An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

A successful popular revolution in the US is highly unlikely, considering the means of social engineering and mass control they have at their disposal.

Tea, let me clarify the weird part of my post: the definitive definition for "individual", "human", "freedom", "life", "living" and so on tends to become increasingly difficult with the emerging technologies. Did you know that applied ethics conferences have at least one, but usually two people talking about "armed military robots", especially in the way they can dodge the current rules of war"? And that there is at least one major European research group actively engaged in geoengineering? And that there is a British scientist that questions the man-machine boundary by implating *working* hardware in himself - even is his spine?

My point was that the gap these loose definitions already create on the law will become big enough to justifiy amendments in countries's constitutions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AxeMaster
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:41 pm

It doesn't matter what they write on paper. Politicians mean nothing. Wasted Media. Our government, in most ways is a joke. Mr. Obama has just about sank the ship of freedom by causing Massive debts. The National Debt has risen over 9 trillion dollars since he took office. Time for change? Right.

On a side note, Before Americans fall in line with the Worlds system, they will have to remove 1 or many Firearms From Each Individual Home.
We still have the right to own a gun. pirat

So remember, what they write on paper means nothing if you can attach it to a target and shoot holes in it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Centurion1 wrote:
Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
Yeah.. and I have friends in the states, and they DO talk about it. They also say that every day in the newspapers there's like "orange day" "green day" "red day" which means a different state of danger, "now you can use the subway safely" etc.

There's going to be a revolution

Also, why is it not out from your freedom that they can arrest, torture, interrogate, or assassinate you - and it'd be legal?

"Go to work, send your kids to school"

"Follow fashion"

"Walk on the ravement, watch T.V"

"Save for your old age"

"Obey the law"

"Repeat after me: I am free"

In this case you sound incredibly ignorant and so do your friends. It is called a terrorist threat level...... the chances of an attack on american soil. so for example on holidays it tends to be elevated or like the anniversary of 9/11 or the day after bin laden was killed, etc. Nearly every competent country on earth has something similar.

And if you don't want to be controlled Norway is an absolutely horrendous choice as is any Scandinavian nation. America for better or for worse is incredibly free and unregulated compared to other countries oon everything except like drugs.

Centurion, don't trust what they say to you. It's not true. Norway has heck a lot more freedom than the States, and what they say to you is irrelevant, becuase if you do what they say without caring is it good or bad, eventually they're going to use you as their tool. Tha's what they have done for the last 40 years;

Also, I believe that Obama is a doll president. Starting from Reagan, actually, there's been a long line of doll presidents who have been elected by using the mass media and propaganda. Only time when it failed was with Bush, and even then they cheated and had Bush win the elections. Well, it is without proof so It's just "I think so" talk.

And yeah, agreed with all the rest of you too.

Also do you really think terrorists are going to attack the States? With that security? Hell, the terrorist are driven underground, all U.S airports are protected by hundreds of guards and detection machines, and you still think one teleport to the streets and kill you all? Seriously, I even doubt that the WTC strikes really were made by REAL terrorists - it could've just as well been an attempt to gain more money. You see, Bush owned that construction company that rebuilded all the crap. He got paid a heck lot of money.

Also, did you know that Bin Laden and Bush were business partners, even seen as friends in the media?

Hey, I actually suggest that you watch this document: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0It0oQp4KVg

It tells you heck a lot of real information of what has happened.

Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:35 am

Okay guys, let me settle this discussion and we can close the topic.

The US still have a lot of freedom. Freedom of information is still very important and very rare in the world. Citizens have enough land and resources to live a good life if they are clever. You are far away from the world's tension spots, like the middle east and korean peninsula. And you pretty much own everything west from Ukraine. So before the US degenerates into a Mozambique or Iran, it will take a lot of time. It is still a good place to live (but Norway is better Very Happy).

Just for curiosity: this happened to me at the security control in an German airport.
Police: all passengers to SP, come with me quickly, your plane must depart now.
Me: wait! I still have a lot of metal in my backpack. And then there's the laptop and my wallet and my watch. Here, look.
Police: no no no, just come here quickly.
And that's how I got to the plane without having my stuff checked.

Another story:
Some months ago a terrorist tried to plant a bomb in Frankfurt's busiest train station. First, he lost his pendrive with instructions (in Arab), which was found and delivered to the police. Second, he burnt himself with the chemicals when he was building it and went to the hospital, where he was interrogated and then fled of the country due to having raised suspicion.

Moral: Human stupidity can either save or doom us. Safety measures are powerless against human folly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 am

Hmm.

Hark the piercing cry of the soothsayer,
heralding the doom of nations,
or the tinkling of money into his tin

Skepticism is preferable in these accounts, and i must agree, America's rampant gun problems are a sure fire safegaurd against tyranny. I would still trust it greatly, not over Australia though. What ever the outcome of this bill is, a dictatorship isnt one of them. But what is happenning is the slow shift of nations as the world changes.

We as human biengs stand on the precipice of our existance. Right here and now our actions will dictate the future for another mellenium quite possibly. We live in the transitionary period between the age of Discovery and the fast approaching age of understanding. If we can master ourselves now, and master our petty disputes and wars with eachother, defeat our greed and vanity, then we will have saved future generations from sinking back into the quagmire of human misery that has pervuaded to this day. However, just as easily can we slip back into tyranny and oppression. Slip into another Dark Age.

