An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:52 am

[For the Belmonfaire roleplay.]

Last edited by Iskar on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 am

Sir Ashton Bellon rode into Belmonfaire and up to the manor to report to Sir Lawrence. However he was not there, and was told by his steward that he had journeyed to Mobray Castle for a meet about the recently vacated Kelredan's. However the steward did not know when he would return.
"Ach well I shall wait here for him. We have matters to attend to when he returns."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 pm

Day 1-2: Night

Laurence rode up to his manor door, followed by Alain and the few regulars he had taken to Mobray as an honour guard.

"Open the gate!"

The door guard recognised his voice easily enough.

"Sir! A moment sir."

That minor business taken care of, the horses were stabled and the men went to bed.

Day 2: Noon

Sir Laurence got up, dressed, and made his way to the hall of his manor. On the way he encountered his steward.

"Steward Wilhelm. What business has arisen while I was away?"

"Well my Lord, Sir Ashton arrived yesterday looking for you. Nothing else significant came up while you were gone."

"If you see him, send him to me in the hall. I'll be breaking my fast. Oh, and send Sir Alain along too."

Soon Sir Laurence was eating in his hall, not long before lunch would be served.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Soon commoner woman walked up to guards of Manor, she said with trembling voice, almost crying. "May i enter please? I need to deliver a message to Sir Laurence"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:07 pm

Willhelm, the Steward, came into the dining hall.

"My lord, there is a peasant woman at the door in some distress, claiming to have a message. Should I show her in, or turn her away?"

Sir Laurence looked up from his meal, practically emotionless.

"Show her in. We cannot afford to turn away any possible messages at this time."

A few minutes later, the commoner was brought into the hall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:24 pm

Sir Ashton rode into town, his courser kicking up dusk around the village square. The concern on his face was evident. He came quickly behind the lady and spoke to the guard.

"I need to speak with Sir Laurence immediately, we have pressing business on the northern road."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

The guard was quick enough to open the door, stepping back and bowing deferentially.

"Yes sir. M'lord is in the hall."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Woman took a few steps, she was very nervous, then she suddenly remembered something, and bowed "My Lord" she said with trembling voice, then she gave a note to Sir Laurence.

Note:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Sir Laurence took a moment to write a reply down. He then passed it to the woman, saying,
"Give this to the man who sent that note. Afterwards, come back here and perhaps I can help you with whatever concerns affect you so badly."

Response note:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 pm

As woman looked at Sir Laurence for a second, for mere second, something was shining bright in her eyes, hope maybe, but it dissapeared just as fast. She took latter, and with short breath, breath of relief it was, she left with words "Thank you My Lord"

Last edited by Zekic Thunion of Laria on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Sir Alain entered the hall, he had changed into his usual garb of a simple tabard with a badge of his heraldry.

he made a respectful bow

"Greetings my lord, you summoned me?"

Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Laurence waved Alain toward a seat.

"Yes, we need to discuss politics. But first, you may as well have a bite to eat - we'll be here a while. Wilhelm told me that Sir Ashton arrived yesterday, and I hope he's still here. If not I may have to send for him, since he will be involved too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Sir Ashton paced across the outside waiting for one of the guards to let him in. When the guard called him in saying the Lord was waiting for him, he briskly stepped in. He looked with surprise to see food set out before him, he realized he had not eaten in a few days, being out on the road one often forgets the basic necessities. He looked to the Lord and waited for him to call Aston forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:05 pm

Sir Laurence heard Sir Ashton entering, and turned to greet him.

"Ah, Sir Ashton, come and sit down. I do wish you wouldn't keep doing that - it's not too hard to announce yourself. Anyway, have something to eat and we'll get down to business."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Ashton sat and ate ravenously, once he finished, he turned to Sir Laurence and Sir Alain,

"What is this news you have for me? I apologize for not making an appearance at Mobray there were some pressing matters along the northern road."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 pm

"Well, with Olfrith's death it looks like there will be a struggle over succession. Lord Malbert is staying neutral in the matter, while Thedric Baras and William Grey have made claims on Kelredan, as I did. Now we must make plans to ensure that the castle passes to me. From the sound of things, Thedric will back off if things come to battle, though he may be skilled in plots. William has no blood claim, and may try to bring battle or to use his links with the peasantry. So, the situation looks favourable so long as my opponents do not band together against me. So, your thoughts?"

