Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Camp of the Dawn (IC)

Go down 
+8
Wolfarmin
MordKaiser87
Slopsen
DiabloDude
Daedr0th
SimplePlan96
Sir Aranor
Azlanek
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

The Camp of the Dawn (IC) Empty
PostSubject: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 6:56 am

The humble village of kulum has in its days never been more vibrant with life. With each passing hour and more men arrive and white tents spring up around the barns and farms like mushrooms. Soon they cover more space than the town itself. Masses of white-coated knights and squires are everywhere, training, praying and talking. A big, makeshift fence forms a vast enclosure for the horses that are even more numerous than the knights themselves.

At the centre of town, a big, glittering white tent has been erected, almost as big as a house. The banners of the dawn flatter proudly in the wind. This is the command tent, where the leaders of both faction meet to discuss the problems at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:21 am

Inside the tent is a large table, borrowed from the village elder. On it is a map of the surrounding areas detailing red dawn movements recorded by the scouts sent out on patrols, and detailing the major geographical features of the land, such as the lakes, forests, mountains, and small hamlets and villages. On the table is also another map, a map of Javiksholm, the power base of the red dawn.

Around the table were a number of chairs, enough for all the dawn commanders and the new dawn commanders

Aranor and Fabien were inside, going over the plans for the siege that they planned to present to Sir Rodrick

Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:18 pm

When the Dawn force arrived, and set up the tent, Blaze and his forces moved their tent slightly further away from Kulum, to avoid confrontations with the Loyalist Dawn. Every night, everyone could here the laughter and celebration from Blaze and his forces camp, as they toasted to Astraea with mugs of ale, and barrels of ale disappearing fast. The battle with the Red Dawn is arriving, and Blaze and his forces prayed to Astraea that they will reach the enemy first. Blaze had not merge his forces with the Dawn/New Dawn forces yet, and had no intention to, so far.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Aranor and Fabien were alone in the tent.

Fabien whispers to Sir Aranor so no one outside can hear,
"What in the bloody hell is going on with Blaze? He and his troops are just sitting in their tent all day getting drunk off of the ale not only we brought, but the villages stash. Does he have the gold to pay for this? Or will he make this Rodrick's problem or ours?
That... 'man'... insults... me.. He is not fit to even join the battle in this state, what was he thinking before we arrived? He was probably going to storm the walls drunk with those 'berzerkers' of his. He hasn't even joined up with our forces, or Rodrick's. He is a wild card. I am against even sending him into battle, he will probably find someway to get all his men killed and whine to us to replace his berserkers like he did after Veccavia."

Sir Aranor looks at Fabien,
"Blaze is a...capable member of our order, he is a good warrior, that's all. He's not a tactician or a leader, but he's a warrior, he is a worthy battle-brother, and he fights for what he believes in."

Fabien sighed
"Yea, fighting for what you believe in is why we are here. Plus, fighting for what he believed in almost got him to throw his life away, and made him abandon you. He left you, turned his back on his superior, he left the order when we needed him. And he took his entire rabble of back-wards Fierdsvain drunkards he probably found crawling the inns of Valonbray."

Sir Aranor spoke in a stern voice *not loud enough for others to hear*
"The Berzerkers are a respectable unit, I fought with them at Veccavia in the streets, they are not drunkards, they are commoners born with the hearts of nobles, and I would charge into battle with them any day. But his betrayal disappointed me greatly. I just hope that with the death of Roland that Rodrick is capable of not only keeping the New Dawn together, but keeping Blaze under control. But this is the last time we will speak of him."
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 pm

Thaddeus walks into the command tent clad in full plate and his helmet opened, he holds bread in his right hand and a bent spoon in the other. He asks "What's new?" before stuffing his face full of bread, leaving crumbs everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Sir Aranor smiles and welcomes Thaddeus

"Please don't get any crumbs on the map Thaddeus, but what's new is that we are sending you with Laralthir into the city before the invasion."
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 11:13 pm

Thaddeus finishes his mouthful of bread and asks

"Who's Laralthingymabob?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:00 am

Aranor hands him a napkin

"Laralthir is one of our newer knights, he used to be a merc commander, not many know that he joined us, and hes well known for a merc captain. He will lead you and a portion of the KOTEG to the gates of Javiksholm disguised. Let him do the talking. We were originally going to send the Berserkers with Blaze, but we then decided against that, since they are Fierds and well-known across this region. They also are not capable of standing toe-to-toe with the Red Dawn knights, and we've received word that there may be some guarding the gate. Your knights also have ranged capabilities, which everyone knows that the dawn don't have, thus increasing your infiltration chances."

Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 11:59 pm

Blaze surveyed his forces of 160 men. He allowed his men to drink ale, to heighten their morale, which had been low for the days waiting for the forces of the Dawn to arrive, and even lower once they arrive. There were no confrontations between the loyal Dawn and Blaze's forces so far, Blaze had been thankful for that. Blaze knew that his force would be looked down by the Loyalist Dawn, all because of Blaze's actions, so he decided to lift the spirits of his men. He also knew that he probably won't be given any credit even if he and his men decimates many of the Red Dawn. Blaze did not care. He opened his camp for planning with other commanders the next day, sending messengers to both Sir Roderick, Sir Aranor, and every other of the Circle or Radiant Light and also Thaddeus, the Ebony Gauntlet commander.

There was another reason why Blaze had been anxious to siege the Red Dawn and kill them all, one that had not been known to any other than his Berzerker-Knights, even his forces ( except for his Berzerker-Knights) did not know of it.

The reason is, one of the Berzerkers, Neal, had joined the Red Dawn.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:31 am

Aranor and Fabien enter Blaze's command tent.

"Well Blaze, you needed something?"
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 am

From the east, a cloud of dust becomes visible , growing steadily. Eventually, shapes can be seen within, drawing ever closer. It was a large group of riders, well over a hundred strong. However, they rode slowly, obviously not at full gallop. Three of the forward most riders held standards. The largest, most obvious of which was that of King Mordred, a golden griffon on blue background. On either side of it, were the banners of two knighthood orders. One, the Order of the Griffon, the king's sworn men. The other, the Order of the Dragon. It was obvious, even at a distance that Griffons made up most of the group.

As they drew closer, the reason for their slow ride was apparent. There was a large number of dismounted men as well, roughly equaling the number of mounted knights. The group came within 100 yards of the camp before stopping, after which one rider rode forth to be met by Dawn knights. It was clear by the way he spoke that he was in command of the small army.

The man was middle aged, with a full beard that was just beginning to turn white around the edges. Even on his horse he seemed rather small, although "small" was a relative term when covered from steel from head to toe. Notably, one of his legs dangled uselessly over the side of his horse. When the Dawn knights who rode to meet him were well within earshot he spoke.

"I am Knight Commander Renault of the Order of the Griffon. I would speak with Sir Aranor of the Order of the Dawn, commander of this siege! I have word from Sir Darlion of Pendor, my Grandmaster!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:43 am

A knight rushes into Blaze's tent and tells Aranor the situation

Sir Aranor takes off his helmet and hands it to Fabien.

Sir Aranor strides outside and sees the crowd of knights, he strides towards them.

Dawn knights all over the village start coming over, leaving their duties to see this meeting.

By the time Sir Aranor gets to Renault, almost 200 men are behind him, all anxious to see the crown's reaction to the situation.

"Hello Commander Renault, It is I, Sir Aranor of the Dawn. My knight told me you wish to speak to me, I trust that your motives for coming hear are peaceful, correct?"

Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 10:56 am

The knight scanned over the gathering of men, a hint of something resembling amusement in his eyes. However, he did not laugh, instead he took in their numbers and organisation with the eyes of a trained military man. Finally, after some moments, he spoke.

"You are.. Perhaps even more correct than you suspect. I lead a force of both Griffon and Dragon knights in the stead of Sir Darlion, Grandmaster Aranor."

He spoke with the formal respect that one of the Dawn's own knights might address their Grandmaster with. The sign of a man who knew his rank well.

