Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)

Go down 
+18
Curanthir
Psychozoa
Laisha
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Datedsandwich
Kamos
Aldric of Marleons
Tubby McChubbles
tobberman
Sir Aranor
Sir Haegon
Pravenstern
Ser Varys
Saeros
Isabel Tenorio
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

Caranthir opens the door and calmly walks in with a letter in his hand. He walks over next to Iskar and sits down in the chair and motions for silence. After glancing around the room to check attendance, Caranthir begins to speak

"Fellow Orders of Pendor, we have gathered here today to accomplish a most important task that the King has entrusted us with. I have the details of this task on this letter from King Mordred himself, and I shall read it now:"

Quote :
Addressed to the Order of the Silvermist,

We must firstly congratulate you on the successful subduing of the Jatu steppe, and their effective addition to the Kingdom of Pendor. Because of this service, we charge you with overseeing the following in a meeting with all your fellow brothers and sisters in the other military Orders. We expect a proposal to be submitted to the crown on the following issue by the 23rd of September.

Since the unification of Pendor, we have been using the old cultural references to which lands belong to whom, however all this does is to enforce ancient rivalries and prevent the proper unification as one people, a single nation, that of Pendor.

As such, we have taken the decision to redraw the provincial and ducal borders, and create or abolish the titles associated with each. You, as the military Orders loyal to the Crown should be less interested in the land holdings and more for the security of the realm, a distinction which cannot be applied to the nobility, each of whom would naturally work to increase their own lands to the detriment of the others.

What we require therefore, is a new plan, a new blueprint of the aristocratic holdings in this realm. Therefore a proposal for the land holdings of each provincial governor is needed, along with a map and list of the ducal titles and holdings that comprise each province.

It is not imperative that each governor and duke retains their title, however there are obvious consequences if they do not, and above all we wish to maintain stability and order in the Kingdom. We are also willing to grant one additional city the status of “Free City” in order to encourage mercantile growth, similar to that of Singal.

The current list of titles and holders are as following;

Province of Ravenstern : The Crown
Duchy of Ravenstern : Duke Alexis
Duchy of Rane : Count Stephen
Duchy of Senderfall : Duke Alaric
Duchy of Poinsbruk : Lord Librarian Aldamar

Province of Fierdsvain : Alderman Gundar Doomseeker
Duchy of Valonbray : Alderman Gundar Doomseeker
Duchy of Javiksholm : Earl Aedin Redsword
Duchy of Windholm : Marshall Sigimund Stonehand

Province of D’Shar : Khan Rafik
Free City of Singal
Duchy of Ishkomman : Duke Braman
Duchy of Nal Tar : Duke Hamid
Duhcy of Torbah : Khan Rafik

Province of the Empire : The Crown
Duchy of Cez : Duke Kyros
Duchy of Ethos : Duke Justus
Duchy of Janos : Duke Cassian

Province of Sarleon : The Crown
Duchy of Sarleon : Duke Darlion
Duchy of Marleons : Duke Aelfwine
Duchy of Avendor : Duke Brennus
Duke of Laria : Duke Alamar

I fear that I cannot be present during these discussions as I have affairs of state to oversee, however I trust that the proposal you send will be in the best interests of the Realm at large.

Sincerely,

Mordred Adalhard, King.
"Let us begin discussion on this matter now."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

The young Grandmaster's eyes flashed dangerously, and behind his usual, icy mask, a desperate bitterness began to form, but it was gone so quickly that it could've been just imagination.

