Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Noldor, and Noldor lore

Go down 
+5
Tubby McChubbles
Laisha
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
Saeros
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Sure he's about the unity, but the pointy ears are infiltrating the royal court! As your duty to defend humanity's last bastion of hope, you must free the king from the boy scouts' control!

heh. Sounds like a bad rpg plot
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Control? What control?

Quickly hides the puppet strings.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 2:30 am

What about the Sindari? are they extinct?

They say something else survived when that island sunk, so one ship of sindari could also have survived?

I am bored and just started a story about a Sindari finding the Noldor on Pendor... lots of hatred and shady murders. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:28 am

If the Sindari ever went anywhere, they would decimate anything and anyone. They are supposedly uber magical creatures with near endless pools of magic from where to draw the power from. They could basically drown the Royal Army in a sea of fire.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 4:31 am

Well they could have lost much of their powers when that Island sunk? (Just like in J.R.R. Tolkiens 'the silmarillion')

What I gather from their history posted on the taleworlds forum they looked exactly like the Noldor. (same race, obviously)
thus why not make a few, who are even more secluded than the Noldor.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:42 am

The Noldor were actually once slaves to the Sindari, using the scraps of magic they had learned from their masters to live long lives etc.

But then the thing happened, and the Noldor left - voluntarily, their remnants settling in Pendor instead, having preserved only scraps of the scraps of Sindari magic. Sindari kept their magic, and they still exist.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:48 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
The Noldor were actually once slaves to the Sindari, using the scraps of magic they had learned from their masters to live long lives etc.

But then the thing happened, and the Noldor left - voluntarily, their remnants settling in Pendor instead, having preserved only scraps of the scraps of Sindari magic. Sindari kept their magic, and they still exist.

what I read on the taleworlds forum, written by SD, is that the Noldor were the Elves born without magic.
Thus being the same, just non-magical, and were servants and stewards to the Sindari.

War broke out between the Sindari and Adalvain (by order of the Oracle) took thousand Noldor (unnoticed) and left their home.
So they are Elves, and the magic of Adalvain comes from the Oracle.

The Elven home sunk into the sea, and I only read about a dark essence surviving it.. now a powerfull being as a sindari should have visited Pendor if they had survived. (seeing as Lord Gaelrandir travelled by ship to these lands before, suggesting that they did travel outside of their own Island and thus making it possible they would not be such a secret in current time)
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:50 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:

Avaldain brought a giant amount of Noldor with him to Pendor.

The Sindari had a giant war between the noble houses and destroyed the island and themselves.

Aeldarian carved out a kingdom for himself and his half-elf sons. The Noldor use their remaining magic to shroud Elacrai, and to enchant their weapons.

Sindari still exist.

What I think happened is that Azi Dahaka cast a spell on them, to put them to sleep while she tries to bend them to her will. They have escaped, which is why they on Amala.

Speculation of course.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:52 am

Sir Aranor wrote:

What I think happened is that Azi Dahaka cast a spell on them, to put them to sleep while she tries to bend them to her will. They have escaped, which is why they on Amala.

yes! this is what I was looking for! Sindari on Amala.

though I wonder, since it is said that Noldor come with the heir to amala.
Will the sindari become hostile when seeing their former family/servants that deserted/betrayed them? Smile

And what about a Noldor companion? will Lethaldiran accompany the heir? or will there be a new one? or none?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 am

All I know is that I want to fight one.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:59 am

Same here.

[offtopic]
Somehow, I've gotten obsessed with becoming a Dawn Knight in my newest campaign in PoP..

[/offtopic]

It would certainly be interesting if the Sindari were divided - a portion attacked you in sight, while some of the others could be persuaded to become allies. But I don't think that such things are possible, unless you somehow create several Sindarin factions as the noble houses and some make them become allies with eachother.

Still, I want to fight one.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noldor, and Noldor lore   Noldor, and Noldor lore - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Noldor, and Noldor lore
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2