An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just talking - archived

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:47 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
Rant about Silvermists.

I must say, I found the sudden in-character rage attack against the Silvermists quite hilarious, even if it wasn't intended as such.

Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:10 am

Im glad i was able to entertain

Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:49 am

It says so several times in game that the Dawn did burn some of their best men because their research was considered heretical. Everybody seems on edge, though please try to keep this from turning into a full-on flame war. I understand all the critisism, but there's nothing I hate more on a forum than a flame war. If you don't like us, do something about it IC to make the king dislike us or something. Most people in Pendor hate the Silvermists anyways for being Noldor sympathizers, and all the other Orders have people who dislike them. Sorry if it feels like I'm lecturing, but I just don't like the direction this thread is headed and I want this to still be fun for everybody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:51 am

That was an IC rant. Ill bring it up at court dont you worry.

Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 am

That arrow on the back of an eventide, I was beginning to think about Sir Aranor. But, no: he'll probably be stabbed to death by his own knights very soon.

Quote :
but know that while your playing boy scouts with your friends the real heroes of pendor are at the front lines.
Yeah, because it's very easy to infiltrate an army of eunuchs, to cross the country in disguise armed with only a piece of wood and don't die or get captured, to spend days on a tree without food and water waiting for an ambush, to run miles without resting, to outhink the enemy and kill with minimal effort, to give up one's honor to save the kingdom - that's for pussies, right?

How about this: we can take down a fully armored knight with only a piece of wood with a bit of metal in the point. Be careful next time you raise your sword. You may find an arrow under your arms.

OOC: It's not a flame war, it's my character speaking. I personally love the Dawn because they give me something to hate in the game. Sending them to the galleys: Theo's greatest pleasure. Old times, it was... old times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:25 am

ooc: I personally loved the silvermist rangers cuz they gave me a pendorian equivalent to fanboy wannabes.
IC:
Remember, KOTD are the biggest and greatest and most well loved of all the orders, you on the other hand, are a bunch of boy scouts in a camp in the middle of the woods near Laria. You guys are pussies, come at me with a sword and fight me like a man, Ive killed demons conjured up by heretics. You aint got nothing, you didnt give up honor to save the kingdom, you didnt have honor to begin with. We knights take up vows to Astrea, you take vows to your beloved tree rats. You meditate before battle to get better at archery you say? you are all probably having a circle-wank, I knew many archers, all of which could do what you do, no, they werent stupid enough to not bring supplies with them while they waiting for an ambush, of course they had canteens cause they cant weaken themselves and jeapordize the mission. The archers also could use swords! They also when needed could go to the front lines and fight.

Have you ever seen Sarleon longbowmen? Or Fierdsvain armored archers? Of course not because they would never stoop to joining you.

Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:06 am

IC: Your order is well loved because those who openly say they do not love you are put to stake. Our vows are taken towards the peasants of Pendor, that is those who are constantly in danger to be burned for not bowing to your knights. Fighting when there is no hope of victory is not honourable, but plainly stupid and shows a lack of responsibility. A dead knight cannot protect the people of Pendor anymore. A ranger who has retreated can still hit the enemies of Pendor between the eyes and save many lives. Besides our archers being very capable at the use of swords, the other archers only need their ability at close combat because they cannot kill their enemies from afar. This world is in change, Sir knight. A well trained force of crossbowmen and halberdiers can break the charge of your beloved knights, the merchants are gaining considerable influence, the feudal lords are weakened by the long wars in the past and the new strong centralised gouvernment. You should be cautious, not to be washed away by the change - together with your outdated and stiff concept of what a knight has to be like.

Last edited by Iskar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:20 am

ooc: sarcasm you idiot, just like the sarcasm of your other friend
ic: There is no evidence to show that you have taken vows for the peasantry. Why would I expect a honorless charlatan knight like you to understand honor? Justice? How to wipe his own arse? We put to the stake heretics, understand this, HERETICS, those HERETICS are going to be against us. Actually I would claim you are against the peasantry, you have no influence over any village, you side with the bastards that used to kill peasants near Laria, any wisdom that the Noldor have we would not get anyway, because they still dont like humans, I do not need to go to the Noldor and risk my head for some ancient scroll when I can find a knight of the Radiant cross to tell me. Any wisdom the Noldor have can be attained by humans.