"'Obeying the King'," Marcus broke in grimly, caressing the words with his sharp, bitter tone, "You say that we should obey the King, Aelos. That is a good point, yet it is no reason to deny a fair, just system of laws and regulations only because you Griffons think the King would not accept it. I say, leave the King's business to the King himself and do not interfere with them unless he precisely wants you to. We will devise a just and good system here, in these chambers, and present it to the King to be checked. Would that not be fair and just? Would that not be submittal under the King's rule? Obeying does not mean sitting still like a statue until your master commands to move. That may be how you Griffin act, but then again you don't have much more responsibilities than obeying the King, do you? We have our very own lands to rule, our own lands to protect from bandits and invading armies without help from the Throne - so do not speak about us like we were only tools to be used. We are not, as we have proven time after time, battle after battle, and all the while spilling the blood of our enemies - and losing some of our own, too - in the name of King Mordred I." His tone moderated from bitter to mild as he talked on, but the steely sharpness remained. Even that was distorted - he very nearly sounded amused, but he also very nearly sounded angry. It was not the usual healthy mix of light and shadow you saw in people - it seemed broken, somehow, as though the Darkness had already prevailed in him, but a very thin line of Light remained. And even that would've been nearly maniacal.

Abruptly Marcus realized that he was scowling, and quickly erased it as Saeros began to give the Griffin his own answer. He quickly followed in with his agreement.

"I must agree here. Even Kings can go wrong, and laws would be what prevented them from doing so. And even if we would always have a perfectly just and good King - which is impossible, mind, just by the fact that no human is perfect - there are vassals that might revolt, minions that can go over to enemies, assassins hidden amongst his trusted ones. What would there then be to protect the King? His wealth and power? We must agree that no man is unbeatable, thus we need a system that can give more weight and authority to a wise ruler while rooting out and destroying the stupid ones."

He had barely finished, however, when Caranthir suddenly cut in and began to prepare them for the main topic of the day.

"Now, this is interesting. I cannot yet say my full thoughts about this, but I do have something. There are doubts on Duke Brennus being loyal to the King, it has been said - shall we begin with discussing his position as the Duke of Avendor?", he said coldly, but with a touch of interest hidden in the currents of his voice.

Last edited by Marcus the Shadow Fighter on Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:49 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 12:55 am

Iskar went to his seat beside the high backed chair of Caranthir, but remained standing for the moment, raising his voice.

I would like everyone to take their seats so we can start the debate.

Then he sat down, waiting for the other orders to settle at the table.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:10 am

Zekic sat on chair as far as he could from silvermists, and started to inspect other attendants this time way more closely. The silvermist presence was felt here heavely, he examined each of them with hatred, however didint say a word.He some griffon members. Other man where probaly from orders of eventide, and dawn, also from shadown legion, but he didint care enough to try to see diffrence in them. The he listened to argument of silvermistian, and griffon.

Zekic didint like the king, he allowed way to much freedom to pesky tree huggers, and theyr worshipers, but didint got his oppinion known- considering heavy pressence of kings personal lapdogs, saying anything against king was unwise, if not dangerous.

Then another silvermist came in, after he read a latter from king, zekic decided that he was a grandmaster.Zekic was allready sitting.But he cerainly didint like the fact that silvermists seeming controled everything here.He watched Knight who as zekic guessed was from shadow legion.Avendor, pretty much a center of empire.. Zekic didint cared much, be he tough he was unnoticed so far, and he really hated not being noticed

"Zekic i agree with knight here, Avendor is in center of our empire, we can not let disloyal nobles to rule it, while king can't keep complite control over nobles from more afar, those closer to sarleon can and should be kept in check of loyality, may Duke brennus dismisal serve as example for others"

Zekic was sattisfied that for a moment everyones look were focused on him, so he, satisfied with him self sit back to his own seat, and arrogantly smiled fro a second.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:27 am

Isabel took a small sip of wine, and spoke a bit slowly to keep her words clear.

"Forgive me, honored knights of Pendor. I was not born in this land, as you can tell, but I fought for it. I fought for King Mordred, and Duke Darlion before him. I've bled for this land and I care for it more than the land of my birth. Some of you may think this means I cannot speak in this council, but I tell you, none of you were born in Pendor either. Each of you was born elsewhere; some in Ravenstern, others in Sarleon. We must now create a Pendor for the next generation to call their own.

"To strip a man of his title is the King's perogative. It is His Majesty's right to give honor and responsibility to the men he choses, and to take that responsibility away when they fall. This council may as well remind His Majesty of his right. We are all but servants of the King. A servant does not claim to own the wine that he pours for his master, just as we do not claim to own the lands we protect. Hubris is a terrible sin, one we must never suffer in this Kingdom."