"I regret to inform you that as this is an internal matter of the Dawn, we will not be joining forces to help you in this siege. We are here as observers. If it so happens that we find this conflict puts King Mordred's subjects in grave danger, we will intervene to restore the king's peace. For now, we remain neutral in this affair, but will stay close and watch how it unfolds. My Grandmaster wishes you success however, and a quick end to this... affair."

He did not ride off then, instead giving Aranor a chance to reply in turn. Behind him, his men began setting up their own camp. The army numbered perhaps two hundred, matching Aranor's currently gathered force. Most of them wore Griffon colours. Curiously, among them, were foot knights. Some armed with bows, and yet more armed with greatswords. Even a few of those dressed in Dragon colours, about a quarter of the total force, carried bows with them. A sight not yet seen by the Dawn.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 am

Sir Aranor smirked at Renault, he felt almost as if he was back at a tournament, ready to take on the resident champions of the city, with the entire audience staring and waiting.

He said to Renault
"Your observers? Better to stick close to us commander, maybe you can learn something new."

He turns over to the crowd assembling behind him, and says

"They are observers from the crown, they send their blessings. Well men, get back to work, we have siege to plan."

The men give our a chorus of murmurs of welcomes and hellos towards the knights, before resuming their training and other duties.

Sir Aranor turns back to Renault.

"Commander, we are holding services in the chapel if you worship Astraea, and my men will not bother you if you pray at the shrines.
If you need to buy any food or supplies here from the elder, I shall pay for it, my treat. If you need anything, please come for me at the command tent. I also will assure you, the safe-being of Mordred's citizens is the main reason for this siege. I know that you may have seen the siege weapons outside of the village on your way in, but I guarantee you those are only for the most extreme circumstances."

Sir Aranor also walks up close to renault and says
"But there is one thing I must ask, if my friend Redsword is hostile, and he has truly turned against the kingdom, how much force will I be allowed to apply then?"
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:38 am

Renault waited, respectfully, for the other knights to depart before speaking more openly to Aranor.

"Learn, eh? Perhaps. Perhaps the other way around is more likely if this gets out of hand. I am one of the instructors at the siege academy in Sarleon. I would lend you my aid immediately, but.. As a commander, you know how orders must be followed."

"As for your offer, I must decline. Damia is my patron, as she is for most Griffon knights. We have also brought our own supplies and the coin to pay for more if needed. You hospitality is appreciated regardless."

Finally, he paused at Aranor's last inquiry. Stroking his beard thoughtfully before giving his reply;

"Should Redsword be a traitor than he shall be treated as a traitor. However, he will not be moved against without good cause."

Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Sir Aranor nods.

"I know though that he and Gregory were close. I just hope he is not lost to us, he's almost like family to me. I noticed that you have archers among your ranks, I know you are not supposed to openly help us, but our only defenses against a surprise cavalry charge is a line of wooden spikes. May I ask, for our mutual protection, that you assign some of them to the rooftops at night, it would make my men feel safer."

"Commander, after you are settled in, I would like to ask you to have your men to be more.. how should I put it, loose around my men. My men are going to be uneasy knowing that you are observing them. Plus, adding to the fact that your men won't help us against what they see is a threat to the kingdom, they will be a tad anxious around your men. That's not my view, but you know how soldiers can be. And please, even if you do worship Damia, if my knights offer a blessing of Astraea to you or your men, be polite."

"Later on, please stop by the command tent, I'm sure Rodrick and the others will want to get to know you."

Sir Aranor then crosses his arms across his chest as a salute.

Sir Aranor then walks off back to blaze's tent.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Renault gave no reply to Aranor's suggestions when the Grandmaster spoke. Instead, when Aranor turned away, he gave one final warning before turning back to his own camp.

"Be wary Aranor! We will do what needs to be done to keep the peace, even if it means forcing you to leave this place. For that matter alone, my mean will stick to their own camp. I would suggest though, that you exchange you swords for pikes at the earliest convenience, that should stop any.. Cavalry difficulties."

Renault then spurred his horse towards his own camp outside of the village, not giving an indication one way or the other whether he would personally take up Aranor's offer to visit the commander's tent.

