An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Should we go ahead with this?
Yes
100%
 100% [ 15 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Make further changes
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:28 am

First of all, thanks to Aranor for first inventing the idea of this and contributing greatly in fleshing out the basic characters and their assets. Now for business:

Area in Question:

The event would take place in Mobray County (have to correct myself here from Kennet County).
Map Explanation:
Orange: Baronetcy of Kelredan. Its baronet died recently and the other baronets want to take his place.
Green: Baronetcy of Belmonfaire.
Red: Baronetcy of Yaragar.
Blue: Baronetcy of Rebache.
Turquoise: Direct holdings of the barony of Mobray.
Black: Direct holdings of the capital city.

Characters:
Baronets of Belmonfaire, Yaragar and Rebache.
Various landed knights as vassals of the baronets.
Various free knights as household knights of the baronets.
A Mercenary Captain
An Adventurer
The Archdeacon of the church of Eunomia Stabilitis at Mobray.
The Sheriff of the barony of Mobray.

Situation:
Due to an ancient tradition the baronets of Kelredan were among the few minor nobles allowed to hold a properly walled castle. Now the baronet of Kelredan has died and the three remaining baronets of the county, the baronets of Yaragar, Rebache and Belmonfaire, all have some sort of a valid claim to Kelredan. [To be worked out. Feel free to come up with ideas for the nature of their claims.]
The various landed and free knights will (or won't) follow their lieges in their endeavours. The merc captain and the adventurer roam the lands and can sell their services to the highest bidder. The Sheriff is based in Mobray Castle and has to uphold law and order across the county. He might choose to side with one of the baronets if he gets convinced that he is sufficiently lawful.
The archdeacon is the local representative of the church and would try to further charity as well as the rights of the church.

Troops and Budgets:
Baronet of Yaragar:
A well balanced baronetcy east of Sarleon. The lands are reasonably well settled and the river provides some wealth.
Levy: 30 militia, 15 regulars, 5 knights
Budget: 2500 gold treasury

Baronet of Belmonfaire:
A baronetcy that traditionally joined the defense against the Fierdsvain in the west. The increased military service comes with lowered taxes in turn.
Levy: 40 militia, 20 regulars, 6 knights
Budget: 2000 gold treasury

Baronet of Rebache:
A rich baronetcy controlling the trade route to Sarleon. The lands suffered more than others in the unification wars, so levies are smaller than elsewhere.
Levy: 20 militia, 10 regulars, 4 knights
Budget: 3000 gold treasury

Landed Knight:
Levy: 10 militia, 5 regulars, 2 knights
Budget: 800 gold treasury

Free Knight:
Troops: A mounted squire to attend him
Budget: 150 gold

Mercenary Captain (a commoner):
Troops: 10 bladesman, 5 mercenary crossbowmen, 2 maiden outriders
Budget: 400 gold
Estimate for hiring costs (subject to roleplay negotiations): 2000 gold

Aventurer (renegade noble/ third son without inheritance):
Troops: 4 fellow adventurers (weaker armour than knights, but with bows or light crossbows for versatility on horseback)
Budget: 600 gold
Estimate for hiring costs (subject to roleplay negotiations): 2500 gold

Sheriff (a commoner):
Troops: 2 Wardens (mtd. regulars), 3 Rangers (mtd. regular archers), 10 Bounty Hunters (mtd. militia with light crossbows), 20 militia
Budget: Allowance of 250 gold to do his job + 250 gold extorted from peasants as protection money

Archdeacon (a second son of a minor noble):
Troops: A personal guard of 5 halberdiers and 5 longbowmen
Budget: 500 gold allowance from the bishop of Sarleon to help the cause of the church

We would first distribute the positions among the current players (first come, first serve, squires have first call, then knights, officers take what is left). Then we might start the advertising on the TW forums and hand out the remaining positions.

Please cast your vote on this. Smile

Character distribution:

Yaragar - Alaric Reiner --> Sir Thedric Baras
Belmonfaire - Tonedyr --> Sir Laurence Stackford
Archdeacon - Haegon --> Ferrand Astigi
Adventurer - DrSane --> Sir Forn Merclan

Landed Knights:
Pravenstern --> Sir Chonrad Blackwood
Thash --> Sir Ashton Bellon
Psychozoa --> Sir Derrick Weiherr

Free Knights:
Marcus --> Sir Carax Bouss
Iskar --> Sir Ealdred Moorsburgh
Aranor --> Sir Alain Artois

Kamos called dibs on the merc captain if no squire wants that position.
Zekic called dibs on the sheriff if no squire wants that position

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:44 am

Free Knight sounds about right to me. I'm a Grandmaster, so I'll gladly take up that role.

Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:18 am

I'll step up and take a swing at one of the baronets if you need one. Otherwise, I'll fill a role that is needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:26 am

Goin for adventurer, Keen McKeen okay or do you want a more hardcore character?

I promise to make dealing with me as nobles as infuriating as possible. (He will have baby pictures of all of you and talk about playing polo with your mothers)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:39 am

If there are any characters that no one wants to use I will.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:44 am

Well, let's see who is eligible for baronet:

Alaric Reiner is a newly joined ranger which is the closest thing the Silvermist has to a squire.
DrSane/Merzinas has been a squire for most of the time. Though he has been knighted recently I think it still counts.
Same goes for Haegon/Aelos.
Tonedyr is a proper squire.

Did I forget anyone that would qualify as a squire?

If not, I'd say Tonedyr can choose first, since he is currently the only proper squire. Then it's first come first serve for the baronets and the special characters if you want to play one of them.

After that the knights choose (first come, first serve again), and then the officers take what is left. We can have up to 9 landed knights and the free and landed knights will afterwards be distributed evenly among the baronets.

Some more details:

If you choose the archdeacon or sheriff notice that they come with certain privileges but also duties. The archdeacon enjoys immunity on his travels due to his clerical position, but the bishop has urged him to achieve that the church holdings in Mobray be excepted from the dues and taxes and has made it clear that he had a promising nephew looking for a clerical position, should the endeavour fail.
The Sheriff has been tasked by the baron of Mobray to uphold the law in the entire barony. Should the laws be severely and continuously broken he will be held responsible. He can travel everywhere and start investigations should suspicions arise. However, he is somewhat at odds with the archdeacon, since he is responsible for enforcing tax collection and the baron has so far been adamant about treating the church holdings like everybody else's.

The lands of the capital city are considered neutral ground and Duke Darlion has made it clear that while he takes no interest in the petty struggles of minor nobles he will not tolerate fighting on lands under his direct protection. The Baron of Mobray has also declared neutrality in the struggle for the inheritance, but also that he will accept the judgement of the gods as to who would be best suited to hold Kelredan - in other words: let the best baronet win. In light of this he would not mind small skirmishes spilling into his lands as long as they serve to determine the new baronet of Kelredan and his subjects are not hurt.

When you play the adventurer you will be slightly at odds with the local nobility, for they know you're a disinherited noble and fear you might find their holdings to your liking. A baronet hiring the adventurer might become subject of this wariness, too.

The Mercenary Captain finally is not the best person to know when you want to improve relations with the peasants. Mercenaries are notorious for a ... liberal interpretation of property or, more bluntly, looting, raping and pillaging.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:18 pm

I shall play as Sir Laurence Stackford.

Sir Laurence Stackford controls Belmonfaire, as heir to the current (aged) Baronet. A landed knight in his own right (this conveys no resource or military benefits, as his personal holdings are part of Belmonfaire), his claim to Kelredan Castle comes from his wife (sadly deceased), who was a cousin to the late Baronet.

Sir Laurence is known to have fought in the Unification wars, but not won any great renown beyond the norm for knights. He is thirty-eight, and wants to mark some improvement in his family's fortunes before he is too old for it. He still holds respect for his father, who now lives out his fading years peacefully, mostly in an elaborate garden he oversees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 pm

Dibs on the Merc Captain if no one new wants him. What a Face

View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:12 pm

I'll assume the mantle of the Baronet of Yaragar, Sir Thedric Baras.

Controlling the village of Yaragar and its portion of waterway for several generations brought a modest wealth to its ruling family, enough so that two generation ago his family was able to be married into the now deceased baronet's bloodline. At the time, the now deceased baronets father saw fit to wed one of his younger sisters to the then unmarried Baronet of Yaragar. This marriage resulted in the Sir Baras's father, who then passed down his title to his son, of a relatively unimportant minor noble lady from Marleons, after his death a decade after the Unification War.

Baronet Yaragar, now age 27, is aware that he has a claim on the now vacant seat Kalredan, and also his precarious position between the other two claimants. Not as militarily strong as Belmonfaire, but not as rich as his neighbor the baronet of Rebache across the river. While competent enough to lead a small group of men against a bandit hideout, he is more known for his head in business, slowly building upon the basis that his forefathers left him. Sir Baras sees the three way claim as an opportunity to be welcomed, at the very least his name will be known more widely outside his current holdings, at the very best he might own a castle. Both of which would be good for business.

(if the back story does not make genealogical or chronological sense I'll revise it as needed. I don't know how many years after Mordred unified Pendor this action takes place)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm

Datedsandwhich/Savan?

