Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC for Arenas I, II and II

Go down 
+7
Mordred
DiabloDude
Slopsen
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Sir Haegon
Saeros
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:24 am

Oh, but where they're facing depends on their next PM. Right now I'm assuming the tower shield is facing you.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:44 am

Speaking of which, how is that carried?

@ Aelos and Savan; are your characters left or right handed?
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 am

What do you mean? The where-are-you-facing thing must be stated in their PMs, else I'll use common sense and decide myself. The tower shield is a very large shield, held by both hands, and it's possible to have as many people as you want lined up behind it. The PM must be, well, PMed Very Happy, then I'll calculate the results and, if you haven't done so yet, I'll also post a description of what happened.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:52 am

The Tower Shield, wasn't sure if it was carried in both hands or not (though I assumed it was).
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:44 am

That large tree out there between those stairs and North-west part of the arena... should make it difficult for a bowman right?

Mettenheim don't really use bows right? so I can assume a low skill in using it?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:12 am

1) yes, but you would also need to use your shield to cover your body completely.

2) Mettenheimers also have no reason for leaving Mettenheim and coming to rural Pendor, but Frederick did it anyway. You'll have to wait until he shoots to evaluate his skill.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:48 pm

Okay orders finally in and round 2 completed, best of luck with round three
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Mordred wrote:
The Tower Shield, wasn't sure if it was carried in both hands or not (though I assumed it was).

The rectangular scutum is counted as a tower shield, and was (obviously) one handed, but I don't know if pavises were ever carried into combat. I doubt it, but they would likely be the only instance of a two-handed shield. 2h shields would only be useful for protecting people from arrows and slings, and then you would be better served just propping it up.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Yeah I know, Saeros ruled it to be two handed as it was rather overpowered to give regular "tower" shield users practical invulnerability from arrows, plus offensive capability. Plus this encourages team work.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 pm

Well I don't know about overpowered, it would make you useless in a one-on-one fight. The entire point of it was you had a wall of them, which is why later legions did away with the large shields.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:39 pm

1) letting all those who PMed my know that I'll answer them after I handle major events. My posting time is limited today.

2) I suppose every arena host can specify the weapons they'll be using, which includes the size of the tower shield. In Arena I I meant the tower shield being similar to a siege shield without the arrow slit. It's the opposite of the bow (an offense-only weapon), and should leave you invulnerable to ranged attacks. When you realize that an archer can end the fight before you even get into melee range, the tower shield is a great asset. You can leave the shield any time, but someone would have to give you a weapon (unless you're fond of fighting unarmed).

Sorry, that should have been made clear from the start.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 pm

3) I would also really like action specifications for Arena I from DrSane, Aelos and Datesandwich.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:21 am

Aelos throws his sword like a boomerang, hitting all opponents unconscious and catching it in mid air like a boss...

on a more serious note, I'll read the last posts again and send Savan a pm for tactics.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:45 am

Pssst, Aelos!

Summon Eyegrim!
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 am

Tubby McChubbles wrote:
Pssst, Aelos!

Summon Eyegrim!

Not this shit again...
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:57 am

I'd rather call forth Sir Timothy. He'd beat the crap out of everyone... for sure.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Call Keen McKeen, you will never find a braver friend than McKeen. (he's Timothy's long lost second half brother in law twice removed on his fathers mothers side.)
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:38 am

how can Brand move the same length in the second round as the first, and still shoot effectively?

I specifically wrote Aelos would be fast, and since he has a lot less ground to cover: I think he would have at least hit Merzinas before that arrow hit. (as it miraculously did)

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:49 am

Quote :
how can Brand move the same length in the second round as the first, and still shoot effectively?

He didn't; he just ran a bit back until the tree. Brand was from the start trying to trick Savan into facing the wrong direction, and waiting that moment to aim at Aelos, which would then be beyond the shield's cover. He would probably have hit him even if Aelos hadn't charged. The charge just make it easier.

If Merzinas didn't specifically say he would be on the defensive (and also did try to attack), that slight difference would have had you successfuly hitting him before taking the arrow.

Besides, I should point out that Brand has SP 6 and SK 4. So he is faster than anything Aelos has ever seen. Yes, he's that good, and he's incredibly famous in Mettenheim (character created with Mordred's permission); also, I must say that Mordred is playing Brand as smart and tricky as the character is supposed to be.

I didn't want to post his stats, but I want to avoid further questioning.

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:02 am

Ah that explains, I thought he would be about the same as the other npc's you created. Of wich the skills, like the one I play, aren't nearly that good.

But sure, we can handle an overpowered Mettenheimer. -.-
I would like to point out Savan has passed over to the right side of the tree (mapwise) and the 'corner of his eye' would be very close to Brand's initial starting point, partly because in my PM I said he would cover Aelos and Merzinas. (specifically to avoid the possibillity of Brand being able to shoot Aelos while in he was fighting Merzinas) This would also mean he wouldn't 'turn' towards the direction he thought Brand was going, but would get close to the other two while still keeping his shield towards Brand.

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Saeros wrote:
Quote :
Brand has SP 6 and SK 4.

WTF!!?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:47 pm

It will all make sense in due time. The man travels all the way from Mettenheim to Pendor only to participate on a tournament, and you expect him to be a skinny squire? This guy is a national hero and will prove to his fellow countrymen that Mettenheimers are, indeed, better than Pendorians.

Sports are never just about sports. There is politics in this event too.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Saeros wrote:
It will all make sense in due time. The man travels all the way from Mettenheim to Pendor only to participate on a tournament, and you expect him to be a skinny squire? This guy is a national hero and will prove to his fellow countrymen that Mettenheimers are, indeed, better than Pendorians.

Sports are never just about sports. There is politics in this event too.

Then Aelos will purposely wound him with the sharp end of his soon to be broken sword and gut him like Valonbray fish. This is ridiculous. You ignored my directions for Savan, yet defend yourself with: it will all make sense in due time, and it's about politics.
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster
Marcus the Shadow Fighter

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:53 pm

Marcus is somewhat of a national hero too, can I has 4 speed and 4 skill too? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:02 pm

No no, I was fair in my results. Brand was not only faster and stronger, but Mordred also devised a clever plan that worked.

You are perfectly capable of defeating this guy. Even on a one-to-one combat.

Yes, you may break your sword and stab the Mettenheimer. There is nothing there isn't allowed (OOC-wise) in the arena (there are only in-game rules).

The politics thing was a statement of general nature. This whole tournament is politics: a place where one can prove his order's/nation's might over another, or simply punch an old enemy without getting arrested for it.

EDIT: also: unending glory to whoever defeats Brand.

Last edited by Saeros on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC for Arenas I, II and II
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Sarleon :: Arena-
Jump to: