Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)

Go down 
+18
Curanthir
Psychozoa
Laisha
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Datedsandwich
Kamos
Aldric of Marleons
Tubby McChubbles
tobberman
Sir Aranor
Sir Haegon
Pravenstern
Ser Varys
Saeros
Isabel Tenorio
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Sir Lucius slowly stood, and walked around the table to the Silvermist constable, leaning down slightly to whisper in the man's ear, so that nobody else could listen in.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Iskar nodded in agreement with Lucius's words, then he rose and looked around.

Griffons and guards were standing in attendance, weapons half drawn, through the open door he could see startled looks on the faces of the four halberdiers outside, the Dawn squire was shouting, Darlion was accusing several people of treason and it had required the leader of the Gauntlet to say the first sensible thing in this affair.

Enough! he bellowed. He was not particularly massive of stature, but well acquainted with commanding men and thus, while his voice might have lacked some of the thundering quality of others, the word echoed through the room sharp and clear.

He glowered around in disdain.

Your Grace, I asked you once before to remove all weapons and guards from the room and I'll do it once again, one last time, to be precise. It may be your right to command these guards here, but you also violate the peace and immunity of this council, which was called in by his majesty. Is that how you treat the king's guests?

As for what you deem treason, I see no treason in taking precautions for kings and centuries to come to ensure a stable rule. Of course - and I had explained that earlier - the king would have veto power in all council sessions and he would be the one to call in the members of the royal council. This only delegates power, but not irrevocably. The king remains the single source of power over the kingdom and he can call back delegated privileges as it pleases him. I thought you would be aware of that?

Now, if you really arrest Sir Aranor this might cause serious problems and impede the work of this council against the will of his majesty. Whatever treasons you think members of this council committed by voicing their opinions can be dealt with afterwards thanks to the detailed protocols the scribes are keeping.

He turned to address Merzinas.

Put that down, squire. It would do you no good.

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Captain Merlic, came into the council chamber with the Griffon knights and handed Aelos' sword over to him, followed by a whisper of the latter.

"Captain, prepare the dungeons and call every off duty guardsman back. We might have ourselves a large case of treason and we should be prepared for radical Order militia doing something stupid."

Then he donned his sword belt and stretched his swordhand out towards Sir Aranor, walking slowly towards the standing Grandmaster. While Captain Merlic quickly left the room.

"Perhaps it is better if you would come with me, Sir Grandmaster, without any further protest, we don't want your Order to commit the same crime."

Aelos looked at Merzinas and the other present Dawnites.

"I will personally make sure you will be treated like the Grandmaster and Hero you are, but please, do not resist."

The last words accompanied a slow motion of his left arm towards the hilt of his sword, Sir Aranor would see that he cannot pull the sword with his left hand and he hoped this would make clear that the intent is not to hurt him.

But when the Lord Constable of the Silvermist bellowed across the room, Aelos turned around towards his own Grandmaster, the Duke of Sarleon, waiting for his answer of wether he should continue bringing Sir Aranor to the dungeons.

OOC: Edited because of Iskar's post :p
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:28 pm

He froze as the Constable's words ringed in the room, but as he finally turned to meet his friend and ally, he was not ashamed. Why should he? He had protected the Grandmaster.

"Treason can be investigated without destroying the sanctity of this Council. As said before, there are several scribes who have written down every last word said here."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Varys smiled as he saw the commotion in front of him.

He spoke up,

"Darlion, is it really wise to breach the diplomacy and trust of this council? We were told by Mordred himself that our views would be protected. We would receive no punishment for what we spoke of at this council. Yet you, a direct representative of the King, broke that solemn trust, in the King's name nonetheless. I may not like the Dawnite any more than you do, but I know when I see injustice. Take care that you do not make too many enemies at this council, Darlion."

Varys drawled sarcastically, "I do hope you won't arrest me for treason for that statement against you Darlion, as it seems you're arresting everyone that speaks so much a word against you."
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Johan stood up from his chair, looking under his hood and smoking his pipe.

"The Eventide Representative stole the words from my mouth. Sir Darlion, we have gathered here to do a proposal for King Mordred and to propose something there must be discussion. Without any ideas this meeting would have gathered for nothing."

Johan took a puff from his pipe and continued:

"The council which is proposed is based on common sense. You cannot decide that every single king after King Mordred is going to be as good as him. This proposition looks in the future of the realm. We must ensure the safety of the generations that are still unborn."

