Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

whats your voice?

Go down 
+15
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Psychozoa
Lokloklok
Tubby McChubbles
Iskar
Pravenstern
Mordred
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Daedr0th
Saeros
Slopsen
MordKaiser87
DiabloDude
SimplePlan96
ScholarOfTea
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:31 pm

If yer character had a voice, what would you imagine it sounds like?

For me, I've decided my characters voice sounds most like one of the voices you hear in a Fierdsvain tavern that says something along the lines of "I was born with a plate in my eye. Aye."
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:45 pm

ScholarOfTea wrote:
If yer character had a voice, what would you imagine it sounds like?

For me, I've decided my characters voice sounds most like one of the voices you hear in a Fierdsvain tavern that says something along the lines of "I was born with a plate in my eye. Aye."

mine is kinda like yours, as my character is from Fierdsvain. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Smile Aye? Aye! *cheers*
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Why, none other than the voice of Tom Waits in the Black Rider

No, seriously, I'd rather not say. I'd rather have everyone imagine their own voice for a character.
Back to top Go down
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Good lord man that was scary. What was that? affraid
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

I believe it's from a musical.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Jeremy Irons awesomeness

I'd like to think that Varis could be something like Jeremy Irons. SIILEENCE!! But each person has their own voice as DD said.
btw, one of my fav movie scenes. Followed up a couple arguments with me and my buddies going, "GOD WILLS IT!" to support our point. Razz
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:33 pm

On a more serious note (And apologies, because this post is almost completely irrelevant to the thread) Tom Waits is one of the greatest musical artists I know of. This song, Martha, illustrates that a bit better.

Same guy singing.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Not a super fan of Tom Waits (as I'm sure you DD and others do a better job) but I really enjoy his music. Actually when my ex ripped my effing guts out one night, the songs Alice, Blue Valentine and All the World is Green carried me until my homies made it to my place. Shows the strength of his music alone.
Personally, circumstance aside, I list Gun Street Girl and 16 Shells... as my favorites.
Back to top Go down
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 pm

OMG bounce pleeeeeeeeeaaaaazzzzzeeee tell me what that movie is, it looks dope as hell! with the "psylaaaaanccce"
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Merzinas is Australian, non-negociable

Its kingdom of heavon
Back to top Go down
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh! I love australia! and their accents Smile

and btw, Kingdom of Heaven, I am so gonna buy that and watch that. it's totally my kind of movie. I used to watch movies like this but for chinese and japanese historical things, but now I'm gonna watch this and if you knew me at all you'd know that if this were to be put in a mod for warband I'd join the muslim side Wink especially after watching this video about salahuddin... like, this made me a fan of salahuddin I love you and it's funny, I used to see people wearing turbans and that whole culture as something foreign to me, but as I got into it and researched it I found myself understanding it much more. Like, you guys realize, the muslim side in that movie, is Asian? Their religion has alot of asian influences as well, and in turn we could use the knowledge of those past events to approach the future with less conflict and confrontation.

But anyways, this video of sullahuddin, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Wip4Ioeu44&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Some historians argue that renaissance would not have happened without the Arabic culture. The Arabs were in turn heavily influenced by China and India.

In our first classical Greek class, the professor tells us that several graeco-roman works, being burnt and banned by the church in Europe, were saved only because the Arabs translated and stored them. This includes Roman medicine and science books, such as the Galenic corpus.

Thinking that any culture is what it is by its own might is a mere nationalistic illusion.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Yes the arabic world had a rennaissonce in the 12th century, had their own Leonardo Da'Vinci to, i cant recall his name though.

Where are you from Scholar?
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Being a New Zealander, I cannot stand Australian accents.

My character speaks like Temuera Morrison.

Here's a video of his voice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeyhvfSDWRY
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Go shag a sheep, untill ur beeched ezz bro
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 pm

you have more sheep to people ratio than we do.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

Wrong way round, its more sheep here, more ratio there.

Also everyone knows that "New Zealands next top model" is just a Marino auction!
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Btw to anyone who doesnt get it Australia and New Zealand are like USA and canada
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Grow up, Merino is extremely comfortable.

Last edited by Daedr0th on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:50 pm

Hmm this got me thinking...maybe I'm gonna create a char based on a Tongan kid. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:55 pm

lol is summer hieghts high in america?
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 pm

It says HBO here stateside, but I got the intro from a kiwi gamerbuddy of mine.
Back to top Go down
ScholarOfTea
Knight
ScholarOfTea

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:28 pm

this has developed into an interesting conversation indeed...

I'm from Los Angeles, amongst the blunt smoking black people with lowriders and muscle cars ranging from normandie to playboy hood Suspect wait.... I'm getting too personal xD I see a diverse array of people here though, as it is quite a melting pot of culture, so I welcome both the Aussie and the Kiwi to this topic Razz Plus, my mother's side is from Canada, which has granted me dual-citizenship, which is a great feeling, officially being amongst the global commonwealth, it's always been a plan of mine to eventually move to Canada, if anything in case the US goes down the shitter.

And why is no one sharing my love for Salahuddin? silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

whats your voice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: whats your voice?   whats your voice? Empty

Back to top Go down

whats your voice?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next