(I'll assume a mantle of a landed knight, since I doubt their positions will run out.)

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:10 pm

Archdeacon! I'd love that role... will make up a name for him and the nephew later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Can we have a name for the dead baronet? I'd suggest one myself, but I always get stuck on names.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:52 pm

True, Datedsandwich/Savan was also knighted only very recently. Feel free to choose a position, chap.

Right now we have:

Yaragar - Alaric Reiner --> Sir Thedric Baras
Belmonfaire - Tonedyr --> Sir Laurence Stackford
Archdeacon - Haegon --> N.N.
Adventurer - DrSane --> Keen McKeen (?) ~maybe come up with a less comediesque name?

Landed Knights:
Pravenstern

Free Knights:
Marcus
Iskar
Aranor

Kamos called dibs on the merc captain if no squire wants that position.

PS: The late baronet of Kelredan was named Olfrith Trepton.

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Free Knight for me!

Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 pm

Noted.

A thought that just came to my mind: There would also be landed knights in the baronetcy of Kelredan. Their position is a bit different from that of the other landed knights.
They might have to choose sides and join the cause of one of the baronets, but if they are unlucky another baronet will win and they will loose their lands. Of course, if their baronet wins, they might get a chance to take parts of the estates of the landed knights that did not declare for him. They might also try and stay neutral though that may put them at odds with all baronets.

PS: There are three landed knight estates in each baronetcy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:51 pm

I will go with a landed knight if no one else wants one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:29 pm

I wanna try sheriff , if no one else is to pick this role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:58 am

Noted at the bottom of the first post.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:00 am

Razz muhahahahahaha...

Sir Forn "Scowling Jack" Merclan, the salt slaver

Sir Forn is nearly forty years old, a squat and heavily built man, with slick oiled hair that he pulls back into a pony tail. His eyelids are slightly puffy giving those who look into his eyes the impression he is a pig. Yet what dominates his face is the scar he bears from being struck on the right side of his jaw with a morning-star, he lacks teeth up to his incisors on this side, and the healed flesh concaves disgustingly inwards indicating the missing shards of bone.

Born an bastard, his salt merchant father blackmailed a bankrupt knight to take him as a squire and see him knighted. After his new found title, Sir Forn spent much of his early life working as a thug for the many merchant princes of Javiksholm. He later enlisted into a mercenary company and learnt the brutality and cunning of a sell sword. After many months of campaigning he returned home to his father, with a broken face, a purse spilling with gold, and a baby blonde girl clutching a noldor necklace.

Using the money he saved, he bought a salt mine, and went prowling the countryside for bandits to enslave and work the mine for his family, however it soon became rumour that Scowling Jack would capture any foreign traveler foolish enough to walk undefended along the roads. He married, fathering three similarly squat sons and squired them off to other down on their luck knights, his mysterious daughter grew tall and elegant, with sly eyes twinkling with ambition and a dangerous sword arm to achieve it. When his youngest son returned to him after his knighthood Mordred arrived at Javiksholm with the Unification war. During the retreat from the countryside his slaves escaped and their village house was burned down. After the city was conquered the new lord decided to take the salt mine as his, and after Scowling Jack appeared to beseech him he took a fancy to Forns daughter to. That night Sir Forn bundled his wife and mother in law off to his father to look after, and decided it was time to take his children freelancing to teach them the way of the world. After many years they still adventure side by side, and whilst passing by the capital he finds his daughter and her companions invited to stay at Kelredan castle. After a suspicious night his daughter finds his lordship dead...

Last edited by DrSane on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 am

Chonrad Blackwood, of Darkened Forests, age 22

Chonrad is the fifth knight in the line of Blackwood, and the only heir to Salador Blackwood. Chonrad’s greatgreatgrandfather inherited the Blackwood village in Mobray County through unknown means, at least if you ask anyone other than the family members. And ever since has the newly-founded Blackwood House ruled over the fief, and always the local Baronet has accepted the family’s pledge to them. His father died in the last battles of unification wars three years prior and now he has finally taken over the duties of his ancestors, previously managed by his steward.

Just like everyone in his family, Chonrad was born in the Blackwood Manor. It is also the place where he lived nearly all his life, which was a mixed blessing. On one hand Chonrad didn’t have much social contact with people other than visiting nobles. On the other hand, he had a lot of time to devote to his studies and swordmanship, which he is very proud of. Indeed, his whole childhood was nothing but studying under his tutors and practicing under the two nameless knights serving the Knight of Blackwood. Those experiences shaped him to become the man he is now: cold and emotionless. However, he also became a forward-thinking person, who holds interest in development and stability of the surrounding area and the realm. This translates to great willingness to improve the infrastructure of his village, one of the few things he holds important.