With that she picked up her cup to signal the end of her statement.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:34 am

In fact it is the very task of this council to work out a recommendation, to be handed to the king at the end of the negotiations, which should include a complete reordering of the current situation, including titles and fiefs as well as which lands are ruled by which duchy, which duchy is part of which province and who serves as governour for the provinces. But before we loose ourselves in small debates over this and that county or city, I would advise agreeing on a certain structure, so as to determine which issues will be addressed first. Remember, fellow knights ... his gaze casually swept over the Gauntlets present and the word fellow attained a rather bitter taste in his mouth ... and Gauntlets, we do not have to address each and every issue in the first meeting. We will have three weeks to discuss everything that needs discussion.

How about we start with the more general issues - the territories associated with the provinces, then assess the duchies and finally discuss which lords should actually rule the counties and duchies?
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 am

Merzinas shadowed into the hallway, the stink of smoke pervaded around him. He sulkily handed over his weapons to the guards and entered the hall, the steward jogged over to him.

"Ah, I see your from the dawn, what is your name sir?"

"Merzinas bu-"

"PRESEN-"

"I'm still a squire, no need to announce me." cut in Merzinas.

"Oh I see...what on earth have you been doing, why do you reek of smoke and ... oh." The realisation spread over the stewards face.

"Yes, they tried to ambush Aranors envoy, they had a wonderfull surprise, I was just giving them there last rites whilst he got here." Said Merzinas as emotionlessly as he could, his eyes were still red from the smoke and the shock of burning men alive.

"Yes yes, righto, go right on in then. Always loved Astraea myself!" The steward exclaimed nervously. "Err ... very nice teeth for a goddess!"

Merzinas gave him a puzzled smile and hurried in behind his master, surprised by the gasp of relief given by the steward as he left. He lent forward and whispered to Aranor: "Definitely heretics...strange name...dont know...planned...Inquisitor Moriallus has gone ... Mistmire ... too similar to Rolands ... death."

Merzinas could see that his master was holding back anger, he followed his gaze to the woman across the table speaking in Barclay, the words came out as a babble to him, but Merzinas saw Aranors jaw grind at certain ones, surely they realised he could speak the native language of his order?

Merzinas held his tounge, he remembered the shame the last time he didn't. He looked around the room, flinching at the shadows. He seemed to remember some of the old scrolls in Avendor talking about that mad King Libram the third butchering all the lords of the land in this room for forgetting his birthday. The mad king forgot it, not the lords, but he believed he was born on the thousandth day of the year, so the lords had somewhat of a death warrant from the word go, or was that just the song by the old bard, oh what was his name, John...James...Jamie?

Ugh eventiders, the armour of shadows and deceit. He tried to look through the cowl of the mysterious one, such an effort proved painful to the eyes, instead he looked to his companion, who stood proud and tall, even wearing a symbol of Astraea on his chest. Such confidence for those knights was shocking to see for Merzinas, surely the holy sign must be for some perversion for their dark gods? Why did that man show anything short of shame for bieng in daylight?

Merzinas snapped back to attention and sat down when Iskar bid them all to and as Caranthir outlined the re purposing of the land Merzinas mused carefully in his head the sureness of the grandmasters that Mordred would obey any laws they gave him. He was the claimless usurper, the heretics in the swamp would have made just as legitimate a king as he does.

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:30 am

Aelos moved to stand behind his knight master, while he adressed the room.

"Honorable knights and rangers, shall we begin discussing the province of Sarleon? I understand there is much to be said about certain Dukes, and their loyalty to the crown."

he pointed at Marleons and Avendor on the map.

"Let us adress the more serious of the two first, the territory and fiefs belonging to the Duchy of Marleons. Currently ruled by Duke Aelfwine. With your permission ofcourse, Lord Constable."
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:42 am

Celdiur felt a surge of rage building up within his blood as he took in Sir Aranor's words. He was a smart one, of yes. More than anyone he knew about Celdiur's shadowed past, how ashamed he was of his terrible actions. It took all of his willpower to bite his tongue and respond in a civil manner.

