An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just a brief heads up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:18 am

*uchkuch* High Steward Aelos I Griffonknight *uche* Barclay Invasion or sickness that kills the King?

If you do find it troublesome to continue the character, I suppose we can form a council of (Nobles and) Orders to rule until Valdemar comes of age?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 am

@Isabel: I still disagree.
The Dawn and Silvermist can make the economy collapse and bring the lords to their knees.
The Dawn and Eventide, through the Astraea Cult, influence a much larger number than their membership numbers say.
Silvermists can make deals with the Noldor, either negotiating with Ithilrandir or poking Aeldarian until he comes West.
The Legion can make deals with the Snake Cult and sell them a part of Pendor in exchange of overthrowing the nobility.
Eventide, Silvermists and Elacrai have the deadliest assassins in the kingdom.
If the king's rule is threatened, all orders can also "sell" part of of the kingdom to Veccavia, Mettenheim and Barclay.

I just came up with that. Imagine what a week of planning could achieve.

The nobilty cannot win against the orders. I'm not boasting, it's a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isabel Tenorio
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:27 am

To say anything more would be to give away too much of what's going on. I'll just say, the nobility in the reactive as opposed to passive role has a lot of potential for RP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:41 am

I am very happy and grateful to be able to announce that Tubby has heard my plea and will be forthwith acting as a co-admin and counsellor to ensure the continued neutrality of the admin-institution.

Errm ... all hail Tubby. Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 am

Apparently I'm here to prevent squirrel-related doom from falling upon us all.
I hope I can actually help, and not just get confused and flustered.

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

"Manny! Manny to the rescue!"
-The war cry of Baron Walter de Masny

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 am

Congrats Tubby, it's a very good choice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:08 am

Welcome to the club, beer's on the right, sandwiches on the left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:16 am

Who will fulfill the role of Voice of Nobility?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:53 am

So, I have spent the past few days really looking at Aftermath and analysing what in it is important to me. Initially it began as a community interaction process between developers and players, however now that I am no longer a developer I have been participating simply because I enjoyed parts of it. The problem was large parts of my role were quite frankly soul destroying, and it is on those elements I have been concentrating, because to remain active I actually have to like what I am doing. It is a hobby, it should be fun, as I hope it is for the rest of you.

I will not lie, the events surrounding the latest Throne Room event royally pissed me off. Normally I am extremely calm, but when I do get angry... Now though, I have taken several much needed steps back to get some more perspective on what makes Aftermath what it is, what I like about it, and what I do not.

1. The King; as much as I like being the all powerful ruler of Pendor, in reality his powers are chained because he needs to ensure that the Player actions are important beyond all other considerations, and frankly this is a very draining role to play. Instead, we have developed some mechanics to "play" the King, his reactions depending on three factors. Firstly, the impression of the GMs, secondly the "Gut Feeling" of the king which is determined by me, and finally a random roll which makes his personality rather more unpredictable.

2. Events; I will continue to participate in a limited manner, however I do not wish to do this full time like a host. Some will require more action, like Throne Room events, however through a combination of the new King mechanics and more advanced checks and balances between myself and Iskar as admins, and the GM this should be a far smoother process. The outcomes are spread over more people, so we have a collective responsibility to get it right. I am also pleased to announce that the Voice of the Nobility scheme will continue with Saeros and Hetzau acting in that capacity. We have devised a way to make Voices able to work on a temporary basis, so they can return to their Orders once their roles are over (though they will not have access to Order boards for the duration of their tenure). Likewise, any other players can join up as a Voice later if they want a go at the Nobility. We have the capacity to make permanent Voices too, they will have the longer term goals of the Nobles in mind, but will be asked to leave their Order entirely so as not to be biased.

3. The Dragons; despite my best efforts, I have actually really enjoyed playing as Mastifus and so will likely increase my participation with them. As such, I will ask the GMs to determine outcomes to my actions with them, and play them like an active NPC Order. Basically they will have less interactions and few if any full events, however they will still need to respond to crisis like the Playable Orders. If you have any ideas for scenarios to throw at them, please do send suggestions to a GM, and it might just happen. I will try and do any of these actions in public so all can enjoy the ongoing Dragon Saga. Besides which I rather like the fact that they add a powerful faction to the world, whose motivations are rather unclear at present. Expect some more things to happen with regards to the sleeping dragon of the north...

4. Admin; now that I have Iskar working alongside me, much of my workload has been reduced, and gradually over time I have been offloading some of the responsibilities on my shoulders to other members of the Aftermath team. I think that we have a good system in place that is constantly evolving and improving over time to manage the vast game that is this roleplay. We have roughly 30 active members here now, so sometimes decisions can take time to make, so please be patient.

5. Manifest Destiny; Ever since its inception, this has been one of the most interesting aspects of Aftermath for me, and I intend to continue to invest heavily in its development, adding new rules and mechanics as required. As is the nature of the beast, it is very much a feature in open beta, but I think this is already understood by all here and I am pleased at the reactions it is getting from the players. I am very happy to continue improving it, and I am really pleased at the willingness of others to step up and help running it day to day.

