An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:04 am

Jareth, Kamos and Beren approach the band of villagers. They seem honestly surprised at your sight, even nervous, perhaps. It is clear that they did not expect to find heavily armored knights at the village.
Native Gosbur villagers gather around you with some goods to trade for whatever the outlanders have brought. Most bring fish baskets, and some also carry salted meat.

OOC: Kamos, I assumed you followed them. Say something if not the case, then I'll edit the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:49 pm

Before starting to speak Jareth made a slight nod at the Villagers. Her choose to speak slowly and with heavy emphasis on the important parts, the Villagers were surprised or even a bit confused and he didn't want to say everything twice.

"Greetings to You. My name is Jareth and with me are Beren and Sir Kamos." With each name Jareth turned a bit to right or left of him to make them better understand who he meant. "We belong to a group of Scholars and we are here to help you with your problems and to protect you against the thieves."

"If you have some time we would like to ask you some questions."

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:09 am

With the group of villagers:

Two of them immediately turn to each other and exchange short words in their dialect, which neither Jareth nor Kamos understand. You see Beren, always quiet and steady, raising and lowering one of his brows without even turning his head. Being born in Rane, he is probably familiar with the language of its surrounding villages. Nevertheless, he looks unimpressed and clearly thinks it was nothing of significance.

The others seem slightly nervous. Apparently, they did not expect to see armored knights suddenly popping out of their neighbouring village. One of them drops the heavy sack he had being carrying in his shoulders and comes closer to you.

"Th-Thieves, sir? We in our village have no problem with thieves. It's not true, what old sheriff told ya. We come here only for the fish. But we don't like them people here and leave as soon as we can. But, sure, what would you like to know?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Sir Kamos open his arms up wide tilting his head slighting as he begins to speak.

"Aye worry not we were just wondering whether or not ye seen anything strange about. Any odd trails, tracks, or strangers other than us wandering about thas all."

OOC Note: I will be returning to that "It's not true, what old sheriff told ya." bit as it caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Johan sniffed the scent coming from the pot and it was heavenly. He took some cups and filled them up and said:

"Sir Azrael, come here. Here's the drink I promised. It makes you feel refreshed."

Johan offered the cup to Sir Azrael. At the same time with he's other hand he took his pipe under his rope putted it in his mouth and lighted it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Sir Azrael followed Johan's suggestion, went to him and took the drink. But before he took any sips, he looked at Johan and asked:

"As you confirmed earlier, I am from the Griffons. However, I am also curious of which order is yours? Not to sound rude but you don't really strike me as a standard member of any order."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:02 pm

"I'm from the Shadow legion. I'm a shaman and serve as a healer in the Legion. I haven't been in the order for long but I have been with them some years as a healer. It may sound bad that I'm a shaman but trust me, I'm not a heretic or a mystmountain raider"

Johan took a sip from his mug and looked in the fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Sir Azarel looked somewhat amused.

"A shaman in southern regions? Not exactly a common occurence, I can tell, but anything is possible nowadays...

He then trailed off in his thoughts before snapping back to reality and taking a small sip from the mug.

"And do not worry, Heretics don't have shamans, but priests as far as I can tell. And believe it or not, I don't hold much grudges against Mystmountainers. My home was relatively untouched by the incursions and one of my old friends was one of them."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:54 pm

"I don't actually come from southern regions, I don't even know where I was born as my family lived a moving life, you could even say that Pendor is my home. Only stable thing in my life was that we had a house near Sarleon. And it's gone forever."

Johan took couple of sips and continued:

"And for the heretics some people think otherwise. But were are the rest, maybe we should find them. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:06 am

With the vilagers:

Three of the villagers take a step back when Kamos opens up his arm. Then they walk forward when they realized he didn't mean them harm. One of them speaks:

"Thank you, sir white knight. Unfortunately we have seen no strangers and only our hunters pay attention to tracks, to be honest. I will talk to them about it when I return to our village."

Another of the villagers raises his hand and interrupts him:

"Sir, I've seen people I've never seen before in our Elder's some weeks ago. There wasn't anything special about them and they came back only once. But they were strangers, nonetheless."

The villager who was speaking first takes the word again:

"Ah... you mean the Pickleberries? They only wanted to trade some fruits for leather with the village. Our Elder dismissed them."

He smiles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:03 am

Sir Kamos face turned to perplexed and his arms crossed.

"What in the hells are Pickleberries? And why do they have fruits this far north?"

He paused for a moment to think.

"And what exactly would the sheriff have been saying about you all that would be so bad ey?"

He stopped with a half bemused smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:10 am

With the villagers:

"The Pickleberries are a family of traders. They came here with fruits trying to make more... profit? I don't know the details, but apparently they had been travelling for weeks. They seemed a nice folk to me".

Then he paused for a moment and turned a bit red.

"That sheriff here, a big bastard, to tell you the truth. We're all good and hard-working people back home, even thought he tells you the opposite. Now if you excuse me, sir knight, we should carry on with the trade before the people here go back to work. It's past lunch time, already."