"Walven? Aye, Dawnite, I remember Walven well. I remember just as clearly Rivelothe, Azgad, Oakburn, Torrenhall, Rebache. I remember every single one of them. And with every memory I feel nothing but shame and guilt"

He moved closer to Sir Aranor, his voice becoming quieter with every step.

"Do you know what it feels like Aranor? Do you wish to know what it is to know true evil? For I have. Behind me, aye, that it is, but it will forever be a taint on my soul no matter what I do for the cause of good. Imagine what it feels like, Dawn Master, to feel nothing but contempt and hatred for all you encounter, to feel nothing as your blade cuts through man, woman and child alike as if they were no better than animals for slaughter. Imagine what it feels like to live with the knowledge that you have commited such attrocities, and that your mind was too clouded by hatred and shadow to stop yourself. They are truly horrible thoughts arent they Sir Aranor? But that is all they are to you. Thoughts, not memories of a dark past. Be glad that you have never felt the taint of evil Dawnite, and pray to Astraea that you never will"

Celdiur lightened his tone slightly before continuing.

"Oh I had respect for the Judicator once. When I first came to Valonbray to take the cloth I had nothing but admiration for the man. This was Astraea's chosen representative on our world afterall. I studied hard under the guidance of the high clergy, diligent, loyal. All the while turning a blind eye whilst the Dawn sacked, pillaged, burned and murdered their way across Pendor with no true reason, all the while with the blessing of his 'Eminence' and the high priests and priestesses. By the time I was ordained I could no longer hide my fury, my disgust that such a holy establishment could sanction such mindless slaughter. I became ashamed that I was associated with you and yours for so long. That, Aranor, is what brought me to the Eventide, the only true servants of the people and of most blessed Astraea. So that I may truly earn my redemption away from the sins and profane acts of the Dawn and its benevolent benefactor"

As he finished Celdiur noted the presence of another of the Dawn. A squire by the looks of him. He scurried to kiss the ground his master walked upon. Celdiur shook his head and made to walk away, however a few of the squires chosen words to Sir Aranor reached his ears. He stopped, mulling them over for a moment. Heretics? This far north? By Astraea, where the hell are they finding the strength? He brushed the thoughts aside and joined Ser Varys as Lord Caranthir began to address the council.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:39 am

Isabel turned to address the council again.

"I agree with the Constable. We must address the larger territories first. Which duchies shall belong to which province?"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:57 am

"Concerning the territories, I would like to mention that the Eastern lords has been very supportive of the Legion-Silvermist alliance. We have protected them and their subjects against invasions and eliminated every threat - even the Jatu raiders. In the region known as Jatu Plains, we have established settlements for the former Veccavian slaves. We have fed and clothed them ourselves. We have fortified every village of that region, and even the commonfolk is thankful to us. To the near East, we have worked to maintain peaceful relations with the Noldor, and not a single attack has been registerd in the last season. Farther in the East, we have worked together with the Shadow Legion to protect the coast agaist the Azi Dahaka's snake cult.
We have struggled alone, without interference from the king. We have proven our ability to defend ourselves, and to manage our territories fairly. And we have demonstrated that again and again.
It is only fair that the province falls into the command of one of the Eastern lords. One who is trusted by the people and who has experience in handling difficult decisions. And one who is unquestionably loyal to the crown."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 am

His eyes flashed briefly at Saeros' direction, holding nothing but cold calculation in them. Who could the man be talking about?

Marcus cleared his throat as he settled down near Iskar, preparing for his brief comment, and Lucius settled behind his high-backed wooden chair.

"And could I also mention that the people there have been through evil times, yet now we have reports of total silence from the Snake Cult. They need unification more scarcely than you might believe... before another such attack lands on our shores. If the reports are true, too, there is a whole another continent overseas, littered by the snake-worshipping fools - another attack is guaranteed to come at some point," he said with that emotionless, steely tone, ever so constant and unchanging. A surprise would be needed to put tremor in that stony expression, a grim and dark one, but few managed that against him, and even fewer succeeded. He doubted that more than a few actually possessed the ability.

