Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon

Go down 
+7
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Iskar
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon Empty
PostSubject: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 12:16 am

Nightfall was close and the fading light of the day seemed to produce more shadows than it banned in the streets around the castle. Having finished their daily work people hurried home or paid a visit to the taverns. Alain the blacksmith's apprentice was making his way for the large tavern directly below the castle walls, called "The Sword and Lion", still in reminiscence of old Sarleon. When the old kingdom fell the tavern keeper had refused to change the lion into a griffon, saying ale and stew did not care for politics, so neither would he.

Together with some friends he had almost reached the tavern when the fast clippety-clop of horseshoes on cobblestone approached. Alain knew the habit of messengers coming to and from the castle. They seldom paid attention to the smallfolk on the street, so he quickly jumped out of the way - and not too early. A seconds later a rider on a black horse rushed past them, a black cape waving behind him, displaying a strange coat of arms that Alain had never seen before at Sarleon. But then again the nobles and their follies were a world of their own. He shrugged and continued for the warmth and ale of the tavern.

Strange Coat of Arms:

[OOC: This happens in the evening after the second council session. If you characters go to the tavern they might hear the tale. On a more general note, this thread is meant for all IC roleplay outside the council chamber and the backrooms.]
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:16 am

The doors of another tavern, the Arrow and the Star, opened slowly. Inside slipped a man with dark robes and no emblem shown. He went and sat down at a table, after ordering something to drink. He sat down, scanning the crowd for something... He seemed to be waiting for someone to join him.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:10 pm

It was already dark when the meeting ended. Everyone left slowly, most of them probably going to their quarters. It was a long day and it was quite exhausting.
Jareth was wide awake when the meeting ended, it seems he really slept most of the time.

Jareth decided to learn a bit about the Culture. So he decided to try out a local Tavern. The night was quiet, the only person he saw was a messenger on his horse hurrying through the streets.
The first Tavern he saw was the "Sword and Lion". After he entered he sat down near the entrance and ordered a local Ale.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:07 pm

In the 'Arrow and Star' an unremarkable man in a woolen tunic observed the new guest from his place at the bar. He took up his mug and casually strolled over to the newcomer's table, obviously a bit unsteady on his legs already, maybe due to one or the other mug he'd already consumed.

Cheers, he said in a colloquial, slightly slurred voice, you do not seem to be from here. So how do you find our beer? I for myself think it's so good, it could cripple the sun. He dizzily smiled at his own strange choice of words, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 5:38 am

Varys smiled and inclined his head.
"The beer here is much different from the beer in Singal. "
"Would you care to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 am

Why, certainly. The slur suddenly vanished from the man's voice and his dizziness was as if blown away. He sat down and put his mug on the table. As he loosened the grip around its handle he let Varys catch a glimpse on his palm which bore a blackened burn in the shape of a sun, way too detailed to be caused by an accident.

Do you have any news to share?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Varys lowered his voice so that the man infront of him would be the only one privy to this information.

"I've heard..ah.. rumors... that Nal Tar has been picked as the next Free City..and that the snails in the council room still haven't chosen any plan for anything else." Varys took a sip of his beer.

"Has there been any..interesting things going on in Singal of late?
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:08 am

The door of the tavern creaked open, the cool night air spilling into the room. The sound of a conversation followed suit.

"...seen Viviana for years, Rion. Of course im anxious to embrace my sister again. What time did she say she would be here?"

Celdiur stepped through the doorway, rubbing his hands together, welcoming the warmth of a roaring hearth. He still donned the same clothing he had worn at the meeting earlier. Another man followed behind. Like Celdiur he had short black hair, slightly longer than his to be precise, and bore similar features upon his face, albeit with a more youthful hint. He wore blackened brigandine over mail, the crest of the Royal Army proudly displayed upon his chest.

"Calm yourself, brother. Rest assured that she looks forward to seeing you again. I should know, ive heard nothing else the past week except your bloody name from her lips. She should be here soon"

Rion glanced over at the bar.

"Ale?"

"Aye", Celdiur responded as his brother walked over to the bartop. He glanced around the room. The tavern appeared to be quiet still. He recognised the Legionnaire sitting by himself, the one who had fallen asleep several times in the meeting. He would have an ale sent to his table later, as the man already enjoyed his own. He choose a table near the roaring hearthfire and awaited the return of his brother.

Last edited by Sir Celdiur Moriendor on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:02 am

Jareth took the first sip of his Ale when a Knight of the Eventide entered the Tavern. He recognized him from the meeting.
He didn't remember his name so he decided to walk over to his table.

