it; his minute meeting with the alchemist Zakariya Gerbazadeh, his findings in the library, the momentary visit to Siraya Mefasnu's house, and something about a tripwire.

He decided to go to District Six, and continue Kendric's mission.

[OOC: Considering you've said that he wrote a detailed account on his findings, I took the liberty and wrote it myself.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/NihilisticRust
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:50 pm

He arrived at Siraya Mefasnu's house, which lay seemingly deserted just as Sir Kendric had reported it.
Back to top Go down
Tantius
Peasant
Tantius

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 am

He looked at his surroundings and examined them. He then approached the door and knocked on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/NihilisticRust
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 9:20 pm

As it had already happened to Kendric, the house remained silent and seemingly deserted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sir Tantius: Actions
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2