Some say that time works in cycles, does anyone else see the pattern? Rise of Rome, unbelieveable understanding and discovery ushered in. But the system was flawed and civil war destroyed everything it had made, and the dark ages of human ignorance and misery returned. Now slowly the western world is hitting that same position as Rome did, with America now. On our pathetic, weedy politicians it seems this great hope of change has been heaped. If so i fear for our future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:17 am

But there was no "dark age" before Rome. There were Carthaginians, Persians, Egyptians, etc. who also had just as flourishing, actually a lot more flourishing culture than the romans ever were.

Aldric of Marleons
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:19 am

If anything, humanity always shows that when tyranny comes down on them, sooner or later, they will rebel, and in most cases they will win. It's cause there are so much more people of the poor and middle class then the rich, which is why in most cases, we will win. So if the bill does come to pass, and the government does enforce and abuses it, a revolution is coming. That's why THE MAN will never have complete control over us. And we have a lot of rednecks in this country, so the government can just eat their bullets, if they pass the bill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:25 am

Lol, you made it almost sound hilarious. Imagine thousands of angry rednecks with shotguns in their hands, shooting at the government house.

Although if the army doesn't join that revolution it might come bloody.

AxeMaster
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:55 am

We in America, do a lot of importing from China and others, mainly China. Most of the rednecks I know are equipped with Uzi's AR-15's and AK-47's.

Also, the Inner City Dwellers, let's not forget them, have an even bigger arsnel.

This reminds me of the Command n Conquer game where you could arm the angry mob...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lokloklok
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:12 am

AxeMaster wrote:
We in America, do a lot of importing from China and others, mainly China. Most of the rednecks I know are equipped with Uzi's AR-15's and AK-47's.

Also, the Inner City Dwellers, let's not forget them, have an even bigger arsnel.

This reminds me of the Command n Conquer game where you could arm the angry mob...

Yeah, we go out of the city every year to some land some friends own and shoot off fireworks. The redneck that owns the land next to our friends shoots off his Ak because the sounds are masked by the fireworks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aldric of Marleons
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:50 am

Oh yeah, thousands of rednecks are gonna come down to the Capital hard since if they end the Bill of Rights, it also ends the right to have a firearm. So if the Senate wants their guns, they're only gonna get bullets.

The army would mostly likely join the revolution since the army makes up of poor and middle class citizen and it will affect them and their families. Of course, there is a possibility the government could make some kind of deal with them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:57 am

Honestly guys, calm down. The US is not a middle eastern dictatorship and a country that has been a stable democracy since 1776 is not easily turned into an autocratic regime. Talking of 'them' doing this and 'them' doing that isn't really helping. Stick to proven facts and well reputed news agencies. Anyway, if you're still feeling uneasy over there across the atlantic, you can always come to join us here in Europe. We only have the problem that we're going bankrupt at the moment... geek

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lokloklok
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:03 am

Iskar wrote:
. Stick to proven facts and well reputed news agencies.
Although it has been blown out of propportion, the well reputed news agencies in America wouldn't dare telling us about this stuff. They would rather stick to fearmongering and what hats celebrities are wearing than real hard journalism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:06 am

Then read european newspapers. Many of them regularly deal with US domestic policy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lokloklok
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:07 am

I may have to do that, any suggestions for english speaking ones that i could get online? Ive heard BBC is good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:17 am

BBC is what I use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:18 am

nothing on bbc about it.
sky news is generally OK, but I only really use the beeb. It takes an annoyingly left-wing bias on most things, and tends to run anti-government stuff or designs its headlines to get hits. (Despite the fact that the BBC is supposed to be absolutely impartial.)

It does tend to get the basis of most global stories, so it is good for info, if not perspective.

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

"Manny! Manny to the rescue!"
-The war cry of Baron Walter de Masny

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:31 am

I open newspapers from 7-8 different countries and then compare the main news. The press of one's own country often omits important information: I only knew that my city's Stock Exchange was evacuated due to a bomb threat after reading in a foreign paper, not the German one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:41 pm

I like BBC, even though they annoyingly took the government side during the London riots Neutral

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:48 pm

Have to disagree with you on that one Aranor. As much as I hate the media I believe they took the right side in that particular incident. Admittedly the riots were started due to police carelessness and the death of an innocent man, but the vast majority of those that took part in the riots were nothing but scum, the dregs of society, gangs of troublemakers and hooligans who used the death of that man in an attempt to justify their unjust actions. For once the media was on the right side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:55 pm

On the most part you are right, but I saw one interview where they were interviewing a man who was telling the reporter that his son and him were constantly being frisked and searched (invasive I might add) and he said that it was because they were foreign. He was an accomplished writer (can't remember his name) and when he was speaking the reporter kept trying to make him look ignorant, so did the anchors on the show. He said something about the cops brutalizing people in the streets and the reporters kept trying to discredit him, then later cut him off as he was continuing and switched to something else.

Thats the reason for my comment on the BBC.

PostSubject: Re: Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S   

Back to top Go down

Say goodbye to freedom, citizens of U.S
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2