Of that small matter, and of the siege as a whole, only time would tell.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:21 am

Sir Aranor approached the training field of the dawn, set up near Kulum's outer fields.

He overlooked the field, watching numerous scenes.

Near the northern side the knights were practicing and dueling amongst themselves. Practicing for the upcoming battle no doubt.

Aranor shifted his gaze over to the east, where he saw a few of the older knights training the squires and retainers.

Over to the west, he saw 3 knights training the villagers, in case the village came under attack.

Sir Aranor walked over to the barn where the training weapons were stored, and picked up a dawn heater shield.

He came back outside, with shield in hand.

All the knights and retainers noticed their grandmaster, and stopped to look.

Sir Aranor walked up a hill overlooking the impromptu training field.

When he got to the top of the hill, he turned and started his speech.

"My knights, my companions, as many of you have probably noticed, the king has sent a force here. They are here to spectate, they are here for the continued safety of the citizens of Javiksholm, but not to directly support us in the fight."

The crowd forming mumbled, they were almost peeved that the king had not sent direct support to them.

Sir Aranor waved his hand to silence them.

"This is a sign from Astraea, from our goddess. As you may know, most of the warriors here to spectate are not worshipers of our Goddess, and I extend a thank you to you for not bothering them around the shrines. However, we are her champions, and we have been chosen to lead forth her righteousness into the city. Everything that has transpired for a reason, from the red Dawn's split, to Sir Roland's death. Many of you have perhaps wondered why has this all happened, but let me tell you.

Astraea wants her champions to return to their original purpose, the defense of justice around the world. The order had split from it's original purpose. The knights of old no longer defended justice, they assaulted evil, which in theory would be good. But a good offense is not the best defense. The Red Dawn do not protect the innocent, they hunt the heretics. And in their hunt numerous innocents are lost, for every one heretic they end up finding by luck, perhaps 200 citizens who were innocent were killed."

"Astraea sent Sir Roland, a paragon of virtue. Roland set forth the reforms that would bring us back to our true purpose. Unfortunately, he himself would never see the implication of those reforms. But, his death showed me the true way, that I should no longer tolerate the radicals and extremists of the Dawn, and so I accepted wholeheartedly the reforms and ideas he introduced. His death forged a new path for the dawn, nay, not a new path, but the return to the old, true path, the one that Sir Bernard made so long ago."

With that Sir Aranor lifted the shield he had picked up, above his head.

"Look at our heraldry my brothers, look at the way the eagle rises, almost in defense of the sun. Let me tell you what it means. We are the eagle, and justice is the sun. We, as the eagle, should be poised to spread the light, but also protect it. For the sun is the light of civilization, and the light that shall lead our Goddess home. See the 6 rays stemming from the sun? Those represent the virtues we must also uphold, along with the oath we take.

Purity, in our bodies and our minds!
Compassion, to those below us!
Prudence, in every action we take!
Courage, in battle and in faith!
Diligence, for only with diligence may we stride on!
and finally, Patience, for with patience, true progress can be made, and battles can be won without even drawing a sword!

The Red Dawn...
Did they show purity in mind as they burned people alive?
Did they show compassion to the villagers as they killed them?
Did they show prudence when they took Javiksholm and kidnapped my friend?
Do they show courage by staying in their city, not daring to venture out to meet us?
Did they show diligence by taking instead of earning, picking fruit off the vines of other people's hard work?
Did they show patience with us before deserting us?

They did not. I know some of them may have been your friends, but they have been corrupted, by the lies of the false prophet and the serpent.

It pains me also, but we have a duty to the people, we have a duty to the people to save them from those horrors.

We do not fight, because of grudge, or hate. We do not fight because the king demands we do, we fight because we must. We fight because no-one else can. We fight, because our goddess demands it.

We have been chosen, not only I, but every single one of you, the goddess has looked into your heart, and has picked you personally. She has picked every single one of us to purge the evil from our order.

My knights, I am honored to fight with each and everyone of you. You should not look upon me, wondering if you are worthy of me or of the order, or of Astraea's love. I am the one who looks upon you, and wonders if I am worthy to lead this fellowship of the most noble knights I have ever known."

and with that, Aranor walked off the hill, not waiting for applause or boos, and into the village, to the command tent.

