An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
AxeMaster
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:01 pm

dowpride wrote:
why are we all talking about murder? if we have them enter the knighthood we gain all their titles and land, as well as prestigeous brothers. the nobles would respect us much more.

That would make us look weak. We are proud Knights. To let them join us just because they have power through denars is no reason to give them status in our order. I believe they would laugh at the proposal. They already have enough sway with the 7 council members to do what they please.

Its time for them to disappear... For the good of the Order and the People.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The smugglers seem frightened enough to cooperate. There is a meeting place just outside the walls which is out of sight of the city. One of the two merchants obviously does not have any children. His servants say his wife had a miscarriage and died of the complications. He seems to have named his cousins only son as his beneficiary. So the still underage boy will inherit the fortunes of both the greedy merchants, should they die.

Should a Redbrotherhood band find this meeting place at the moment the merchants arive, well.....That can be arranged. It could be our best hope to rid the people of these 2 evil oppressors.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:24 am

Iskar wrote:
Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
... rabble rouser ... use the church of Astraea ... burn the red brotherhood ...

Singal is a wretched place. If the people recognised the church of Astraea as an authority in any way, the Dawn would have invaded you long time ago. The Red Brotherhood is a major faction in Singal, there is no wiping them out with some hackneyed words.

Ok fair enough on the first point. However I stand by what I said. my character has had a lot of experience preaching and thus could rouse support for the Eventide.

As for using the Church itself, thats more or less a personal thing for my character. Celdiur would have no qualms with leading a purge against a certain corrupt faction if he was given the approval and the blessing of the Church to do so. Remember religion always sticks its nose in where its not wanted, and its presence is felt everywhere wether you are religious or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:45 am

The Church of Astraea does not have much clout in Singal, having only a Shrine (the smallest one available), however it does have one so they would be able to pull in some resources. Being a Large Town means that you could upgrade it to a Chapel if you wanted to spend the resources.

I have no problem with Celdiur going preaching, I think its a nice method by which to gain influence in a district.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:48 am

Firstly, if you want your character to be a charismatic preacher, you should be able to make up convincing sermons. To convince the populace of Singal you will first have to convince me that your character is as you say. So just play out your speeches and we shall see the outcome. I will however not grant any success just because you say "My character goes to the city council and holds a captivating speech that sways all councillors to the Eventide's cause".

Secondly, there is no organised church of Astraea in Singal. Most people in Singal care only for money and not being caught by the slavers or robbed by the Red Brotherhood. You will have to offer more than nice words.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 am

Thank you Mordred. However I have thought of another way that I can help spread our influence as well as preaching, or at the same time as preaching. If I were to go to the slums for example, which is no doubt overrun with crime, do some research into the most notorious local criminals, capture them and publicly execute them in front of a baying crowd, would that then show the people that the Eventide is on their side and will not stand idly by whilst criminals terrorise the city?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 am

Iskar wrote:
Firstly, if you want your character to be a charismatic preacher, you should be able to make up convincing sermons. To convince the populace of Singal you will first have to convince me that your character is as you say. So just play out your speeches and we shall see the outcome. I will however not grant any success just because you say "My character goes to the city council and holds a captivating speech that sways all councillors to the Eventide's cause".

Secondly, there is no organised church of Astraea in Singal. Most people in Singal care only for money and not being caught by the slavers or robbed by the Red Brotherhood. You will have to offer more than nice words.

I understand that Iskar. I wasnt expecting you to allow anything without solid evidence of my characters skills. I will see what I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:03 am

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
However I have thought of another way that I can help spread our influence as well as preaching, or at the same time as preaching. If I were to go to the slums for example, which is no doubt overrun with crime, do some research into the most notorious local criminals, capture them and publicly execute them in front of a baying crowd, would that then show the people that the Eventide is on their side and will not stand idly by whilst criminals terrorise the city?

Certainly. If you survive the investigations, however, that is.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:52 am

These suggestions are what I think Celdiur will be good for. Unless Azlanek can think of a better use for my skills.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:49 am

Sorry for taking so long. Things are a little hectic for me at the moment. Celdiur, I looked at your proposals and like them very much. You are hereby ordered by the grandmaster to help in expanding the Eventide's influence in district 1 of Singal. While Azlanek works more with official politics, you are tasked with winning the hearts of the common people and expand the influence of the church of Astrea. You are allowed to look into criminal activity, but are not to engage any major faction (Singalian Slavers, Red Brotherhood, Heretics) without the grandmaster's consent. He explains to you that the order has to be careful in such a dangerous place such as this and that the path to victory and justice will be taken one small, virtuous step at a time. You are also told that Brother Varys is in charge of paroling the sewers and anything connected to them has to be directly reported to him. You and your knights are not to act without consulting with him first.

@All: Remember that this will directly expand the Eventide's influence in the district, and will have nothing to do with the heretic's influence.

Varys: You are to move into district one as well, and conquer the sewers for our cause. We need them as part of the cabal's infrastructure.

According to Iskar's rules I will/have sent corrupt knights into district 12 and 10. Varys, as soon as the sewers are secured you are allowed to take command of one of these operations.

