An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Should we go ahead with this?
Yes
100%
 100% [ 15 ]
No
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Make further changes
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 am

So this is the situation:

Yaragar - Alaric Reiner --> Sir Thedric Baras
Belmonfaire - Tonedyr --> Sir Laurence Stackford
Rebache - Pravenstern --> Sir Chonrad Blackwood
Archdeacon - Haegon --> Ferrand Astigi
Adventurer - DrSane --> Sir Forn Merclan
Mercenary Captain - Kamos --> N.N.
Sheriff - Zekic --> Olaf Oudant

Landed Knights:
Thash --> Sir Ashton Bellon
Psychozoa --> Sir Derrick Weiherr

Free Knights:
Marcus --> Sir Carax Bouss
Iskar --> Sir Ealdred Moorsburgh
Aranor --> Sir Alain Artois

That means we have up to 10 free slots for landed knights (might reduce number of landed knights per baronet to two if we lack players) and a more or less infinite number of possible free knights. Anyone who wants to take the role of a landed knight before I announce the stuff on the TW forums?

Last edited by Iskar on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 am

Doesn't matter to me, I'll drop in when I have enough time/everything is taken.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:42 pm

Olaf Oudant Sheriff of Mobray County

Story:

Before Mobray County :Olaf Oudant, the infamous warrior from Fierdsvain, not much is known about his past before he arrived to Mobray County 10 years ago.Some think he was vanskerry warrior who betrayed his crew, others say that he was greedy merchant who baited more then he could chew, but only sure thing i that Olaf doesn't want to go back where he came from.

Becoming Sheriff: Due to weakness of Sheriff and various wars Mobray County was infested with bandit's during times when Olaf arrived, and he was quick to use this opportunity. In a few years Olaf gained notoriety amongst bandit's for his habit of backstabbing, treachery and fight's for power, however after Pendor unification when it was easier to deal with bandit's Olaf was quick to switch sides. He organized attack on sheriff, an attack in which he wasn't present himself. Quite on contrary he rushed to help sheriff and his militia and with his help militia killed attackers, "sadly" Olaf was too late to save Sheriff. Soon he managed to gain post of Sheriff using his experience,tough mostly because people who assigned him didn't knew much about him.

Sheriff of Mobray County : Olaf became sheriff for one reason, and one reason only. The power. Olaf always lusted for power, and wealth. He abused his powers as much as he could. Working with bandit's and betraying them when it was useful to him,placing "taxes for protection" on traveling peasant's, terrorizing villages in his early months as Sheriff. Olaf established corruption, and made it well known ,for those who need too, that anything can be done as long as sum of money is right.

Yet criminal activity diminished since Olaf became Sheriff, powerful bandit leader's were quickly brought down as they posed danger to Olaf, peasants who payed taxes remained mostly unharmed,and the only strong group of bandit's is under constant watch of Olaf.

Character description:

Appearance:Olaf got scar from dagger on right side of face, he also got medium beard and long hair, both back. Olaf carries the wealthiest clothes he can afford, he almost always has chain mail and dagger hidden under his clothes no matter occasion. His weapons kit, when he goes to more dangerous trip, includes bunch of throwing axe's and one bigger one handed axe for close combat.

Personality: Olaf is greedy and lusts for power, he sees everyone as possible stepping stone that may serve in his own agendas. He values his life above everything else,doesn't care about honor and is loyal only to himself. Believes that money can buy anything, or anyone.Olaf is merciless and get's mad easy, yet he can easily turn into coward in face of death.His only weakness is his daughter Greta.

Skills:While he is not as strong as usual people from Fierdsvain, he is agile, and quick, traits which saved him on numerous occasions. Olaf got intimidating appearance and reputation which serve him good in achieving his goals. He is skilled with Axe and dagger combat also he is good at throwing axes, his skills are at level of vanskerry raider, or vanskerry warrior at best.

Other:

"Knights of the Lion"
:"Knights of the Lion" is a bandit group in Mobray County who are in agreement with Olaf. Olaf provides them free information and allows them to attack peasant's who didn't payed "Protection taxes" in turn bandit's don't attack peasants who are under protection of Olaf. Also "Knights of the Lion" and Olaf work together to destroy any other bandit group, this brings Olaf fame of good Sheriff in eyes of his superiors and makes sure that "Knights of the Lion" don't have competition.Leader of "Knights of the Lion" is former member of an actual order Sir Althalos of Sarleon. The knight was expelled for his unknightly behaviour yet he insists that he would be called Sir.In the bandit group he adopted rank of grandmaster.

