Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!

Go down 
+12
Centurion1
Saeros
Hetzau
Fidelity
DiabloDude
Kamos
Iskar
Aldric of Marleons
Knight Silaric
Curanthir
Pravenstern
Azlanek
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:27 am

Aldric raises his hand to speak again. But this time he stays in his seat and calmly looks at Bromr.

You misinterpret everything I said Sir Bromr. You twisted everything I said with such hatred for the Noldor. I did not say we will let the Noldor burn our cities or destroy this great nation. If they were that dishonorable and barbaric, then we have every right to fight them. But they are not. And I did not say we are to bow our heads and let the Noldor rule us. I only said we are to give them our trust, so that we can gain theirs. We must respect them, so they can respect us. The Noldor and Humans are vastly different in their qualities.Not one is greater than the other. Not one should rule over the other. And I never said that it was we who started the fight. I actually do not know who started the fight between the Noldor and Humans. And at this point, it doesn't matter. If we are given a chance to stop we should take it so no gets hurt between this fight again. I might not understand, but I can tell the Noldor his wronged you. I do not know of your past but I can tell that maybe the Noldor has killed your friends or your family. But let me give you something to think about. What if the fight between the Noldor and Humans never begun? What if the Noldor didn't killed your family or friends because of that?

He calls over a servant and orders a cup of wine. The servant brings the cup of wine to Aldric and Aldric takes a sip while looking at Bromr.

Last edited by Aldric of Marleons on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:00 am

Iskar raised his hand.

As much as I thank you for your calm and wise reply to words drenched in resentment, Aldric, I must say that this is not the place and time to discuss such things. The hour has grown late and there are duties to attend to.
You two can further your discussion in a tavern later, if you like, but now please let us listen to what His Serene Highness has to say to conclude this meeting.

Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:27 am

OOC: That was Sir Bromr, not Mat. Anyhow, all you guys are no fun to talk to for a while. I have never seen anyone but the Eventide and the Gauntlets get angry in court...

"If the fight had never begun, then this would have never happened. But it is to late to change what has happened in the past, no? The battle has been going on forever, and no matter what the highborn lords say, whatever they negotiate, the people will not sway. Even now, if you went out and asked a townsman if he trusted the Noldor, the answer would be predominantly no. The High King Mordred has declared that the Noldor are allies, and yet do you see anyone taking them into their houses, anyone trading with them? That is not because they have wronged me, it is because they have wronged the people of Pendor." He trailed off.

"None is better... Bah, and that explains their constant arrogance, their need to control..." he muttered to himself. Mat had sent him to listen, not get into arguments with the others.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 6:10 am

A loud clatter came from Sir Ibram's seat, his plated fist rising and falling monotonously against the arm of his chair in assent and approval of the Gauntlet's words, clearly disgruntled and in one of his typical moods. Deigning it a waste of energy to even rise from his seat, his voice rumbles free.

"The first damned decent thing to come out of the Ebony's mouth, I say. You layabouts can dance diplomatically around the subject as much as you please, but the Noldor are suspects, and if that extends to those within the city-limits in possession of their arrows, then Quigfen and his lot can bugger off back to their forests. It's as the Gauntlet says, it would be an unfortunate diplomatic mess if a street mob lynched one of the tree-lovers in the streets, or if one accidentally had their head removed for wandering too closely to the castle, His Grace, or his family." Turning to the Noldor's representative with a superior sneer, the Griffon Knight poses a question riddled with subtle accusation. "After all, what reason does the half-breed have to linger under the same roof as His Grace?"

At last his attention comes to rest on his superior, his marshal, harrumphing contemptuously as he crunches his hand down atop his plated thigh, slowly straightening in his chair.

"Spare a few men? If we were sent here to guard the Duke and instead now are being retasked to lesser deeds, why even bother? Let the upstart popinjay orders scurry through the streets and stumble through the forests. That is not our perogative. One retainer out there means one less gap filled here. As I see it... you're detracting from our standing orders, marshal."
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 7:26 am

Your concern is reasonable and believe me when I say I will exercise the utmost caution when giving such an order.

