Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC

Go down 
+15
Ser Varys
dowpride
Kamos
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Slopsen
Tubby McChubbles
Saeros
Mordred
Sir Aranor
DiabloDude
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Pravenstern
Sir Haegon
Iskar
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

Throne Room OOC - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Sir Aranor wrote:
What the literal F**k.

Griffons, what were you expecting to happen by telling all the nobles that the orders had all their fates in their hands.

Fun.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Sir Aranor wrote:
What the literal F**k.

Griffons, what were you expecting to happen by telling all the nobles that the orders had all their fates in their hands.

S*** and giggles.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:11 pm

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Third time reading through the Council Thread.

We posted too much.

I can unequivocally say this: I didn't.

Also, It's hilarious because my nobles still vaguely like me.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:52 am

Considering the rather dramatic impact of the Noble Bomb, we are considering making all forces tied up in current events available for the first turn of the new Meta Game (and beyond, so the current events really end -before- it.)

This will mean that I will need a realistic estimate of casualties suffered during those events, so we have a decent work up of available forces.

Additionally... please hurry up on those events!

Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:54 am

thank you very much for the clarification. So we can change the orders for tomorrow again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:55 am

Ok. Lorewise the major events end before the council, then.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:57 am

Metagamewise, I'd rather stall the effects of the noble bomb until the events are over, since the casualties and other troop relevant outcomes are rather difficult to estimate in some cases. The events themselves can still be finished at a somewhat faster pace, though.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:58 am

It may be best to just delay the beginning the new Metagame until the events are over, and the appropriate outcomes are reflected in the Metagame when we begin.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:00 am

Don't forget we'll also try to capture ships at Cez and use them in Lake Avendor.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 am

Saeros wrote:
Don't forget we'll also try to capture ships at Cez and use them in Lake Avendor.
You lack access, your action has failed. In addition, the ship owners are angry at you. Take -0.100 to your relationship with Merchants
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:02 am

Is capturing ships still a thing? When we discussed the naval metagame in the Den a few months ago, I had a gradual shifting of my view on captures... and no one spoke against it. It's just like getting free land troops.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 am

To be honest I'm neutral in that. They don't even have to be functional for what I have in mind in Marleons (just don't be a pile of burnt wood).

At any rate, we have a guy drawing detailed sketches of those ships, so we will add the designs to our our armada anyway.

Last edited by Saeros on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:06 am

Oh no... mutant squirrel carriers!
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:08 am

Saeros wrote:
To be honest I'm neutral in that. They don't even have to be functional for what I have in mind in Marleons (just don't be pile of burnt wood).
Well, the news should be arriving soon.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:23 am

Iskar wrote:
Metagamewise, I'd rather stall the effects of the noble bomb until the events are over, since the casualties and other troop relevant outcomes are rather difficult to estimate in some cases. The events themselves can still be finished at a somewhat faster pace, though.

My only issue with this is that I called an end to the events nearly 3.5 months ago, and they are still going.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:25 am

Calling an end is not too effective if more than one player is involved, I fear. To be honest the events are moving now and we have waited long enough with nothing happening, so I do not see why we should wrap it all up and destroy the roleplay opportunity now that the events are finally running again.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:29 am

The events have already been running for over a year, even with the slow pace of progress... surely people are bored of them by now. We have plenty of material to work with if the events were to end in the next week.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 am

I wouldn't mind just writing an end to Cez event. The battle WILL take some time and honestly, it is just handier to write a more or less realistic ending and start a main event that has probably been on shelf for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:31 am

Nope, the events have not been running for over a year. They have been stagnating for most of the time and now that actually something is happening we should not just end them abruptly. A wrap up and autocalc can never do justice to plans and tactics that people have been waiting to enact for so long.

PS: The battle itself can easily be wrapped up after tactical decisions have been taken into account, just not the whole event, since there is more than just the battle.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:44 am

The sad thing is, most players are about to start the battle while a couple of side-shows can still run.

It would be possible for everyone to make their tactics clear and then jump to the end-'briefing'.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:49 am

I continued the Cez discussion in the appropriate board. As for Laria, Javiksholm, Ethos and Singal they can hardly be wrapped up, since the remainder of those events is solely based on which decisions the characters make, so not sort of autocalc possible. I (and Aranor as far as Laria is concerned) will just have to try and be as fast with the responses as possible.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:24 am

Javiksholm and Cez are the most pressing (with Laria less so), as those are where significant Meta Game resources are tied up. It is less of an issue for Singal and Ethos are those are entirely Player-driven as far as I am aware.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:09 am

Quote :
Edit: Ugh. Italics are not working right.
They never do. That's why the Roman Empire collapsed.

*. No it's not.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

My 9th grade chemistry teacher said that Rome fell because they drank red wine from.... some kind of cup. It resulted in lead poisoning, which affected their brains.

Thus they were conquered by barbarians.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:20 am

In Germany they're called natives Very Happy

Possible, but I think lead poisoning by cups was more of a medieval thing. In Rome much of the kitchen utensils were made of copper, iron, and clay (for the lower strata).

There are many theories for their downfall. Some of them:
- immigration: they allowed uncultured and undisciplinded barbarians to acquire Roman citizenship.
- economic collapse: not enough slaves, and no possibility of conquering other lands and finding more of them.
- corruption
- failure of their institutions.
- too many crazy emperors.

The barbarian migration was just the coup-de-grace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC   Throne Room OOC - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next