An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just talking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:17 am

I think that it should be a major event if something like that could happen.

All orders would then have to choose sides....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 am

Quote :

Not really. A grandmaster could simple start referring to the Dawn grandmaster as "Sir Reddawnleader", start sending messages to him (not to Aranor), and making treaties with him, thus declaring his support for the rebel.

The same could happen with the snake cult leader, if she captures Cez.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:24 am

Saeros wrote:
Quote :

Not really. A grandmaster could simple start referring to the Dawn grandmaster as "Sir Reddawnleader", start sending messages to him (not to Aranor), and making treaties with him.

The same could happen with the snake cult leader, if she captures Cez.

But to have the Red dawn built a shrine in Cez, that would make the war between the two nationwide Wink That impacts the metagame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:26 am

There are no players who are red dawn, and there are no players who are snake cult, you cant really interact with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 am

But if you let the Red Dawn excist.. it should have. It could be similar to Mordred using Boar, or DD using Renault.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:32 am

Not necessarily. Take Paraguay, for example: some coutries consider leader X as the legitimate one, while others consider leader Y. Probably no one will go to war because of that.

But war will happen soon, this is an inevitable fact. The Gauntlet will fall and Ethos will become a Noldor sanctuary. Or the Larian woods will be burned down and will become a wasteland, only occasionally pointed by Noldor and Silvermist heads on spikes. The Legion is also a powder barrel.

EDIT: no players because they are minor factions. Once they become more powerful, some of you could convert - by force, perhaps -, or start another character.
I can't disclose the information, but at least one Legion player is already half-snaky.

Last edited by Saeros on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 am

As it is most events are crawling along at a snails pace, complicating them further really wouldnt help...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:36 am

I'm looking forward to see the orders and mordred actually losing a fight and being forced to abandon several areas.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:37 am

It could have, yes. It would have been quite awesome too, and since the Dawn began as the strongest power it could have been fairly balanced. At this point though they've been treated as NPCs that will be thrown away once the plot is over. At this stage it would be like just adding another weak faction, and since Metagame-wise the Dawn has been in control of all the Red Dawn areas anyway, it would lose significant power from where it appears to be now. I would have jumped right into the Red Dawn if they had been made playable!

I love the characters, we have the brilliant Scarlet Bishop Gregory Herlin and the evil Knight-Captain Sir Lambert Tenorio of a powerful Barclay family. There is a Herlin speech on the TW forum written by Azlanek that made me wish to be a PoP3 Dawnite all the more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 am

Still on that: there are plenty of reasons for converting. You could be offered a higher rank ("why be a Dawn squire if you can be a Red Dawn high Captain?"), or you could change your life goals (like Theo did, changing from the Dragons to the Silvermists).
Quote :

I'm looking forward to see the orders and mordred actually losing a fight and being forced to abandon several areas.

Well, once the Red Dawn gets a temple in Cez, Laria, Rane or similar, it's power will grow. And, as I said before, the Legion-Silvermist army will soon outnumber the Pendorian army. Some more allies and we can take over Eastern Pendor. Smile

At any rate, my point is not about the Red Dawn or destroying established powers, but the possibility of improving the communication between players and focusing more on diplomacy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:45 am

Ana is not a squire. /whap! She doesn't hold any Dawn status at all. I don't need any reasons for Ana to convert, simply the possibility. tongue She'll at least be 'looting' a pretty red cloak before the end.

I would definitely like to see more emphasis on diplomacy and, well, conflict. The main issue we'll have to work through is that we kinda all know the 'right' choice for it: Side with the PCs and not the NPCs. Of course, if we're keeping to our characters/orders instead of just morphing to fit the game, that will be much less of an issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 am

There's nothing stopping you from being a Red Dawn sympathiser, would make the internal affairs of the Dawn far more interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:53 am

Ana already is a firm Dawnite, of course. She simply can't be Red Dawn though. Plus the event is nearly over and they will no longer be relevant to the RP. Had I come in much earlier there might have been more opportunities for some overly-pure Paladin RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:58 am

The dawn kinda has to reform itself, we cant go around butchering peasants anymore, as much fun as it would be. An insane zealous order of knights woudn't make sense in a now calm Kingdom (compared to what it was)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:59 am

DrSane wrote:
The dawn kinda has to reform itself, we cant go around butchering peasants anymore, as much fun as it would be. An insane zealous order of knights woudn't make sense in a now calm Kingdom (compared to what it was)

A matter of opinion, Dear Merzinas. Wink

The Dawn began as the largest, richest, most powerful Order. Obviously there was significant support for what they were.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:05 am

It is calm only because you have allowed herectics to remain unburned in your midst!