Chonrad himself is a mid-length well-fit person. The tall trees of the forest combined with all the time spent inside the manor have made his skin pale. Just like all the people in his family, Chonrad has a straight black hair and a noble face of authority.

Nearly nothing is known about the family itself. Their fief is remote and hidden in the small forest, and has been repeatedly saved from fires of war through that. Especially with the capital Sarleon on the other side of the river and the rumoured witches, there was little to hold people’s interest. Whether the rumours are true or not, hooded figures have been spotted patrolling around the forest in the past. And the surrounding areas have always been plagued by Heretics…

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Note: Is this acceptable?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pravenstern on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:10 am

description by Iskar
Church of Eunomia Stabilitis - Led by the Archbishop of Sarleon, loosely tied to the Order of the Griffon by their common goal of stability and thus support of the crown. Present all over Pendor, mostly in former Sarleon.

PoPwiki
Eunomia Stabilitis – represented as stern-looking robed woman holding book of law with an owl on her shoulder. The owl is both her messenger and the form she takes when she appears. The hooting of an owl is how she tells her followers that something is coming or about to happen. . “You-know-me-ah Stah-bee-light-iss” Should be invoked before battle with a prayer for order through victory. Shrines in Sarleon, was originally chief goddess when Sarleon ruled all of Pendor.

Archdeacon Ferrand Astigi
The Archdeacon of the church of Eunomia Stabilitis at Mobray.
Archdeacon Ferrand Astigi is a very strict and no-compromising upholder of the Law. His forty years of service in the Church have made every dispute look the same in his eyes. Born the second son of a noble house, Ferrand was forced into the Church at a young age and was known to have his escapades involving wine and the company of troubled women. He was reprimanded and twenty years later found himself Archdeacon at Mobray. Gifted with numbers and making his own life a bit more comfortable with them. Like all Archdeacons, Ferrand functions as the eye of the Bishop. Though Ferrand has another eye, with wich he finds ways to provide the pleasures of life a typical man of faith cannot have.
This second eye brought him to his nephew, Pontus Ario, who is a very devout follower of the owl and has been mentioned as the future ArchBishop. Although Ferrand was never close with his family after they forced him into the church, this time he'd make an exception. In Ferrand's eyes, the current Archbishop needs to be replaced, for he is much too incorruptable and threatened to reprimand him once again if he failed to persuade the Baronet into not asking any taxes or dues from the Church. A second reprimand would mean he'd live the remainder of his life in partial solitude in a secluded monastary for from his desired comforts.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sir Haegon on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 am

Lol, that's how good things can come from misunderstandings.

I meant the nephew to be of the bishop and the remark that he is promising to be a mere threat to the archdeacon that he might be easily replaced should he fail to achieve the tax exemptions for the church holdings, but I like that nephew of the archdeacon, so keep it, I'd say. (The bishop threatening to replace Ferrand as Archdeacon should he fail remains, though, to give him some drive to act.)

PS:

Pravenstern wrote:
Note: Is this acceptable?
Yep.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:48 am

My apologies, I wasn't all to sure the nephew's role. I'll add a few lines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Psychozoa
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 am

I will be a landed Knight then.

Sir Derreck Weiherr, 35 Years Old. tries to behave like true Knight. He always speaks the truth, his sword protects the weak. Treason is the highest crime he can imagine and he despises everyone who lies and doesn't act honorably.

Sir Jareth Meraxes:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:53 am

All noted.

Sir Ealdred Moorsburgh
He is a simple household knight but his family has not always been such. Of old Sarleonese descent he has nobility in his blood like few others and regards younger houses or even the upstart new knights that emerged from the unification wars with contempt. He knows all too well though that ever since his family lost their estates centuries ago his own claim to any lands is a lost case - unless something unexpected happens.
Ealdred is a seasoned knight in his mid forties of typical Sarleon complexion. While his hair is starting to show grey and he is not as fast and strong as he used to be he makes that up by half a lifetime of experience surviving the various battlefields of Pendor. He has a stiff code of honour, but that only applies to those he considers worthy and those are few.
His squire, Jacob Farthing, the son of a landed knight from Kennet County, has just turned 19 and is starting to grow impatient waiting for his knighthood, but Sir Moorsburgh is a strict teacher with very high demands: If he has to condescend to letting the son of a noble with a line of ancestors barely half as long as his own squire for him to make a living, he will at least beat some proper sense of nobility into the boy.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next