Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas

Go down 
+6
dowpride
Relatrion
Sajuuk
mp84
Mordred
Azlanek
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 2:06 am

Apologies, could have sworn I had posted this already! From SD;

Great questions. Singal is a den of vipers, all trying to vie for power and prestige. It is an unsavory place in the extreme.

Some time ago there was a Slaver who was very prosperous and had a sadastic bent to him. He decided to take the little girls who fell into his clutches and train them into deadly warriors as personal bodyguards. Later he "rented" out these "Delicious Darlings" to allied Lords to help deal with one problem or another.

This process was a masterpiece of brainwashing and training. After his death (at the hands of one of his favorite bodyguards) which was so well planned and so horrific that the notariety and fear that these women create can make a man loose his water.

Today, the loose confederation of these sexually brazen and extremely deadly women still exist. They work for one (insert Shielk/Sultan/Slaver/Merchant/Lord of your choice) at a time as individuals and take out their repressed general hatred of men in battle.

They take wayward slave girls of all nationalities and subject them to the horrors that they endured in a twisted justification of their own sadastic behaviors and in turn, create more and more "Temptresses".

However, I would prefer you to keep using the Knightly characters, it is a balancing act that you must do here. Deploy your Knights in the city and they will be able to strong arm / corrupt your enemies, however if they are not in the field following the King's orders then he may grow suspicious and choose to investigate what is going on in Singal. Also remember that as much as you can corrupt others, this corruption may fade over time if they are not "reminded" by your Knights.

It is a two edged sword, your desire to control Singal Vs keeping up appearances to the rest of Pendor. This said I'll let you create a Heretic Invoker character (I will let you know when one rises) that can be used alongside your regular Knights. Currently because you control the Chapter House you may have 1. These individuals will not be as good as fighting as your Knights (though still certainly adept) but far better at spreading and maintaining corruption. Also, unlike your Knights they are obviously Heretics, with some mutations and runes carved into their skin. Basically they will act as your district commanders / governors and you can give them orders regarding how you wish to proceed.

The Chapter House is what you want to it be, you have been in it a while so have had time to develop it however you see fit; again just let me know. It could be a purpose built structure (facilities will be better but it stands out more) or an old one (more restricted in what you have, but more subtle. Could even be that the citizens of the town have no idea where your Chapter is based... Your choice, I will trust your judgement to keep it reasonable.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:48 am

Okay, so no other characters aside from heretic invokers.

After talking with Relatrion I think we still need to clarify a lot of things before we actually can get going. I will simply throw my random thoughts in here and all with the rights to read this thread are welcome to comment on it, Mordred having the last word. I think this is the best way to get a clear picture of how the starting situation is and how we will run things.

The Chapterhouse:

Spoiler:

The Heretics:

Spoiler:

Structure and Communication:

Spoiler:

Other Cells:

Spoiler:

There are some additional ideas for possible cells, but I think I have already written enough for today and it is getting kind of late already in good old Germany. So I will just stop here and wait for your comments.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:03 am

By the way. Do you happen to have an opinion on Dathlos? We has applying to join as a demon, but that request was (thankfully) denied. If we now get a demonic invoker, that might be a role he might enjoy. This is not really a request by me yet, just a thought that crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:54 am

we should put our own people into power positions among the head councilors of the city. then we can do whatever we want, and still remain disguised. the first people we should take down are the slavers. they are the backbone of the underworld, and the economy, and with them marching to our tune, we shall quickly have enough funds to do whatever we wish with.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Taking over the council is the long term goal, yes, but it won't be easy. I want to wait until Mordred has clarified the situation with the heretics for us/if he approves my organizational system for them, before we decide on any actual plans.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Azlanek wrote:
By the way. Do you happen to have an opinion on Dathlos? We has applying to join as a demon, but that request was (thankfully) denied. If we now get a demonic invoker, that might be a role he might enjoy. This is not really a request by me yet, just a thought that crossed my mind.

Rather not, I would prefer to keep players as just the Order members.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 11:40 pm

Azlanek wrote:
Okay, so no other characters aside from heretic invokers.

After talking with Relatrion I think we still need to clarify a lot of things before we actually can get going. I will simply throw my random thoughts in here and all with the rights to read this thread are welcome to comment on it, Mordred having the last word. I think this is the best way to get a clear picture of how the starting situation is and how we will run things.

The Chapterhouse:

Spoiler:

The Heretics:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Other Cells:

Spoiler:

There are some additional ideas for possible cells, but I think I have already written enough for today and it is getting kind of late already in good old Germany. So I will just stop here and wait for your comments.