I'm looking forward to your and your grandmasters' IC position regarding the Snake Cult vs. Silvermists & Legion event. It's not that a battle of 3000 can go unnoticed and uncommented.

Last edited by Saeros on Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 am

I admit, I'm rather disappointed in Marcus for letting the evil power of the Snake Cult slip through his fingers! tongue

I suppose the Red Dawn and the Snake Cult will have to form an alliance, as Astraea is merely a disguise of the Snake Goddess. Red Anaconda Knights are on the way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:08 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
DrSane wrote:

A matter of opinion, Dear Merzinas. Wink

The Dawn began as the largest, richest, most powerful Order. Obviously there was significant support for what they were.

Merzinas would certainly not be adverse to the odd purging of some settlements if you convinced him they where daemonic, we'll bring wine, bread and have a wonderfull romantic picnic by the blaze - *shudder*

The dawn was ousted from Barclay for being to extremist, also ive heard very little about the current situation in Cez.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 am

From Barclay, yes. And yet they had continued wealth and manpower. tongue I've always imagined the ousting of the Dawn from Barclay was more in line with the destruction of the Templar (political concerns and greed) than purely a 'You're too zealous!' kinda thing.

A picnic? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? We don't ever go to excess... that means bread, water, Poor Peasant Food (vegetables!) and a bit of dry meat from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:13 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
From Barclay, yes. And yet they had continued wealth and manpower. tongue I've always imagined the ousting of the Dawn from Barclay was more in line with the destruction of the Templar (political concerns and greed) than purely a 'You're too zealous!' kinda thing.

A picnic? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? We don't ever go to excess... that means bread, water, Poor Peasant Food (vegetables!) and a bit of dry meat from time to time.

Apologies my lady, I'll dispose of the offending food immediatly!

omnomnom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:23 am

Quote :
also ive heard very little about the current situation in Cez.

This is why I've been talking about improving and making use of RP opportunities. We don't need to bother GMs for that. How would your character react after knowing that: a) Cez is burning, b) there's a heavy magical rain on the Eastern Coast, one that makes everything too dark to see, and that c) the Snake Cult is invading Pendor - some say with Azi Dahaka herself on one of their ships. This is the kind of thing that demands some sore of RP from our characters.

Furthermore, there has also been reports of Noldor assassination attempts in Laria. Some say with flying horses. It's just like former allies trying to kill your country's ministers: we must at least comment something.

Quote :
political concerns

What's not a political concern? I think right now lords see the Dawn/Red Dawn conflict simply as "the strong faction" vs. "the weak faction". Change their power and people will change their allegiances as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:26 am

Oh I agree Saeros. I want to see that too! Originally the Dawn's territory was broken down between the Red Dawn, Loyal Dawn, and New Dawn, though it was all internal for the Dawn Players. (Some were originally New Dawnites anyway) Sadly the link to that map is one of those that was deleted. However the Lords of some castles and such did indeed side with the Red Dawn. (Javiksholm, for one.)

It's just too late imo. The event is nearly over, and the Red Dawn will cease to be a presence in the RP. (If that isn't going to be the case, I ask for the GMs to PM me. Suspect )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:33 am

In the future do you want all events to be open? It is possible to have them read-only, though you may want to participate in the OOC threads (though the Den can be used for those).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:35 am

Mordred wrote:
In the future do you want all events to be open? It is possible to have them read-only, though you may want to participate in the OOC threads (though the Den can be used for those).

read-only would be awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:35 am

Not me, but that's only my opinion. We silvermists need secrecy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   

Back to top Go down

Just talking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next