Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)

Go down 
+3
AxeMaster
Psychozoa
Saeros
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) Empty
PostSubject: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 5:54 am

Sarleon

As the Royal Sarleon Library closes for the day, one of the king’s guards leads you an ample room inside it. Being allowed to use the library outside its working hours is an honor, and also a way the king found to show his sympathy to your initiative.

As you take your seats around the table, Theo approaches from the opposite side of the room. His armor – a long white tabard covering a chainmail, with a similarly white cloak covering its upper part – is obviously not of Silvermist standard. He greets every one of you personally, then sits and starts explaining his ideas.

He speaks of many things, all of which he had already addressed in the letter sent to you some months ago. He speaks of the plan of using your skills to help the people who are not taken in consideration by the lords: peasants, farmers, and other defenseless Pendorians, to whom both the right of bearing weapons and to pursue knowledge is denied.
Theo explains that the central idea is to help them once in a while. This will be done by using your martial and your intellectual skills, whichever the situation requires. Since some of you are also scholars, he is confident that intelligent actions will come out of this. Furthermore, although he assumes that everyone is here for the genuine desire to help people, he also highlights that it is also an opportunity for you to earn some glory and renown for yourselves.

Theo pauses for a moment, then continues speaking:

“As I am sure you have all noticed, I am not here as a Silvermist. This circle exists outside of our order’s domain and here we are beyond the constraints of political alliances, and importantly so. We represent nothing – no lord, no god, and not even ourselves. Thus I suggest we all use white armors, without any coat of arms or indication of allegiance to something.
So I propose a set of basic guidelines to whoever wishes to become a member of the circle:

Firstly, none of our actions must dishonor our grandmasters. Their names come first.
Secondly, we will not make propaganda of our orders. No order symbols are allowed while we are gathered. We will also ignore any differences our orders might currently have with each other.
Thirdly, we are stronger than any commoner, and wiser than most Pendorian knights. We will act as their teachers and protectors”.
Fourthly, we swear to uphold the virtues of knowledge and the protection of the weak. This means that from now on we will never again kill innocents, and that we will try, whenever possible, to promote the advancement and diffusion of knowledge.

This is very much all of it. In order to stop calling ourselves “circle”, I thought about a neutral name and came up with “White Cloaks”, which is pretty much what we are, with the plus that it doesn't make reference to anything else.

This is my idea. Whoever agrees with it should follow me to the foyer and start making preparations. There is a scout waiting there with our first mission. Whoever disagrees may freely leave the library – I will bear no ill will to those that choose to go.

[OOC: I had planned for us to discuss the details, like name, rules and etc., but for smoothness’ sake it turned out to be better to just take them for granted and move on already. Unless you strongly object something, of course. Or have any good ideas to add.].
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:40 am

Jareth listened closely to what Theo was saying. While he was talking, Jareth was looking around the big room and into the Faces of the others. He didn't know any of them but he recognized some Coat of Arms of the men around.

He agreed with all what was said and after Theo finished he stood up and wanted to follow him into the Foyer.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 pm

Sir Kendric listened to Theo's words intently.

Taking a survey of his would be Comrades in arms, he had no trouble in making the decision to join the fight for the weak.

As he arose, he nodded to the others at the table,

"If you gentlemen will excuse me,"

With that he headed for the Foyer and the coming events that would change Pendor forever...
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Sir Kamos had a bit of a smile. He had always preferred a more outward reach.

It came without hesitation that he stood from his table and follows other into the foyer.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Sir Azrael listened closely to what Theo had to say. He was slightly wary due to great number of unknown persons in the room but he masked his anxiousness as well as he could.

Having no qualms with this proposotion yet, he rose from the table and silently followed others to the foyer.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:33 am

Waking from his daydream, Skjälla stands, takes his bag and moves to the foyer. Beren greets those who as still on the table with a wave of his hands, then follows him inside.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 am

Lady Laisha listened to Theo, but focused less on him and more on the men around her, reading their expressions and behavior as Theo spoke.

When he finished, she rose silently and made her way to the foyer.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:31 pm

The foyer was as impressive as the library’s meeting room. There were some armors hanging on improvised racks, which clearly did not belong to the place, and a pile of clean white tabards on a chair. Armors were separated in three racks, and you could distinguish clearly between light leather armors, chainmails and thick plates.

“I’m glad to see that so many chose to come!” Theo said. “I am looking forward for a good fellowship with you. Listen: I have been writing down complaints villagers use to make in taverns around Pendor, and ended up with a pretty big list.”

“The first one I heard comes from Gosbur, deep in the north. Their primary source of income is timber, which they use both for their fireplaces and as tribute to the local lord. The problem is that their monthly deposits are been consistently stolen, night after night. The local militia once tried to place all of their (three) guards there, but they were knocked down and are still recovering in the healer’s hut. Furthermore, their monthly tribute to the lords is almost due, and the only spare wood they have is the one stored inside their homes. If they deliver that wood, they will certainly freeze to death in the winter. If they don’t, the local lord will probably deem the village elder an outlaw for not paying the taxes.”