Last edited by Marcus the Shadow Fighter on Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:08 am

Laisha made her way to the table. During the bantering, she had vanished to the back of the room, mingling among the scribes. Now she took a seat and listened in on the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:28 am

"If we all are of the same mind regarding the Empire lands, perhaps we should move on to the next province."
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:32 am

"Perhaps we ought to hear what the other Order occupying those lands has to say."
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:59 am

While I have no objection to your proposal, might I suggest that any newly raised lords are not given lands close to their place of origin? This will both help integration and prevent any lords from attempting to consolidate power in one area.

The Veccavian free peoples do not yet have any true cause for loyalty to the crown, so it would be best to place them under the lordship of someone who can integrate them fully into the realm.

However, if the others disagree on this, I am willing to cede the point.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:04 am

Let us determine the new provinces first, Sir Lucius, Iskar said and after but a second added, if you please.

If I understand you right, Saeros, you suggest an eastern province? What duchies would it be comprised of?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:09 am

"To my shame, I agree with the Gauntlet knight. It would be best to prevent power consolidation in some cases. We may have to return to this issue later, however, when we come to the case of reassigning rebel lords to less important fiefs."

Saeros thinks for a while and looks at the constable:

"This would still be open for debate. In light of the developments in the last two years, it is imperative that the formerly uncivilized Jatu Plains be properly incorporated into the kingdom. I so suggest that the province of the Empire be extended to the coast of Marleons. I am also proposing that the province leave the hands of the Crown and be admnistered by Kyros Dux, regent of Cez."

Last edited by Saeros on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : You write too fast, I'm still completing the post! Now I'm done.)
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am

Despite the numerous candles and the great candelabra hanging from the ceiling over the table it had become darker in the room and a glance to the windows confirmed that night was about to settle over the city.

Iskar rose and made a gesture so as to halt the debate.

As it is growing late and most of you have already travelled a long way before arriving here today I suggest we adjourn the meeting until tomorrow. I believe the servants have shown you to your quarters just when you arrived. If that was not the case, do not hesitate to ask the good Sir William DeSpencer about your lodgings. The dinner will be provided in your rooms. I wish you all a good night.

As people rose to go to their rooms Iskar followed. When he passed Marcus he stopped for a moment. Would you care to join our dinner, old friend?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:49 am

"Many thanks to you Iskar. I wish you a good dinner and a safe night's rest."

Aranor got up from his chair. He excused himself with the others. As he passed Celdiur sitting down. He stopped and said-

"You have no idea what true evil is Celdiur. I have a taint on my soul as well, from all the 'justice' I upheld myself. But, unlike you, I went out and paid for what I had done. I burned children alive Celdiur, for 'justice'. . Then, when I realized what I had done, I didn't go and try to fix it by running to the church, away from my crimes. I went out, I spent years across this land, saving villages, repaying my every crime. I fought for those I used to kill, for every crime I committed, I repaid it, tenfold. I gathered a warband of true knigthts and traveled this land a hundred times over, fighting for no reward, dying for a true cause. I even stared into the eyes of Eyegrim himself, to save our own king from his clutches. I even fought my own brethren to save villagers. I have my own memories, images that I could never forget. My soul is at ease though, because I have repaid my debts. I have been absolved.

How could the church sanction such acts? Dalon Valchance was a mad man, alongside with all his power-mad knights. They would have done whatever they wanted no matter what his eminence would say.

Don't act like the Eventide are protectors of the people, you are quite mistaken. You are still all human, with goals for yourselves. The Eventide devote their manpower to intimidation of nobles and consolidating their own power. The Dawn devote their time to guarding against Vanskerry Raiders and keeping our lands safe. We do not care for the silly politics of crime-ridden cities or tribal feuds.

