Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Future Events and Conflict

Go down 
+5
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Mordred
Isabel Tenorio
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:33 am

Yup, and character injuries Very Happy

Well, as an example of good sportsmanship during the Stormcliff Clove:

Marcus led a charge against the Veccavi, but later became isolated from the main force. He cut down several Kral/Kroms, finally killing an officer of that unit, but was then temporarily knocked unconscious by a mace to the forehead. He had to be rescued by the Legionaries, which fortunately did manage to kill those who had assailed Marcus with javelins and then carry him away from the scene of battle.

Sorry for using myself. Razz

I'd like to stress on the point of leaving the ultimate decision of HOW your character is wounded to the player.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 am

I would like to point out that, when I talk about character death, I'm also refering to the the possibility of obliteration of one's order, of being stripped of one's titles, of being demoted or exiled.

For example: going to war against another order is something to be carefully weighted, because the consequences are severe. My thoughts are that dramtic actions of this kind should not be covered by the RP armor.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 am

Also one of the Gauntlets broke his leg during the battle in Veccavia, and was effectively immobilised because of it.

It was a bit like this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JglnSrfJtyQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=21s (to 53 seconds)

As for Order obliteration, this is unlikely to happen. Could they lose all their lands? Certainly! But then the Crown would encourage them to either disband or merge with another so as to allow them to claw their way back. Character death however is entirely down to the player, though GM's should have no compunction about injuring them or giving them crippling wounds if they do something really really stupid.

Think of it in PoP and Mount and Blade terms, get "killed" and you are knocked out, and become unable to interact in the scene until you are either revived or you lose. In some situations, knocking out a vital PC through clever tactics could tip the scales in a battle, as the troops under their command lose the initiative that having a Player commander gives.

Regarding promotions / coups... that is down to each individual Order, I know one person has been demoted already.

EDIT : And I am sure that to a Silvermist, the Gauntlets really do look and act like that...

Last edited by Mordred on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 6:46 am

I imagine that preventing the total destruction of an Order is something that the King would have an interest in. IE, the Royal Army gets involved for the mediation of the conflict. With the military Orders running around, the King needs several of them to form a balance of power among themselves.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 3:37 pm

Eh the only way i see order could be destroyed, is when it got 0 character's in it left, but it can reemerge if let's say 3-4 guy's(or gal's ^^) wan't to raise this order from ashes.

Quote :
Soooo, Zekic... You are ready for character death? Because Lucius would totally be up for that after your attack on Saeros.

Well you know, Sir.. Grandmaster in you are in injured state, and well.. i am young, strong warior, you never know what's gonna happen.. meybe Gountlets need a change of leadership.. we can't show weakness, noldor and silvermists should be destroyed long time ago.. Sir grandmaster. Razz
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 5:52 pm

For the most of 2 pages everyone has said in character and out of character several times along with vague examples...

Whats the problem? I dont see one, everythings seems great, there's things happening that everyone has a stake in, people are worked up, which means they care and there will be some saeros consequences of the outcome. Its essentially the perfect Roleplaying situation.

About people getting worked up over IC situations, I dont think anyone personally is, but thinks other people are, anyway, were bound to bicker like children, people will get over it, and if anyone is the sort of person that can't get over it then do we want them here in the first place?

Everyone is harping about OOC affecting IC, when has this happenned and how has it in the least bit mattered? Roleplaying is about interaction between characters to events, fair enough if everyone kept bringing up Marcus running from the snake cult when no one is supposed to know, but nothing like that has happened, so again, what is the problem?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future Events and Conflict   Future Events and Conflict - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Future Events and Conflict
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2