6. Lastly, and this doesn't just apply to me, but to all the people who have essentially become members of staff for Aftermath. By this I mean the Admins, the Game Masters, the Hosts, and the Grandmasters. We are all doing this in our free time in order to ensure that the other players can enjoy something that is (fairly) well organised and fair. However, at the end of the day, we do this ourselves to get a little fun out of it, and do not want to spend hours every day responding to complaints as happened following the Throne Room event. Please remember that we are human, we do make mistakes but we work hard to rectify them quickly, and to learn lessons from them. Ultimately, we are all volunteers, and would like to be treated with a little understanding and courtesy particularly when we are stressed out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:22 am

You're not the only one who was royally pissed off. I think that everyone was just generally annoyed, and during that process I have come to dislike some of the people playing this role-play. That isn't anything that anybody should be concerned of, as it is more of the 'irritation' part than the 'hate' part, yet that's how it ended up like.

I am happy to know that you have decided to lessen your own burden. I think that it should, alongside the changes made, create a much better RPing environment, supplied with healthy imaginary grounds for ideas and plots.

DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 am

I leave for one week and it seems half the world has gone...

am I the only one here utterly confused by everything going on?

Perhaps we should just RP as carrots, there cant be any OOC fights with that can there?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:45 am

OOC fights?

Let me give you an update:
Aelos finally succumbing to his grief (as I intended him to be when I created him) challenged Aranor because he holds the latter responsible for the death of Sir Roland. Especially after the throne room event where he (think he) saw a Grandmaster lying to Astraea herself and that was the final straw.

Now why does he care so much? Because he was trained and mentored by Sir Roland from a young age to the death of the true champion of Astraea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:48 am

Aelos wrote:
OOC fights?

Let me give you an update:
Aelos finally succumbing to his grief (as I intended him to be when I created him) challenged Aranor because he holds the latter responsible for the death of Sir Roland. Especially after the throne room event where he (think he) saw a Grandmaster lying to Astraea herself and that was the final straw.

Now why does he care so much? Because he was trained and mentored by Sir Roland from a young age to the death of the true champion of Astraea.

It really just looked like an angry kid shouting at an adult, to be honest.

Where was all the drama building up to be released inside him? Very few people got that, sadly.

Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:50 am

Aranor never lied, he circumvented the question, questioned the source, and said he never said it in his own camp.

There was no evidence for the quote in the first place, just some griffons word.

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:53 am

I guess I was the only one with all the other posts in mind.. but meh.. IG no one would know the full story anyway. So building it all up wouldn't have made any difference as to your character's reactions.

@Aranor.. I knew this would be something you'd protest to, that's why I put (thinks he) between those crucial two words. No one always acts from the legal truth of a matter, but from a perception of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:55 am

Why did Aelos immediately blame Aranor? Wouldn't the fanatic red dawn make more sense?

Plus there was no indication of any animosity towards my character when you were guarding me, just caught me off guard

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
Why did Aelos immediately blame Aranor? Wouldn't the fanatic red dawn make more sense?

Plus there was no indication of any animosity towards my character when you were guarding me, just caught me off guard

True, but that was before the trial. And as you know I have acces to the Dawn event because I originally intended to join that fight, partly to get answers etc etc.. but with Darlion retreating before I could make a post, that never happened. So:

seeing how Aranor succesfully manages to get rid of every other Dawn faction and major NPC. I'd say that fits perfectly if someone thinks you are a traitor. It's not immediately, it's something that could have been brewing for a long time.. with the 'lie' as I said, to be the final straw. (If you'd like to take into account the ridiculous Dawn patrol that might be a contributing factor.. be my guest)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:01 am

So being the last man standing is proof of treason? What if Roland was last man standing?

Oh well, Astraea will judge

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:04 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
So being the last man standing is proof of treason? What if Roland was last man standing?

Oh well, Astraea will judge

You are not seeing the big picture, but I will not try to explain it any longer.
Go kill Aelos so I can make another...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 am

I am more of a believer in Nuffle.

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:13 am

Aelos and Aranor i think you should resolve such conflict's IC not OOC, it's just more fun as long hatred is between charcters only. But well that's my oppinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:16 am

Zekic Thunion of Laria wrote:
Aelos and Aranor i think you should resolve such conflict's IC not OOC, it's just more fun as long hatred is between charcters only. But well that's my oppinion.

It's not hatred. (right Aranor? :p)
Just explaining why IC things happened because we don't really RP our character's thoughts. (at least I thought that was some kind of non-written rule ever since someone suggested it in the throne room and everyone stopped RP'ing them)

Edit: It's not a conflict either. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:24 am

Yeah, I was just poking fun at Aelos Smile

Sometimes I do come off a little too serious, ill put more smiley faces OOC from now on

Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:25 am

ASTREA DEMANDS MORE SMILEY FACES

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:29 am

STOP DELETING POSTS WHEN I'M ABOUT TO QUOTE THEM!

What a Face

Honestly, I don't think there will be a chance to ask Aelos.. and he won't care to answer. (the character might not know all the factors himself and is increasingly arrogant.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   

Back to top Go down

Just a brief heads up
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next