“My scout says that the sheriff they have there was newly put in charge and is very inexperienced. Being aware of his own incompetence, as well as fearing failure and the loss of face towards to lord who just hired him, he chose to deem the matter “outside his jurisdiction” and “a matter for the village elder to solve”. The local lord, too, won’t help you. Since his father died in the unification war, he spends his time wasting his wealth and courting lady Valka. Without success, I should add”.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 pm

“This is all I know. The details remain unclear. You will have to assess the situation personally once you get there.”

“Oh, there is another thing: I am needed elsewhere and won’t be able to join you in this mission*.”

“There is a small trade boat leaving in fourteen hours from Marleons to Rane, and the sailor has also already agreed - for a price -, to leave you close to the village along the way. He will do his business in the city for some days, and will pick you up on his way back. You may want to take everything you think you might need, including some food, since you will not have access to any blacksmiths or taverns there. In an emergency, lady Laisha can forage some food for you, although I doubt that the frozen Ravenstern wilderness will have enough to offer. The boat is unfortunately too small and your horses will have to remain in Marleons’ stables.”

“Well, we still have some time before departing to Marleons’ harbor. Would you have anything to add?”

*. Theo won’t participate. I’m hosting already, it doesn’t sound right.

Last edited by Saeros on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Sir Kendric Was thinking to himself about all that was said and before it was too late...

"Excuse me good sir, If we are to be unrecognizeable, where do you suggest we obtain this special armor?"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:51 pm

“I have put them on the racks at the back of the room. Choose the type that pleases you the most, then wear the white tabard over it.”
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:31 am

Sir Kamos with nothing to add goes over to the armor and selected a mail shirt along with boiled leather chest piece with matching leather legwear. However he doesn't put them on yet. Finally he grabs a white tabard to finish the set and slings most of it over his shoulder for the time being, the leather chest piece he holds in his left hand.

"I'll need some time to get some thicker cloth to wear under this armor since we're going North. I've grown a bit soft after being away so long. I can probably manage on the way to the docks easy enough."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 am

Sir Azrael makes his way to the racks without saying anything. He shakes several chainmails before taking the one that makes the least noise followed by grabbing a tabard. Making his way back to the gathered knights, he looks at them.

"The north is a cold place, I'd advice you all to wear as warm clothes as possible. I will see you in Marleons. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to pick up some equipment."

With that said, Sir Azrael leaves. He swithes to warm clothes underneath the chainmail and takes his weapons. He also takes his old backpack in which he stores bread and dried meat for a few days.

Last edited by Pravenstern on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 am

Jareth was looking around at all the people who would go on this quest with him. There was even a woman. That would never have been possible in Barcley, but Pendor was a different Land with much more possibilities. He thought about how hard it must have been for her to be accepted into a Knighthood order.

"Yes it is a cold Place. I got some advice from a friend of mine. He is from the North and showed me how to stay warm even in an Blizzard. But I hope I will not need it"

It was not much time now, there was much to prepare and so he went over to the Weapon Racks and took the Leather Armor along with a white Tabard. Then he went over to Theo.

"Theo, if you would excuse me I will leave shortly to dress myself in this new Clothes. Do you have a place where I can store my Armor?"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:29 pm

"Yes. If you want to, you can store your armors in the section for rare books here in the library. There are always guards there and they make a list of whoever enters the room. Besides, it is Sarleon. Very few would have the guts to attempt storming the royal library and killing the guards, in Pendor's Capital and under the king's nose, to steal your things".

Skjälla analyzed the armors cautiously one by one, then finally took one of the plates from the rack and proceeded looking for a chamber, probably to change himself in private.

Beren, on the other hand, didn't care about words and, while everyone was talking, he was already half-naked, wearing his new armor on the spot. He left the greaves and the gauntlets for later, mumbling complaints about a "stupid hot weather", then bursted out:

"Where's the kilt?"
"There are none", answers Theo, "they are more expensive than the armor itself and I didn't have the money".
"What?! Then my legs will freeze over there!"
"Or you can wear trousers like everyone else."
"Trousers...it's hard to move with trousers."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:06 pm

Moments pass and all seem settled and ready. Beren can be seen sitting on a chair, swinging his flail back and forth and looking at it with a blank stare, which is usually a sign of boredom.

"Well fellows", Theo says, "if there is nothing else, I would suggest you start packing your things and head for the harbor. You should look for a boat uncreatively named 'Marleons Sea Caravan IV'. I wish you all luck and a nice travel! We shall meet again when it is all over. ".
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 am

Sir Kendric moved over to the rack and pulled the dullest chain mail. He had already dropped his armor with friend in Singal. The others watched in amazement as He turned his loose robes into what looked like a suit. After putting on the Chain he selected a tabbard and matching leather boots.

"Nice to meet you all. I'm sure we will have time to get to know each other on the ship."

As he was leaving he gave a slight nod to the Fair Maiden

"M'Lady"

With that he was gone. Off into the depths of Sarleon, moving almost silently through the shadows of the street.
He was really not feeling comfortable wearing white but sacrifices had to be made for justice and he quickly came to terms with his uneasyness.
Kendric went to his friend first where he stored his belongings to let him know he would be away for some time.
Only taking his Longsword, Throwing knives and his Assassin's Toolkit.

At the market he gathered the supplies he would need along the way, with a Kumis of wine and a small vial of oil.
Not wasting any time , Kendric headed for the Ship...
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:43 am

Laisha had vanished almost as soon as Theo had pointed out the armor rack, but already reappeared by the time the group was ready to set out. She fiddled with the straps on the leather she chose as she waited for the others to return. She studied each man as he re-entered the room, much as she did at the table a few minutes before. She remained seated as the knights began to file out, nodding politely at each in turn, but otherwise appearing to be lost in thought, saying not a word.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 3:53 am

"See you again on the Ship, I'm used to warm temperatures so I have to buy a lot of things I guess. I guess the Voyage will be long, we will have time talk later." He nodded and turned around

Jareth stored his Armor into a Chest in the Library and stored the key in his pocket. He decided to walk through the Market on his way to the Harbour. He bought bread and dried meat to get him over the next week or two. He bought a sheepskin rug as well which he could put under or over his Leather Armor if it would get too cold.

From the Distance he saw the Harbour with all the Ships lying at anchor.
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:21 am

Johan listened the whole meeting in shadows and when the others left the room he took the white tabard putted it over his leather armor but under his robes. He also ripped part of it put it on his sleeve. He left in secrecy and went to buy some herbs and food. After that he went to harbor and found the ship but he decided to gamble with harbor workers first. He won some money but because he was with the good guys he returned the money to workers. After that he went to the ship and hid himself in the gargo bay.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:36 pm

The journey proceeded without incident. It took you two days to reach the other side of the Ravenstern sea, and while the boat was not exceptionally comfortable, it was certainly better than a long ride on the back of a horse – with the advantage that you can actually sleep on board.

The different backgrounds and unfamiliarity between all of you is evident. Coming from all corners of Pendor and without the bonds of brotherhood that you built after several years of fighting by the side of your fellow order knights, it is only natural that you need some time before fully trusting each other.

You awake with the merchant clapping his hands and pointing to a distant spot under the morning mist, saying that you should prepare to leave. You use those last minutes to wear your armors, fasten your bags and backpacks, and, most importantly, to splash cold water on your faces. The ship comes closer to a pier – a shaggy wooden platform, barely standing on its own, which looks like it hasn’t seen a boat in weeks. You cross it quickly, one at a time, trying not to think about what would happen if you fell down fully armored in those cold waters.

As the sailor bids farewell, some local fishermen, who probably woke up early to get the best fishes, look at you with surprise. You pass by them and arrive at the village half an hour later, precisely as the sun rises above the snowy northeastern mountains. It is cold, but the sky is clear and the snow sparse, barely deeper than you ankles. You hear windows being opened and realize that soon all will be out for their daily work.

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 am

During the 2 day Voyage Jareth was mostly talking to his fellow Legionaire Johan. There was much to talk, as well with the others who traveling with him, but it was much time and nothing to do except waiting on that ship.

It was cold as they arrived in Town and the people were still inside. Jareth turned and spoke to everyone.

"I think we should first visit the Town Elder and ask him where we could sleep and store our belongings. Thereafter we could visit the Sheriff and look if we can help him."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:13 am

"That sounds good, also we should find the guards so we could ask them some questions and look their injuries if they still need treatment. Also someone could go to and visit the lord and ask more time or a cut some of the taxes." Johan answered.

Johan started smoking and remembered this place from his childhood. Cold winters were the best he knew in the north. He felth that he was back home. Also one question: Was the healer still the same as when he last time visited here because he/she knew some good tricks and some rare herbs Johan himself good make useful.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:35 am

"Good Idea Johan, you go and visit the Healer. Sir Kendric, Lady Laisha and Beren if you would be so kind to visit the Sheriff. Sir Kamos, Sir Azrael and Skjälla you can walk around the City to take a look at the Guards and sent them to the healer if they are not fit enough. I will talk to the Elder."

After a short pause he continues.

"I will go talk to the Elder and we meet again at the Town Center in 1 hour. What do you think?"

Last edited by Psychozoa on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 7:04 am

Johan nodded and started walking towards healers hut. He already knew the places and started thinking hes own childhood. He remembered the kids he used to play with but didn't know what happened to them. He saw the healers hut already and started thinking what he would say to healer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) Empty

Back to top Go down

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next