But, between ourselves and the castles standing compliment we have more than enough men to cover every known gap for the castle Sir Ibram. We will not be guarding the streets outside the castle.
Finding the assassins is every bit as important to the defense of the Duke as keeping them away so if it be we will do what we must do to assure this issue is kept under control. Furthermore I will only be sending a handful retainers, only if requested, all Knights will be very close to the Duke and his family.

We are guardians of the highest ability and if our Knights couldn't protect the Duke then I doubt anyone
could. Or would you disagree with that?

But this is hardly a courtly issue. We can discuss it later if you like.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 6:46 am

“Enough!” thunders the Duke, his formerly so kind of passionate voice now filled with suppressed rage, as he rises and turns towards Sir Ibram. “This half-blood, as you call him, Sir, is a personal friend of mine and has in all the years I have known him, never abused my trust! I will not see him insulted in my court, nor accused of vile crimes without proof. Now hold your tongue! Its insolence poisons my ears.”

Duke Alamar takes a deep breath, obviously trying to regain his countenance. He turns to his wife. The Duchess smiles reassuringly at her husband, soothing him with her eyes where words would have been inappropriate. Those present can see almost watch how the tension flows out of the Duke's body. All the while Quifgen himself remains quiet and serene. He does neither seem offended by Sir Ibram's words, nor does he seem to enjoy the scolding the knight had just received.

“Now, I thank all of you for your council,” Alamar went on. “Wise words were indeed spoken today and I believe that through them, we will be able to overcome this challenge, but only if we work together. Despite of what I have heard of your orders recent misdeeds, I will respect your personal interest in this matter and allow you to take part in the investigation of my city's underworld. Keep in mind though, that the Silvermist rangers still are in charge; their new brothers know Laria well and no doubt will prove invaluable during your hunt for the truth. I expect both orders to put their differences aside. Make no mistake, Knight of the Ebony Gauntlet. What I give you and your comrades is a chance, nothing more. Should I find out that you are causing trouble, or withholding information you might come by, I will not hesitate to expel you from my holdings. I hope I have made myself clear.”

“I also agree that we must send word to the Noldor. They might have information vital to this matter, and in respect of the established peace, I consider it to be my duty to let them now what has happened here. Sir Caranthir, I want you to put together a small group and send them to Elacrai. Find out what you can and report back as soon as possible. I will provide mounts and spare horses for you, so that you might travel swiftly. It is also my wish that you take my son Quentin and a few of his trusted men with you. I am sure they will learn a lot from you, and maybe in return will be able to each you a think or two about mounted archery as well. Have your men ready by noon.”

“Which brings me to my last wish. The assassins themselves are not the only thread we have to deal with. Even though they may have failed in their initial task, the repercussions might pose an equal threat, not only to myself and my family but the whole city. My people are afraid, and fear is a powerful tool in the hands of those who know how to use it. I have already received numerous reports that scared and angry people are beginning to flock together, incited by agitators to take matters into their own hand. We need to react soon, otherwise we might have a riot on our hands.

Therefore, I have made preparations for a small parade to take place tomorrow. We will gather together at Laria castle. From there, we will travel over the great market and head towards the western gate to set our messengers to the Noldor safely on their way. This will give the people of Laria the chance to see that actions are taken to resolve the situation, as well as allowing them to see the respected knights hailing from the marches up close."

The Duke turns towards the Knights of the Griffon.

“I will personally take part in this, and this is not up to discussion. I will not hide behind the castle walls. My people need to see that I am not hiding behind my walls, otherwise it will just be used by evil tongues to justify the fear and anger in the peoples hearts. I am fully aware that this will not make your job any easier, but please understand why I see myself forced to do this. My own men already have received their orders for tomorrow, but I would be grateful, if the Griffon organized whatever help the orders are willing to provide to ensure the safety of the event.”

He pauses, carefully scanning the faces of the crowd, his own emotions once again hidden behind frozen features.

"It is rather late already, and I am sure we are all tired. Therefore, I will leave you to your affairs now. Should the leaders of the orders still think that there are other matters and questions that needed to be discussed, they can find me in my study. Otherwise I bid you a good night. May the gods be with us.”