"Good Evening Sir, my name is Jareth.I remember you from the meeting. Do you mind if I join you? Such dark nights are better spent in company."

Jareth smiled a bit and hoped he wouldn't look like a total idiot with his Ale in hand waiting for reply.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:26 am

Zekic entered tavern, and quickly sighted over the area, he wasnt in good mood.

He took a seat near one of more central tables, near some very drunk fellows. Zekic intentionally chose place close to most drunk and prone to violence looking group.

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 4:35 am

Lucius zoomed past a group of haughty patrons, eyes fixed at the bardesk where his salvation lay. He needed ale.

"Your best ale, my good man," he said in tones that spoke of great weariness. Paying a few coppers to the stocky fellow, he received his pitcher and turned around, looking for a place to sit. His eyes rolled over the large frame of Sir Celdiur, sitting on a table with a man he didn't recognize. They both had the same look, though, so he could've been a relative. He moved closer elegantly, holding his pitcher loosely in the other hand, the hearthfire warming him more with every step he took.

"I trust I am not interrupting, Sir Celdiur?," he asked carefully.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:14 am

Celdiur eyed the two legionnaires curiuosly.

"Interrupting? Not at all. My brother and I are simply relaxing after the days trials. Please, your more than welcome to sit with us. Lucius and...Jareth, wasnt it?", he grinned as he said that name.

"I highly doubt that you saw anything other than the table my friend let alone me! Are the Cultists really that bothersome that you dont have time to sleep back in Cez?"

Celdiur chuckled to himself before signalling to his brother to bring a pitcher instead of two tankards.

"Anyone hungry? No offense to the Silvermists but fruit is hardly fitting for such a long meeting. I could use a good roast chicken myself"
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:00 am

Jareth laughed at the comment of the knight.

"I am only a soldier and not made for that much talking. The only thing I am at this meeting is for the defense against the Cult."

Jareth sat down and took a sip of his Ale.

"I dont want the Empire lands to be weakened on this meeting. My Grandmaster and his right hand Lucius are here to care for the big picture."

Jareth emptied his mug at once and put it down again on the table. After cleaing his mouth with his backhand he continued.

"And yes the Cultist really keep me awake too long."

Jareth laughed out loud at his own comment but there was no warmth in his laugh. Deep inside he knew that this was just too real and his men are fighting against Cult Patrols right now.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:13 am

The man shrugged.

A brother-in-law of a distant friend of my cousin said the council is waiting for the outcome of a certain meeting in order to judge the trustworthiness of some knighthood order. That's what they say, but who knows what of it is true?

He smiled impishly.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:31 am

"Ah. I see. Well, you can tell your cousin's friend's brother in law that a certain knighthood order will do all it can to assure Singal comes out and benefits from this meeting."

Varys stood up, put a coin on his table and inclined his head to the man.

"I will return here when the talking is over or if something of importance happens. I assume you don't wish to be told certain things, like what fruit the Silvermists eat, or what color the Griffons shit. The answer to that last one is Mordred's." Varys smiled at his little joke.

With that, Varys turned and headed toward the entrance, leaving to join Celduir.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Aelos left the Chapterhouse after a brawl in the common room and headed out to the Sword and Lion, a place where the old Sarleon nobility was held in high regard. He wore a simple griffon tunic, with the silvered longsword beside him. His horse, Eomyr, an old horse bred by the Fierdsvain and not easily scared, and this proved useful in the crowded Sarleon streets.

He left the Horse with a stable boy outside, he gave the boy a few extra denars to keep an even sharper eye on the beast. He had his doubts if anyone was brave enough to steal a horse that wore Griffon colors, but you'd never know.

He noticed a few high ranking Order knights among the tavernguests, although suprised he showed no signs that he saw them and made his way towards the bar.
"Ale"
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:42 am

Varys hurried to the door of the tavern. He put up his hood, and entered the building indiscreetly. He slowly made his way over to Celduir, not calling any attention to himself. When he walked into hearing range, he overheard a Legionnaire talking about the Cult. He smiled and said, "Dear me, what is it we have here?"
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:36 am

Celdiur gazed up at Ser Varys.

"A simple discussion of the events in the East, nothing more. I dont believe any of us wish to leave this meeting in a weakened position, Jareth. Let us hope that we can come to a suitable understanding that benefits all parties"

He downed the last few dregs from his tankard before signalling to the barkeep to bring a fresh round.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:06 am

Varys pretends to drop a coin on the ground, and as he bends over to pick it up he indiscreetly whispers, "We need to speak later, in private," to Celduir.

