Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Front Lines (IC)

Go down 
+3
Slopsen
MordKaiser87
Sir Aranor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

The Front Lines (IC) Empty
PostSubject: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:14 pm

(Takes place after negotiations)
As they see their Grandmaster talking to Redsword and Tenorio, the knights start to chatter amongst themselves.

OOC: Ok guys this thread will just be filler while the IC scene and the investigation goes on.

Last edited by Sir Aranor on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:33 pm

The morning was getting warmer, the sun rising slowly behind on the battle line of knights as they sweated under layers of cloth padding and steel plate. Already the men were on edge. In the distance they could make out the banner of the grandmaster and Chancellor Darlion of the Griffions. Just beyond them the colors of Duke Redsword, and the crimson banners of the traitor Tenorio's Red Dawn. Tenorio, what Varis wouldn't give to be the one who would send that man on his way to face final judgement.
"This is taking too long," said Brother Andreas from behind, "I'm sure the bastard heretics would have surrendered by now, especially in the presence of the Griffons."
"Misguided as they are our fallen brothers believe they are fighting for a cause greater than Pendor," Varis chided, "for them to surrender would be unthinkable, it's if we have to put down the rest of the city along with them which is the issue."
Andreas pulled up beside the captain, "the whole of Javiksholm? Surely we haven't fallen this far into madness," he exclaimed.
Varis thought of Brother Mattias, Squires Isal, Uldine and the rest among the ranks who were of Ferdsvain Reach. The impact of possibly moving against a city that most of the order called home...
Keeping in mind the good people of the land, and the city which once welcomed the Dawn when all others cast them aside, Varis prayed to the heavens. "Asterea, in all justice and mercy spare the innocent from the wilt of corruption. For if they have sinned against you I beg of you forgiveness, for they know not what they have done."
Words given, Varis took a moment for the goddess to hear his prayer. He then turned his horse back down the line, giving orders to Andreas to hold position in his stead.
"May I know where you will be," the knight asked.
"With Brother Wolfarmin if he can be found," he responded, already out of earshot from Andreas.
In truth Varis couldn't stand looking at the walled city any longer.

(//NINJA EDIT!)

Last edited by MordKaiser87 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 1:46 am

Sir Fabien was with Wolfarmin, leader of the Dawn charge.

"I sure hope that Darlion and Aranor know what they are doing, what do you think Wolfarmin?"
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 5:03 am

On the verges of the northern walls Merzinas halts and the squires quickly pan out in the hidden shadow of the hill. The Griffon Captain and personal retinue see the force arrive, and with a quick nod, trot back to ready his own force. The squires toil away to erect the pyres and line up the horses, all withing minutes. Merzinas galloped up and down the line in frustrated anticipation. A lone dot careened around from southern side.

Rays of light began etching over the horizon, Merzinas held up his arm, the hornblower raised the signal horn.

"STOP THE ASSAULT! STOP THE ASSAULT!!!"

Merzinas' fingers twitched slowly, the signalmen took a long deep breath, placed his lips on the horn.

"STOP THE ASSAULT! STOP THE ASSAULT!!!"

Merzinas snapped his gaze to the galloping messenger. He stared at the white faced man racing towards him. Merzinas growled at the message, his teeth ground together and his fingers continued downward subtly. Merzinas looked back at the first ray of light as it hit him full in the chest, blinding him in the golden light. Spots danced in his eyes as the warmth entered his body. He saw the Dawn insignia stripped across the squires chest. Merzinas lowered his arm slowly with fist closed, the signalman lowered the horn. Suddenly the sun peaked over the hill, all the squires glared at their proxy commander expecting the signal to attack.

The messanger dashed up to Merzinas panting and coughing and reined in his horse.

"Explain yourself, now." Merzinas murmured menacingly

"The Red Dawn knew we were coming, Redsword met us under a flag of truce, and Darlion caved in to all his demands and is entering the city - "

"WHAT!?" Shouted Merzinas, kicking his horse into full gallop as he raced back towards the camp

"Tell the Griffons what in the hell is happening" he bellowed back to the dumbfounded squires. He kicked Lantre into full gallop as she sped back around to the Dawn camp, the startled messenger racing to keep up.

"
He's ENTERING the CITY!? To what, have a little fucking peek around? What kind of fool enters his enemies stronghold? How is this stupid bastard the grandmaster of an ORDER? USELESS GRIFFON BRICKHEADS!."

