An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Crusader Kings II topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 am

Im just looking forward to the converter to be done. It's done by the same people who did EU3 to V2, so it will be fully compatible with the later conversion. Leading a nation from 1066 to 1925 anyone?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 am

Ser Varys wrote:
Victoria II is an amazing game, however it takes forever to get into. CKII is still my absolute favourite, though.

I just couldn't micromanage my people well enough.

Need Sword of Islam too.

View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Sword of Islam is quite fun. I had to finally abandon my Seljuk Caliphate game with a succession crisis that didn't even make sense. I had people with positive 50 and greater relations threatening rebellion... there wasn't any major issue that I could tell, no demands, a normal inheritance, etc.

CKII is a great game from Paradox, but I have to give Europa Universalis III my vote for best. The CKII advances make me really excited for the great things they'll do with EUIV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Apparently the national leader system is being replaced by the CKII system, which should be interesting.

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

"Manny! Manny to the rescue!"
-The war cry of Baron Walter de Masny

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah EU3 is definitely my favourite, with something like 600 hours logged :S

Yes, EU4 has me excited already, I often play trading nations and the new trade system looks great, particularly the more intuitive blockades and naval aspects.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:13 am

I didn't know that they had said anything about EUIV...

There goes any productivity I might have had today!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:20 am

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:21 am

I hope as a game developer you've resolved to be just like Johan. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:32 am

If only I had the resources that Paradox has... oh the possibilities!

But yeah, we should be revealing more about our next one in November / December, and it is far more complex than VAA was (VAA was a test run, basically can we function as a team and release something, thereby proving the investment in money and time is worthwhile for something bigger).

Also is a management / tactical combat game which should be more up the street of many people here.

I'm currently taking 2 months out from game development to finish the Vinland book though (also explains why I am a little more active here at the moment, heh).
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:34 am

Man, in that game the Dutch Republic would shine indefinitely and rule the world!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:13 am

That would require the Dutch Republic forming. The Spanish, Austrians, French, English and, well, any one of a half-dozen German principalities get to have a say in that. Wink It is pretty fun to play the Netherlands semi-historically though. That is, not trying to gobble up anything in Europe but to take as much as possible over-seas.

I just love doing wonderful a-historical things, like the Ottomans conquering Rome, making France the bastion of Orthodox Christianity.... conquering Castille as the Aztecs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah i've taken over all the Americas with The Netherlands not owning more than The Netherlands in reality. Also played as Norway to take North East Canada (Vinland Razz)

My favourites are maintaining the status quo though, the battles are interesting as they are always balanced, and it really ramps up the difficulty when you export to Victoria 2... my favourite being a game as Prussia where Austria managed to take over the whole of Russia Smile Those were some EPIC battles.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:24 am

I've never seriously exported. I tried a game of Vicky (I cheated far too much) to HoI 2, but it was glitchy and I couldn't actually play it.

I've always wanted to export an EU:Rome game to CK though. It seems like it would be the easiest one with all the characters and 'duchies' already in the game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 am

Actually the EU3 to V2 converter is incredible; http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?490709-EU3toVic2-Vic2toHoi3-Converter-Project

And the CK2 to EU3 progresses nicely, though its not really usable just yet; http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587798-The-CK2-To-EU3-Converter-Project
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:44 am

EU IV's release and all the new CKII DLCs have made me think a lot about this thread.

So I started a custom character in Viking age Bavaria. I used the customization pack to mess up history and chose to be an upstart Buddhist king, and my goal is to expand my dynasty (I'm not Karling) and religion as much as possible before being crushed by the inevitable Crusaders/Mongols/Aztecs/Jomsvikings.

Interesting things have happened. I befriended Karlmann Karling, who became a Buddhist, so after his father died he took over East Francia and we became BFFs, constantly repelling Christian revolts and independent vassals. This was really game changing since we can't marry infidels.

Right now my daughter is married to his son and I'm waiting to see what happens when both of us die. Our children might strive for a Holy Buddhist Roman Empire of sorts.

I'm really playing this only to convert to EU IV in 1444, to play in a messy, multicultural, and fragmented Europe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusader Kings II topic   

Back to top Go down

Crusader Kings II topic
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4