Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Murder Investigation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC-Scene: Murder Investigation Empty
PostSubject: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:21 am

The murder of Sir Robert Morbren is still shrouded in mystery. You remember the first time you had heard about the incident:

"Sir Robert Morbren, a knight of the Ebony Gauntlet, had been killed in the streets of Laria in the very same night in which Deloria castle had been attacked. He had been found the next morning in an abandoned alley, killed by a projectile that had pierced his throat. By the time the cityguard found the body, the lowlifes of the city had already looted from him what they could; weapons, money, jewellery, even his teeth. It must have been a gruesome sight indeed."

Besides this, your order's investigation had so far failed to provide more insights into Sir Robert's demise. A vague lead pointed towards a lowlife named Tassler in the tannery district, but this was a long shot at best. However, very recently, a unique opportunity had presented itself in the form of Aleyn Morbren; Sir Robert's younger brother.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:51 am

Sir Alexander arrived in Laria in a mixed mood. The air of tension was palpable, and all of his senses were on edge with the prospect of action. Having said that, the death of a comrade has made his mission all the more serious, especially given the circumstances of the murder.

"You know your assignments.," he said, turning to his followers. "Those going to the tannery district, get to it."

A group broke off, heading towards the tannery district to hunt down a man called Tassler and see what information could be gleaned from him. Three retainers in plain clothes were to keep a low profile, but find out as much as possible from listening in taverns and streets to any conversations about the man or the organisation known as the Red Hoods. The two knights accompanying them had a slightly harder task, keeping the retainers safe without appearing to be there as protection. Meanwhile, the three knights who excelled at tracking would patrol the district, ready to spring into action at the slightest hint of Tassler's whereabouts.

As the squad forged deeper into the town, Sir Alexander motioned to his knights, two of which headed off in search of the city guard who had discovered Morbren's body. He didn't hold out much hope for this line of investigation, but there was always an off chance that the guard had spotted something unusual.

With his two remaining knights, Alexander headed for the residence of Aleyn Morbren, the brother of the deceased. This was the most promising lead, and he was optimistic about what he could find out about who could have done this.

[[OOC: Hope this is the kind of thing you're looking for, and that you want me to put orders in with this. If you want them separately, just let me know]]
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:45 pm

Tannery district:

Your men in the taverns do not find out much. At this time of day the taverns are almost deserted and your questioning is watched leery by the few patrons. For a few coins and the promise of protection, though. One of the innkeepers is ready to point you to Tassler's house. He has not heard about the "Red Hoods", but suspects that it has something to do with the Red Brotherhood.

Robert's Corpse:

At the local garrison your men eventually find the patrol leader who found Sir Robert's body. He can tell you where exactly he found the body (in an alley close to the border of district five and six), but otherwise he can only confirm what you already know.

Aleyn Morbren:

Sir Aleyn Morbren receives you in his home, which is quite humble by the standards of the nobility. He treads you with respect, but you notice a reservedness, maybe even an hostile attitude underlying his sentences. Sir Aleyn reports that Robert had come to the city to talk about inheritance issues, but had refused to stay at on his family's estate for the duration of the visit. Aleyn had not seen him for several days when he got the news. He is very keen on knowing what you have uncovered so far.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:12 am

Sir Alexander hesitated slightly. He did not fully trust Sir Aleyn, and giving him too much information at this point did not seem the best course of action in his mind.

"We are making progress. We are closing in on a man we think may be involved, which is our most likely avenue of success.” Sir Alexander looked pensively out of a window at the city outside...

---

Meanwhile, the investigation was gathering pace in the tannery district. A breakthrough had come at one of the taverns -
an innkeeper claimed to know where Tassler lived, and after being suitable rewarded, revealed the location.
Doing away with the subterfuge, the Gauntlets who had been questioning the City Guard came together with those in the district to discuss a plan.
As two of the knights began to close up the tavern, preparing to further probe the innkeeper about the Red Brotherhood, the others headed to the house that supposedly belonged to Tassler. Their plan was a thorough one - they did not expect the house to be unoccupied. While prepared for a fight, they were also prepared for a chase, and assigned themselves groups in order to best chase down any fleeing suspects.

---

Sir Alexander turned back to Sir Aleyn. “However, we can make no guarantees as to the result of our search, and so any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. You said that Sir Robert was not staying here - do you know where he was lodged in the city? We may be able to find our something new. You also mentioned financial issues - do you think these could have played a part in his murder?" Sir Alexander fixed his gaze upon Sir Aleyn. "I have some knowledge of financial affairs, so perhaps I could be some use here."

-------

[[OOC]]
[[SUMMARY OF ORDERS:

Two knights to stay with innkeeper in closed tavern until support arrives. After support arrives, head to house given by innkeeper to guard it.
Two knights still with Sir Alexander as he talks to Sir Aleyn

Three tracker knights, two knights and three retainers head to house given by innkeeper, prepared for a fight. In case of suspects fleeing, they are to split as follows:
IF ONE SUSPECT FLEES
  1. Two knights plus one retainer remain in the house
  2. Three trackers plus two retainers chase the suspect

IF MORE THAN ONE SUSPECT FLEES
  1. One knight plus one retainer remain in the house
  2. Two trackers plus one retainer chase most suspicious suspect
  3. One tracker plus one knight plus one retainer chase the next-most suspicious suspect
  4. Anyone else is left to run, although their descriptions are noted.

In either case, those remaining in the house are not to begin searching until given more orders. As a precaution, if any measure is taken by the suspects to destroy evidence (eg fire), then they will attempt to save as many documents as possible.]]
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:05 am

Tannery:

Tassler's house is not that difficult to find once you know what you are looking for. It is located at the southern wall, and in a remarkably better condition than the surrounding houses. It shares walls with the adjacent buildings and the city wall, so there are no alleys or visible side entrances, but you notice a sewer entrance nearby. The wooden shutters are closed, denying you glances into the house's insides. You see no one resembling a sentry near the building.