And with that the Duke and his family departed. The nobles of the Valorshield marches, mumbling among themselves, slowly began to pour out of the audience hall. Soon, the knight's representatives were on their own.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am

Iskar rose, saluted, gathered his men and left for the Clarion Hall.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Bromr stared at Quigfen for a few seconds. He's to damned tranquil, he thought. This won't get me anywhere. "Very well, Duke Alamar" He rose, then left the room, heading towards the tavern. "Iskar, go to the tavern. I'll leave men there to go with you in your search."
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 am

Caranthir rose and walked towards the door, "I will be in the Chapter house here overseeing the investigation."
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:30 am

Sir Kamos rose, nodded to those present and head further into the castle.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:36 am

Sir Azrael stood and gave a small bow, before following his superior out of the chamber.
Back to top Go down
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:26 am

Sir Aldric yawned and got up. He nodded his head at everyone who was still present at the hall and walked out.
Back to top Go down
Knight Silaric
Page
Knight Silaric

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Sir Orlando, realizing the discussion had ended, and noticing his fellow knights leaving the hall, slowly rose out of his seat and glanced around the room. With a sigh, he made his way towards the exit, waving towards Quigfen as he passed him, and leaving the room with a very reserved looks to him.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:33 am

Day 1

The night is over quickly for those among you who have the luxury of being able to sleep this night. Others, trusted with patrol and guard duties or already in the middle of the investigation find time to progress soul-sappingly slow, as if some higher force was mocking you for your eagerness to fulfil your sworn duty to the kingdom.

But finally dawn arrives and the city awakes with the first shafts of sunlight breaking clear of the looming grey clouds. A strong wind blows from the east, pushing the dark clouds mercilessly towards the the woods. The parade seemed to be ill-fated right from the start.

As the first peasants from the surrounding villages began pouring into the city, they carry with them some dire news. Another caravan has been raided, this time one coming from Ethos. The few survivors claim a rogue knight known as Ivan the Terrible to be responsible. The people of Laria have no trouble believing this, since this brigand was a scourge to the marchlands ever since the war that unified Pendor and so far the Duke's men had not so much as gotten close to capture him.

Today, the city had other its mind, though. The streets were bustling with activity as the western main road is prepared for the parade. At almost every house people are busy with hanging up pennants and banners. Other servants unload several wagons full of flower arrangements or set up improvised shelter from the rain in form of oiled cloth stretched on poles. The preparations proceed as planned. Everything should be ready by noon.

The day has been launched.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:55 am

The morning goes by quickly. Your knights and rangers, like the common people of Laria, are kept busy with making the necessary preparations and organizing the precautions your leaders had agreed upon. Soon everything is ready, and, as it turns out, just in time.

Laria's famous clarion call echoes through the streets as the Duke descends from Deloria Castle at the head of the parade. Beside him ride the heroes of Laria; Caranthir and Zero from the Silvermist Rangers and Sir Orlando from the Order of the Griffon, surrounded by almost two dozen knights from both the Griffons and the former Clarion Call, proudly presenting their order's banners.

It follows the rest of the local nobility; lead by the Duke's two sons, Lord Fouchier and Lord Quentin Monash. Barons and lords ride ahead of knights and grey archers, in a bright mix of colours and heraldic animals.

The rest of the parade marches on foot, including the Duke's marching band, one of the finest in all of Pendor. The Duke's soldiers have formed a thin shield wall around the parade, boosted by Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet and additional Knights of the Griffon prepared to march ahead and search the buildings along the parade's route.

As soon as the parade reaches the market square, it is greeted by deafening cheers. Immediately the Griffon knights went to work, rushing ahead on both sides of the parade and beginning their inspections. The mounted Silvermist rangers nod at their comrades who have taken up position alongside the Duke's archers on the rooftops. They signal their readiness and continue to scan the crowd for suspicious activity.

The first half of the parade goes by without any incident. The Griffons march from house to house, but as the Silvermists before them, they find nothing suspicious, just common people with their children, waiting anxiously for the parade to get into sight. Some of the citizens get to close to the shield war, yearning to be as close to their heroes as possible, but they are quickly brought back in line with some harsh words and empty threats from the Duke's men. The situation on the rooftops is similar. A few times armed or even suspicious looking men are spotted within the cheering crowd, but none of these men reach for their weapons or participate in any suspicious activity as the parade passes by. Probably just mercenaries, figure the rangers. Your men remain tense. Their job is not an easy one, especially not with all the natural movement within the crowd.