Just to make sure this has not been overlooked. If you haven't had the time to look over it so far, that is completely fine. I don't mean to rush.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:46 am

Azlanek wrote:
The Chapterhouse:

Sounds fine to me. By all means have a nearby structure to use for secret meetings, that could even be linked to the city's sewer system, though be aware that you would not be the only ones to use it as an underground road network!

Azlanek wrote:
The Heretics:

I had not yet done the math when I figured the 800 heretics. As each Order has a set of retainers, those were you be your "retainers" they are just a more secret force than the armed masses the other Orders can field. Essentially you could make the call to all your heretical followers, though the 800 are what would more or less immediately answer the call (and the equipment available for them to use) and would fight like the low-tier Heretic troops you find in PoP3. The rest would rise eventually, though are of more immediate use as a private police / intimidation force and an indicator of your influence. You can of course dedicate resources to stockpiling more gear, or training them to be a militia force (the closest examples I can think of are Hitler's "Brownshirts" or Mussolini's "Blackshirts"). The question you need to ponder is do you want them working as roving gangs to consolidate your power (and press others into service, fear is a powerful tool) or keep them secret and strike from the shadows in one sudden blow.

Azlanek wrote:

Love it.

Azlanek wrote:
Other Cells:

Yup! Good.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:48 am

Awesome. Dowpride? What would you want to do with Malificar in all this? He is not really a sneaky operative if you know what I mean. Any wishes?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:44 am

when you want to have someone executed publically, want an attack led on an area, or want someone intimidated, then malificar is your man.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 am

So, as the mini-event should soon, as promised, an update on how I think we should tackle it.

1. Use our network of heretics to gain intel on the city, its factions and the city council. Try to use our few followers among the nobility, merchants and slavers to put spies into our targets households.

2. Ask the City council to allow the Eventide to regulate/take care of the slums around the chapter house. As the area is poor and neutral, they might agree to it. This will bind a considerable amount of our knights, until we have trained enough Ghilmen to take over these responsibilities, but it should be a clear sign to the King that the Eventide is trying to help the city's population. Also, when we command the forces watching over an area, we can still arrange for them to rarely visit certain locations, or simply be needed elsewhere when the heretics move. Remember, few of the Eventide know we are in league with the heretics, and few heretics are aware that their coven is secretly led by members of the Eventide. So this would be the ''official'' policy of the Eventide. If the council agrees we would start with a small area, policing bigger parts of the quarter as we grow in power.

3.Send a few of our corrupted knights into one of the other neutral areas of the city and start establishing our power base. I think it would be better to try to take over the neutral areas first, before we clash with the other factions, so that we can rely on enough resources and manpower. However, even then I would prefer it to settle matters silently and discretely. The less attention Singal draws to itself, the better. The knights we send will be disguised and not be recognizable as members of the Eventide. This anonymity has to be maintained at costs. Since very few people the knight's faces under their heavy helmets, few people will recognize them should one of our agents be caught. Still, we have to be very careful. I would suggest area 13 as our first target.

4. Invest a portion of our remaining wealth in ''relatively'' stable trades to slowly make some money. Protect our interest against bandits and ''rogue'' heretics (who not yet follow us). Establish one secure trade route to Sarleon and try to make money by offering merchants to travel with these specially protected caravans. This should both bring us wealth as well as appease the King.

5. Start training new support troops, called Ghilmen. For this purpose Azlanek will go the slave markets again, looking for possible war veterans to act as trainers. Maybe he can use magic to scan the peoples minds/hearts or find those most bendable/controllable. For the horsemen Azlanek would search for a few Jatu horse archers. Infantry will be trained by our knights themselves. Recruits will hail from the poor of the city. At first we will look for healthy young men. If all goes well, we can also start recruiting children in the long term. They can be more easily moulded into what we need.

6. Start looking for an additional, relatively big building available near the chapter house to serve as barracks for the future Ghilmen. Also trying to find other needed personal; cooks, stable boys etc.

7. The slaughtered Veccavi army should have flooded the markets with cheap weapons. With the law of halves in place, weapons and equipment should be cheaper as it is, since the lords have less men to equip. Since the Eventide marched home with the army, they should know exactly what happened to the weapons and to whom they were sold. This should suffice to arm the first Ghilmen (and maybe additional heretics in case of an emergency) without consuming too much of our money.

8. Send heretic emissaries to other heretic covens and brigand bands to gain intelligence on their positions, strength and opinion about Azlanek's coven.

9. Send out pure Knights of the Eventide to fight the criminal forces around Singal. Arrange that especially those bands who oppose the cabal of the twisted heart are found by the knights.

Dowpride, I see your character in either 3) or maybe 9). Additionally, you could be sent on a manhunt. We know that Emir Xerxes is missing and wanted. Also, he could be a candidate for the real identity of the Shadow Wink. If Mordred is okay with it, you could pick up rumours and start trying to track him down. When we have him, we can present him to the king and maybe gain a little favour for that. You would be the leader of that mission and would be fairly independent from me for a change. Just remember that you would still have to pretend being a ''good'' knight for this.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 am

Nice ideas, let me know when you know what you want to proceed with and we can start.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:35 am

i think for my character malificar shall indeed hunt down the emir. he shall bring him back to azlanek first though, and there we can decide what to do with him. malificar can also then take over the training of the heretic soldiers. i think a good slave idea would be to buy most of the veccavian prisoners. we can brainwash the men with freedom and power, and use the women as... bribes.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 am

I don't think many women were captured, and if they were, they make poor slaves as proud and fierce as they are. Also, so far the Veccavi are not really prisoners. The other orders promised them their freedom if I am not mistaken. So we have to wait and see how that affair develops.

Looking forward to seeing you hunt, though *g*.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:47 am

just because some were promised freedom, doesnt mean they will all be accounted for... also i think the men would rather join us and gain freedom then go back to being lower then dirt slaves.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:30 am

The council will start to get suspicious of our motives if they see us acquiring a lot of new recruits.

I think we should proceed with number 6 and 7 first- having a lot of men means nothing we we can't house, equip, or feed them.

If I may, I ask for permission to work on number 3. As I am a relatively new initiate to the Order of Eventide, the people of Singal will recognize me as a Knight. They know me as simply Varys. It would help, since I have spent some time among the poor in Singal.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 am

another idea is to start assasinating those who disagree with us and blaming the red brotherhood and the slavers. this would draw attention away from us and allow us to take over said factions areas with much more ease under the guis of "catching the murderers."
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:59 am

This will also elevate us in the eyes of the others, as they will see us striving to do justice. I like that plan.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:14 am

yes, now we just wait for our leaders approval.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 am

Ser Varys wrote:
I think we should proceed with number 6 and 7 first- having a lot of men means nothing we we can't house, equip, or feed them.

Agreed

Ser Varys wrote:

If I may, I ask for permission to work on number 3. As I am a relatively new initiate to the Order of Eventide, the people of Singal will recognize me as a Knight. They know me as simply Varys. It would help, since I have spent some time among the poor in Singal.

I have no problem with you working on number 3. But the idea is to send our knights incognito, so either your second sentence misses a ''not'' or we misunderstood each other. Also, if you use Varys for your cover, you would not be able to use Ser Varys as your official name. I will not take any chances of being discovered just because of unnecessary risks like this.

And when would you have spent time among the poor? You came from a noble family and according to your story soon became employed by the Steward, didn't you. Not that much opportunity to make friends among the riffraff of the city, or did I miss something. And if you had friends among the poor that know you, they would again have heard that you worked for the Steward and would recognize your name when they hear about Ser Varys. So I am still very sceptical on this one.

dowpride wrote:
another idea is to start assasinating those who disagree with us and blaming the red brotherhood and the slavers. this would draw attention away from us and allow us to take over said factions areas with much more ease under the guis of "catching the murderers."

That is an option, but only as soon as we are ready to move against the other factions. Because while it would draw attention away from us as far as the king or the city guard might be concerned, it would do the complete opposite in regard to the slavers and the brotherhood. And we are not ready for that.

I am impressed though, how much ideas you come up with. Keep up the good work! Smile
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:39 am

ahhh a way we can begin to increase our ranks through the slave markets is by claiming that we are buying them not to be slaves, but to be freed and given places in our order and educated. we will gain a lot of supporters from this.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:19 am

Yes, I have forgot a not. I meant to insert a not there, sorry for the confusion.

As for the steward, as I worked for him, I also had to work with the commoners and the poor. He required me to help them as part of my duties. They recognize me only as Varys, and I do not believe they have heard about my initiation into the Order. If you would like, I could simply go by an alias of some sort.

@Malificar, wouldn't that risk antagonizing the slavers? They may not like it that we are freeing them, as they wish for slaves to be bought- and sold back to them. I agree that it would gain us many supporters, but at this moment, I don't believe we are in a position to risk antagonizing our two potentially greatest allies in Singal.

Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:34 am

we are going to be framing and destroying the slavers anyways.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:46 am

The Slavers still hold influence in Singal- until our influence is greater or equal to theirs, I don't see a reason to antagonize them. We will gain little compared to the risks we take.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:48 am

a few slavers will never be able to fight us,no matter their numbers. we can crush anything they send at us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next