Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

General OOC - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 am

Calm down guys. First, Zekic please change your post to trying to hit him with an axe.

Second, please don't rush posting like that, mesor. It does not help anyone if we simply post a contradicting message when we do not like an action. Perhaps best remove that rushed post and wait for the outcome of Olaf's action.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 am

Will try to explain my position first so GM would know. First of all olaf can draw his axe while he is kneeled, so he is basicly draws his axe and turns around and tries to hit while kneeled. Secondly next thing he will do is to try to escape on horse. Thirdly all the mounted regulars should have been rather far away or Olaf would have noticed them in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:51 am

Up to the GM, but they are in trees in shadows so they don't need to be that far.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:52 am

Done, and once again sorry for rushing it myself, i tough it was a sure hit, still should have asked before posting.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 am

Nothing is sure in this unless both sides agree on it Smile

Kalam is a trained squire so he has his chance to evade the attack.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 am

How is Seph with the party of adventurers and standing about in the courtyard?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:54 am

Adventurers is on day 2 in the afternoon, courtyard is on day 3.

2 different events.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 8:57 am

..... wow combat in this game is unfair.

Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 am

Well it is a matter of perspective, imo its good that skill and numbers don't decide everything. Strategy is very important aspect too.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 am

Actually it's not. It's a bit like dungeons and Dragons really. (I think)

If he hadn't been kneeling the hit chance would be much lower.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:02 am

But to draw your axe then turn round while on your knees would take 3-4 seconds minamul, Kalam would of seen it and moved well before that and I'd specified before that he kept one hand on his sword so he had take a precaution.

No human being in history could of managed that attack against a trained soldier.

The defender in this is at a suicidal disadvantage.

Last edited by Mesor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:03 am

Well Iskar its up to you to decide what happens next. Will Olaf be fast enough to get to the horse? Will Regulars and knight butcher him like pig? what will "Knight of Lion"(Who is not they'r leader, that fact that i should have mentioned before) and his friend do?
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:04 am

Mesor wrote:
But to draw your axe then turn round while on your knees would take 3-4 seconds minamul, Kalam would of seen it and moved well before that and I'd specified before that he kept one hand on his sword so he had take a precaution.

The defender in this is at a suicidal disadvantage.

It's worked well in other events.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 am

Meh I guess, but to go from on his knees to draw his weapon, turn round, raise his arm and swing so fast that Kalam who had one hand on his weapon could not even move is physicall impossible.

But meh I doubt either of the men will get off their horse to give it to him and 2 men on 1 horse is to slow to escape.
Back to top Go down
Sir Nickolas
Squire
Sir Nickolas

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 am

The things I miss while I'm at the university...

I've read through the Rebache situation and the OCC thread, even though it probably already resolved by now. However, during my readings through it, it seems that some posts have been edited and others may not have been revised yet. Needless to say, the entire situation seems to be a bit confusing for me. (It doesn't help that its still continuing while I write this.)

I agree that Jared's knowledge of the "Knights of the Lion" bandit group is a bit doubtful. The only way I could see a possible connection is the messenger, and the times may be somewhat off as travel time should be involved. This event happened during Day 2 in the Rebache and Mobray Inn threads. (For me, page 2 on both topics)
In addition, how could the "Knights of the Lion" begin their raids or be caught so quickly? Sir Hounds began writing his accusation letter to the Sheriff during the Evening of Day 2, while Olaf written orders to these bandits around 2 PM of the same day. It hasn't even been a full week yet worth of raids, and the letter "encouraging" them to head in that direction was sent by, presumably, Olaf's messenger and not that of Rebache's. In addition, the messenger getting intercepted by Rebache's forces seems unlikely, and we haven't even accounted for travel time. So, how exactly did Jared obtain this information?

Now, for the Yaragar Squire, chilling out and having a picnic while chaos happens within the original timeline seems to have been retconned. Now, while I may be biased in my analysis (Nickolas is a Free Knight of Yaragar), I think the current events are progressing somewhat smoothly.

Also, with the door being guarded and everything, I have no idea. It seems that this was resolved already.

I will not comment on the actual situation going on within Rebache, as everything seems to be chaotic in there. However, it seems like this scenario will stay present considering how far it has already progressed, even if the initial "starter" may be questionable.

Ah to hell with it. I'm too slow for this, so I'll post now and read later. Smile
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

Quote :
It's worked well in other events.
That's the point. If we were to argue about wether each action would fail or not fail, it would take ages. That's what GM's are for, to solve such issues without to much arguing.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 am

You simply said that he knelt, no glimpsing, no cheating, he simply knelt. Also this system is only for this kind of ambush-esque single combat. For actual fights with several men we'd use more appropriate mechanics.

What happens next will depend on the actions of the men Jared sent after the Sheriff. The brigands will join Olaf if he fights.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:07 am

Getting the information had happened before the starting of this game.

Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 am

Just little not Mesor, i never said they were on their horses in fact i never said there were 2 horses, just one horse standing near man with iron armor.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:12 am

Since we are operating on seperate time lines would it be possible for William to arrive back to Rebache while not having the information yet, but later in the "Touring Rebache" thread have Seph tell him? Just so I don't miss any action. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 am

I told you it the next afternoon, the tour will have ended by then anyway.

Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 am

What information.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:14 am

That's exactly what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:14 am

The information being the sheriff situation.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

Hey Zekic no actions, you have to let mine play out first before you can make yours.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 6 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next