Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Total War Games

Go down 
+12
Allard Ward
Sir Aranor
Mordred
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Tubby McChubbles
dowpride
Slopsen
Datedsandwich
Iskar
tobberman
Sir Arceon
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

Total War Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 am

I havent played any other ones beside Civilization Revolution and Civ 5 but Civ Rev was awsome.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 am

the only thing i like more about civ 5 is the combat system. i hate... HATE the system in civ 4. its like, that guy had a 1.6% chance to not die. HOW DID HE WIPE MY ARMY OUT?
Back to top Go down
Allard Ward
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:15 am

Oh wicked, Total War.

I've only played Shogun 2. I have the original game and Fall of the Samurai.

I love them both so much. When I'm not playing PoP, I'm playing Shogun 2.

Personally I like Fall of the Samurai better. It takes the dynamics of Shogun 2 and turns them around.

In Shogun 2, it's super melee focused. You can win entire battles without firing as single archer or matchlock volley. Generally, in order to win a fight, you need very elite units and more men than your enemy. Fall of the Samurai is such a different challenge. The firearms and the cannons of the time are so freaking lethal it's scary. You can obliterate entire cavalry units with two volleys. Heck, one of my most successful armies was cannons and sharpshooters. The extra range of the sharpshooters sent my enemies heading for the hills. By the time my foes were in range, the sharpshooters had already released two volleys.

Sorry, nerd freak out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am

Yeah I know what you mean I love the game too. The one thing I like about the original Shogun 2 is watching the arrows fly and hit your enemy's, though the naval combat was horrible. One thing Fall of the Samurai improved on was the naval combat, it wasn't just boats serving as mobile platforms to shoot arrows off of. Another thing Fall of the Samurai improved on from past games is the amount of damage weapons did, like in Empire and Napoleon you could fire volleys for like 5 minutes and the enemy unit still wouldn't be dead. Now the fire fights are much more satisfying and the cannons leave a pile of dead bodies every time.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

I never played a huge amount of shogun 2 (I was more into RTW), but I have one vivid memory of a multiplayer battle.
The start of the match I sent my cavalry off around the edge of the map, and moved my spears/swords to the river running down the centre of the map. My opponent's army was all still together, and my archers began to harass him. He was forced to attack, because he had far less ranged units than I did.
His cav was on the flanks, so I shifted my spears to block him as he crossed the river, and managed to rout them pretty quickly, as they had no speed in the ford and my spears ravaged them. Then he pushed his infantry across, and because I had far less melee troops, I was losing the river. My cav finally arrived and routed his archers, then ploughed into the back of the river troops and wiped them all out.

I killed pretty much his entire army for the cost of one routed spear regiment. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:25 am

Those are the multiplayer battles that make Shogun great. Allard I highly suggest getting the rest of the games. As someone who has played nearly every Total War game, from Rome to Empire, I can honestly say everyone is different from the other and fun in its own aspects. I highly suggest Medieval 2, Its modding community is wonderful and is always supplying new content so the game never gets old. What I would find interesting is a PoP mod for Med 2. Mordred?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:33 am

Mordred's making a commercial game at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:34 am

Oh that's right the one about the vikings. By the way I wasn't being serious, I know he doesn't have the time.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:49 am

Sir Arceon wrote:
What I would find interesting is a PoP mod for Med 2. Mordred?

Unlikely to happen I am afraid, though I have begun to dabble in Unity (the engine we use) to create a turn based strategy using the mechanics developed for Manifest Destiny (the Aftermath meta game), though I am struggling with the programming so no idea if it will work or not, or if I will dedicate enough time to make it "good".
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:50 am

Yes the annoying thing about modding is that it is done differently for every game.
Back to top Go down
Allard Ward
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:13 am

Sir Arceon: Yeah, I've been considering it. I just need another massive steam sale weekend again. And the restaurant to pay me. ._.

Mordred: Based off of what I read in the explanation of the system, it'd be a very interesting game. Using smaller hexes and perhaps a larger variety of orders, factions, so on, I think it'd be amazing to play. Sheesh, now I'll be thinking of this all day!
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am

I agree I would love to play a game like that.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:38 am

Allard Ward wrote:

Mordred: Based off of what I read in the explanation of the system, it'd be a very interesting game. Using smaller hexes and perhaps a larger variety of orders, factions, so on, I think it'd be amazing to play. Sheesh, now I'll be thinking of this all day!

My thoughts precisely.
Back to top Go down
Sir Thash Kor
Knight
Sir Thash Kor

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 11:41 am

I have all of them except Medieval two... my favorite Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Mordred wrote:
Sir Arceon wrote:
What I would find interesting is a PoP mod for Med 2. Mordred?

Unlikely to happen I am afraid, though I have begun to dabble in Unity (the engine we use) to create a turn based strategy using the mechanics developed for Manifest Destiny (the Aftermath meta game), though I am struggling with the programming so no idea if it will work or not, or if I will dedicate enough time to make it "good".

That actually does sound kind of interesting. I do enjoy turn based games.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:21 am

Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 am

I know I'm dying of anticipation too.
Back to top Go down
Allard Ward
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 am

I may have just had a nerdgasm there. I really want Rome 2, it looks EXCELLENT!
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Its supposed to be entirely different from the rest of the games in the series, because it has alot less sieging like in real warfare. To much sieging was an annoying part of the past games and I'm glad they are finally addressing it.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Made all the cooler by this

Spoiler:

They showed us that clip at the Dev Conference, just before previewing the main trailer on a cinematic screen with surround sound. Yeah, perks of the job Razz
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Sir Arceon wrote:
Its supposed to be entirely different from the rest of the games in the series, because it has alot less sieging like in real warfare. To much sieging was an annoying part of the past games and I'm glad they are finally addressing it.

As in, siege warfare forms less of the battles, or less of the campaign? Removing it from the campaign would be a silly move.

(although I never actually needed siege engines when the enemy came out to meet me anyway Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 12:51 am

Tubby, they are not removing (sorry if that wasn't clear.) they are just making it no longer as necessary. Their are going to be other methods for taking land then just sieging.

Mordred that was hilarious. lol! May I ask what your job is anyways?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:00 am

Game Developer Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Aodh
Knight
Sir Aodh

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 am

I love Total War!!!!!! Rome was the best, though Medieval II did bring some changes that made the game more realistic, the lack of different types of troupes besides heavy cavalry, heavy infantry and the late introduction of gunners, made tactics boring (though that's not the game developers fault but the periods) .... and trying to figure out what to build to get certain units in Medieval II was so much harder than the streamlined system that was in Rome.

My bro wants to be a Game Developer, and he has some cool ideas, unfortunately he is too busy to be able to join this... he really wants to though
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:43 am

There was plenty of different tactics in Med 2, in fact I thought the tactics in Rome were boring. I guess that's just my point of view.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Total War Games   Total War Games - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Total War Games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Sarleon :: The Den of Iniquities-
Jump to: