Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

Just talking - archived - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:30 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Personally, I see that as a standard procedure for Griffons. The King comes first.

ofcourse, but she is convinced I am out to kill him and take his throne... so it had to be said (written)
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:35 am

I used to think the Eventide were the cold ones, but heres the Dawn and the Griffons conspiring to murder a three year old child.

King Mordred, please accept this as an official application for the Eventide to replace the Griffons as your bodyguards. We'll corrupt your mind and those closest to you, we'll murder all members of the Court that wont turn to heresy and theres no guarantee that we wont place Azlanek upon the throne for shits and giggles, but as far as im aware we arent wanting to kill your son at least! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:40 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
So ALL the Griffons are heretics! Does Mordred know about this?!
Actually no. If you have other priorities before religions, it doesn't mean you are a heretic. It means you have other responsibilities. Now, Griffons are a secular chapter. Their only great requirement is absolute loyalty to the throne. Religion as your first priority would hinder you in work.

If we were an Astraea-following chapter, we would be heretics. Sadly we're not.

And Celdiur, the assassination-movement is a separate branch. We lack in information to deal with this threat accordinlgy.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:45 am

Pravenstern wrote:

And Celdiur, the assassination-movement is a separate branch. We lack in information to deal with this threat accordinlgy.

*kuche* If you look closely at Pravenstern's signature you could figure out who commands that branch Wink
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:52 am

Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:

*kuche* If you look closely at Pravenstern's signature you could figure out who commands that branch Wink
What!? It can't be! Why would Darlion of all people betray the king now after so much hard work put into the stability of the realm and their friendship!?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:

What!? It can't be! Why would Darlion of all people betray the king now after so much hard work put into the stability of the realm and their friendship!?

Well.. I did say that you 'could',
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 am

Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:

And I believe that sarcasm rules.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:59 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Aelos wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:

And I believe that sarcasm rules.

After the King ofcourse Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:11 am

Heretical Griffon #2 wrote:
Righteous Dawnite #1 wrote:
Actually no. If you have other priorities before religions, it doesn't mean you are a heretic. It means you have other responsibilities. Now, Griffons are a secular chapter. Their only great requirement is absolute loyalty to the throne. Religion as your first priority would hinder you in work.

Astraea = Justice. The rule of the king should, in theory = Justice. If you value the loyalty to the King over loyalty to Justice, you certainly don't value Astraea. Not valuing Astraea = Heretic. Heretic = Burn.

Therefore, you Griffons need to burn. Shall we do this at my place or yours?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:31 am

For the kingdom Eunomia is a much more important goddess than Astraea. I think it's stated somewhere that Eunomia is actually the official goddess of the King.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:32 am

Fine, we can burn you too, Saeros.

Hm. I think we're going to need more wood. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:15 am

How sad most of the realm's timber come from the eastern forests and we won't supply it for the burning of one of our own men. I guess we have to ... restructure the Dawn - under the guidance of the Silvermist.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:18 am

Le gasp! The Silvermist intends to use economic pressures to allow heretics to roam free!

The entire Eastern Forest must be set ablaze!

Who know that Pendor was a lost continent?!
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Now we have entered the woods of Laria, do the Noldor believe in the Pendor gods? or do they have their own? Very Happy

because the restructuring of the dawn would be easy with some noldor backing us up.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Ana Sulran wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Ana Sulran wrote:

Astraea = Justice. The rule of the king should, in theory = Justice. If you value the loyalty to the King over loyalty to Justice, you certainly don't value Astraea. Not valuing Astraea = Heretic. Heretic = Burn.

Therefore, you Griffons need to burn. Shall we do this at my place or yours?
King = Justice, if your rant is to be believed. And thus Justice > Justice. And if you believe in that, you would already be a heretic because you haven't gone over to kill people en masse for not following Astraea.

That banter woud be great if the Griffons weren't, you know, secular? It doesn't matter if we don't follow some God's teachings because there are others. Astraea is about justice, but who's to say mortals can't bring justice to criminals themselves. Empire did fine and they didn't follow Astraea much.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm

There's still the matter of laser-guided javelins you have not taken into account.

And the joke of "setting the eastern forests on fire for heretic actions" has already been discussed over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:34 pm

leave the gods alone and focus on our Game of Thrones.

Right now we have only one - The Silver Throne.

So how and where can I be of service, without bringing Aelos and rebellion with me?

personally I wouldn't mind to let Aelos sit another.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Quote :
Now we have entered the woods of Laria, do the Noldor believe in the Pendor gods? or do they have their own?

This issue has been raised before. Noldor lore is off-limits and will remain so until SD's book is published. We can expect bits of information coming from PoP 4 before that, though.

That said, no one knows what is their religion is, nor their gods, social structure or language. Yeah, they are that mysterious. We assume Silvermist high officers know all of this, but that's only RP - the players themselves don't know it.

Anyhow, the god most closely related to the Noldor is Ullr'Vetr, also lorewise the unnoficial god of all rangers and archers.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Pravenstern really is a heretic! Someone needs to be burned. >:]

My assumption about the Noldor, as well as Ana's IC assumption, is that the Noldor have their own gods. At the very least, they worship the same gods but have their own dogma.

They're just... different.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 11:31 pm

In fact I always imagined the Noldor's relation to the gods similar to the one between the Elves in the Elder Scrolls world (Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer, Dwemer, Falmer and to some extent Orsimer) and the gods of said world (Aedra and Daedra): In contrast to humans who except for some rare exceptions have never had direct contact with the gods, the elves don't have to believe in gods because they know them. They not so much worship them as recognise them as just another faction in the struggle for power and maybe even a very source of power when gained as allies. Even the old Chimer religion (Veloth's teachings for the Dunmer before the Tribunal took over the temple) was more of a pact with the respective daedric princes than worshiping them.

Similarly I imagine the Noldor to think about the gods in a more philosophical way. (Where do they come from? Did they create the world? What restrictions are there to their power? etc. pp.)
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:32 am

TES lore is the best lore. Anyone who disagreeis is a heretic. Wink The Chimeri faith was a great one, and quite rewarding to sort through. Once the ALMSIVI stole their divinity, they had to rewrite their past religion a bit. Something tells me Azura held a different view about the contract vs worship idea though.

The Noldor might very well view the gods as their ancestors (Aedra. Daedra being 'not our ancestors' in TES.)

I'm still upset that Bethesda didn't rehire MK to write Skyrim. He wrote the basis for everything we knew about Skyrim, and the fail main plot in TESV, and his writing (Basically Morrowind, though Tedders gets an even amount of credit) was the best TES ever had!

If there are any similarities at all between the Noldor and the Elder Scrolls, there simply must be a Heart somewhere. >.>

No one touches it! It's mine! The Heart is all mine! Mordred can have his Silver Throne, the Silvermist can have their forest, and the Eventide can keep their smelly, awesome Singal, but the divinity of the Noldor Heart is all mine!
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:43 am

That Heart of Lorkhan you are talking about... well, I have it Twisted Evil

Last edited by Aelos on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 am

Surely the Heart of Aelos is not the Heart of Lorkhan!

But I'll attempt it anyway. Let me get my hammer and dagger...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 am

You forgot the Gauntlet! Now you will die...
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:02 am

I won't die, I have a LOT of health.

I also have a permanent ring of summon scamp, so there!

I also live in a tree house, and float from floor to floor...

I miss my Telvanni Breton.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next