Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts

Go down 
+18
Azlanek
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Slopsen
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Kamos
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Iskar
Saeros
Datedsandwich
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Mordred
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 am

The possibility of rebellion is not the determining factor of absolutism. If that were the case, no monarch could be termed absolute. The determining factor of absolutism is the lack of a legal restraint on the King's power. There is no legal restraint on the King's power. He can do anything he pleases legally.

The New Monarchies are termed absolute, despite rebellions and the existence of forces that could have rebelled if the King failed to maintain a proper stance. Pendor is a New Monarchy. (Quite literally too! tongue )
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:45 am

And we can be as nitpicky as we want, but that wouldn't be any fun would it?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:50 am

Isabel Tenorio wrote:

The possibility of rebellion is not the determining factor of absolutism. If that were the case, no monarch could be termed absolute. The determining factor of absolutism is the lack of a legal restraint on the King's power. There is no legal restraint on the King's power. He can do anything he pleases legally.

The New Monarchies are termed absolute, despite rebellions and the existence of forces that could have rebelled if the King failed to maintain a proper stance. Pendor is a New Monarchy. (Quite literally too! tongue )
The king is still in a feudal relation with his vassals which by "service for protection" implies that he cannot completely do as he pleases. Failing to protect (without precedent offenses of the vassals) would make him loose the legitimacy to rule them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 6:59 am

How did we get started on this discussion?

All i remember is tubby saying i was as guilty as a gooses grandmother (or something)

(In stronghold 2 peasant voice)
im confused!
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:10 am

I think it was to do with my comment on codifying treason, which as usual has bee utterly blown out of proportion.

The problem is, debate is good if people learn things, but most of our arguments seem to be people with conflicting opinions of history repeating theirs until we all give up.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:17 am

I'll say what I said in a PM; I will not formalise what the definition of Treason is because there is no formal definition of it as yet. It is very possible that there will be a future Throne Room event to create a formal (10 commandments style) code of laws, but that does not as yet exist.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 am

I believe that the king ... uhm.

Fuck it.

PENIS!
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 7:54 pm

I think the discussion about the king's position is easily solved by just waiting for Mordred's IC reaction. Just get the reply up so we can go on.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:52 am

Well, it's done. I'll post it when the checking is done. Shouldn't take that long...

And don't you dare to cut the prosecution at that!!!
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:36 am

Checking? confused

Anyway, let's see what evil trickeries you have produced.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 am

THIS IS MY SORCEROUS TRICKERY!!!! BEWARE MY WRATH!!! Wait, what...

Seriously, your turn Iskar.

Last edited by Pravenstern on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:41 am

dude, you posted an entire book!
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:42 am

And that's a bad thing because?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:43 am

Pravenstern wrote:
And that's a bad thing because?

I already have five books to read this week! This will keep me up all night. Sad
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:46 am

Eh, make the reading fun! Every time one opens a book, (s)he should enjoy it. It is not reading if it makes you suffer.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:50 am

Ah-ha!

Your weak arguments shall be crushed under our might! Twisted Evil

-------

https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=503
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40