He straightens up, takes a seat, and smiles at the Legionnaires. He turns his attention to the barkeep bringing more ale, and takes a mug.

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Aelos decided to keep a close eye on the Order knights and sees the man that introduced himself earlier as Ser Varys dropping a coin and picking it up, no doubt an attempt to cover up a whisper, of wich this spider is reputed to be the master of.

He took a sip from his ale and started a count, two of the legion, two of the eventide. What would they plot?
Aelos drank the rest of his ale and joined a few tavern guests playing a fair game of knife throwing... but never truly lost sight of the four plotters.

ooc: knife throwing = Darts :p
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 am

The only indication that Celdiur gave that he had heard Varys was a slight incline of his head. The barkeep brought over a fresh round. Celdiur examined the foamy tankard for a moment as he always did out of habit before lifting one into the air.

"To good health my friends, and to the continuing strength of the kingdom"

He took a deep swig of ale before relaxing slightly, and thus began the small talk that consumed the better part of an hour.

"Oh, I almost forgot, fellow knights, this fine young man here is my brother Rion..."

Once some time past and the ale ran dry, the group left the tavern and made there way back toward the castle to continue the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Frustrated, angry and dissapointed, Celdiur stormed off through the castle to his quarters, eager to find something to take his mind off of what had happened. When he arrived, he found only his young squire Sibrand, a book in hand and a look of hard concentration on his face. He immediately put is down when Celdiur entered the room.

"Sir Celdiur, I did not expect you back so soon"

Celdiur frowned, "Neither did I Sibrand. But this meeting is becoming more and more of a farce with every passing moment"

He noticed then that Sibrand was still in mail and his sword was nearby. Celdiur grinned.

"Pick up your sword, Sibrand. Were going down to the training yard. Its been a good long while since last we sparred. Lets find out how much you've learned since"

Sibrand grinned and nodded his head. He went back to his book for a brief time whilst Celdiur prepared, before both left for the yard.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Lady Laisha walked out into the streets of Sarleon and breathed in the night air. She abruptly coughed. It was not that the air was particularly foul in Sarleon; it was just...different. She pulled her cloak on, leaving the hood down as she walked farther from the castle.

She cast her gaze about as she walked down the road until she happened upon a man dressed rather innocuously as a commoner. "Any news?" she asked.

"None at all, m'lady." The commoner smirked a little as he fell into line and the pair started to walk together. His face quickly turned serious again. "I saw the duke enter some time ago. I hope there wasn't any trouble."

"Accusations of treason mostly," answered Laisha matter-of-factly. "He even had Sir Aranor arrested. That was on top of constant bickering and indecision on how to partition the land. The constable didn't look too happy about how things turned out today at all."

"Makes sense. Seems a confirmation of your beliefs about knights."

Laisha seemed thoughtful a moment before smiling. "I suppose it does. I would never have spoken it in that room, though." She looked over the man's outfit. "You know you didn't have to come out today, right? Security is tight enough in the city that we don't have to worry about unwanted guests. Besides, I was sure I'd catch you listening in the hallway when I left the room today."

The man laughed. "Even I know the limits of where I should be. Since you dragged us along to this gathering, it's better that we're doing something than nothing at all."

"I suppose it is."

Their continued leisurely walk continued, just another pair of people in the streets.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:17 pm

It was already very late and the streets very barely lit. Not many people were walking the streets and the silence was only broken by rats and cats crossing the streets and feasting at the Garbage the rich people of Sarleon threw away.

In the distance one could hear the clatter of hooves coming nearer. The few people walking the streets must have thought that it was again some Messenger but as the sound came closer it was way too loud for one horse.

They were 8 men, all on horses but the Riders could hardly be seen under their black cloakes. The Iron plating of the horses was the only thing that could be seen of their passing.
They were all heading for the Silvermist Quarters.

The rest of the Legionaires set up tent outside of town and started building miniature ladders to attack a small sandcastle they just build. Fun was had by all except of the griffons.

[OOC for the Griffins: changed]

Last edited by Psychozoa on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 am

It was midnight when Varys opened the door to the main tavern and sneaked in. No one seemed to notice him, as they were too busy with their beer. He sat down at a table in the far corner, and ordered an ale. When it got to him, he sat there and waited.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon   IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon Empty

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: The Streets of Sarleon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next