Merzinas rushed around the bend and saw the full army ... standing in front of the city walls. His hands went white and his arms started shaking. The squire drew up to him straining to hear the hissed words:
"Why is the entire army just standing in front of the city"

"W-w-well the plan was -"

"THE PLAN WAS TO ATTACK AT DAWN" screamed Merzinas

Merzinas charged down the hill into the rough circle looking on to the exchanging commanders, staying mounted he stopped to breathe, the enraged breaths where amplified by his helmet making an uncomfortable sound.

He hissed out again, to whoever would listen:
"Who decided to change our entire strategy in the last two hours without telling half the army, who decided walk up to their walls in broad daylight, who decided to halt the attack because the enemy commander doesn't want to and so help me gods if that useless Griffon gets himself stuck inside that city I will leave him there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfarmin
Knight
Wolfarmin

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Yes, Fabien, I do believe in the capablilities of our Commander and Darlion. I'm sure they will get the job and this siege will finally be over. I just hope we are able to see action soon the men and myself are becoming tired of waiting.

Pausing for a second

Knowing the Red Dawn i'm fairly sure they will not back down, niether will Aranor and that I am positive of but Darlion is another story. I know little of his character and being a man of the king I doubt he will...... show mch enthusiasim if we felt the need to strom the walls and subdue a noble lord.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:43 am

"I truly wish that we can get this over with. The other orders loom over us as we fight this petty squabble. A traveler in Kulum told me yesterday about a Snake Cult invasion in Cez. We should be there! Assisting our brothers! But instead we have to deal with these petty fights!"

Fabien looks towards his squire Extor.

"What do you think squire?"
Back to top Go down
Belethor
Page
Belethor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:44 am

OOC: Okay so i probably should have made my account name Belethor since thats my characters name sorry if that caused confusion.

IC: Belethor ponders for a moment, and then gives his response to Sir Fabien
"I wish for this to end soon as well. This investigation inside the city is pointless, didn't we gather all the information we needed? But if Sir Aranor thinks this is what must be done i support him."

Last edited by Extor on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:51 am

"The lord of this city was Sir Aranor's childhood guardian. He doesn't want to come to blows with him most likely. And Aranor took our losses at Veccavia to heart. He doesn't want to lose more men over senseless killing. He probably thinks that the siege can be avoided."

Sir Fabien looks to see some knights leaving the battlefield, heading south.

"Rivalin sent for some help down south. I wonder what's happening down there."

Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:07 am

Sir Fabien rides over to the New Dawn commander, Sir Roderick.

"Sir Roderick, how do you feel about the siege? Do you think that Aranor's parley was wise?"
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyTue May 08, 2012 7:28 pm

Sir Thaddeus finally marches out of the Ebony Gauntlet tent clad in rusty armor, another gauntlet is next to him, struggling to support his massive weight.

"Sir, do you think you should be walking after that?"

"Nonsense! I am ready for anything!"

"But did you have to go out clad in that old heavy armor?"

"Shush! Where is Sir Aranor?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:34 am

A passing squire of the Dawn looks at Thaddeus, noticing the rusty armor, and then says.

"He's holding a meeting in the main camp with his advisers."

Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:10 pm

Sir Thaddeus begins limping towards the main camp, his compadre obviously suffering the consequence of holding him.

"Sir, why do we have to do this?"

"Why? Why? The mission was a disaster! 30 Gauntlets dead! Laralthir! Dead!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Daedr0th wrote:
Sir Thaddeus begins limping towards the main camp, his compadre obviously suffering the consequence of holding him.

"Sir, why do we have to do this?"

"Why? Why? The mission was a disaster! 30 Gauntlets dead! Laralthir! Dead!"

(OOC: Hey Thaddeus as per the prisoner exchange we agreed upon with Earl Redsword, we got all your guys back. They are all still alive. Laralthir is still MIA. Please post next in this thread- https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t289p120-the-camp-of-the-dawn-ic)
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:13 pm

[OOC: As far as I got it, you got those back that survived the tavern. Many were killed in the fight.]
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

[OOC: I remember you sending in 50 Gauntlets, and you only got 16 prisoners back and maybe four escaped. I thought you guys were aware of this.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) EmptyWed May 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Woah. I sent in 29 guantlets plus you. Im not exactly sure about the exact numbers. (of wounded I mean)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Front Lines (IC)   The Front Lines (IC) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Front Lines (IC)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Infighting (Dawn)-
Jump to: