Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Elder Scrolls Thread

Go down 
+9
Slopsen
Sir Aranor
Sir Arceon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
dowpride
Iskar
Saeros
Mordred
Isabel Tenorio
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:54 am

Maybe yeah. Looking at it more closely, religion was the one thing NOT covered by Tolkien's creation, so it was the one big white spot that was still waiting for someone to attack it.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:56 am

We'll see in another ten years, perhaps! They dramatically changed things in both Oblivion and Skyrim, though they at least acknowledged it in Skyrim. It depends on how popular Morrowind and the associated writings remain, I would think.

Bethesda doesn't officially employ MK anymore, though his chapter on Skyrim for the Pocket Guide to the Empire served as the basis for the Skyrim game. And his post-Oblivion writings about Landfall were included as part of the official story. Sadly, his counter-part Tedders who wrote for the equally-interesting Argonians is likewise no longer with Bethesda.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:08 am

I actually had something of an epiphany last night on the development of religion for my Vinland series, would you be interested in hearing how it works?
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:10 am

Bitte.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:17 am

Elder Scrolls lore is so hard to find. Particularly because its spread over such a huge amount of space, and thats not even including that not all of it is Canon. But some of the people who write the fanon really should be working in Bestheda to create canon because alot of the fanon is pretty good.

Also Padomay represents change and Anu represents order. So therefore the Aedra represent order and counteract everything the Daedra do while the Daedra represent change and therefore are not necessarily evil. Daedra's change can be bad for mortals like an invasion like in Oblivion but Deadra like Azura arent evil, she might even be considered good.

Plus there was some religion in Oblivion like the chapels of the Nine Divine.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:27 am

I would like to see the Vinland religion.

Definitely true, Arceon. The idea that Daedra=Evil/Demons/Bad was new to Oblivion, and they just happened to choose Mehrunes Dagon's realm which looks rather hellish. Daedra worship was the native religion of Morrowind, for instance. Then the Tribunal came along to steal a bit of divinity and sorta changed that.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:31 am

Saeros wrote:
Bitte.
Isabel Tenorio wrote:
I would like to see the Vinland religion.

https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t478p45-vinland-revelations#17677
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

The temple, however, kept the daedra worship in some way. Those daedra that were willing to cooperate with the tribunal were still included in the pilgrimages and the "evil" daedra (the House of Chaos) were even visited in a pilgrimage despite their unwillingness to cooperate with the tribunal, seen as personifications of the tests and hardships to be endured by the Dunmer.

However, I never had the impression the Telvanni took any religion to come after genuine Daedra worship seriously...

(Psst, Telvanni are the best. Enslave all the puny Argonians Wink)
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 am

The Tribunal also tried to cast themselves as version of the Daedra. Almalexia was the 'proper' version of Azura IIRC. Even though they stopped worshipping Azura directly, the belief remained fundamentally the same.

Telvanni were awesome, it's just a shame that Landfall made their great work during the Invasion pointless.

Spoiler from one of the young adult novels:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:55 am

My I ask what a BAMF is?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:56 am

Samuel L. Jackson is the archetype in pop culture. Wink B is for Bad, M is for Mother.

I over-use the expression now.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:28 am

Ah ok now I get it never heard it used before. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 am

Most people just say it outright. Wink

I find that crude, though. >.>

<.<
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:41 am

Lol btw where do you find most of your info on the ES. Ive only played Oblivion so I dont want to find out everything until I play Skyrim and Morrowind, dont want to ruin them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 am

The official forums lore section is a great place to learn... or at least it was up to a year ago. I skipped reading it when Skyrim came out to avoid spoilers, but I've ended up not finishing it yet due to losing saves twice. I should probably catch up on what the consensus is for the various retcons that came with Skyrim now though.

The Imperial Library that I linked to earlier is a great source, since every writing should be included now. You can search there as well.

Arguably the most important for general TES knowledge are the 36 Sermons of Vivec, an important Morrowind character. MK, at the time the top world creator at Bethesda, considers Vivec to be the greatest literary character ever included in a video game. (I agree with him!) The sermons will be completely incomprehensible at first, and then once you acquire some background knowledge they'll just seem crazy. Eventually though, you realize that they actually connect to each other, and explain the entire Elder Scrolls universe with a twisted logic.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:53 am

Ok thanks are the 36 sermons included in the library? Plus Vivec is part of the tribunal, correct?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:55 am

Yes, Vivec is the Thief of the Tribunal. The Tribunal is also called ALMSIVI, of which the VI is for Vivec. He's also called Vehk at times. (The name Vivec stands for Vehk and Vehk.) He's quite a messed up fun character though. Wink

Once you finish Morrowind, you almost have to read the Trial of Vivec. His character is truly shown in that developer-run RP.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:56 am

Bad ass mother f**cker
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:00 am

Ok thanks Im gonna wait to acquire the rest of the lore until I play the other games. Probably some of it will fit together as I play them.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:01 am

Morrowind has a very lore-intensive story. If you can ignore a lot of what you picked up as background knowledge in Oblivion, and read all of the material as it's presented to you throughout the story, you should really love Morrowind. It's a greeeaaat story!
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 pm

Quote :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLp0ykvotEI&feature=g-u-u

Thoughts?
As much as i love the idea of Elder Scrolls online, i really hope it doesn't stop bethseda from realising single player elder scrolls games. Single player are always better for me, basicly becouse you can roleplay so much. And eh today installing windows on new pc and finally gonna get skyrim after almost year of waiting Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:11 pm

No it wont because ES Online is being developed by the a totally different branch of the bigger company called Zenimax, which Bethesda is a branch of, Bethesda will have absolutely nothing to do with it and continue working on the role playing games.

I also heard that the lore in Elder Scrolls Online is supposed to be crap, have you heard of this guys? I mean its pretty doubtful in itself that Tamriel would be divided in 3 major alliances with some of the people in them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:27 pm

The nords would rather stand by themselves than with dunmer. Argonians and dunmer? sounds like a fanfic.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Argonians must be enslaved, said Iskar and hovered away to his Telvanni tower office.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Thread   Elder Scrolls Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next