Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+28
Sir Thash Kor
Alaric Reiner
MordKaiser87
tobberman
Sir Arceon
dowpride
Hetzau
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Psychozoa
MitchyMatt
Aldric of Marleons
Ser Varys
Kamos
DiabloDude
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Pravenstern
Sir Aranor
Datedsandwich
Tubby McChubbles
Laisha
Mordred
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Curanthir
Saeros
Slopsen
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Just talking - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:23 am

Quote :
We'd need a map of the entire world to judge the tectonic activity, the mystmountains could be a hotspot, where pendor is smashing into another continent, or it could be the leftovers of a bigger mountain range. dead and cold.

Pendor would be exceedingly prone to floods, theres many rivers, and dirty great lakes everywhere. As for fire, it depends on the trees, great pine forest would, if it got hot enough.

That was incredibly reasonable.

I also thought about the floods. There is too much water in Pendor.

I pictured Cez region with Ireland-like forests (humid and very dense), Laria-region with rather open pinetrees, and D'Shar region with like Turkish or southern Italian vegetation (palmtrees, yay!). The Larian woods being that close to the rather dry Jatu Plains would be dangerous, I think.

I also remember something about that big lake in the center being the remains of an old volcano.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 am

Well, Pendor is an island located between the larger continents of Barclay to the west and Amala to the south and thus very likely to be of volcanic origin.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 am

If pendor is one island, then the mystmountains would be leftovers of collision with another continent, so volcanism would likely be low.

I dont know why, but i always thought of Barclay as bieng connected to Pendor by land over the mystmountains.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:00 am

1. Flooding are the main issue, tectonic activity isn't really known with the possible exception of Ravenstern (Earthquakes / Avalanches rather than Volcanoes).

2. Ravenstern (so southern Mystmountains) would be like the Scottish Highlands in temperature, so cold but not unlivable. The southern lands are like southern Italy (Empire) to Greek / Turkey (D'Shar). The midlands are French / Germanic in temperature.

3. Yes there are "Old" Dynasties, but don't ask me what they are. There are however a lot of "new" Noble houses that rose during the war. Many old houses were killed off; think France at the end of the Hundred Years War.

EDIT :

North of the Mystmountains isn't really explored, most of the known world is South and West.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 am

Sad sad to see ana go

Fuck me the dawn is lonely now, WHERE'D MY ZEALOTS GO!!!???

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:58 am

DrSane wrote:
Sad sad to see ana go

They're in Javiksholm. Wink
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:04 pm

There there. I miss Ana too. Sad

Just go where Isabel is. She has the weird power of making people become murdering fanactics.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:06 pm

It's not murder.

It is holy blessed homiciding fanatics, to you.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 pm

Saeros wrote:
Just go where Isabel is.

Join now, and we'll give you a free dental plan.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:14 pm

DiabloDude wrote:
Saeros wrote:
Just go where Isabel is.

WHAT?! All I got was this sandwich...
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:20 pm

DrSane wrote:
Sad sad to see ana go

Look likes its you and me Sane.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 pm

No, really, come visit us in Laria Drsane. It's a cosmopolitan city, where Silvermists, Gauntlets, Griffons, assassins and Noldor live together in peace.

EDIT:

You know, I'm totally going to cut off the tail of a snake priestess and bring it for dinner in the Clarion Hall. We're going to win that, right?
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
DiabloDude wrote:
Saeros wrote:
Just go where Isabel is.

WHAT?! All I got was this sandwich...

Well you haggle like a dirt farmer so only you're to blame for that.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:51 pm

You don't get to talk to me like that, Lord Marshal Sir Kamos Marshal of the Griffons!