As he finished saying that, a handful of native villagers approached with a cart full of fish. You witness a cold exchange of greetings between both groups, and hear two of the foreign villagers looking at at the cart and mumbling "fish...?", while the others start taking their fox pelts out their bags.

Beren looks interested when he sees them, and says:

"Oh, red foxes! I've heard about them before. The village of Uslum is regionally famous for its pelts. The fur of the foxes that live around it is almost crimson, very beautiful. If southerners had the habit of using fur, this village would certainly prosper. But I guess the weather doesn't help much with that".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Jareth was listening closely the whole time but he wasn't able to make much sense of the talking. The only thing which was pretty obvious was that they hated the Sheriff. The Question is, Where is the Sheriff?
He quickly glanced over the pelts the Villagers wanted to trade and then faced Beren.

"You seemed to understand what the villagers said when we approached them. What was it?"

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:12 am

Sir Azrael looked thoughtful for a while but came to an conclusion. He proceeded with a shake of his head:

"We might as well go. No thief will strike here during the daytime. I didn't catch where the woodcutter was but Beren and Laisha should still be with the sheriff. To the Sheriff's office, shall we?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:05 pm

With the group of villagers:

Beren says: "What? Before? They were just surprised at our sight. I guess they didn't expect us being here. But then again, now I realize that they also didn't expect to see fish as Gosbur's surplus good. The question is: what did they expect? Something is certainly fishy here."

He could not help but attempt a pun.

In the warehouse:

Skjälla stands up with a jump: "Agreed, let's go. Although I saw Beren, Kamos and Laisha passing by the door some moments ago, and I'm sure that at least Beren was going in the direction of the village square. At the Sheriff's there must be only Kendric right now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:13 pm

"Good to know. Let's make it to Kendric then. He might also know where Kamos and Jareth headed."

He then nodded to Johan.

"What do you say?"

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
tobberman
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:10 am

"Sure, let's go. We have time."

Johan stood up and moved the pot out of the fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Sir Azrael and Johann arrive at the sheriff's home. Instead of keep guard at the door, Kendric is found sitting on the floor, sleeping with his back on the side of the building. He seems to be sleeping quite heavily and will take much to wake up.

The door, however, is unlocked, and even untrained eyes notice that someone left the house not long ago. Not only the marks on ground reveal that: Azrael, with his familiarity with metalworks, quickly finds out that the door locks only from the inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:11 am

A party of roughly twenty knights arrives at the village center. Every villager, native or otherwise, stares at them intently, trying to figure out what is going on. You cannot help but notice that all of them wear the same blue-and-white tabards, bearing an eagle as their symbol.

The one with the fancy sword, apparently the leader of the band, dismounts and comes closer to the band of Whitecloaks. He looks at sir Arzael, then turn sideways and shouts:

"Now!"

A tall and strong knight immediately draws his crossbow and aims at one of the foreign villagers.

"Commoner Yori, you are under arrest for dealing with outlaws, for theft, and for conspiring against the morals of the North."

Without any struggle, the villager is quickly bound, put into a cart, and taken away, his fate unkown.

Turning back to the Griffon, the leader says:

"Good evening, fellow knights. I am sorry for the trouble, but I am afraid there has been a mistake, as we have been issued the same orders.

My name is Lochlann of Windholm, and we are the Eagle Knights. Just like Theo Venator, I work under the guidance of loremaster Hoth, and he is the one who provides our circles with information regarding the missions. Unfortunately, due to some mistake of the courier, you have been issued the similar orders as us, only one week later. I am sorry for you having come here for nothing.

You see, we have been sent to Uslum to solve a simple supply and management problem. We were told that the locals were suffering from shortage of wood due to a kind of fungus, and we intended to help them with a better organization and teach them to use alternative building materials for the moment.

He sighs.

But what we didn’t expect to find was that the locals have hired thugs to steal the wood from the village of Gosbur. Soon, as expected, the bandits turned against the ones who hired them and started acting on their own, taking the wood and selling it elsewhere. The agreement of non-violence against the neighboring villagers was also broken, and then both villages became victims.

We solved that. We stormed the bandits underground hideout and collapsed the cave, leaving most of the thugs trapped inside it. They won’t be troubling the villagers anymore.

Now please excuse us, but it gets dark early here in the North and we still have a long road to travel.”

With an elaborate movement of his hand, the blue knights form a triple-ranked column and begin moving forward. They do not talk to the villagers nor explain what has happened. Witnessing this, the most knowledgeable Whitecloaks remember that Eagle Knights had become famous for they approach: they consider boasting a sin, and they refrain from interfering in other people’s lives more than necessary. Indeed, perhaps it’s for the best. Without knowing the guilt of Uslum, the villagers will remain friends with their northern neighbours, and things will slowly return to normal.

[I may change one or two points later, but that’s essentially it. Now I’ll focus on the other events.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   

Back to top Go down

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5