Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Event Strategy Discussion

Go down 
+2
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

Event Strategy Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyWed May 02, 2012 1:47 am

Currently our strategy is this:

The Legion and Silvermists must keep the Snake Cult on the beach until the Silvermist main force arrives. (Silvermists just generally harass the Cultists, and the Shadow Legion is now charging the Amalan Legionaries.) The commanders can only hope, however, that Psychozoa(and soon Lucius) can capture Cez back with the Duke.

Ideas? Opinions? Voice them out, please!
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyWed May 02, 2012 6:53 am

I'm doing my best in the City, when I get the troops of Kyrus Dux we can swarm them easily. I think we outnumber them.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu May 03, 2012 1:03 am

Oh, do you?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu May 03, 2012 2:23 am

nothing wrong with thinking...
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:01 am

Keep in mind, though, that both sides are quite distracted. If they move out with all their forces, they might be able to catch off smaller groups of the enemies and dispatch them, so that they will have an easier fight against the main force.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Still marching. I am learning that marching into increasingly poor weather makes roads seem to drag on forever....
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:04 am

Now it would be a good time to ask: if given the choice, what would you prefer, strategically? Should we face the snakes on the field, or should we, given the opportunity, gather our ~2000 army in and make it exclusively an urban battle?

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:45 am

Snakes will make their move in the next post. Barricades can only hold them for so long.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu May 10, 2012 4:57 am

Urban battle would be the wisest choice; however there are still Marcus and Saeros to be rescued from the forest, so it has to be a field battle / ambush.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:04 pm

Seems that the grandmaster predicts correctly.

The only real question? Is Laisha choosing the best decision given the circumstances or is she, in her ignorance, behaving rashly? I choose to believe the former. Then again, I'm biased.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 pm

I think you are behaving like it can be expected (bad weather, huge snake cult army, first command of a big battle, no other leader around). Everyone would be confused/nervous...

to be honest: you can't see anything so can't say or do much other than prepare...
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm

All we can hope is that Laisha is cautious.

Immerse in Laisha's character, and find out what she would do in a battle like this. Is she intelligent? Cautious? Or is she rash and eager by nature?
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:28 am

Last time I tried that, I ended up stuck in her head for a week. Scary times....

Anyway, I won't spoil anything. Though I think reasonable guesses as to why she acts are in order.

It does look like three hundred men are liable to scare the crap out of my reserves, though.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:34 am

Remember Theo had a clarion blown, so that might give you some direction...
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:23 am

Good point, though can I hear that which has not been explicitly stated I hear?

...Of course, it stands to reason I heard it.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 am

It does indeed!

Now...

It's your job to become immersed in this story. Do so, WRITE, and KILL THOSE CULTISTS. Or do you intend to let us do the work for you? Again? <.<
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 am

I'll have to talk to Pravenstern about that, since I didn't want to blow it just yet. It blew our cover in the woods (pun intended).
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:33 am

Lady Laisha has heard the sounds of several horns that day. The horns of SC to be precise. One new horn is not anything special.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 am

Well, it is a Clarion Call horn, so basically a clarion, not a horn (the terminology is a bit ... wrong here). The mounted rangers have clarions with them as their unique signal (or so we have roleplayed so far when it came to using them).
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:39 am

Iskar wrote:
Well, it is a Clarion Call horn, so basically a clarion, not a horn (the terminology is a bit ... wrong here). The mounted rangers have clarions with them as their unique signal (or so we have roleplayed so far when it came to using them).
Ok, then. Do you any info on how far away a sound from one of those can be heard? And Theo doesn't have Clarion Calls with him at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:47 am

They might have left some of their clarions with him for signalling purposes. Your call, unless Theo has anything else to say about it.

Clarions were generally used as signal trumpets by the military so their range would be sufficiently high to sound over a not too big battle field. However, the rain and the fact that it has been blown in the forests would dampen the sound, certainly.

Yet, as Laisha is moving towards the beach anyway, it does not really matter, since the army could barely pass the woods between the hinterland and the beach without encountering Theo's forces.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 10:33 am

being who he is, he always has an assistant with a bag full of things (of the sort I've improvised in the Laria event): coins, wooden sticks, small rope, oil, caltrops, etc.

since this is a major battle, one can assume he has more serious things: one or two horns, two white flags (one for peace signal, one for making a fake banner), silvermist flag, content for a couple of fire (signal) arrows, one or two whistles, a longer rope, some bandages, ink, paper and writing cloth.

I'll post something.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 am

After that list, this is all that comes to mind.

...It helps that I read that last night, of course.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Ah yes, good old tvtropes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Strategy Discussion   Event Strategy Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Event Strategy Discussion
Page 1 of 1