Malificar will be on hold until we have finished the Rp part. Sorry for that. I promise I try to post as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:10 am

sounds good. time for a bit of R&R for malificar anyways
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:18 am

Azlanek wrote:
Sorry for taking so long. Things are a little hectic for me at the moment. Celdiur, I looked at your proposals and like them very much. You are hereby ordered by the grandmaster to help in expanding the Eventide's influence in district 1 of Singal. While Azlanek works more with official politics, you are tasked with winning the hearts of the common people and expand the influence of the church of Astrea. You are allowed to look into criminal activity, but are not to engage any major faction (Singalian Slavers, Red Brotherhood, Heretics) without the grandmaster's consent. He explains to you that the order has to be careful in such a dangerous place such as this and that the path to victory and justice will be taken one small, virtuous step at a time. You are also told that Brother Varys is in charge of paroling the sewers and anything connected to them has to be directly reported to him. You and your knights are not to act without consulting with him first.

@All: Remember that this will directly expand the Eventide's influence in the district, and will have nothing to do with the heretic's influence.

Varys: You are to move into district one as well, and conquer the sewers for our cause. We need them as part of the cabal's infrastructure.

According to Iskar's rules I will/have sent corrupt knights into district 12 and 10. Varys, as soon as the sewers are secured you are allowed to take command of one of these operations.

Malificar will be on hold until we have finished the Rp part. Sorry for that. I promise I try to post as soon as possible.

Your will be done. Should I start up my own Actions thread like the others?

And just out of interest, would anyone have any objections to me using Latin in Celdiur's sermons? As some form of priestly language.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:25 am

There is now a special thread for the actions in district 1. Do you want to start yourself, or would you prefer a proper opening post from me?

You are free to use Latin, but you might find me correcting you, if you make mistakes Wink Note however, that in the Pendor lore, Latin is commonly associated with the Empire and its culture. The cult of Astraea originating from Barclay, Spanish would be a more lore-fitting choice, as this is associated with them (cf. Barclay conquistadors, etc.).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 am

Iskar wrote:
There is now a special thread for the actions in district 1. Do you want to start yourself, or would you prefer a proper opening post from me?

You are free to use Latin, but you might find me correcting you, if you make mistakes Wink Note however, that in the Pendor lore, Latin is commonly associated with the Empire and its culture. The cult of Astraea originating from Barclay, Spanish would be a more lore-fitting choice, as this is associated with them (cf. Barclay conquistadors, etc.).

Noted. Spanish it is. Btw dont slam me for spelling mistakes, i'll be using Google Translate! Laughing

Would you mind giving me an official opening? I might find it more interesting if I work from there.

Ive already decided that I will be fully armoured and with my sword for this RP. I figure that a fully bedecked knight would draw the crowds attention more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:37 am

Google Translate? Well, let's hope that yields proper Spanish... I myself do not speak Spanish, but Latin and French, and should thus be able to understand what you are trying to say as long as it is correct Spanish.

I'll be giving you an opening post this evening.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:40 am

Cheers Iskar.

I dont speak any languages myself except from my native English (in my thick Scottish brogue) and a few Polish curse words!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:19 am

I know some Spanish myself, so I could probably help in grammar issues that Google Translate is bound to have.

Would you mind making an opening post for me as well? I didn't have much time, so I put a small open ended tract in the thread that you kindly moved for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:45 am

i know english, and as a non-french canadian, canadian. hate learning french. so just english with german swear words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AxeMaster
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Iskar wrote:

I, Sir Kendric, would prefer a proper opening post.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Have we already decided what your part in all of this will be?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
AxeMaster
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:51 am

(ooc)
I dont think I should be inserting my own stories with nothing to go on. I think it would be better with some guidance from the people who know what is gonna happen. I believe I can play into whatever situations you stick me with but as for trying to insert myself somewhere...

Although if I need to start up my own actions just point me where to post my thread.

I'm just triying to save all the "hey what the heck are you doing, you cant do that" posts that are inevitable if I go in blind.

I would like to play a part in the Espionage, spying, assassinations, etc. My character has lived in Singal for 5 years and the 5 years before that was trained by an assassin.

Best regards,

AxeMaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:47 am

Just to be sure. You are a pure knight, right? A follower of Astrea and a protector of the weak? I just ask because I was rather surprised to see such a character being a trained assassin. This really is a pity, because as a pure knight, I can't use you for many things someone with your skills would have been extremely useful.

But I will find something for you, don't worry.

Dowpride? I have also not forgotten you. You will receive a new mission soon. I promise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AxeMaster
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:26 am

I Am a pure Knight in the aspect that I will not harm the innocent. Women and children, farmers and the working class are safe and are to be protected.

After that all bets are off. If they are enemys of the order, villans of the crown, or anything undesireable that stands in the way of our progress,
they are fair game to be removed.

As to whatever else my happen to make me turn dark, well, I leave that to you...

Regards,

Sir Kendric

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:01 am

Proposals for Malificar:

1. Covert Mission: Enter the Singal's underground as an arena-fighter and try to stay alive (this would be considered another punishment by Azlanek). Your task would become so popular and attract the interest of Fjallmurn Scorchsail, the champion of the arena who is rumoured to work for the shadow.

2. Covert Mission: Leave Singal and start to pull the rogue knights of the area together, join a band if necessary and work your way up to the top. Establish a secure hideout for your band, raid caravans (except those the order benefits from) and wait for further orders. This would allow you to be on the battlefield more often and maybe we can use these rogue knights then as an deniable asset.

In both cases you will be officially sent on a pilgrimage to atone for your sins.

Proposals for Kendric:

1. Covert Mission: I would like you to look further into this deepjuice matter and the killed slavers in the cellar. Find out who did and how they did it. He cannot allow ourselves to be that vulnerable

Covert means that you go alone and does not display anything that would connect you to the Eventide. Names included.

Let me know what you think. I am also open for other suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:22 am

gladiator one first i would prefer, as it seems like an interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   

Back to top Go down

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5