Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+28
Sir Thash Kor
Alaric Reiner
MordKaiser87
tobberman
Sir Arceon
dowpride
Hetzau
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Psychozoa
MitchyMatt
Aldric of Marleons
Ser Varys
Kamos
DiabloDude
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Pravenstern
Sir Aranor
Datedsandwich
Tubby McChubbles
Laisha
Mordred
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Curanthir
Saeros
Slopsen
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

Just talking - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Just went back and reread your post about knocking Ursula out.

Warms my heart every time.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Kamos wrote:
I punched people. A lot. In fact half my combat has been wrestling/grappling. Even in my weapon based fighting my body is part of the weapon.
Not much arguing. Pretty loyal soldier myself.

And you just got K.O.ed by a foreign girl. Shocked

What?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:15 pm

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
You don't get to talk to me like that, Lord Marshal Sir Kamos Marshal of the Griffons!

*Punches Kamos out*

Yay! Now I get the unarmed combat perk. Twisted Evil

That. Yes, I get to power-emote like that.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:19 pm

Get to the chapterhouse, it may! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 6:41 pm

When I read Isabel Tenoria, I thought: Yay a new member!

but then the avatar, the Red Dawn reference.... sooo who'll have me?

I was thinking about switching to the Royals.. blue suits me Wink

On another note:
I heard Azlanek has some (real-life) things that makes it hard for him to sit down and do the events.
I wouldn't mind helping him out on the Laria event. Aelos' role is not really impressive anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:33 pm

I've already given the GM's instructions to end the mini events ASAP, and they are. We're also working on a single event for all to work on, remember this is a learning curve for us as well as yourselves, things are constantly changing based on this experience.

But yes, mainly its the mini events being so slow at this point. I could if you like introduce the first "Throne Room Event", which are designed to give people something to do without the in depth roleplay requiring GMs (ie its an in character debate).
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Mordred wrote:
I've already given the GM's instructions to end the mini events ASAP, and they are. We're also working on a single event for all to work on, remember this is a learning curve for us as well as yourselves, things are constantly changing based on this experience.

But yes, mainly its the mini events being so slow at this point. I could if you like introduce the first "Throne Room Event", which are designed to give people something to do without the in depth roleplay requiring GMs (ie its an in character debate).

I would like that... Smile
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Yes please! I know I'm whining alot, but I'm certainly not blaming anyone, bieng overwhelmed is nothing I would blame anyone for, I just wanted something to happen.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 pm

@DrSane: In fact, the Cez event has been progressing nicely under the guidance of Pravenstern, I have taken over the Javiksholm event (as you might have noticed) and Aranor will look after the Laria event, so we should get things going again and will be done with the "mini"-events soon.

PS: I suggest you start a new recruitment session for the Dawn on the TW forums.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:42 pm

This:
Quote :

Yes, we're all learning. The first major event was basically pure RP, which may have worked well as it did because of a) fair players (i.e. no cheaters) and b) beginner enthusiasm ("holy crap, I can do things in Pendor?"). The mini-events were much more well calculated and were associated with the metagame, but the problem seemed to be a) overwhelmed GMs (I think Cez event changed GMs 3 times) and few active players (see the several "POST NAOW" messages in our board). I've learned with my whitecloaks event too.

Therefore I think that a broader event, with more players participating, would go very well. Not only would it solve the space-time problem, but it would also foster PC interaction and reduce the need of multiple maps and storylines. Until now my character has had contact with roughly 1/3 of Aftermath's players.

On another note: I don't know if you noticed it, but I think it's interesting how the nature of our orders have been changing with our roleplay. The Dawn is so tolerant that it doesn't resemble the PoP 3 Dawn anymore. Right now the Griffons harbor more fanactics than the Dawn! For me the Silvermist looks like a more aggressive Ravenspear, the Legion has become increasingly secular, the Gauntlets are just a shadow of their formed badassitude (strolling around Noldor-infested Laria? Really?).

I am not complaining! To be honest I think it's great. This is how things work in real life and I'm curious to see how this will end.

Last edited by Saeros on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:47 pm

The barbarism of the dawn has simply not had the opportunity to show itself.

*whisper* "Do you think they know we lost all of ships with matches to a storm?"

"No they dont no, shuttup here they come"
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:06 pm

fanatic's among the griffons? I dun believe it!

But yeah, many orders changed slightly. But the Dawn was supposed to become more tolerant with Roland right? So I guess that's a good thing at least.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:29 pm

@ DrSane's previous post: I agree. However, I also believe that it is the players who should create the opportunity for the events to come up, instead of expecting GMs to create those plots for them. GMing is already difficult, creating a whole plot with dozens of if/then outcomes makes the task even harder.

That is another reason to promote interaction between players (for example, by putting all them of them in the same city/region under a very broad plot): eventually players themselves will do something that may trigger an interesting event.

The point of my current and last posts is that, as in real life, things evolve in the RP. Letting things happen more naturally would, perhaps, be a good experience. At least, it would foster creativity and initiative, which is something that, apparently, nearly all players here lack when RPing their charactes - it seems to me they all behave very rigidly (myself included, sometimes).

Last edited by Saeros on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar, what else?)
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:00 am

Iskar wrote:
@DrSane: In fact, the Cez event has been progressing nicely under the guidance of Pravenstern.
I lol'd. Seriously.

Also, I happen to be away for the weekend, and when I come back I notice a new Griffon member. Then I check the background and laugh. The (arguably) most active member of this forum has switched sides. Just what is happening here?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 am

It's a conspiracy.

We're bringing in the Grey Wardens as a new Order. Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 am

http://saintsrow.com/community/go/thread/view/136777/28920757/Fanfiction:_Meanwhile,_back_in_Stillwater...?pg=1

I would like to point out that Azlanek is a playah!

Also the Saints should meet their end at the hands of Benjamin King. If we all poke him about bringing that character in, maybe he'll do it!

(Seriously though, I love it!)
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 am

Everything is orange! The Griffons must be planning something.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:44 am

I'm plotting world domination with my new comrades.

We're going to be communists, right comrades?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:47 am

I am already a communist in real life, can I be about greed and power this one time?

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:51 am

Greed and power? Join the Silvermists, we have plenty of both.

Good conquerors don't plan world domination. They wait until someone does it, and then depose him and rightfully claim the throne in the name of righteousness - and without shedding so much blood!

Keep doing the good work.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 am

If the new Ana kills Aelos, I might create a Silvermist ranger Wink

but till then: Long live the King!
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:54 am

If you want Isabel to kill Aelos, just have him attack her with a blade. tongue
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:55 am

Now that's something I agree with. Long live the king in the East!
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 am

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
If you want Isabel to kill Aelos, just have him attack her with a blade. tongue

Yeah.. mmmmhm because Aelos would lose that. -.- a superior swordsman attacks with a sword.. I dunno, perhaps If it was a 'practice' joust.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next