If you insult any of my knights again with claims of burnings at the stake, or recklessness, or burning villages, than I will turn blind eyes when they retaliate to these horrific accusations. We are allied with the merchants, they are my best friends, we are NOT feudal lords, we are servants of the people. You claim to protect the peasantry? And that we oppress them? My knights go out across the land and hunt down bandits, heretics, and all sorts of dangers to protect the people and uphold justice, I have never heard of silvermist rangers taking care of peasants? Solving problems? Actually spending their energy on things besides circle-wanks in their little camp in the woods?

Your also outdated you fool, I can train a force of crossbowmen and halberdiers in half the time you can produce a single ranger.

And about fighting without a chance of winning? That is beneficial in 2 ways, one, it shows determination to the enemy, reducing their morale, and it inspires more to take up the call to arms. I know your thinking "But wont that disuade people from fighting?"
We wouldnt want those people anyway, they were cowards at heart who put their own wellbeing over their cause.

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:23 am

circle wanks Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp84
Royal Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:07 am

Just heads up guys that having IC stuff that's clearly labeled as an "OOC" board can get rather confusing..

If necessary, I would suggest use the "Tavern" boards since that's an IC board and it honestly hasn't been used yet.. Naturally, I'm not stopping you from doing it here if you wish, but just a suggestion. Wink

MP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:42 am

I was pretty confused there for a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:34 pm

Quote :
I was pretty confused there for a bit.

Oh, it's just Dawn and Silvermists swearing to kill each other next time they are in battle. Regular stuff. You can find them doing that every friday in the taverns of Laria.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 pm

(Back, anything interesting happened?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:23 pm

You mean apart from the two main enemies of the heretics trying themselves at July-1914-rhetorics? No.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:42 pm

Well , i do agree with Sir Aranor , meditating before a battle to achieve melding of weapon and soul? Bollocks!

I dont see any of the top longbowman, crossbowman in pendor doing that, but they still can pwn.

Besides, the humans got a reason to hate the Noldor , the Noldor killed plenty of humans before the unification of pendor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:46 pm

Humans killed many humans before the unification, too. Why is there no order dedicated to eradicate the human race which is obviously most detrimental to the human race?

EDIT: I am terribly sorry, I forgot there is in fact one such order. They tend to burn things...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:51 pm

Burn things? I tought we made that clear , we no longer did that. Well, we stopped long time ago . At least we dont aid forest-hiders against ourselves. And in response to the first question : Becoz we're humans LOL..and yeah different factions tried to eradicate one another at one point..look at the old kingdom of sarleon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Furthermore , you're the only faction that is pure archers.. all you can do (to silvermists) is shoot an advancing army dead and pray that they wont reach u . Orders like the immortals are opposite, they charge towards armies ON FOOT while facing ranged weapons.I respect them for that. I also respect the KotEG coz they dont neglect their melee weapons ENTIRELY for ranged weapons.Hell , their melee weapons one of the most effective in Pendor.

So i conclude that SIlvermist are like Sir Aranor said, circle wankers and boy-scouts that dont have enuf balls to fight in melee without ranged weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:33 pm

There is so much more to a battle than just charging at the enemy. In the best case strategy, tactics and cunning have already earned the victory before you actually charge. Only those incapable of advanced tactics have to rely on sheer force. For all that precedes the final charge there are the Silvermist Rangers.

Anyway, this discussion is little fruitful and detrimental to our common cause of rooting out heresy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:42 pm

if u really care about our"common cause" you would not be accusing us of randomly burning peasents or whatever .

Excuses.

Well, the only one that is pitiful enuf to neglect a knights proper weapon is circle wankers. Even the knight of the clarion call states tat the can use lances and swords well, and i seen them do it.

Last edited by SimplePlan96 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not sticking to the lore)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:00 pm

SimplePlan96 wrote:
Well , i dont see how u hunt out heretics as ur on the other side of Pendor.. Hellooooo u will face more snake cults and mysmountains then u would in heretics.

Read the lore presented here. The barbarians and the cult have been almost entirely crushed and the Silvermist Rangers have dedicated themselves to fight the last remaining enemy of the Pendorian peasantry, i.e. the heretics.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Oh, i see, sorry . I acknowledge my mistake and therefore retract my words. However the i will still stick to the rest of the argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:17 pm

where in the game does it say that silvermist rangers dedicated themselves to the peasantry?

Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Not in the game, but in the lore that was added for this RPG.

Last edited by Iskar on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SimplePlan96
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Sir Aranor ! You're back! LOL , finally some backup Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   

Back to top Go down