Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Breakfast with a Griffon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

IC-Scene: Breakfast with a Griffon Empty
PostSubject: IC-Scene: Breakfast with a Griffon   IC-Scene: Breakfast with a Griffon EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:49 pm

[OOC: This is copied from the PMs by which we played out the conversation. To make it clearer who is speaking, Iskar is in blue and Sir Kamos in red.]

When Sir Kamos arrived at the Clarion Hall and told his name to the ranger guarding the gate to the courtyard the latter was quickly opened and Sir Kamos was led over the courtyard into the Clarion Hall itself. Iskar greeted him in the high-ceiled entrance hall, the walls of which were decorated with large banners displaying a single fleur-de-lys, the symbol of the Silvermist. Some of the banners displayed a green fleur-de-lys on white ground, others a golden one on green ground and yet others were halved, displaying each of the colourings on one side. As Iskar told him on the way up the stairs to the officers' assembly room, the green on white referred to the original rangers, while the gold on green was an homage to the Clarion Call's former coat of arms.

Upstairs a large oaken table with high-backed chairs around it had been prepared for breakfast.

I'm afraid you will have to help yourself to whatever you like, he said with a smirk. I deemed it sensible not to have servants around for our conversation. They seem to like talking a bit too much.

Sipping his tea he finally turned to the actual subject.

I have to admit we have not made too much progress until now. At least we were able to get the temple and the merchant guild on our side in order to calm the population. Our rangers patrolling around the city walls are intercepting any unathorised messengers, but they haven't found anything of interest by now. Neither has Quigfen's list of the customers who have bought Noldor arrows in the past few months revealed much. There was only one slight lead in Rane and some of our men are investigating it, but I honestly doubt tis will reveal much. One of my Clarion Call officers has had the sewers searched for possible hideouts, but there's nothing to be found either. As we guard the gates the assassins cannot have left the city yet and thus most likely hide in the slums that are far to big to completely search them. I have men posted in the taverns and inns that will report anything unsual and the red brotherhood has so far agreed to cooperate in this matter, but they have either not been willing or not been able to provide any useful information by now. I hope you have had better luck in the castle?

Sir Kamos scowled a bit in disappointment. His own leads had thus far been unfruitful as well.

Sadly I was hoping you would have more information. I've got little to go on myself as well. Some castle gossip, a few brigands in the prison, some splattered blood and.. he sighs an angry horse I suppose.
Shrugging he said Out of all that only my inspection of the blood near the Dukes quarters turned up anything seemingly useful. It seems the assassins may have entered through the window. Or at least one may have left through such. I had also thought to question the more... unpleasant prisoners and see if they knew anyone who might be capable of such wet work but hadn't seen to it yet. At long hope but I must do something.

Obviously we are dealing with some very skilled hands with a rather clever head.

Have you looked for secret passageways, shifting walls, and so on in the castle? And what about the castle personnel: The servants, the guards, the officials. Are they all loyal and faithful to the duke or are there disgruntled elements that would at least be liable to bribing?

I have no indications of such. The blood to the window was so far the only major clue to their entry I've found, if there were secret passages they lived up to their name at this point. As for the staff I have no reason to believe so and with my primary duty to stand vigil by the Duke and his family at all hours I can hardly interview everyone.

Would you then allow some of my men to do such investigations in the castle?

I suppose it could be allowed, your people are in charge of the investigation after all. However it must be said there are Gauntlets helping with the guard. I don't suspect there will be any trouble but it's worth noting. At the moment I've left them to the patrolling the courtyard since I don't entirely trust all their members. After all it would only take a few rogue elements to cause mischief unchecked.

Very well. I will notify you of any possible breakthrough in our investigations in the future and hope you'll do the same. Is there anything else you'd like to talk about?

No I believe that is all that can be said. I'll make sure to send anything interesting I come across.

Well, then let us hope the coming days will be more fruitful. I will soon send some men to the castle or perhaps lead the investigations there myself. I must ask you to excuse me now. As you certainly understand, there is much to be done. Thank you for your time, Sir Kamos.
Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Breakfast with a Griffon
Page 1 of 1