Johan then sat back down and took a long sip from his goblet.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Half-listening to the arguments around him, Sir Lucius walks back around the table, and positions himself near to the Dawn squire.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:32 pm

Sir Aranor put his hand on Merzinas's shoulder

"Stop. Do not do this Merzinas, I command you as your grandmaster. It is not worth it, lay down your arms."

Sir Aranor looked to one of his retainers

"Sergeant, take our delegation back to the monastery. Tell Brother Ferris what has happened."

Sir Aranor looked to Captain Merlic

"I surrender peacefully, I will not resist."

Sir Aranor gave one last glare to Sir Darlion

"Thank Astraea you weren't man enough to claim your birthright, you would have arrested or killed half your subjects in the first decade. I can't wait until the king hears about what you have done, that piece of paper you just gave that man has sealed your fate."

Sir Aranor turns to the council

"I pray that you will be able to agree on a solution the matters we came to discuss, for the Dawn is no longer validating this meeting with our presence. Please send a messenger to the monastery when everything has cooled down, I fear I will be indisposed."

Last edited by Sir Aranor on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : minor spelling)
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:43 pm

Merzinas looked up to his grandmaster as he laid a hand on his shoulder, and sagged down visibly. He half heartedly flung the wooden paper weight at one of the approaching Griffons and crossed his arms, walking back to Aranor's side.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:50 am

Saeros facepalmed once more. While the grandmasters were shouting at each other, he did not move, or even look up. When he finally put his hand again on the table, he addressed Iskar, in a voice clear enough for the others to hear.

“Lord constable, I fear that this council is no longer able to yield good results. Shall we conclude it with the decisions we have made so far, and pray that leaving half of the work undone will not anger the king?

If bringing it to a proper end is really required, we can reconvene in a few weeks, in a more sane and safe environment, such as the Clarion Hall, where the local lord does not use his power to eliminate opposition. While duke Darlion has his titles to support all of his actions, the power to conclude or adjourn the meeting is unquestionably yours.”
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 12:54 am

I fear we are in the middle of a vote and it needs to be finished at least before we can adjourn. Sir Varys, have you received any word from Sir Celdiur, so the Eventide might cast its vote?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am

Aelos leaves with Sir Aranor and the majority of Griffon knights and guards that were present in the council chamber. They just entered the hallway that would lead them towards the dungeons, when Captain Merlic reappears and whispers something in Aelos' ear.

"It seems we are able to present you a more comfortable cell, Sir Grandmaster."

Aelos leads the group upstairs to a furnished room in the west wing, with a fireplace already burning and a richly dinner ready for the 'prisoner'. He instructed the guards to either return to their former duties or stand guard outside, while he himself took a seat at one of the tables, and started a game of chess with Captain Merlic.

[OOC: I'll create the 'cell' so you can use it in any way you please. Other Dawnites are welcome to visit, just like knights of other Orders. unarmed and with consent from Captain Merlic. Razz
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 am

An indifferent look suddenly returned to Marcus' face, and he sat down seemingly in no hurry. Intertwining his hands and peering down at his nails, he divided his thoughts between the Griffin and the voting. Both needed attention; both would have to be dealt with. But the vote came first.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 am

Had the events unfolding not been so heated, some may have noticed the return of Celdiur, who now stood leaning against the doorpost, his arms folded, his left leg crossed over his right, watching the commotion before him with a look of shear disgust. Upon hearing Iskar ask of his vote, Celdiur sighed, shook his head and addressed the Constable.

"What does the vote of the Eventide matter now Lord Constable? This council has already failed upon every level and has gone beyond the point of salvaging. I would much rather forget all that has transpired here and move on from this mockery of the King's trust. Ser Varys, if you are so inclined, you may cast your vote without my consultation, for I want no further part in this disgrace"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 am

It matters all the more, Sir Celdiur. I am not willing to let... his glance went over to Darlion... anyone sabotage this council. The vote has been started and it will be finished. After that we will adjourn until tomorrow and hope things will have settled by then. Sir Varys, may I thus ask for the Eventide's vote?

While he waited for the Eventide's opinion he wrote something down on a piece of parchment and sent Chadwell off with it.

Last edited by Iskar on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 am

Sir Kamos copies down the scribes notes to insure accuracy, even talking to other orders scribes in the room to be sure, and set out immediately to the task of contacting the King with the news of the events. Carrying out his orders he seemed to lift weight of his shoulders oddly enough as he left the room.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 am

Varys frowned.