*Punches Kamos out*

Yay! Now I get the unarmed combat perk. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

This, sadly, brings me to my next point, i think we my need to declare a state of emergency for the RP. The first event took everyone 2 months top, the mini events have chewed up a year, with almost all the actual actions happening at the beginning, we have done nearly nothing for most of the year. First we need a tally, this is my estimate of the players who still stick around:

Griffon:

Spoiler:

Shadow Legion

Spoiler:

Silvermist

Spoiler:

Dawn

Spoiler:

Gauntlet
Spoiler:

Eventide

Spoiler:

23 players all up. I can only speak from my orders perspective, but since all the others are still in the mini events i must assume we are stuck in an inactiveness cycle. First we have lots of activity split amongst very few GM's, then the GM's get overloaded and start slowing down, then the player leave with nothing happening, then the GM's have time and no players, then any new players join, see nothing happen, and just piss right on off (ana Evil or Very Mad ).

Lets address the first problem, cut out the mini events, right now, have the Gm's come up with a reasonable amount of soldiers lost and resolutions, then the orders can come up with a rough idea of events in thier own time to present out of interest to everyone if they want, put this in the tavern (for the dawn say, how the Red Dawn are punished, the reforms in place etc).

Make one event, for everyone. Have it nothing to do with soldiers, complicated troop movements, or anything thats a headache to think around, just make it pure Roleplay, an event where everyones philosophy clashes. (Say Mordred is put in a coma, and a noldor warband appears with a 16 year old noldor, declaring him to be the son of Mordred and hier to the throne. The orders then have to defeat the warband, then even more dangerously, decide what to do with the child, letting him go would incite more rebellion against the comatose king, killing him would be an act of barbarism).

Screw the bean counting, make it less about naming every possible thing to do, and more about doing things and letting common sense judge, less asking about the specific nature of sword 22f and its current state of sharpness and cleanliness to determine whether or not it pierces armour and gives an infection, just let it cut the guy.

After we start this super event, ask all the leavers if they want a second go, hopefully spur some more life back into the community. Then, on the extreemly unlikely chance that theres too much activity, we can split it up, but this time, have all events have someone from every order (if possible of course).

We really need to do this, the newcomers leave like flies, and the old dogs are getting shot out in the back of the shed, i dont want to see this place die.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 12:57 pm

Ana's switching orders had nothing to do with stagnation of the roleplay.

Just throwing that out there.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Really? In her three months she rode up to ballista's and chewed an apple.

Belethor got to post his bio in the tavern, and say hello to an NPC

Weatherford got to cry in a bedroom and get bitch slapped (really)

Nothing happens and all the players leave
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Nothing happened for Ana, it's true, but that didn't influence me. Not much more is going to happen to Isabel until the events end either.

Of course, the RP does need to be sped up, as we have lost a significant number of players/characters due to that.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm

I feel like the real question here is "Was the apple good?"
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 pm

It was a very good apple. It was a Golden Delicious. It was yellow-colored, and it was delicious.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:07 pm

If you had spent 5 pages arguing to burn some peasants with Aranor, you would be alot more attached to the character though. The only reason i'm still here is because i like Merzinas. This is something we really need to talk about and work out, or this place is going to be a ghost town. Unless of course all the other orders are buzzing hives of activity, but i dont think thats quite the case.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:10 pm

I liked Ana too, she just wasn't playable in the Aranorian Dawn. The reason why I've changed characters now is because I didn't want to get to the point of arguing five pages about burning peasants.

We do have to address the RP. I hope that as the mini-events are pushed to an end we'll get the finalized version of the revamped metagame and it will help the RP to flow a bit nicer. Mainly we just have to wait for those mini-events to be more forcefully pushed to a conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Arguing is the only fun part of Roleplay, the best part of the Dawn event was getting in a hissy fit with Renault and getting bitch slapped by Aranor.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:16 pm

I punched people. A lot. In fact half my combat has been wrestling/grappling. Even in my weapon based fighting my body is part of the weapon.
Not much arguing. Pretty loyal soldier myself.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Kamos wrote:
I punched people. A lot. In fact half my combat has been wrestling/grappling. Even in my weapon based fighting my body is part of the weapon.
Not much arguing. Pretty loyal soldier myself.

And you just got K.O.ed by a foreign girl. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next