We are not the same Dawn that you knew years ago. Roland and I made sure of that. The 'Dawnites' that you hate are my enemies too. They don Scarlet now. Don't let hate and prejudice blacken your heart Celdiur, your soul will never find redemption that way. "

and with that, the Shadow-Seeker retired to his room.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Varys smiled and turned to Celduir.

"I've had enough of this dreary council room filled with arguments and prejudices. Do you care to join me for a pint in the local tavern? I find myself much at ease drinking there than here, with all the tainted wine and such."

While saying this, Varys dropped his flagon that he was carrying. As the liquid spilled over the floor, Varys bent over and frowned. The wine had an odd smell to him. Strange. Smelling again, it turned out to be nothing but a figment of his imagination.

'I must be tired.' he thought. Getting here in time has took it's toll on me.

Last edited by Ser Varys on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:28 pm

As everyone leaves Merzinas copies down the map with the provinces. Jatu territories ... what happened to all the women and children of the Jatu when they were defeated? Merzinas remembered the territory well, ugly trees and rolling depressing planes. The constant drone of the wind harassed anything that lived there, and the nights were bitterly cold. You couldn't build houses there, they'd be blown away. Thats why the Jatu went there, no one in Pendor wanted the land, no one knew it but the Jatu. The only things that thrived there were grass, horses and lions. And the Jatu ... what would Veccavian Islanders know of farming a steppe? They'd all die in the winter, the only people who could live there were long gone...

Merzinas finishes the map and gathers up the rest of Aranors parchments from the meeting and leaves, turning when he heard the crash of a flagon hitting the floor. The eventider was bending over to reach for the flagon, had he already drunk that much in the meeting? Merzinas turned away and hurried off after his grandmaster.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 pm

The meeting was over way earlier than Jareth expected. Did he fall asleep?

After the most of them left the Hall he made his way towards the table. He didn't knew exactly what the reason for the meeting was but maybe he could make sense of something that was on big table. As he entered a knight of the Dawn passed him, his hands full of parchments. He made a slight nod, he didn't knew him but some courtesy were mandatory for this kind of meeting. A little slight could easily poison the whole meeting. There was not much love between the some of the Orders and the only thing that kept everyone from killing each other was the King.

He heard a flagon burst on the floor as he bowed over huge map on the Table. A lot of Villages Castles and Towns were marked there, most of them he didn't hear of before. There were some markings on it and many lines drawn. He saw a line extending the empire lands up to the coast of Marleons but the line was still dashed.

He thought he knew what they were talking about. He decided to take part in the meeting in tomorrow, this matter was way to important to miss. Maybe he was able to support his Grandmaster in this matter.

As he left the Hall the cold air of the night reached him, now he realized how warm it was inside the hall. The talk must have been pretty tense and there were not only pleasantrys exchanged. He was looking forward to the next morning.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:52 am

Zekic quickly rose from his seat when meeting was annouced to be over, as he leaved counil chamber, he was very satisfied to get his sword back, he didint like a meeting at all this day, becouse to much was telling him that silvermists are seemingly in control of meeting, then he rushed to a nearby tavern to get a few drinks.

Last edited by zekic on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:40 am

Celdiur watched Sir Aranor leave the hall, disdain clearly burning in his eyes. He speaks of that which he knows nothing of. In time we shall see whom the people turn to for salvation. As much as he hated to admit it though the Dawn Master had spoke some truth. For now at least they would have to leave old prejudices behind them. And besides which, Sir Aranor wasnt what troubled him the most at the moment. Celdiur still clung to the squire's words. He had been growing concerned as of late due to the growing strength of the heretics. They had been driven into the desert by Mordred himself, but now they slowly creeped their way back across the lands of Pendor. He wondered. Perhaps I should speak to the Dawn Master in private.

The clatter of Varys's mug on the floor brought Celdiur back from his thoughts. He smiled.

"Are you sure that the tavern is advisable for you right now Varys? I wouldnt mind a brew right now to be honest. Come my friend. Perhaps I will at long last be able to introduce you to my brother Rion, if hes off duty"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next