Tavern:

The tavern keeper does not know much about the Red Brotherhood. They are thieves, smugglers and slavers. A plague that hunts these lands. He does not want to have anything to do with them, or so he claims.

Sir Aleyn:

"I have no idea where he was staying. He wouldn't tell and I felt that I needed to respect his privacy. Have you checked the inns and asked for him?"

"And I can assure you, the family business had nothing to do with his demise. If you must know, our uncle died childless, and now I am about to inherit his holdings. Robert would have been much more suited to become a lord, but due to this stupid vow of poverty your order demands from his members, he had to refuse. His death does not benefit anyone within my family."
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 6:17 am

Laria..Home. Home that is now plagued by influence of noldor worshipers, zekic saw one of silvermists near the city, they think they can hide, but nothing hides from a man whose only purpose, for a few years, was to seek and destroy noldors in the woods, and noldor-worshipers can't compare to theyr masters..

Zekic was wearing his usual armor, however there was nothing that could distinguish him to be Knight of Ebony Gauntlet.He entered Laria with mocking smile on his face, some people still recogonized him after all, he saw fear in some man eyes, however smile quickly faded as he stared into eyes of elderly man, and saw no fear, but only a compassion..

Zekic decided that first he should visit fellow knight, he learned from beggars and urchins where Tesslers house is, and also asked if any of them saw what Knights of Ebony Gauntlet where doing in this city.

Last edited by Zekic Thunion of Laria on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 pm

The people you encounter on the way report to have seen Knights of the Gauntlet over the past few days. They were patrolling the city, or at least it looked that way, and the people had enough sense not to stick their nose too deep into the knights' business.

Finally you arrive at Tassler's house, and spot a few members of your order lurking nearby. Their current commander has told them to stay put and await further instructions, then left them to chase after some sort of lead. He was very mysterious about it, and the men have not heard from him since.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Zekic approaches one of the knights.

"Who is you'r current commander? do you know him well? how long he is in our order?"

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 am

The knight gives you a puzzled look. "Sir Alexander? No, I don't know him very well, and I am not sure how long he was part of our order, but he came with orders directly from Lucius Aurelianus. I don't question my superiors. What is this about?"
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:04 am

Zekic pauses for a second, anger is seen in his face.
"I dont have time to explain.Knight, what do you know about murder of Sir Robert?was your commander the only one who knew anything about it?'
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

"What, of course not. We were all here to investigate, after all. Besides, what Sir Alexander knew, he will have heard from Sir Lucius, so if you have any problem, I suggest you take it up with him."
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:04 am

"You complitely ignored my first question knight, what do YOU know about a murder fo sir Robert? Also do you know where.. Sir Lucius is now?"
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:19 am

"How in the name of the gods am I supposed to know where Sir Lucius is? Maybe you did not notice it, but I spent the last hours watching this pitful excuse of a house. And what I know about Sir Robert's death? I know that he was a bloody good knight who is now dead and instead of trying to find out who is responsible, I am being asked utterly random questions by some poor mannered knight who has not even so much as introduced himself."
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Zekic, stands for a moment, thinking what to do next..
"How long time ago did Sir Alexander left?"
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:05 am

"About a day ago. We have kept eyes on the house for the entire time."
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:31 pm

"No point chasing him then..."
Zekic stares at house for a few moments, then he notices sewer entrance nearby, however quickly eleminates possibilty of entering it-no true knight would crawl in sewers.
"Then i just gonna try the house then" Says he more to himself,then to anyone else, and then just equips his helmet, and approaches door, in a hope it's not locked.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:25 pm

But it is, and the wood groanes softly as you try to open it. Instantly you hear hushed voices and quiet commotion on the other side, before a brutish voice calls out you.

'Who's there?'
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:14 am

"Damnit!"
Zekic's plan ended there, however after a minute of silnce he replies.
"I am sent here on orders of city guard, in interest of resolving a murder. Open you'r door now!"
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:08 pm

"The city guard, eh?" the voice answers, not really sounding surprised or alarmed. "But of course, just a moment please."

The commotion inwards continues for a couple of seconds, then everything goes quiet. Nobody opens.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:29 pm

"Damnit!" zekic say's one more time, then goes away..
He makes sure one more time that nothing from his appearence would give him or his order away, and then just slams the door with all force he could.

OOC:IMO door would need to be really strong to hold of exceptionally strong person's with heavy armor slam.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

The door resists your first attempt, but barely. When you throw your weight against the door for the second time, it bursts open and you stumble into the house. Only darkness awaits you, and you hear nothing.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

Zekic decides to not waste time to get torch, and he rushes to search for anyone left, he doesnt draw sword yet, but keeps his one hand on handle.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm

The few rooms of the house are searched within moments. It appears that no one is here.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 pm

"There must be some sort of way they escaped.."
Zekic goes outside and calls knight who was standing there, the knight is clearly surpirsed by a look of broken door
"Go to house, search for anything suspicious most notably try to find some sort of secret exit, if someone ask's what happened here tell them that some thieves were in house, and i tryed to catch them.. i am going to get a torch"

Zekic then says to other knights in comanding voice.

"One of you open sewer entrance and get in, and stop anyone coming by it, others search area around the house for any secret entrance"

Before any of knights says anthing Zekic rushes in town for torch, and soon comes back eager to hear if knights found anything.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:19 pm

The knights turn up with no results. The sewers go on for a long way, and there are no secret entrances your knights can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Murder Investigation   IC-Scene: Murder Investigation Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Murder Investigation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next