The first real nuisance is introduced by a few, single raindrops falling from the sky and unto cobblestone of the streets, the first forerunners of the storm that has loomed over the city for the entire day. Within minutes it hits the parade with all its might. The sky opens up and starts pouring rain, while the wind gains in strength and begins to lash and tear at every piece of cloth it finds. The servants carrying the canopies of the procession suddenly struggle to keep the baldachins in place, while the numerous banners flutter in the wind with new-found haste.

Through the rain monitoring the crowd becomes much harder. It obscures your men's vision and Within minutes they are drenched. But they are the elite of the Realm, and it would take much more than wind and rain to keep them from fulfilling their duty and so they continue with stalwart determination. All the while the parade moves forward, the Duke waving smilingly at his loyal subjects and encouraging the heroes of the marches to do so as well.

Two more crossroads are passed without any incident. The city gates are close by now, but none of your men let down their guard. Yet, none of them see coming what happens next. It all happens very fast. On one of the rooftops, an archer of Duke Alamar suddenly shouts “Assassin!” and takes aim. His comrades do the same, and before anyone is able to react, five shafts hammer into the crowd. Terrified cries erupt everywhere. Knights shout orders and try to shield their lords from potential threats. The panicked crowd scatters in all directions. Within seconds, everything descends into chaos...
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:40 am

“Stupid royal archers, always doing everything so loud and making such a mess” was Theo's first thought.

Time was too tight to allow anyone to issue complicated orders. Seeing that the lords were covered by more knights than enough, Theo decided to do his part. In a mix of shouts and hand movements, he addresse the silvermists:

“Clarion knights, scatter and try to position yourselves on all exits. You are free to stop any suspect that tries to pass through.”.
“Rangers, stay alert for the assassins and attend to Iskar’s orders.”
“Squad, come quickly with me. We are hunting those men.”

The rangers promptly acknowledged the orders and repeated them to those too far away to hear the shouts.

At the same time, Theo and his squad moved quickly to the assassins general direction, jumping, climbing and running over the roofs. They were trying to better position themselves around the place where the arrows first hit, and have a better look from there. With luck, they would see the assassin and start chasing him around.

Azlanek: The Duke's men shot into the crowd. So towards whom are you moving? Please also clarify what people you want to shoot at, because I did not really understood what you meant by that^^°.

EDITED (rewritten, actually. Please read it one more time.)

Last edited by saerossaeros on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:17 am

After the first shock about the sudden happenings, suspicion rose in Iskar. "If I was the assassin, the best distraction I could wish for would be the chaos created by shouting 'Assassins'..." he thought. Seeing that Theo and his squad were already hurrying to investigate the alleged assassins, he shouted:

Do NOT open fire on the crowd, we do not want a bloodbath in the streets of Laria. Just protect the Duke and his family.

The rangers on the other rooftops repeated the orders so everyone was informed. Iskar turned to Cairngrove beside him.

Cairngrove, take a squad and arrest the archer who opened fire. I want to question him later.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 am

Sir Azrael swore, so much for a succesful parade. Without wasting another second he started giving orders to his men:

"12 of you, take positions in nearby corners and try to take the situation under control. Dont jump into the crowd unless necessary. Try to get the crowd to calm down. I and the rest of you scout the houses nearby on this side of the road in case an assassin has taken position in one of them."

The Griffon knights allow this to sink in before rushing to their respective missions.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:31 am

Sir Ibram, dreary and sombre throughout the parade, utterly indignant at such a secondary role suddenly pauses from his monotonous rotation orders. As the chaos rears its head, he raises a fist in approval of the timely response of the royal archers - or perhaps, merely the fact they have broken the lull in the stormy day. He comes to a halt and about-faces, roaring his orders to the knights behind him.

"Shields up, layabouts! Wedge formation!" He moves through his knights, taking up position at their head, waving them into an ad-hoc, rough-shod infantry wedge. "Into the crowd! Scatter the peasant dogs! If you see anyone with a weapon, take them down with a shield to the face! Rally to that bastard Duke!"

A heartbeat later he is churning his way towards the commoner crowds, ready to layabout himself with his shield and a fist and a howl on his lips.