Ryn: Is Olaf's current bodyguard,usual big but not intelligent brute, ready to do every Olaf's command.Formally he is militiaman.

Greta:Greta is currently 6 year old she lives in village of Rebachee and few people know who her true father is.She was conceived after one night stand of Olaf and woman whose name he never cared about.Greta's mother was killed few years after by Olaf himself when she told him about his daughter and demanded money and protection. However Olaf couldn't kill his own daughter. Greta is the only person about who Olaf deeply cares.Her current parents protect the secret under threat of painful deaths, even Greta doesn't know who her father is.

It is mostly compete i may edit it more tough.

How many year's have passed since unification?

I hope i didn't go over the top with "Knight's of the Lion" thing?

Could my Sheriff have more gold at expense of less troops?

I can chose am i Sheriff of Mobray, of Sarleon etc. Or is it already set that i am let's say Sheriff of Balonfire.(Sorry if i missed information, and i hope you understand what i am trying to ask)

Last edited by Zekic Thunion of Laria on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:36 pm

You'd be the Sheriff of Mobray County, i.e. responsible for everything around Sarleon except the city itself. Your direct superior is the baron of Mobray (The turquoise stuff on the map).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:39 pm

Okay thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:56 pm

First post edited, and mostly complete.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43 pm

The protection money thing and the "knights" are a nice idea. Due to the protection money you can consider his budget to be 500 instead of 250 gold. The shady business with the "knights of the lion" is enough risk to balance that. Nicely done Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Would we (any particular class of noble) know about the increasing corruption under Olaf? Of course it might be beneath the honour of a noble to comment on the plight of the peasantry, but we could certainly notice and silently disapprove if any of it is too obvious.

I wonder how many of the "Knights of the Lion" are real members, with the Order replaced by the Griffins, and how many are just common bandits or Rogue Knights who are part of the group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:11 pm

Don't worry.. the Archdeacon will get rid of this heresy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Arceon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey guys I'm back. I would like to do one of the roles!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Tonedyr "Knight's of the Lion" is just a name, and they aren't some actual reincarnation of order.But i guess it would be nice touch to make their leader former knight of the Lion, who was expelled before order was destroyed.

Gonna add it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Sir Arceon wrote:
Then pick, there are several roles left! You can even take up my role as the baronet if you'd like.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:32 pm

Quote :
Would we (any particular class of noble) know about the increasing corruption under Olaf? Of course it might be beneath the honour of a noble to comment on the plight of the peasantry, but we could certainly notice and silently disapprove if any of it is too obvious.
And on this i am not sure. In my opinion if noble doesn't care about peasants, bandits which Olaf hunts down would be enough to satisfy him, on the other hand if noble cares more about people and is interested how they do, he could certainly have heard about corruption, "taxes for protection" and peasant dislike for their sheriff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aodh
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 pm

I was think of being a Landed knight of the dead guy, but was wondering if the guy had any family he left behind?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 am

No, the point is the dead baronet has no close relatives that would have a proper claim to his castle and lands. His son died in the wars and his wife of the red plague.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Arceon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:22 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Sir Arceon wrote:
Then pick, there are several roles left! You can even take up my role as the baronet if you'd like.

Conrad Blackwood is the baronet, right? That sounds like fun. Is it ok if I change the story though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 am

Chonrad Blackwood is Pravenstern's character and baronet of Rebache. The deceased one was of Kelredan.

You can choose freely where your knightly estate should be located.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:33 am

Sir Arceon wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
Sir Arceon wrote:

Conrad Blackwood is the baronet, right? That sounds like fun. Is it ok if I change the story though?
No! I meant that you can take up the mantle of baronet and I would move back to being a landed knight like I intended to.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Arceon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 am

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. Embarassed Thankyou! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:22 am

We still need names and stories for the baronet of Rebache (Arceon) and the mercenary captain (Kamos).

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 am

Yagiz the Third, Blade in the Dusk

Yagiz is a short slender man of D'Shar decent with dark skin, slick black hair and a most distinctive goatee including his longer curled mustache by which he is known. His face is chronically plastered with a deviant joyful grin and followed by his upbeat jaunty voice, ever in a good mood. He walks around in bright silk clothing and rides a black horse with a scimitar and bow ever at his side. Yagiz also speaks in third person and arbitrarily refers to himself as the third and gave himself the title Blade in the Dusk making him somewhat eccentric.

