An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC Scene: Aranor's cell

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Sir Aranor smiled as he saw the book. He took it graciously and rubbed his hand down the leather binding. He set it down and stood up to meet Celdiur.

"Celdiur, it is I who should apologize. I should not have said those things to you. It was not becoming of myself either. We are brothers in faith, not enemies. We fight for the same thing. Forgive me for mentioning anything about your past. There is no place for those words, because I can tell that you have truly changed. Those words have no weight, for you are not the same person that you were. You have truly redeemed yourself Sir Celdiur Moriendor. I would be honored to pray with you, Paladin."

"I would like to offer you a sign of peace."

He outstretched his hand.

Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Around this time Sir Kamos had made the trip to Sir Aranor's 'quarters' having earlier informed the King of the proceedings. His face was flat and simple as usual but there seemed to be a certain energy to it. No where more present than on his facial scar which often showed twitches that his face would not. Upon entering the room and watching the conversation he just took a position next to the door and watched for the time being.

View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Aelos and Captain Merlic had finished their chessgame by the time Gundar entered, after wich Merlic's job description had become vague. The Hall was still heavily guarded with Sir Quintus, Sir Marion and the castle guards, but the door was open and apparently everyone could now visit.
The Captian whispered to Aelos, so he would not interupt the Grandmasters conversation and left the room. Signalling his castle guards to follow. Only Sir Quintus and Sir Marion were left to guard the door from the outside.

Aelos walked up to Sir Aranor and after picking up some grapes from the table, he spoke.

"Now that you are only under house arrest, the two Griffon knights by the door will follow you wherever you go. This will allow you your visit to the chapel."

Aelos ate one grape, and looked at the Eventide knights.

"I am only following orders Sirs, but I will have to search the both of you for weapons."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:47 pm

Abruptly, as the Griffon was about to begin his search, one of the doors on the corridor slid open softly. A taller-than-average man in an embroidered coat and regular brown breeches entered through the door: a very regular-looking fellow with a brown hair and a week's growth of uncut beard, he could've easily been missed in a crowd. Amazingly, even here he did not seem out of place at all; the way he moved seemed to indicate that he knew how to use that sword hanging from his side. He moved, nearly flowed, through the floor and towards the cavalcade of knights - oddly, his footsteps did not echo.

"Hail, knights of the land! I am here to meet the Grandmaster," he said. His accent was strange; not often did you hear one such as his spoken in Pendor. "I hale from the ssouthern coast, and I am a member of the Legion."

He gave them no expression at all as he stopped a good six paces away from the group, regarding them all with that expressionless stare.

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:56 pm

Sir Marion moved his hands to the hilts of his large knifes, ready to strike if this stranger had something in mind.

"You are only allowed inside if you relinquish you weapons," Sir Marion said while he eyed the strange man.

Sir Quintus took another approach, but his swordhand rested firmly on the hilt of his own sword.

"My dear man, I have traveled all of Pendor, but yet your accent is unknown to me. Would you mind telling from wich port you hail?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:38 pm

"It is a rare slang we speak in Cez. Perhaps you have heard the sstreet slang? It is the poor peoples' version of our language in my City."

He glanced at his scabbarded blade before continuing.

"Perhaps a peace strap will be enough? I always carry one with me, for I don't like being away from my blade."

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Sir Marion frowned and stepped in the doorway, blocking the man from Cez. Sir Quintus also started to doubt the man's intentions.

"Clearly that will not do. We were told to take any arms from the men that want to enter, and so we will."

Three guards patrolled this short part of the hallway and had stumbled upon the scene, seeing that the knights obviously distrusted the regular looking man with the uncut beard, they immediatly positioned themselves around him, hands steady on their swordhilts.

"Need help, Sir knights?"

Sir Quintus felt strangely relieved when the guards arrived, somehow he felt this stranger was a very adapt fighter.

"If he leaves his sword behind, everything will be alright."

In the room with the Grandmaster, were not only two knights Sir Quintus did not know, but also Sir Kamos, his marshal and a man famous for his fighting abilities. No one would beat him in a fist fight. He couldn't help but show a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:23 pm

The fellow looked afraid for the first time. Close to panic, he looked around, nearly stumbling into the soldiers who had enveloped him from the behind.

"What is the meaning of this? Gods, if you so much want to have my sword, then take it! I am no thief nor beggar, but a member of the bloody Shadow Legion! Why, have the Griffons became so obnoxious nowadays that they mistrust everyone not in their Order?"

He took a deep breath, and another. He took quite many of them, in fact, until he seemed a tad calmer than before.

"Forgive my outburst, fellow knights. No guards or swords are necessary, so you can order your thugs to back off and continue on their duties. Here." he unbelted his sword and handed the scabbarded blade to the Griffon.

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Sir Quintus looked relieved when the fellow gave his sword away/

"I am sorry, but within these walls we can not afford mistakes. It increases our paranoia. If we had met in a tavern or on the field during a harvest day, I would be most kind."

Sir Marion smiled and stepped aside for the man to enter. "Given you help Quintus with harvesting, ha ha"

the guards eased up and nodded to Quintus before they continued their patrol duties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 pm

"By the way, my name is Marius."

He left the words hanging in the air as he flowed through the opened door into the Dawnite Grandmaster's quarters, relinquishing on the smells that came from inside. Food, lots of it.

Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 am

Varys shook his head.

"The vote wouldn't have mattered much as I was the only one left to vote, and it was obvious that the system was going to pass. I voted for the council proposal provided it has a testing phase. Now, if you'll excuse me Sir Aranor, I must be going."

Something in his head was screaming at him to take his knife out, to attack everyone in the room. It took all his willpower to resist.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:37 am

Sir Azrael arrived at the cell right behind Marius. He had a curious demeanour on him as he approached the guards.

"Anything interesting happening over here?" Sir Azrael said while handing over his longsword to the guards.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:53 am

"Nothing of note, Sir Loremaster. Just what you would expect when a Grandmaster is jailed for treason."

A guard came towards them, whispering something in Quintus' ear and leaving again.

"If you'd excuse me." he turned around and walked into the room,

"Sir Grandmaster, it is time for your trial. You have been summoned."

Last edited by Aelos on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 am

"Well that's a shame, I was hoping to talk with Grandmaster Aranor. But it seems that he is wanted elsewhere now."

Sir Azrael took his sword back from the guards.

"I'll be going to the court in advance if you excuse me."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC Scene: Aranor's cell   

Back to top Go down

IC Scene: Aranor's cell
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2