An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 am

Hey, guys.

Seriously.

We're getting like, TOO MUCH, of these superhumans who run around full speed with a heavy suit of armour. Plus aren't cloaks supposed to be very cumbersome to run with? You'd trip over pretty fast.

EDIT-

Varis, you ninja'd me. I'm not talking about your character. And I'll apologize beforehand to anyone who thinks that my words are offensive or too straightforward for their taste.

Last edited by Marcus the Shadow Fighter on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:30 am

I was about to say Thrash, could you take 2 points off your stats, 5 is about the average for an Order member, 6 is for an exceptional member (read Grandmaster), while 7 is unheard of.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:31 am

Yea sorry I didnt know what the limit was. I will take one off sp the other off sk

Depends on the cloak I suppose. Cool

Last edited by Sir Thash Kor on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 am

How much does Mordred have?

Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:33 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
How much does Mordred have?
10 + WPs

Caranthir, Savan, Marcus, Lucius and Aranor have 7 each.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pravenstern on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 am

Sir Thash Kor wrote:
Yea sorry I didnt know what the limit was. I will take on off sp the other off sk

Depends on the cloak I suppose. Cool

Sorry was just going through then numbers, I exaggerated a little;
5-6 is average for an Order member, 7 is for an exceptional one (Grandmasters)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
MordKaiser87
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:38 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:

Varis, you ninja'd me. I'm not talking about your character. And I'll apologize beforehand to anyone who thinks that my words are offensive or too straightforward for their taste.

Lol if you we're i woulda been confuzzled b/c i was going thru the other stat posts made and going, i-uhhh-hhhmmm...I dont get it?? scratch
And I dont think its offensive, its like a loving father slapping a kid cuz hes eating too much cake.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:48 am

If I remember correctly Mordred has 6 WP and around 4 Skill and 6 Speed. This is without the bonus of Mettenheim armors and weapons (I'll post an update to the system soon).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aodh
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:56 am

Sir Aodh Master of the Stables of Sarleon:

WP: 4 (He is very tough from his long months as a Snake cult Captive)

SP: -1 (He is Crippled, but on his horse he is a 2 or 3, His horse is very strong and one of the best in Pendor, so this can change)

Sk: 2 (When it comes to pole arms on a horse, he gains 1)

These are all up to change and adjustment. The main thing is that he is ignores pain, and is a boss on his horse, but is crippled limiting his ground capabilities.

Any suggestions on changes would be happily accepted

[outdated]

Last edited by Sir Aodh on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:09 am

Seeing that the hardiest warriors we had so far have 3 wound points at most, I'd recommend toning that one down. A speed of three is already a lot and actually only achieved by people who really go for that, i.e. the assassin Varys or the leading Silvermists.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:54 am

I suggest that you just leave the extravagant plus and minus factors off. They will be very hard to implement correctly.

Sir Aodh
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:12 pm

So Iskar your thinking this would be better (Wp:3 Sp:-1 (or 1 on horseback) Sk:2) + the bonuses

And Marcus your thinking (Wp:4, Sp:-1, and Sk: 2) with no modifiers

how about (Wp:4 (because he was tortured to the where he no long feels pain) Sp:-1 Sk:1 (because the Torture would of effected his nimbleness cause it did disfigure him a little)) no modifiers

When I made my character I made him so he wouldn't really be suited for battle, but having high WP makes sense for him, but i'm not picky Smile
[out dated]

Last edited by Sir Aodh on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:51 pm

Not that I know the system, but my guess for my character would be:

Tonedyr, Griffin Retainer
WP: 1
SP: 1
SK: 0 (Maybe +1 two-handed/polearm)

With only two years of serious training and fighting experience, Tonedyr is no true warrior. The mechanics of sword and shield are somewhat alien to him, and he is most comfortable with a spear in both hands, where his height allows long reach and good leverage. He has not yet tried any other weapons two-handed (but will be better with those than a shield when he does). He is also comfortable when hiding behind an ally's shield, putting his reach to good use over their head.

With a squire's mail, he also lacks the staying power of better-armoured warriors.

Long legs mean long steps - a disadvantage in close, but useful for opening or closing distance.

Overall, Tonedyr is not exactly one of the Kingdom's Finest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Griffons have 2 WP.

Your current stats make you as skilled as a kierguard - undesirable, as Griffons should be better as them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Saeros wrote:
Griffons have 2 WP.

Your current stats make you as skilled as a kierguard - undesirable, as Griffons should be better as them.
He is a squire.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes, it would be fairly suspicious for me to be a match for a Griffon Knight when I lack the necessary experience to fight like one. Plus, mail is not as tough as plate. Kierguard sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:49 am

Also, just a point for you to consider: if one has been tortured to the point of near death, does that not mean that he shies away from pain? A lasting shock effect? It's rather unlikely that one's condition gets better, or even that he becomes more durable.

It depends on how he was tortured, though. Perhaps we should not dwell too deeply on that. Wink

Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 am

par-boiled and deep-fried. Burns off the nerve endings and locks in the flavour.

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

"Manny! Manny to the rescue!"
-The war cry of Baron Walter de Masny

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:57 am

Well, I could see 3 WP because of the torture, consisting of the two usual WP plus a bonus for being able to bear great pain. 4 WP would actually mean that your character is even for an order knight extraordinarily strong, tall and lean or has consumed one of the mystical elixirs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:20 am

Iskar wrote:
extraordinarily strong, tall and lean or has consumed one of the mystical elixirs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:25 am

I cannot argue with that, since I do not have such a lovely dress. Razz

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:53 am

Dude, 4 WP is too much, and not even human anymore. I guess this sort of thing would have to be earned during the game, like getting an elixir from the king as a reward, selling your soul to Erida Occisor, stealing Kamos' qualis gem and giving it to Finneas, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MordKaiser87
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:59 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:08 am

Hell I wouldn't mind doing something with that gem if that's really an option. Razz

View user profile
Sir Aodh
Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 am

okay no prob just wondering I wasn't really sure about the system

So the updated version is

WP: 4

Sp: -1

Sk: 1

Thanks for the advice and help, I'll edit the last one's to remove confusion
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)   

Back to top Go down

The Kingdom's Finest (character stats for the arena)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next