He had Fabien go out and find all the members of the circle, to bring them back

He sent off a messenger to the Griffon/Dragon tent. with the following message.

~~~~~~~
Commander Renault,
we have need of you in the command tent, I feel that I should tell you the plan for the siege, and we also have a few questions for you. I would also like to request the presence of the leading officer of the Dragon knights. I have questions for him also.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 am

Three horses arrived outside of the Dawn's command tent. Two were draped in black, and the final blue. One man could be recognized almost immediately as commander Renault. The second Griffon was younger, certainly not a full knight yet. The younger man helped Renault from his horse, while the third man almost leaped from his saddle, dressed in the armour of his Order, the Dragons. He was a large man, something of a quality shared by almost all of his Order. Boar is what he was called, although if that was his actual name or just a title Renault could never get an answer to.

Once the commander became free of his saddle, he walked (or rather limped) side by side with Boar, making smalltalk as they went. The steel on his left leg was unmoving, locked in place, which gave him a foundation to stand on in the absence of a cane or walking stick. However, if he was bothered by his misfortune he didn't show it.

"I hear, y'have questions for us, Grandmaster Aranor?"

It was Boar who spoke, with a surprisingly light voice for a man of his size. Still, it came out with the heavy accent of a northerner, giving it a rough edge.

Renault seemed content for the moment to examine the room, his eyes barely passing over Aranor himself. Finally, when he seemed content with the details of the command tent, he turned his attention to Aranor and waited.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:24 am

Aranor nodded.

"Of course sir, I have questions for both of you."

Aranor pulled out a map of Javiksholm and placed it on the center table, alongside the map they had of the Fierdsvain.

Sir Aranor turned to the Dragon knight.

"My question for you is what measures is Mastifus taking to combat this threat. He and I have kept correspondence and he knows about this threat, but I want to know how heavily guarded are the northern borders. I would like to refrain from having to chase down the Red Dawn should they retreat north."

and then Sir Aranor turned to Renault.

"Well Renault. I know your men are observers, but you told me yourself that you are here to ensure the safety of the citizens. The Red Dawn are resuming our old actions of executions, and at a frightening rate. All I have as proof are the words of those fleeing the city. But if it comes to the point where siege weapons are needed, can you assist us? We are currently trying to avoid their use but if the worst comes your assistance would be invaluable."
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 am

In response to the Grandmaster's question Boar let out a hearty laugh, the sound filling the tent like the beat of a drum. A stark contrast to his softer speaking voice. Finally, after a moment, the laughter died down and he allowed himself to regard Aranor seriously.

"Aranor, anybody passing uninvited into Ravenstern will find enough Dragon Knights to send them back to their mothers beaten and blubbering."

Apparently feeling that was a satisfactory answer, Boar turned to Renault to await his answer. Renault, in return, seemed oblivious that anyone was watching him at all as he stared at the map on the table. Perhaps comparing it to his own maps of the city. Finally though, as the silence began to drag on he spoke.

"Grandmaster Aranor, while I personally, and I believe even Darlion personally supports your side of this conflict, we cannot directly aid you at this time. I've sent one hundred of my knights here across the Fierdsvain countryside to try and collect what evidence they can. I do, however, have two bits of advice for you. Firstly, to take this city requires taking the walls, which you will not do without those siege engines."

He smacked his hand on the table in emphasis, although what he was emphasizing was anybody's guess. Seeming to collect himself, Renault coughed and continued.

"If you do decide to bring out your toys, making a hole in the wall helps. Helps quite a lot actually. Of course, then you'll have one angry lord, but there seem to be bigger concerns at the moment. Actually..."

Renault trailed off, perhaps realizing that he was beginning to ramble. He seemed to straighten himself, and regard the Grandmaster once more with an air of respect that had been lost half way through his answer.

"Well, Grandmaster, were there other matters to discuss?"
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Merzinas gallopes into camp ahead of Wolfarmins main force, the clopping of Lantres feet barely heard amongst the din of the main camp at work. He saw however the rather unorganized defences and sentries, and quickly began to formulate ideas for the perimeter. However he pressed on to the centre of the camp with his report of Ironoak.

He drew to a halt in the inner camp and dismounted quickly, leaving everything but his sword on the mare that bore him. He hurried by the crowded dwellings, drawing close to the command tent at the centre of the camp. The two guards thankfully recognised him from Avendor and ushered him inside.

"Grandmaster" He intoned softly with a quick salute.

"Griffon, Dragon" he murmured surprisedly, nodding quickly to both of them.

"Approximately twenty-four Red Dawn knights at Ironoak, only twelve squires. However they have begun to train militia forces there."

He paused for breath

"Bloodsword let them in with open arms. They've begun roaming the countryside and started the torture and execution of the peseants there. All I know about their leader is that he has one eye with a black beard and a temper.

They however did not detect us, or, if they did, chose not to engage."
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:30 pm

"Also Grandmaster, the defensive perimetre could be orchestrated thus:"
Merzinas shows the hastily scrawled paper
Spoiler:

"The walls could be erected facing Javiksholm, with stakes facing outward and discouraging assault. The diamond is the command tents, the pentagon the seige supplies and apparatus. Protecting our flank, where the little crosses are, would be the tips off spears, spare daggers, any sharp object, stuck low into the ground, causing any horses treading the area to be rendered crippled. It would slow the enemy down sufficeantly for the men to be mustered in defence. The horses and extra supplies not needed urgently would be paced in the pen here, in the lower right. Finally ships from Valonbray will cover the seaward flank as well as transport supplies and men. Rear assault would be untangeble as no Red Dawn forces preside behind us and any of their men trying to manuver behind us would be spotted in enough time."

Merzinas profers his hand to the two other knights present

"Its good to see the Kings men coming to aid us in this grisly task"

//ooc i know your not but merzinas doesnt
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:22 am

"Its good to see the Kings men coming to aid us in this grisly task"

Blaze was sulking in the corner when he heard Merzinas's words. He snorted then interjected.

"Aid us? They claim to be the 'spectators' here and also 'collecting evidence'. HA! They probably will use the 'evidence' to their advantage. They claim they are here fully because of keeping the peace and such, but other than their words, what else do we have as proof to their motives? As for the gauntlets, I know their man, Sir Thaddeus. He's a good man, and I trust him fully. I can't say the same for the Griffons though."

He looked back at Merzinas and nodded.

"Good plan, coming from one like me that doesn't appreciate tactics. Great job gathering information, however, we should not underestimate the enemy so easily. They, being the Dawn, have talented and experienced men on their side too. We must assume that whatever we've planned may have been looked into by the Red Dawn first."

Blaze did not look at the Griffons though. Blaze also did not show any expression, but of one that is eager for battle.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:33 am

Merzinas's gaze snapped to Blaze, and his smile froze on his face. Listening quitely, he looked back at the two impassive Knights. His hand dissapeared back into the folds of his robe. "Orders to watch the orders?" Intoned Merzinas, turning the idea around in his head. "How do you intend to do that in the siege, in the heat of battle whilst you refuse to fight with us? What law are you upholding? It seems hollow and vague to my mind. A twisted law wielded by those who refuse to outline it, that is a path to tyranny, and i do hope that is not what you intend to do here on behalf of the monarch."

Turning back to Aranor

"My lord, perhaps we should incorperate the seige equipment into the main battle plan. We have entrusted the whole affair into one condition working, here are some contingencies:

Firstly, take the siege ladders with the main force attacking from the east, giving the enemy less time to act. The retainers could carry them on horseback to the wall in no time.
Secondly, my force could procure one ladder, and scale the northern wall, make our way to the docks and perhaps allow entrance from sea if the east gate is unnasailable.

However if there is nothing else, i must take my force around to the northern side of javiksholm and begin preperations before dawn breaks."

Merzinas glances back to the two knights, and mutters to himself

"Who watches the watchmen?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Camp of the Dawn (IC)   The Camp of the Dawn (IC) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Camp of the Dawn (IC)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next