So it comes down to me..huh.

"I vote for your proposal, provided it has a testing phase. He sighed."

"Now, excuse me, as I do not wish to partake in any more of this supposed 'council' for the day. I presume the meeting is adjourned to tomorrow?"

Without waiting for an answer, Varys turned and left the room, pausing to whisper to Celduir.

"I'm going to the tavern. Midnight is my best guess. Alone, we are in this discussion.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:03 am

Iskar gave a relieved sigh. That makes a majority of five votes in favour of the compromise suggested including of course the possibility of revision at the king's slightest whim.

As the scribes noted down the result Iskar raised his voice: The meeting is adjourned until further notice. We will send out messengers once certain issues have been cleared up, so that we may turn to the last topic tomorrow: The counties comprised in the different duchies as well as possible additional titles for certain lords.

He gathered his parchments and beckoned for the scribes with the protocols to follow him. As they passed the door the halberdiers fell in line and the Lord Constable vanished with his entourage in direction of the Silvermist quarters.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:18 am

A note is nailed to the door of the council chambers, it reads as follows.

Quote :
By royal decree, this meeting his hereby adjourned for an indefinite period. All persons who were in attendance are to assemble in the lobby to the Throne Room on the morrow. His Majesty has determined to take a direct hand in the proceedings, and will preside over an assembly tomorrow evening. Attendance is not optional.

Signed,
Alderman Gundar Doomseeker

OOC : On the morrow means Sunday 30th
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:22 am

One the next morning the doors of the chamber swung open again and Iskar strode in, Chadwell and some other scribes on his heels. They replaced the torn map by an intact copy and installed themselves in the back of the room as before, while Iskar sat down on his chair and awaited the arrival of the other orders.

[OOC-Note: I let this restart the next morning, since I reckon the trial took most of the day and I wanted to leave some time for tavern RP before the next session. IC-wise the session is to be finished in one day, so the king can have his recommendations quickly.]
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 7:45 am

Varys walked in, on unsteady legs. He stumbled over to the map, where he held himself upright, standing still.

Goddess save me, he thought. The visions and whispers were getting worse. A charred, black body. One man on a horse, looking out on a field of slaughtered bodies. Rain pounding on the ground, a clear white light shining. He began to walk towards it, sensing warmth. Suddenly, a cold passed over him. An unknown darkness, someone..no...something was flying over him. It devoured the white light, eating away at the essence of it. It turned to him. He could make out a face in it..his own. He began to wonder whether or not he was going mad.

Shuddering, he noticed the alarmed glances of others nearby. He noticed he was shivering, although the chambers were not cold. He slowly looked around, found a chair, and sat in it. Grimacing, he pulled out an unmarked, ordinary bottle, and took a drink. Immediately, he doubled over, looking as if he was about to retch, but caught himself. He then sat up, calm and relaxed. Getting up, he walked over to the map with his usual, silent movements, and stood where he had, scanning the map with focused, alert eyes.

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Sir Lucius entered the chamber, slightly slumped, and sat in the nearest available seat.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:01 am

Jareth made a small detour after the Trial off Sir Aranor. He quickly spread the word of Sir Aranors victory in the Courtroom among his men. He was sure they would carry it even further while staying in some taverns and such. Finally he decided to head back the the Council.

He was very surprised as he entered, nearly noone was there. He hoped he would arrive late enough for everyone to be there already.

As he entered he bowed to the ones present and then walked over to the table and took quick look at the Map before sitting down behind Iskar.

He leaned forward to talk to him. "I was very impressed by your display in Court. If, by chance, I might need some help in Court I hope it is not against you."

After a short pause he added.

"You did an amazing job."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:48 am

Marcus stepped in and creeped over to his seat. He regarded Jareth and Iskar with a nod and a smile as he sat down, but said nothing. They already knew what he would've said.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:17 am

Celdiur followed Marcus not long after. He entered the chamber in a surprisingly upbeat mood, a half eaten apple in his right hand and a bundle of parchments in his left. He was grinning, clearly pleased with something.

"Good morning all!" he announced cheerily before he took his seat with Varys.

He put his parchments upon the table. His eyes lingered on them for a moment before he sat back and folded his arms.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)   IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event) - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: The Council Chamber (Provinces / Free City Event)
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next