An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A change to the High Lords and Nobility

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:20 am

How many 'active' Griffons do we have left now? With Kamos, Hetzau and myself only semi-active.. only one left is Pravenstern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:22 am

I think Kamos is pretty active, he just doesn't waste a lot of time doing nothing on the board. It would be helpful for the Griffons to get another recruit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 am

Well, new recruits for everyone would be good.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:24 am

Simple and fun RP should be kept up, like what we did in the chapterhouse before Izzy and Ibram went crazy. That is still the most fun I've had actually RPing in Aftermath.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:28 am

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
Simple and fun RP should be kept up, like what we did in the chapterhouse before Izzy and Ibram went crazy. That is still the most fun I've had actually RPing in Aftermath.
+1

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:29 am

I agree, that kept me logging in. But the lack of possibilities got me searching for other forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:30 am

I hope it becomes public in the future, like the older events.

EDIT:
Quote :
But the lack of possibilities got me searching for other forums.
I say we must create our own opportunities of RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:49 am

Particularly as the "official" ones seem to tick people off... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:51 am

Saeros wrote:

I say we must create our own opportunities of RP.

Like? My training grounds and jousting seemed to fail horribly. After that I dared not try again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:53 am

I wouldn't say Jousting failed, I enjoyed it and I am well aware that you are waiting for a post again. I have a tab open for it, just need to get through all the other 9 Aftermath tabs first...

You could start another joust to go alongside the Boar / Kamos one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:02 am

I would need two forums to enact all ideas I have.

Quote :
Like?

You can:

1) RP a very idealist character, with specific goals in mind (take over Janos, kill a demon).
2) Go on a quest of vengeance against the Vanskerries.
3) Spread the word of goddess Eunomia.
4) Create a brotherhood with other players.
5) Ask to be assigned to a village. Then manage it to your liking.
6) Pick fights with other players.
7) Get a wardog as a pet.
8 ) Set fire to the Larian woods (I'm obsessed with that, I know. I realized I always mention that).
9) Smuggle Noldor equipment into Pendor. Or drugs. Or herectics. Or Snake Cultists.
10) Work secretly as a pirate.
11) Or as a double agent.

Besides: half of my events failed. Still, I'll keep planning and hosting others for as long as I'm in Aftermath.

Last edited by Saeros on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ideological ---> idealist)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:09 am

I had some ideas,

I have Aelos on a quest to recover the origins of his 'special' longsword, but that came to a halt when Azrael suggested I go to Theo...And Barclay invasion/Rebellion never started because of.... reasons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:11 am

Aelos wrote:
I had some ideas,

I have Aelos on a quest to recover the origins of his 'special' longsword, but that came to a halt when Azrael suggested I go to Theo...And Barclay invasion/Rebellion never started because of.... reasons.
I could host you a micro-event. Theo is officially dead, so you might come back to me for more advice.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 am

FYI: I posted again in Arena III. Pravenstern, Aelos, Marcus and Saeros your PMs are requiered

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:56 am

So you all know, the Nobility will generally be RPed as reactive, but not passive, as opposed to proactive. In general, they won't be approaching Orders in an attempt to achieve their goals or plots and such without being spurred to do so by the actions of other players.

More or less, if you (or rather your character) thinks that there is an opportunity a Noble would be likely to act upon, it is most likely only going to occur if your character makes the first move. It's not a strict rule for RPing the nobility, but it is my intention at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:03 am

If you're looking to know more about the Dukes and Counts in territories you influence, I will refer you to this: http://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t65-notables-of-pendor

There isn't a list of how the Nobles feel about this or that at this time. They have their secret goals, and they have their relations with each Order and the Crown. If you'd like to know about those things, it has to be done through RP. How much information you'll get will depend on how the Noble is approached, their current relationship with you, and their personality/goals.

You can either send them letters (just PM me with the IC information) or you can arrange meetings. Whether they are willing to meet with you is dependent on the above factors. They may choose not to respond to the letter, or they just may be delaying it for some reason or another. If that is the case I'll tell you that a week or however long would be generally reasonable has passed and no response has been received.

If you'd like to take any other actions, either talk to me and we'll figure out how to handle it, or put it in the Metagame orders. If you do the latter, please inform me so that I can be sure to read it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 am

1) If I devise a good plan and spend enough resources, can I assassinate a lord? Or are they protected as the PCs?
2) Can we marry their daughters, aiming to increase the global relations with the nobility?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 am

1) I believe Lords can be killed.

2) For my part in playing the Nobility, I would consider marriage at least in the realm of possibility. There isn't a family tree for all the Lords, so if this is a desire, and Mordred approves, I would roll to see if any given Lord has an available daughter (or son). A Lord agreeing is quite another matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 am

2) As I said before, I don't want to give you more work than you already have. But since we are considering all possibilities to solve the current crisis, perhaps it would be good to know if Aelfwine has a daughter in the proper age. We could include her in our terms for his surrender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 am

Mordred and I will talk it over. We already agreed that determining how the nobility is intermarried is far more work than it is really worth. A noble having an unmarried child of appropriate age seems less cumbersome, as it's a single variable. There are three relationships amongst the nobles that I am aware of right now, and one of them is the King's marriage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:45 am

It's not urgent. We must capture Marleons first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:52 am

Also, the letter that Aelfwine sent to the King is being worked on.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from Mordred, but I went through the Throne Room thread... again... and pulled out a portion of the things that were said which resulted in the Noble-Bomb.

Edit: I've finished a draft of the letter. Hopefully it will be posted by tomorrow so that you can have a basis for plotting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:59 am

I'd like to announce that I'll be roleplaying part of the Voice of the Nobility along with Hetzau.

Initially, I'll be responsible only for lords Brennus, Aldemar (Poinsbruk), Wulfric and Kyros. Mind you the latter will remain under Pravenstern's control for the entire duration of the Cez event.

Some clarifications:

a) The nobility is reactive. Meaning that them jumping into action will depend on the player's actions. They will not act as another royal order, with weekly actions and such. About their cohesion, see (c).

b) Long-term plots of these lords will be unknown for me. When something happens that might be related to them, the GMs with access to that information will PM me with a suggested course of action.

c) The knighthood orders have the advantage of being honorable elite warriors, with an absolute respect for their internal hierarchy, and a relative high unity among their members (Dawn excluded). The nobility is not united and is composed of several people, each one of them with different goals. They adhere to different principles as the orders. And what they lack in cohesion they compensate in wealth, contacts, and ruthlessness. They have remained in power for a long time, and they know how to keep it.

d) The Aelfwine event begins with a simple conflict: a document has leaked out informing him that the orders have convened to decide the fate of the nobility. What will happen depends on how you handle this situation. It may escalate into a large-scale war, or be confined to Marleons and Talon.

e) Related to (d): as far as I know, this event is not being directed by a single person, and there are many variables and opinions being considered. Just the fact that the Voice of the Nobility is actualy composed of two people means that decision will not be made in only one direction. This means that (again, as far as I know) the outcomes of this event have not been written. This may be a good or a (very) bad thing.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   

Back to top Go down

A change to the High Lords and Nobility
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2