With this summary done, Sir Laurence paused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:23 am

"It appears as though I've missed much, yes I would say we have a significant advantage over our opponents. Should they unite militarily we may have a problem, the reason that I rode here yesterday was to inform you of a problem to the north. "

Ashton paused, taking a drink

"A slaver calling himself "The Merchant" has begun to generate a problem among the people, no one will take the northern road, not even guarded caravans. I myself have been trying to track him for days with minimal success. That leaves me and my men tied up in the north."

Last edited by Sir Thash Kor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:46 am

Sir Alain ate quietly while Sir Laurence and Ashton spoke

He swallowed, wiped his mouth and began to speak

"A support is nothing without a base. William Grey? His lands have been ravaged by the unification wars, the only reason he has a single copper in his treasury is because of that bridge of his, connecting him to Sarleon. He's also a damn Astraean, there has always been a Stabilite on the seat of Kelredan."

"As for Thedric, he may be blood related, but he's too far away. He would have too go to out of his way to come to Kelredan, and in the case of a crisis, his lands would be divided and he wouldn't be able to react."

"My thoughts? There are several landed knights in Olfrith's lands. A lord must build a strong base in his lands. You most likely know them my lord, from family feasts and such. Reaffirm your bond with them, remind them of the cooperation you both had in fighting foes, and get them on your side. If all of Kelredan sides with you, noone could challenge your claim, while Thedric and William squabble amongst themselves. Perhaps you should go yourself? To make an impression?"

Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:57 am

"Be cautious however, their concerns for the moment would be keeping their estates once a new lord is appointed, remind them that you are their friend and on their side as much as they are on your side."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

The Jester gave a wicked smile

"Of course.."

Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:18 pm

"Ah yes, the landed knights of Kelredan will no doubt be receptive to my claim. They have seen as much fighting as we have here, and I know them well enough. The merchants of the area may not be so easy to convince. When we are done here, and I've caught up on any other business, I shall travel to Kelredan and see who I can convince to support my claim."

Sir Laurence thought for a moment.

"Sir Ashton, this 'Merchant' concerns me. However, your men will be needed soon. Hmm... I think you should rest here, and leave tomorrow. I'll give you two days from then to hunt him. Whether you succeed or not, I'll need you to come back in that time unless success is close. If you can, bring him back, alive or dead, and we can show the people again that we stand defending them. I must say though, do not take risks. I cannot afford the losses at so crucial a time, while the slavers can be dealt with later if they prove too dangerous for now."

Sir Laurence turned to Sir Alain.

"Actually, that brings me to the next point. I've heard nothing of Vanskerry incursions recently, but that does not mean the Dawn have stopped them all. It would be just my luck for a party to get through at such a critical time. Sir Alain, I want you to go scouting so that we don't have any unwelcome surprises. You leave this afternoon, and return tomorrow. If you see any, don't attack them. I want information more than the deaths of a few. Ah, it's at times like these that I wish I had more than two knights I could trust to do more than just fight. There are easily a dozen things we could be doing to gain an advantage."

(OOC: This conversation will continue at its current time, Day 2: Noon.)

Day 2: Late afternoon
Sir Laurence rode out to go visit the landed knights of Kelredan, with three of his household knights behind him.

(OOC: I am using some of the "knights" we get as part of our levy. I'm assuming they're good fighters but without the initiative to do anything else - only the named knights can.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:14 am

Approaching the entrance to the tower house in Belmonfaire 2 regulars stand to attention before the guards.

" We are here on the behalf of the sirs Iobairt, we request entrance to meet with your baron on their behalf. "

Day 2 Evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:00 am

Day 2: Evening
Steward Wilhelm answered the door.

"My lord Horace stays out of politics. You want to speak with his son, Sir Laurence, who now manages Belmonfaire. However, he has just recently left and is travelling to Kelredan to speak with the landed knights there - no doubt your masters will meet with him on their own estate soon enough."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:03 am

Groaning together the two soldiers bow briefly then turn and breaking into a run head back the way they had came.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Day 2 Night

Ashton saddled his courser and rode off into the night, time waited on no man and to catch this merchant he would need to rendezvous with his men as soon as he could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Belmonfaire (Continuous)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next