Last edited by Hetzau on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 am

Caranthir began carefully watching the crowd

"Rangers," Caranthir whispered, "keep an eye out for any suspicious characters and take note of them, and if you must open fire, do it quickly and quietly to avoid more chaos, and whatever you do be sure of your target. I want no innocent casualties from my men."
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:28 am

Sir Kamos behind the main event doesn't fully grasp what is going on other than. None the less he kicks his horse into action directly for the Duke to offer another shield for his protection and help get him out of there. It would be a moment before he arrived however as troops scatter to their positions and peasants running everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Sir Mat Waves his hands at first platoon. Instantly they begin entering the buildings and climbing the walls. They do so peacefully but with force. They reach the roofs where they look down upon the crowd with crossbows at the ready in case of an enemies.

He then turs to Second platoon and barks a few short orders. THey rush up in front of the main party and lock shields, forming a riot control point. They do so simply in case of a riot or frontal attack.

Sir Mat finally turns to his command element and they rush to the aid and capture of those who were struck by the archers. Be they friendly or foemen they will be taken care of and brought in for questioning no matter how low and mean they may appear in status.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:57 pm

The Clarion call knights tried to secure the streets, but they had trouble getting through the shield wall of the duke's men, who where too confused and agitated to respond to barked orders in time.

Theo's men arrive quickly at the scene. The first arrows have hit a few people in pilgrim robes and hoods, the type of attire you can encounter throughout Pendor and that is often mistrusted by guards because it is often the disguise of choice for enemies who try so sneak their way into cities and castles. Two of the men are already dead when the rangers arrived. Another one lies groaning nearby, an arrow plunged into the shoulder. A last arrow had hit an innocent looking woman in the belly. She is weeping loudly. Her cries echo through the streets, together with the drumming of the rain.

Soon Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet approach, suggesting the wounded people are brought into custody after their wounds were treated.

Between Sir Azrael's soothing efforts and Sir Ibram's rash approach to dealing with the situation, little good was achieved and the crowd continued to shy away from the main street.

The various orders positioned himself to protect the procession. Houses were searched in all haste, eyes were scanning the streets, but nothing else happened. All the while Duke Alamar did not move, protected by a multitude of bodies and shields. Soon everything seemed to be under control again.

The Silvermist Ranger Cairngrove returns to give a report a few minutes later. The archers he was tasked to find hurried down from their rooftop immediately after the panic broke out. Cairngrove and his Rangers tried to catch up with them, but all they found were the discarded weaponry and tabards of the soldiers. Cairngrove suspects they fled by mingling with the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:20 am

When Iskar heard that the archers who started it all had deserted their position, even leaving their equipment behind, he was all the more worried.

Perhaps all this was meant to distract our attention from something else. With the Gauntlets and the Griffons down in the streets, we won't be needing the mounted rangers there. Tell them to move to the city gates immediately and stop anyone trying to leave. The mounted rangers patrolling outside the city have to be informed, too.
Also send one squad of rangers to Quigfens manor, one to the Clarion Hall, one to the castle and one to the temple. The remaining five squads are to concentrate on guarding the duke's return to the castle.
Back to top Go down
Knight Silaric
Page
Knight Silaric

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 5:00 am

Sir Orlando had called for the nearby Griffon Knights to make a formation around the Duke, as he swiftly made his way to the point, scanning his surroundings. They kept a pace and advanced the Duke cautiously, while hearing a few more arrows going into the crowd, and orders being told to troops all across the street. Upon hearing that the first squad, who had fired at the crowd alerting everyone of an assassin, left their gear behind, Sir Orlando was suspicious. He thought to himself that if they were rash enough to do such a thing, and then leave their gear behind, than perhaps they weren't the Duke's men. Those guards could have been spies, and are now hidden amongst the crowd, and possibly making their way to the Duke.

"Be weary men, if there are any assassins in this crowd, they'll be aiming right at the Duke. Keep your head on a swivel and take care in making a close observation of your surroundings!"

He needed to make sure the Knights guarding the Duke were focused and actively monitoring for any movement towards the Duke. He didn't completely believe that they were going to immediately aim for the Duke. If they had posed as guards just to stir up the crowd, it might very well be a tactic they are using to stir up commotion, and make even more civil unrest. If one thing was certain to Sir Orlando right now, it was that crowd control was just as important as catching alleged assassins.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!   Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mini-Event: Unrest in the East - Now Active!
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next