An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: The Riot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 pm

Sir Lucius looked visibly put out by the sudden disposal of the giant, but barked an order to his men who gathered instantly round him. The six hulking knights raised their shields and cautiously approached the fallen monstrosity, with the intention of knocking him out and dragging him back to their lines.

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

"Manny! Manny to the rescue!"
-The war cry of Baron Walter de Masny

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:03 am

Such is the fate of traitors and criminals, Iskar shouted through the metal cone, but then continued in a more conciliatory voice. Fetter him and take care of his wounds, see to it that you get the arrows out and bind the wounds up so he does not loose too much blood.

All the while speaking through the cone, so as to show the rioters that it was not their blood he wanted, he turned back to them after giving the orders:

I could have ordered my men to kill him, but I did not because you are not our enemies. You have been misled by evil conspirators that just use you for their plans. This uprising is destroying your very own homes and houses. Put down your weapons and do your bloody duty to this city - your home - by helping us to prevent a conflagration!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 am

Aelos and Osric had taken two separate positions amidst the groups of rioters, with Osric having the strict orders to agree and repeat everything Aelos would say. The sellsword he only knew as Brynden of Barclay, with his signature red pegasus on yellow, said the following,

"I think the executioner is right, we should retreat to our base of operations and discuss all of this with the initiators of this uprising."

"Whatya sayin' hiree?" one of the rioters remarked, obviously none of them was educated and were oblivious to the meaning of the sellsword's words, as those close to 'Brynden' turned towards him with confused eyes.

The man Osric knew as Brynden looked at him with a sharp nod and Osric openend his mouth. "We should go back to the strange guy who told those bad things and wanted us to burn and take arms against the traitor knights and the false Duke"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:00 pm

The giant, too preoccupied by his wounds, doesn't put up much resistance as the Ebony Gauntlets go up to him and promptly knock him out with a swift kick to the head.

Several rioters just ran off, seeing that the giant was shot down. The others looked bewildered

Near the rioters, one of the men said
"What the 'ell you talk'n 'bout, he's right there!"

He pointed a finger at the giant

Then they heard Iskar's words, some of them dropped their weapons,

Aelos heard some of them say things such as

"I've got to see my family!"

"My house might be burnin down!"

Some of the rioters changed sides right there, and started flinging dirt at the fires, trying to do everything to stop the fires they once started, alongside the militia they once cursed.

As the fire in the plaza started to quell, the sun's rays were creeping over the rooftops of Laria

Soon enough, a messenger in a Silvermist Tabard ran up to Iskar

"Constable! The Army has arrived at the Western gate, shall we direct them immediately here?

Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:09 pm

Iskar gave a relieved sigh and sent a silent prayer to Ullr Vetr and Eunomia Stabilitis all at once. He thanked the messenger for the good news and turned to his Clarion Call officer.

Lieutenant Colesey, take your men to the western gate, use your knights as officers to organise the force and have the militia forces deploy at the border of district 11. 400 of them are to advance through all streets in streetsweep formation, that is shields close and spear butts pointed out to scatter any remaining rioters. The other 100 will follow close behind with the wagons full of food we prepared at the Clarion Hall and the priests from the temple to offer help, food and consolation to the populace. 200 men will remain in the district when all is over to help with rebuilding houses.

Captain Breno, he continued towards the city watch captain, your men have sufficiently proven themselves tonight I should think and can leave the possible fighting with remaining rioters to our men. I would like your force to follow close behind the streetsweep with the buckets and take care of what fires remain. Try to motivate citizens to help you with that. Afterwards you can take command of 300 of our militia to help you patrolling the city.

Sir Kelren and me will go to the western gate, too, to take command of the halberdiers.

Sir Silnord, send the injured and the captured giant back to the Clarion Hall to attend to their wounds. Then lead the rangers to the castle and place them on roofs, walls and towers, so they can observe the whole scene.

Sir Lucius, your services were against all expectations somewhat welcome here, but our task is done now. You and your knights can return to your camp.

Without expecting answers he wheeled his horse and gave the sign to march off.

Some minutes later 500 spearmen stomped through the city, proudly showing the fleur-de-lys on their tabards and board shields. Clarion Call knights rode around the column to bring it into formation and soon a green and white wall advanced through the north-western districts.

Meanwhile Iskar and Sir Kelren arrived at the castle at the head of a regiment of halberdiers.

Organise the halberdiers into squads of 5 and have them reinforce the castle guards, he told Kelren while he dismounted. I need to see the duke at once.

With that he hurried off to ask for an audience.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 am

The militia follow your orders, and within two hours, the city is once again at peace.

The northern west districts are damaged, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Your troops, thanks to the comforts they offer, actually receive help from the populace, and are successful in clearing the streets.

Captain Breno, an experienced watch captain, is able to restore order to the rest of the city with the sufficient forces you have given him

Iskar arrive at the castle, and is led by the castle guards to the duke for his audience

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Riot   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: The Riot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3