Yagiz is of tribal D'Shar stock born into an independent tribe that mainly raided the dominant factions of the Unification wars. Yagiz himself took up the sword like all others of his tribe and took to raiding the D'Shar lands of anyone passing through, a customary greeting. However after one raid on a merchant caravan he found himself being lectured by the head merchant for his wasteful ways, how there could be great amounts of gold and power in his future if he instead helped merchants like himself. So after killing the merchant Yagiz decided to sell his sword instead.
Since then he has served with dubious distinction mostly along the coast and lacks a strong reputation either good or bad. Over the years he has gained a small number of followers who mainly follow him because he has a keen nose for getting them gold and it's easier to get work as a group. He doesn't make for an inspiring leader but his gregarious nature makes him easy to follow.

Currently he has been prowling the taverns near Sarleon looking for work with his two warrior concubines Mara and Rana, who hate each other, and his small band of mercenaries.

View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:53 am

He's supposed to be pretty nonsensical.

View user profile
Sir Arceon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 am

Baronet of Rebache: William Grey

Coming from the former Knights of the Lion, he had gained the title of baronet of Rebache through mere fate. His knight-captain, Sir Nathaniel Greenfield, had held the position until the town was raided by a group of bandits. They had come at the dead of night, slaughtering, pillaging, and raping as they went. When William awoke in the guest room at the village hall, he heard the smell of burning and quickly got equipped in his ever ready battle gear. Upon reaching the doorway he discovered that the doorway was covered in flame and he decided to do the bravest thing he had ever done. He ran through the flames being scorched all the way and forever after bears the burns he received that day.
Once outside he saw that a fight had broken out. His knight-captain Sir Greenfield was engaging the bandits with the town watch. The bandits appeared to have the upperhand as they cut their way to Greenfield. Greenfield himself sat atop his horse valiantly holding off the bandits as the townspeople escaped the village. He could not last forever, though.
After the last of the poorly equipped town guard were killed the bandits surrounded Greenfield and cut his horse down. Without the height advantage Greenfield quickly began losing ground, until after bruised and tired, one of the bandits slew him.
"NOOOOO!" William roared with fury as he charged the remaining six bandits. Charged with adrenaline cut each one down with his sword. The crisis had ended.
By the afternoon of the next day the townspeople had managed to quell the fires and bury the dead. A service was held for Sir Greenfield and William, the obvious choice, was made the new baronet and regarded as a hero for what he had done.
The first thing William did was creating a standing army for the town and surrounding land so a thing like that would never happen again. The town was slowly rebuilt and it's economy restored from that fateful night until Rebache became prosperous.
The people became devoutly loyal to William as he became an accomplished leader. But William never forgot how he came to power and he made sure that it would never happen again.

William is an accomplished diplomat, leader, and an excellent warrior. He is extremely chivalrous and will not kill unnecessarily as well as let his men or people die needlessly. He fights on horseback with a lance but often takes to the ground and fights with his shield and sword. As well as this he is a brilliant general who has the ability to come up with solutions that others might not have seen.
He is looking to expand his territory by taking Kelredan Castle, of which the Baronet just died, with the full support of his people. He believes that he is the most noble, with his knightly heritage, of the surrounding baronets to be able to control such an important position and not abuse the power. With the great wealth of Rebache he hopes on hiring some mercenaries in order to bolster his numbers. He is also awaiting the arrival of a landed knight whose help he hopes to gain in order to fulfill his goal.
In terms of religion he follows the goddess Astrea despite the norm for the area and established church. This leads to some tension with the Archdeacon in the area but as of yet has not lead to bloodshed. His people are split between the two deities with some following their leaders example and others following the norm of the rest of Mobray County. These two faction are too loyal to William to engage in conflict though, so there is no danger of rebellion within Rebache.

Last edited by Sir Arceon on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:44 am

You might want to add some sort of weak claim to Kelredan. Entering the struggle without any kind of claim might be interesting, but hard.

Judging from his story he might try and lodge some sort of meritocratesque claim, saying that he would simply be the best and noblest choice.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Arceon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am

Go idea, I think I am also going to add some sort of religion aspect to him. It might be interesting to have him worship a different deity than the established one in the area, say Astrea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters   

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Mini Event Layout and Characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3